PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Vs SHSU Title Game Thread SMACK FREE VERSION.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM
I would like to have a thread on the title game that is Smack free and discuss the title game not have a dick measuring contest or talk about who works at home vs how much money you make or who's women look the best. Please keep this thread discussion to the game PLEASE leave the smack for the other thread that hopefullywill be moved to the Smack forum where it belongs.

I for one am looking forward to a very hard fought contest. Will NDSU's offense show up and play a mistake free game? Can our defense stop SHSU again like we did last year? Personally I don't think our defense has done as good a job against the top flight competition in the playoffs as we did last year. SDSU was a good effort but SDSU didn't have the offense that Wofford or GSU or SHSU has. Wofford got yards on us. GSU got more yards on us and SHSU is yet to be determined. I know statistically we are better than last year on D but we seem to be giving up more yardage than last year (at least in the playoffs). Marcus hasn't played as sharp (poor tackling) and cushy on pass D in the playoffs up to this point. He got burned on the 4th down long pass conversion in the GSU game. Our D in the playoffs has been pretty beat up. Hoping the three weeks rest does them good they need it. Brock will need to beat SHSU with more than just his legs. I've got a feeling they are going to make him beat them with the pass and that's exactly what I'd do if I were SHSU. On offense I think our running game is enough to win us the games but we lost two great players from last years team on the O line and I think it's showed in the playoffs in our not converting on key 3rd down plays. Last year a big part of our looking good on Defense was the fact that our offense was able to give our D much needed rest on the sidelines as our offense was converting more third down's and sustaining longer drives. This year not so much so. I'll be at the game in Frisco again and it will be fun either way but I hope we have a good game by both sides and another Bison "W" & Championship.

darell1976
December 21st, 2012, 03:25 PM
I think these teams are pretty evenly matched. SHSU's O vs NDSU's D. Classic matchup. I predict an OT game. Good luck to both teams!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM
Aw come on, TOTALLY smack free? There's smack and there's what happened over there.

Anyhoo. My feelings on the GSU game are as follows. That team was just flat out worn the f out after the Wofford game. It shows how good this team really is actually winning that game.

Are they good enough to stop the Sam D again? Yes.

Can they score enough points to win? Yes.

I, for one, will have a blast either way.

BisonBabe
December 21st, 2012, 03:29 PM
I expect the game to be pretty close (within a TD) keeping us all on edge until the end. I don't expect it to be a scoring contest either so may the best team win.

xcoach2
December 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
I expect the game to be pretty close (within a TD) keeping us all on edge until the end. I don't expect it to be a scoring contest either so may the best team win.

I think more points will be score than last year. Seemed' like both sides were feeling each other out and the game moved really quickly. I expect both offenses to take more chances this year.

BNATION
December 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
gonna be a good en ready for the 5th. I think SHSU's D will need to get a turnover at some point in this game. IMO if NDSU finds themselves having to throw alot we will walk out champions.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Well BisonBabe just like in the GSU game turnovers will be key to who wins this one. If NDSU can limit or capitalize on them then I don't see anything changing from last year. I just not so sure of our Defense playing as stellar as they did last year. I'm not expecting a big letdown or anything but to expect near perfection from them every game is also putting a lot of pressure on them and our offense hasn't helped them this year as much as they did last year. I hope Brock finds that swagger again that he had last year and earlier this year. If he does then I expect a Bison win again.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
I think more points will be score than last year. Seemed' like both sides were feeling each other out and the game moved really quickly. I expect both offenses to take more chances this year.

I agree especially with SHSU. I'm not sure about ours though as Bohl I don't think will want to put Brock into a position where he feels he has to execute flawlessly. You can make mistakes in the run game and not have it hurt you but you make them in the passing game and it can change the whole complexion of the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Well BisonBabe just like in the GSU game turnovers will be key to who wins this one. If NDSU can limit or capitalize on them then I don't see anything changing from last year. I just not so sure of our Defense playing as stellar as they did last year. I'm not expecting a big letdown or anything but to expect near perfection from them every game is also putting a lot of pressure on them and our offense hasn't helped them this year as much as they did last year. I hope Brock finds that swagger again that he had last year and earlier this year. If he does then I expect a Bison win again.

This may sound cliche, but you can tell that a weight had been lifted off of Brock's shoulders when he scored that TD.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
Well since the Indiana State game he hasn't been the same player. All last year and earlier this year he played on the edge but stayed sharp. Something happened in that Indiana State game and he's been a different player. Still a solid player but not playing with the swagger he had last year or earlier this year. We need the Brock with the Swagger in Frisco.

Sammy94
December 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
I respect the Bison D and Coach Bohl but with our new offensive scheme (we throw a bit more than Wofford & GSU), the revenge factor, and the anemic Bison O. I realistically see Sam winning by 10 or more. Can't wait until the 5th to find out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
If the Bison do not turn the ball over they will win.

The defense will be rested and the WRs will have plenty of time to get healed up.

Wofford and GSU were a more 'power' orientated option teams compared to SHSU. The Bison match-up much better against SHSU. I'll take a very good defense over any type of offense.

Bison win this game 28-13

xcoach2
December 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
If the Bison do not turn the ball over they will win.

Wofford and GSU were a more 'power' orientated option teams compared to SHSU. The Bison match-up much better against SHSU.

GSU and Woff are true option offenses. The option is a package to Sam and not an offense. GSU/Woff trap/influence trap block their option whereas Sam does not. So while I'll agree that their run (blocking) schemes are more difficult to defend both are inept at passing. You don't have to defend the pass against those two teams and Sam has considerably better personnel at WR.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM
GSU and Woff are true option offenses. The option is a package to Sam and not an offense. GSU/Woff trap/influence trap block their option whereas Sam does not. So while I'll agree that their run (blocking) schemes are more difficult to defend both are inept at passing. You don't have to defend the pass against those two teams and Sam has considerably better personnel at WR.

NDSU has fared better against those passing teams than they have vs. the true option teams. I think what you are seeing as a strength plays into NDSU's favor advantage NDSU.

xcoach2
December 21st, 2012, 04:43 PM
NDSU has fared better against those passing teams than they have vs. the true option teams. I think what you are seeing as a strength plays into NDSU's favor advantage NDSU.

Sam is not a passing team. They're more balanced than your typical option offense. Facing a team that is one dimensional is a huge advantage IMO.

Sam is a spread option offense with some pro-style characteristics. Reason' why major college programs (for the most part) don't run junior high offensive schemes like GSU/Woff is because they're so one dimensional. Tough to defend but you can line up everyone close to the line of scrimmage. I think GSU would have been a great matchup in Sam's favor because they're average on dfene and limited offensively.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Sam is not a passing team. They're more balanced than your typical option offense. Facing a team that is one dimensional is a huge advantage IMO.
Not if that one team has a back like Breitenstien (forgive my spelling I'm sure it's not correct). Also not if that team is GSU which had probably one of the best option QB's and true athletes I've seen at the dome. NDSU's defense will no doubt have a tall order in defending SHSU but I think they match up much better with SHSU defensively then they did against GSU or Wofford.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Not if that one team has a back like Breitenstien (forgive my spelling I'm sure it's not correct). Also not if that team is GSU which had probably one of the best option QB's and true athletes I've seen at the dome. NDSU's defense will no doubt have a tall order in defending SHSU but I think they match up much better with SHSU defensively then they did against GSU or Wofford.

It was actually the passing downs that gave NDSU its best opportunities. Pass=pass rush and we all saw what happened when the Bison pass rushed.

Bison56
December 21st, 2012, 05:27 PM
I am interested to see how NDSU O-line handles the pressure from SHSU. They sure like to bring the heat.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
I think both teams match up well defensively with the opposing offense. NDSU's strength on offense is the run game and that is SHSU's strength on defense and if last year is any indication the Bison can't rely on their run game to win this on it's own. Similarly, I don't think Sincere and Bell have the toughness to run effectively on the NDSU defense. Flanders is another story, he worries me. He's the most talented offensive player on either team and probably the only guy in this game who could literally carry his team to victory himself.

fmrbearkat
December 21st, 2012, 05:57 PM
It was actually the passing downs that gave NDSU its best opportunities. Pass=pass rush and we all saw what happened when the Bison pass rushed.

Bring on the pass rush....Sam has given up something like 4 sacks ALL year and I think 2 were at A&M and 1 at Baylor!

Bisonator
December 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Considering our defense was pretty beat up and wore out after the Wofford game I'm kind of surprised we didn't give up more yards and points to GSU then we did. I expect a much better defensive performance against SHSU. The offense will be the question. I think they will try to run and control the clock. How well SHSU defends will probably dictate our passing attack. If they stuff the run Brock will have tk make them pay with the deep threat. I'm not familiar with Sams special teams, but I sure like ours. Our kickers are excellent anx our coverage is terrific. Pretty good returners too although I'm getting a little disappointed with our punt returners not fair catching and letting the ball bounce down deep. Should be a great game that could go either way. Go Bison!

Wilson16
December 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
I am interested to see how NDSU O-line handles the pressure from SHSU. They sure like to bring the heat.

It's called a screen pass. The one last year was successful and there will be at least one more successful one this year.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Useless Trivia

SHSU scored 45 on EWU, a team that gave up 35 to ISU, ISU scored 20 on NDSU
UCA beat SHSU 24-20, then lost to GSU 24-16, GSU Scored 49 against ODU, then GSU scored 20 against NDSU
UCA beat EIU 48-30, SDSU beat EIU 58-10, SDSU Scored 17 on NDSU the first time and 3 in the rematch.

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
The ability of the NDSU O-line to withstand the SHSU defensive pressure that I saw in the EWU game will be one of the biggest keys to the game. The slant and screen passes were effective for EWU against SHSU and one busted tackle can lead to a big gain or 6 points. One of the other keys will be the ability of NDSU to control the clock; If the Bison O has the ball for 35+ minutes, the tail end of the 3rd quarter & entire 4th quarter will see a worn out Bearcat D.

Our rested D can & will neutralize their offense like we did last year (1/2 the yds vs. season avg.) It will hurt not having Perry in the front 4, but our LB & DB corps is and will be ready for whatever Fritz throws at us.

344Johnson
December 21st, 2012, 11:11 PM
Bring on the pass rush....Sam has given up something like 4 sacks ALL year and I think 2 were at A&M and 1 at Baylor!

And if NDSU played in a JV conference Brock would be an All-American.....

Texas
December 21st, 2012, 11:21 PM

Still would throw pick sixes.

xcoach2
December 21st, 2012, 11:51 PM
I think both teams match up well defensively with the opposing offense. NDSU's strength on offense is the run game and that is SHSU's strength on defense and if last year is any indication the Bison can't rely on their run game to win this on it's own. Similarly, I don't think Sincere and Bell have the toughness to run effectively on the NDSU defense. Flanders is another story, he worries me. He's the most talented offensive player on either team and probably the only guy in this game who could literally carry his team to victory himself.

Solid assessment. Rep for you.

fmrbearkat
December 22nd, 2012, 01:22 AM

If you get more than one sack I will give you props! I doubt u get the one though! MSU was supposed to have an all world dline and you saw what happened there! Still say low scoring match but the Kats get the edge without the need for gimmick plays! We will have 1 probably 2 picks deep into your territory and we will capitalize this year unlike last year!

344Johnson
December 22nd, 2012, 02:47 AM
Still would throw pick sixes.

Idk, the Southland is pretty horrible outside of SHSU and CAU yes?

If you get more than one sack I will give you props! I doubt u get the one though! MSU was supposed to have an all world dline and you saw what happened there! Still say low scoring match but the Kats get the edge without the need for gimmick plays! We will have 1 probably 2 picks deep into your territory and we will capitalize this year unlike last year!

Everyone in the world knows that it would be impossible for Montana State to have a good defense considering who they are and who they play.

Comparing anything about our defense to Montana State's is simply ridiculous.

mgbison
December 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Flanders is a stud and we have to key on him. However, the option that Sam was running against EWU will get shut down. If Bell has to carry the ball on those option reads, he's gonna get hurt. Also, I want Bell throwing the ball. He seemed liked one of the most inaccurate QB's I've ever seen in last years NC game. Plus, he did not like getting hit.

Once again, stopping Flanders (containing is probably the more appropriate term) is going to be key.

The Bison offense. I liked the play we ran when GSU's corners were man up on an island where Brock faked going back to pass in the shotgun and the receivers ran fly patterns. GSU stopped doing that in a hurry. Screens will be huge.

Its gonna be a fun weekend. One last thought, our punter was the difference last game and Lecompte has been playing very well the past several weeks. For NDSU to win, field position is important.

katstrapper
December 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Sacks and Turnovers will be keys to this game. In the three playoff games thus far, Sam Houston Defense has accumulated 11 sacks and 6 turnovers. I also think time of possession stat will be huge. NDSU and SHSU are both ranked in the top in FCS in this category.

This game has the potential to be one of the best Championship games in a while. Even though the outcome wasnt what I would have liked, last years game was an awesome game to watch. Two plays out of the entire game was the difference and they happened back to back. I am ready for Jan 5th.

katstrapper
December 22nd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Flanders is a stud and we have to key on him. However, the option that Sam was running against EWU will get shut down. If Bell has to carry the ball on those option reads, he's gonna get hurt. Also, I want Bell throwing the ball. He seemed liked one of the most inaccurate QB's I've ever seen in last years NC game. Plus, he did not like getting hit.

Once again, stopping Flanders (containing is probably the more appropriate term) is going to be key.

The Bison offense. I liked the play we ran when GSU's corners were man up on an island where Brock faked going back to pass in the shotgun and the receivers ran fly patterns. GSU stopped doing that in a hurry. Screens will be huge.

Its gonna be a fun weekend. One last thought, our punter was the difference last game and Lecompte has been playing very well the past several weeks. For NDSU to win, field position is important.

MG, I agree with you on Bell's game last year in the NC,but I will tell you that you will see a different kid this year.
He has really become a solid QB and has played pretty well through the playoffs thus far.

The biggest difference in the Kat O this year is that they have a full stable of WR's this year. Fritz has really upgraded this position and it has paid dividends. The main three......

Trey Diller (#18) has had a great senior season. Leading receiver for SHSU. He does it all, punt returns... kick returns... wide receiver .. He is a big kid and plays a very physical kind of football.

Chance Nelson (#81)... Redshirt Freshman transfer from Tx A&M. Has the ability for getting open on the long pass plays and is the big play receiver of this group averaging 20 yds a catch and has 9 td receptions.

Richard Sincere (#6).... Everyone knows about him. Receiver, Wild Bearkat QB and RB. Can beat teams in so many ways. Sincere has been a little banged up all season, but in the playoffs, he has been healthy and has returned to his previous form. He has a 49 yd pass this year out of the wildcat formation. Dont be surprised if you see him throw the ball a little more out of that formation in this game.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
NDSU did an awesome job of avoiding the big play in last yr's NC game. Several shoestring tackles last yr (KUDOS to those kids) but I see Flanders or Sincere breaking off a big one or 2 in this game. Last yr, we had a poor vertical passing attack to compliment the option & our new OC has implemented more this season & I feel these 2 aspects will be the difference.

Either way though, I don't see a team winning by more than a score. Wouldn't be surprised if it came down to a game-winning FG. The stage is set to be a great time for both fan bases & a HUGE game for all involved. Couldn't ask for more.

fmrbearkat
December 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
Idk, the Southland is pretty horrible outside of SHSU and CAU yes?

I
Everyone in the world knows that it would be impossible for Montana State to have a good defense considering who they are and who they play.

Comparing anything about our defense to Montana State's is simply ridiculous.

Well they did have the Buchanan award winner in Caleb Schraiblies (who did nothing against us) and Firstbteam all american everywhere and one hell of a LB in Owens so maybe it's MVfC that truly weak?Wagner was beat by EWU, which almost beat MSU and did beat Illinoise state who NDSU lost to so putting that info into my computer it comes out with a KAT WIN!!!!

Seriously my brain is scrambled....I'm ready for the 5th!!!! And I just threw some schools out with no research except I know EWU be ISU who beat the team y'all lost too!!! Yes trolls I know that's all garbage but its fact!!

P.s. I really don't care about the above! It's gonna an epic battle!!!

da_Bison
December 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Well they did have the Buchanan award winner in Caleb Schraiblies (who did nothing against us) and Firstbteam all american everywhere and one hell of a LB in Owens so maybe it's MVfC that truly weak?Wagner was beat by EWU, which almost beat MSU and did beat Illinoise state who NDSU lost to so putting that info into my computer it comes out with a KAT WIN!!!!

Seriously my brain is scrambled....I'm ready for the 5th!!!! And I just threw some schools out with no research except I know EWU be ISU who beat the team y'all lost too!!! Yes trolls I know that's all garbage but its fact!!

we didn't lose to Illinois State, was our last game of the regular season and we won 38-20

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
we didn't lose to Illinois State, was our last game of the regular season and we won 38-20

NDSU had one of its best games of the season against Illinois State.

fmrbearkat
December 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM

If your couldn't tell I was just throwing **** out....fact is nothing that happened before the last game matters its all about who preps the best in the 3 weeks prior and with two great coaches they will both be prepared! The key will be which defense bends more than the other because the over/under in this game will prob be around 35.

And I meant Indiana St. By the way

da_Bison
December 22nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
No doubt, we even ran alittle option. If we play like the second half of that game in the Championship I think we'll be raising another banner!

da_Bison
December 22nd, 2012, 11:34 AM
NDSU had one of its best games of the season against Illinois State.

sorry, double post

No doubt, we even ran alittle option. If we play like the second half of that game in the Championship I think we'll be raising another banner!

bisonboone11
December 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM

And NDSU beat GSU, GSU beat UCA, and UCA beat SHSU. What's your point?

da_Bison
December 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
If your couldn't tell I was just throwing **** out....fact is nothing that happened before the last game matters its all about who preps the best in the 3 weeks prior and with two great coaches they will both be prepared! The key will be which defense bends more than the other because the over/under in this game will prob be around 35.

And I meant Indiana St. By the way

I hear ya fmrbearkat, should be a great one. Lots of respect both ways by coaches , players and fans

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM

Yeah this is kind of the same thing as the Youngstown bit last year. I really think the GSU game was misleading because even the star of the Wofford game, linebacker Grant Olson, said he felt like dying after that game. No way he was going ro recover in any meaningful way in time to be 100% for the GSU game. Those kids were half dead and they still stuffed them when it counted.

Sam_Kats
December 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Ok, i'll get to the point. His point was this is all pointless.

Get my point??

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
I think a factor that hasn't been discussed very much and could play a huge role, as it did last year, is special teams. NDSU's freshman punter had a brilliant game against GSU, I don't think people realized how crucial his kicks were throughout that game and especially in the 4th quarter. He has been absolutely booming the ball lately. NDSU also has a very good kick return game, I was disappointed in that aspect of the GSU game but for the rest of the season teams that have kicked deep to Marcus Williams for a full game have come to regret it.

I think NDSU has one of the best special teams in the nation year in year out due to having a great coach in Tim Polasek. Don't be surprised to see another big special teams play out of NDSU this year.

fmrbearkat
December 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM

Hey Genius....I was being sarcastic with the who played who bs! Meaning it all comes down to 3 hrs of ball!!!! No need to over analyze!! I was just throwing out teams!!!

fmrbearkat
December 22nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
I think a factor that hasn't been discussed very much and could play a huge role, as it did last year, is special teams. NDSU's freshman punter had a brilliant game against GSU, I don't think people realized how crucial his kicks were throughout that game and especially in the 4th quarter. He has been absolutely booming the ball lately. NDSU also has a very good kick return game, I was disappointed in that aspect of the GSU game but for the rest of the season teams that have kicked deep to Marcus Williams for a full game have come to regret it.

I think NDSU has one of the best special teams in the nation year in year out due to having a great coach in Tim Polasek. Don't be surprised to see another big special teams play out of NDSU this year.

To that I will say both our kickers have had great seasons. Our AUssie has shanked 1 or 2 but our Fg kicker stepped up big this year. I would put our kickoff coverage up against any in the nation. Not a stat that really shows up though. Punt returner has balls of steel and won't drop anything.

Sounds like we match up good their too. If y'all have a boomer punter he might get ours in average because of his random poor kick!

LuckyKat
December 22nd, 2012, 08:31 PM

NOPE, didnt Give up any sacks against A&M,and that push rush is GOOOD! Untill that sack against EWU, the O-line hadnt gave up a sack since October 6th,
That NDSU defense is stout, but little or no damage will come from a pass rush, the Offense line as a UNIT, provides the best pass protection in the FCS

citdog
December 22nd, 2012, 08:52 PM
and that push rush is GOOOD!

oh yeah?

http://t.fod4.com/t/5a43173288/c480x270_18.jpg

bisonboone11
December 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Hey Genius....I was being sarcastic with the who played who bs! Meaning it all comes down to 3 hrs of ball!!!! No need to over analyze!! I was just throwing out teams!!!
Wow, someone is a little sensitive. Calm down.

BisonBabe
December 24th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Merry Christmas everyone.

I did some shopping for the treats I am bringing down to share with the Kat fans (all Pride of Dakota products) to show you just how nice North Dakotans can be. Hope to get a chance to visit with some of you folks at tailgating.

Thunderstruck
December 24th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I see some big keys to this game:
1- Jensen's confidence/swagger, does he have it or can he get it quickly?
2- Field position- Both Punters will have to be on their A game as well as kickoff coverages
3- Time of Possession- I like the philosophy the best defense is a time eating offense. Can the Bison offense sustain drives to keep SHSU's O off the field.
4- Trick play- Last year was the fake punt, this year might we see and early onside kick, fake fg, or fumbleruski?

When it is all said and done, SHSU's Flanders gets 90 yards and 2 TD's but the Bison kick a game winning 37 yard FG. Bison win 20-17.

BisonBacker
December 24th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Merry Christmas to all. So looking forward to the game. Going to be a good one.

LuckyKat
December 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Merry Christmas everyone.

I did some shopping for the treats I am bringing down to share with the Kat fans (all Pride of Dakota products) to show you just how nice North Dakotans can be. Hope to get a chance to visit with some of you folks at tailgating.

:D

katstrapper
December 25th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Good news is that it appears both starting offensive tackles, Hopson and Smith,
will be good to go!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
will be good to go!

xcoffeex

Bisonator
December 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
will be good to go!

Good to hear. Too bad all the injured players couldn't be healthy for the championship. You never know when you're gonna get another shot.

katstrapper
December 26th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Just in case nobody had seen this preview show on the Southland Conference website. Just one of many to come I am sure.

http://www.southlandondemand.com/#!/view/video/37671f3f-edfe-4652-890a-424714c3b357/NCAA-FB:-Preview-Show

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Bison Suck!!!

deez_na
December 27th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Bison Suck!!!

Bearkats swallow xblehx

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Bearkats swallow xblehx

Nice start...
Somebody's gotta start talking about the effin game damn it!!! I'm tired of looking at this damn page at work to see no news!!!!

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Good luck to both teams. I am going to be in Frisco and I will try my hardest to make it over to the NDSU side to pay y'all a visit.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Good luck to both teams. I am going to be in Frisco and I will try my hardest to make it over to the NDSU side to pay y'all a visit.

I'm tailgate homeless so I'll be coming to find you!

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
If you look at total tackles for loss instead of just sacks, NDSU's offense is ranked higher.

Tackles for loss allowed on offense
RANK -- TEAM
6 ----- NDSU - Tackles for loss per game 3.79 - tackles for loss yards 224
62 ---- SHSU - Tackles for loss per game 5.86 - tackles for loss yards 237

Bearkat-Backer
December 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I'm tailgate homeless so I'll be coming to find you!

If he's in his purple suit then you can't miss him.

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
If he's in his purple suit then you can't miss him.

Eh that hasn't been decided yet.

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 03:56 PM
has anyone put an official number of bisonation? could it reach 15,000 at this game?

I bet yall have quite a bit more than us but it won't be 15k. Yall had alot more tickets bought before start of the playoffs than us obviously but we will have more than 7k there. Stadium holds 22k right and each school got 4k or 5k alotted? If it is 22k seats then i would put my guess that we found a way to get 9k people there. There are 50 out of 300 people on my FB that i know have tickets in hand be it seats or SRO tickets. I know a bunch who bough from ticket scalping companies and stubhub that didn't get any of the 4k. They were gone in a day or so....I got an email saying to reserve my 6 tickets from being a member of the presidents circle by Wednesday the day after the Semi's and i went up there on tuesday to get them and they were already gone.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I bet yall have quite a bit more than us but it won't be 15k. Yall had alot more tickets bought before start of the playoffs than us obviously but we will have more than 7k there. Stadium holds 22k right and each school got 4k or 5k alotted? If it is 22k seats then i would put my guess that we found a way to get 9k people there. There are 50 out of 300 people on my FB that i know have tickets in hand be it seats or SRO tickets. I know a bunch who bough from ticket scalping companies and stubhub that didn't get any of the 4k. They were gone in a day or so....I got an email saying to reserve my 6 tickets from being a member of the presidents circle by Wednesday the day after the Semi's and i went up there on tuesday to get them and they were already gone.

20586 was the attendance last year. The only ones you KNOW are SHSU are the 4k where you and all the other people got them. I'll bet there are more than 4k but not a lot. There are a ton of Bison sitting on your side, it will be really amusing.

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Crowd will be reversed from last yr. 55-45 NDSU

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
20586 was the attendance last year. The only ones you KNOW are SHSU are the 4k where you and all the other people got them. I'll bet there are more than 4k but not a lot. There are a ton of Bison sitting on your side, it will be really amusing.

Bison fans are more vocal than Kat fans probably because the only show in that state is the buffaloes but I will promise you won't have 70% there. Tons of Katfans live in DFW and will be there. ALOT of people from DFW (my brother included) are folks that are sooooo DFW addicts that they don't really pay attn to what's going on outside of the metroplex! I see this mainly in FTW but its amazing! They get into the Metroplex lifestyle and its like a cult! FTW is my favorite city in tx but alot of people will go to this game that wouldn't even come back to Huntsville for homecoming! We will have 9k there! And I'm putting y'all at 12k!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Bison fans are more vocal than Kat fans probably because the only show in that state is the buffaloes but I will promise you won't have 70% there. Tons of Katfans live in DFW and will be there. ALOT of people from DFW (my brother included) are folks that are sooooo DFW addicts that they don't really pay attn to what's going on outside of the metroplex! I see this mainly in FTW but its amazing! They get into the Metroplex lifestyle and its like a cult! FTW is my favorite city in tx but alot of people will go to this game that wouldn't even come back to Huntsville for homecoming! We will have 9k there! And I'm putting y'all at 12k!

Do they have a biology department at SHSU? This is a buffalo

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Serengeti_Bueffel1.jpg/320px-Serengeti_Bueffel1.jpg

Sam_Kats
December 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Do they have a Home Ec dept @ NDSU? Isn't that what NoDak's degree is in?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Do they have a Home Ec dept @ NDSU? Isn't that what NoDak's degree is in?

Speech Communication-Argumentation and debate, which is why I can come up with way smarter things to say than "NoDak's a housewife".

Hey, you better get off the computer, that change machine isn't going to fill itself.

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Go shave your wife's legs so you can finish sewing your winter outfits! Everybody outside of baja Canada knows them as buffalo so ye' so called Bizzzzuuuunnn will be forever known as buffaloes by this Texan!

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2012, 05:37 PM
At least this thread is still smack free.... at least I hope that wasn't smack.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Go shave your wife's legs so you can finish sewing your winter outfits! Everybody outside of baja Canada knows them as buffalo so ye' so called Bizzzzuuuunnn will be forever known as buffaloes by this Texan!

About what you'd expect from someone who's school mascot is either fictional or misspelled but this is supposed to be smack free, now isn't it?

Same bunch that stunk up the other one.

Sammy94
December 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I like Tatanka.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I like Tatanka.

Tatanka, another proper, suitable name. Good on ya!

Sammy94
December 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Sam Houston hung out with the Indians so I think he may have used that term also.

xcoach2
December 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM

I'll be extremely amused when you guys fuel our economy for a weekend and leave broken hearted this time. Being outnumbered fan-wise hasn't mattered much to the Bearkats this year. I expect 6k -7k Bearkat fans at the game fwiw.

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_bison

At least nobody anywhere knows what a Bearkat really is!!! I'd say that's better that 90% of the USA (that country to the south) reffering to us by the wrong name!

Nickels
December 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Same bunch that stunk up the other one.
Yeah, YOU!

I guess you have nothing better to do while your wife is getting railed by the successful men at her work while you're playing susie-homemaker. xlolx

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I would say this thread isn't supposed to have smack, but this smack is pretty weak. Step your collective games up

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Yeah, YOU!

I guess you have nothing better to do while your wife is getting railed by the successful men at her work while you're playing susie-homemaker. xlolx

Yep, she's busy failing losers like you.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I would say this thread isn't supposed to have smack, but this smack is pretty weak. Step your collective games up

The problem is that I'm talking over everybody's head so that's all they got.

Nickels
December 27th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I've already mentioned I don't touch fat, pasty or hairy women.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I've already mentioned I don't touch fat, pasty or hairy women.

Nor do you have a strong command of language and communication, which would make you struggle in any class my wife teaches.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
12-27-2012 07:28 PM
Nickels
Thread: NDSU Vs SHSU Title Game Thread SMACK FREE VERSION.
Because I feel sorry for you; having some other dudes cock(s) in your wife’s mouth must be difficult.

Jeez. You keep proving my point. The problem is this isn't a 40 yd dash or a boxing match or even a weightlifting competition. Here, you use words and thoughts, neither of which you have in abundance. You have to be much smarter than "me full of dumb insults" to hang with the rest of us.

Look, it's not your fault, I'm sure your mom has told you you're a bright kid your whole life.

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Don't block me in with that kind of smack! I would tend to think of the women of North Dakota as homely which I interprate as great wives that might not enjoy shaving during the deep freeze and low light days brought on by location relative to the north pole! Sure there are exceptions that prob cheat on their husband but I would wish that on no man or woman.

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Reference point #1

http://beautifulwomenofamerica.com/

Nice choice in homely cover model!

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Reference point #2

http://www.annarbormiller.com/2010/07/06/the-beautiful-women-of-cando-minot-williston/

This wonderful calendar!

*all probably amazing cooks: proficient in the culinary art of pot roast and meatloaf!

Nickels
December 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Reference point #1

http://beautifulwomenofamerica.com/

Nice choice in homely cover model!
HAHA

"In ancient times, beauty was defined as being in balance with harmony and nature. The Greeks described beauty as "being in one's finest hour." Our modern world has traveled far from these ancient definitions. We invite you to join us in finding the road back."
- or simply, we're ****in ugly

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
*sidenote

When googling "north Dakota women" these are websites 2 and 3 under the picture section! Number 1 being a North Dakota singles site whose cover clearly is not from North Dakota!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Don't block me in with that kind of smack! I would tend to think of the women of North Dakota as homely which I interprate as great wives that might not enjoy shaving during the deep freeze and low light days brought on by location relative to the north pole! Sure there are exceptions that prob cheat on their husband but I would wish that on no man or woman.

He's just a kid. Not clever eough for more. My wife is from Minnesota and very matronly. Add to it she's 5 months pregnant so she wouldn't really be of interest to some dopey college kid anyway

Texas
December 27th, 2012, 07:12 PM
He's just a kid. Not clever eough for more. My wife is from Minnesota and very matronly. Add to it she's 5 months pregnant so she wouldn't really be of interest to some dopey college kid anyway
Sure.
http://i.imgur.com/jIDDE.gif

Nickels
December 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
He's just a kid. Not clever eough for more. My wife is from Minnesota and very manly. Add to it she's 5 months pregnant so she wouldn't really be of interest to some dopey college kid anyway
http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/barbara-baird1.jpg

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM

My wife is 5 yrs younger than me and I have to say damn she is smoking hot! Way outta my league but what can I say! We have a boy almost 4 years old and lost one early along about 3 months ago so I'd be pretty fired up if my wife was on the portly side right now! Doc told us to wait 3 months to try again (couldn't find evidence as to why) so we jumped right back on the horse and let it fly! It's NOOOOOO fun at all!!! :-) it was not fun for a week or so but due to faith life goes on!

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Don't mean to make anybody feel bad for me...we got prego first day possible after taking her goalie outta the game (I know your smarter than most Dakotans but I need to speak in terms most understand) and lost it after only 6 weeks. First one we weren't "trying" which I have to say is alot of fun!!!! Never got to do it bank style: Get in, leave deposit and get out!!! Every mans dream!

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 07:40 PM

Ugh hum "are you not entertained!?!?!"

In my best gladiator voice!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Don't mean to make anybody feel bad for me...we got prego first day possible after taking her goalie outta the game (I know your smarter than most Dakotans but I need to speak in terms most understand) and lost it after only 6 weeks. First one we weren't "trying" which I have to say is alot of fun!!!! Never got to do it bank style: Get in, leave deposit and get out!!! Every mans dream!

Nah, man. It's good to get some grown up talk once in a while. My wife is 10 yrs younger than me which means I'm probably too damn old to have kids this young! I'm glad you have a good outlook as well as some serious resolve...I guess thats not hard in that endeavor. :D

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Ugh hum "are you not entertained!?!?!"

In my best gladiator voice!

Personally, I like you. If I see you in frisco at the katfans tailgate or party, I'll give you some tips on message board smack talk.

You don't want to go so lowbrow to be a smack troll, if you get what I mean.

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Here's some smack about those ice monkeys from Fargo.

1) so few people live in ND because the majority of Americans aren't stupid. Also their largest city would be a suburb in most states
2) their little bison hats are adorable, but honestly Fred Flintstone called and he and the rest of the fraternal order of the water buffalo want their hats back
3) their new logo looks like an emo version of the elmers glue mascot
4) North Dakota girls aren't ugly. Most of them have that Swedish thing going, but too many lives are lost due to that ****ty ikea furniture breaking during sex , but I guess it's that or frostbite, right?
5) curling is not a sport, it's a drinking he
6) you guys get tv coverage because there's nothing else to watch except old Floyd R Turbo comedy routines

Bisonoline
December 27th, 2012, 08:56 PM

1) so few people live in ND because the majority of Americans aren't stupid. Also their largest city would be a suburb in most states
2) their little bison hats are adorable, but honestly Fred Flintstone called and he and the rest of the fraternal order of the water buffalo want their hats back
4) North Dakota girls aren't ugly. Most of them have that Swedish thing going, but too many lives are lost due to that ****ty ikea furniture breaking during sex , but I guess it's that or frostbite, right?
6) you guys get tv coverage because there's nothing else to watch except old Floyd R Turbo comedy routines

Ok when are you going to talk smack?

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Damn man...your lucky my dad was a Carson fan cuz most people under the age of 50 don't know who the the hell Floyd R. Turbo is!! Or is that cuz you back woods SFA in-breds still have rabbit ears?? :-)

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Damn man...your lucky my dad was a Carson fan cuz most people under the age of 50 don't know who the the hell Floyd R. Turbo is!! Or is that cuz you back woods SFA in-breds still have rabbit ears?? :-)

Actually I learned it from a Sam alum. That's a true story.

I mean we don't get the free tv and cable like the Sam inmates do. Most of our TVs are made from pine logs...and they only get reruns of "this old house"

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ok when are you going to talk smack?

You're right, that was more "6 facts about North Dakota." Apologies

fmrbearkat
December 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Actually I learned it from a Sam alum. That's a true story.

I mean we don't get the free tv and cable like the Sam inmates do. Most of our TVs are made from pine logs...and they only get reruns of "this old house"

I really wish they would put an inmate section in when they revamp the stadium!!! Just a big cage with razor wire right behind the visitor bench!! (Sorry Kat Krazies) Talk about home field advantage!! I know athletes don't have the most normal college experience but I never really noticed the prison system except picking up some other players from the bus stop!! Some of the guys that lived a long way off had to use the greyhound and the dog station is right by the release spot and death row!!! Not a great place to be getting on the bus! Other than that, the random guard in uniform and driving the back roads you never really see anything to do with it!

TheRevSFA
December 27th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I really wish they would put an inmate section in when they revamp the stadium!!! Just a big cage with razor wire right behind the visitor bench!! (Sorry Kat Krazies) Talk about home field advantage!! I know athletes don't have the most normal college experience but I never really noticed the prison system except picking up some other players from the bus stop!! Some of the guys that lived a long way off had to use the greyhound and the dog station is right by the release spot and death row!!! Not a great place to be getting on the bus! Other than that, the random guard in uniform and driving the back roads you never really see anything to do with it!

Haha I heard some stories about Sam and the prison from back in the day from a few katfans when at the Sam vs Texas southern game. Pretty amusing stuff

Darlinikki150
December 27th, 2012, 11:39 PM
This current conversation about kids and such reminds me of a bunch of women sitting around after church gossiping to one another, so fn weak. I liked the other thread better, much more fun. This game can't come fast enough, I'm bored with this and I miss my buddy xcoach2. Altho good so see Nickels still ragging on the looks of us NoDak girls, hey if it ain't broke don't fix it babe! Carry on boys!

Nickels
December 28th, 2012, 12:01 AM
On another note: SHSU>UCLA

344Johnson
December 28th, 2012, 12:06 AM
has anyone put an official number of bisonation? could it reach 15,000 at this game?

Last year it was 50-50 at worst for Bison fans. Orange shows up better on pictures(hence why hunters wear it). This year should be 60-40 at least. I'm sure plenty of Sam fans will make it. Should be a fun time. Go Bison.

Green1
December 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM
WINNING LOOKS LIKE THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9mdvVzXS8

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 04:40 AM

It's a good thing Sammy makes the playoffs so the Rev can have something to say in December.

xcoach2
December 28th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I'm bored with this and I miss my buddy xcoach2.

xoxoxo

TheRevSFA
December 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
It's a good thing Sammy makes the playoffs so the Rev can have something to say in December.

I know, right? I mean since I can't count on SFA making the playoffs until at least 2019 (given our history)

Trumpster
December 28th, 2012, 08:19 AM
You all are stupid, go back to the other thread. xshhhx

BisonBacker
December 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM

Seriously there is already one Crap thread moved to smack for this garbage. Is it really that hard to understand that? Talk about Stupid Azzed people not getting it. Leave this crap to the smack board.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Seriously there is already one Crap thread moved to smack for this garbage. Is it really that hard to understand that? Talk about Stupid Azzed people not getting it. Leave this crap to the smack board.

With 7 more days to discuss this, it's hard not to have a little bit of fun.

BisonBacker
December 28th, 2012, 09:03 AM
With 7 more days to discuss this, it's hard not to have a little bit of fun.

Yeah but it can be done in the appropriate forum (SMACK). Read the thread title "SMACK FREE VERSION". This thread was started so folks who want to talk about the game seriously can do so without having to wade through post after post of smack which belongs in the smack forum not here. It's not like there isn't already a thread with hundreds of smack posts sitting there. Add to that one.

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah but it can be done in the appropriate forum (SMACK). Read the thread title "SMACK FREE VERSION". This thread was started so folks who want to talk about the game seriously can do so without having to wade through post after post of smack which belongs in the smack forum not here. It's not like there isn't already a thread with hundreds of smack posts sitting there. Add to that one.

Sorry Mom!

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Why even talk smack with Sam Houston fans when their team can do it for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnIQbIddYA

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM

That is a 8/10 on the Hot Hot Hot meter, for sure.

So, What are they trying to say? Why do I get the feeling that Tim Flanders sounds like Carly Rae Jepsen when he's singing?

katstrapper
December 28th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I thought this thread was about talking football? Shut up with all the other crap and get back on topic!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
I thought this thread was about talking football? Shut up with all the other crap and get back on topic!

Well this thread has become

People trying amuse themselves after football was talked about already and

People telling other people to shut up and stay on topic while providing nothing on topic themselves.

katstrapper
December 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM
If you look at total tackles for loss instead of just sacks, NDSU's offense is ranked higher.

RANK -- TEAM

Only 5 sacks out of those tfl.

TheRevSFA
December 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM

Dude. You should be happy I mentioned Floyd R Turbo. That was a nod to you.

TheRevSFA
December 28th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Only 5 sacks out of those tfl.

^ was going to be my point.

I'd give the nod to Sam's defense and their intensity. They are going to be all over Jensen. The difference will be if Jensen can get rid of the ball

BisonBacker
December 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
^ was going to be my point.

I'd give the nod to Sam's defense and their intensity. They are going to be all over Jensen. The difference will be if Jensen can get rid of the ball

Of all the factors in the game this in my mind is where we win or lose it. Jensen will be the key to a win or loss for NDSU. He's not the same QB from last year from a confidence standpoint. If he gets flushed out of the pocket and can't move up the field and has to pass on the run NDSU will have a long day. If he gets 3+ on average if he's pushed out of the pocket and doesn't pass we'll be fine. He can't turn the ball over and force the D to play a perfect game like he's done several games this year. In the playoffs he had a pick against SDSU and Wofford (woffords only score from that pick 6). Our O line has done a good job but in my opinion we don't have as solid a O line as last year but it's close. Losing 2 good lineman from last year has shown in previous games with our rushing game. Another worry I have is that where you guys seem to be most vulnerable is tothe deep threat and that isn't Jensen's strength. Short to mid range passing has been where he has done well not counting the Indiana State game. If he can consistently find Vraa, Smith, and our tight ends for those passes without turning it over I don't think SHSU will be able to focus solely on the run. I'm sure that is what they are going to do is try to stuff the box and make Jensen beat them with the pass. It's the smart play.
I see this being a one possession game. I don't see a high scoring affair. Maybe a 17-10 17-14 type game.

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 10:51 AM

RANK -- TEAM

I like that your looking deeper into things...but I would be willing to bet we average 20 more plays per game than yall do too!! I have no idea nor do i care to look it up....im just judging from what i saw last year of yall's offense and how our offense operates.

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Of all the factors in the game this in my mind is where we win or lose it. Jensen will be the key to a win or loss for NDSU. He's not the same QB from last year from a confidence standpoint. If he gets flushed out of the pocket and can't move up the field and has to pass on the run NDSU will have a long day. If he gets 3+ on average if he's pushed out of the pocket and doesn't pass we'll be fine. He can't turn the ball over and force the D to play a perfect game like he's done several games this year. In the playoffs he had a pick against SDSU and Wofford (woffords only score from that pick 6). Our O line has done a good job but in my opinion we don't have as solid a O line as last year but it's close. Losing 2 good lineman from last year has shown in previous games with our rushing game. Another worry I have is that where you guys seem to be most vulnerable is tothe deep threat and that isn't Jensen's strength. Short to mid range passing has been where he has done well not counting the Indiana State game. If he can consistently find Vraa, Smith, and our tight ends for those passes without turning it over I don't think SHSU will be able to focus solely on the run. I'm sure that is what they are going to do is try to stuff the box and make Jensen beat them with the pass. It's the smart play.
I see this being a one possession game. I don't see a high scoring affair. Maybe a 17-10 17-14 type game.

This is why i was glad to see ODU gone!!!! There is no doubt yall are a better team and probably beat ODU handily but they would have exploited our biggest weakness! We can play teams that do that and play very well against it but it is really our only true weakness. Baylor went deep nearly every single play with 2 first round, sub 4.4 WR's (one was a biletnikoff finalist) and we shut them down for 45 min. Our 2 poor corners ran a couple miles that day!!! They got us with their depth and wore us out in the 4th because we only have 2 corners that can play that. Other games like EWU and SFA we had trouble! We have a better chance against your style!

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Well played sir....although everybody was doing a vid like this at the time and I'm sure other college kids thought it was hilarious! All I could think was this will haunt them one day!!

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM

And it wouldn't matter what your strength is! We have put 8 in the box nearly every play this year and blitz prob 75% of the time!!

Green1
December 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I like that your looking deeper into things...but I would be willing to bet we average 20 more plays per game than yall do too!! I have no idea nor do i care to look it up....im just judging from what i saw last year of yall's offense and how our offense operates.

Total Plays 2012
SHSU---- 1003
NDSU---- 936

Looks pretty close over 14 games.

Time of possession
NDSU is #1 in nation
SHSU is #4 in nation

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Here is a somewhat nuanced stat that I find interesting. The reason I bring this up is that the consensus opinion is that this will be a close game. To that end, I have come up with this.

In the 4th quarter of games in which the margin of final victory was 2TDs or less (accounting for any 2 score games)

SHSU had 4 such games: UCA, SFA, Cal Poly, and EWU. They were outscored in the 4th quarter 60-30, an average of 7.5 pts

NDSU had 7 such games: UNI, ISUb, SIU, MSU, SDSU, Wofford, and GSU. They outscored their opponents 45-24, an average of 3 pts.

As was shown in the GSU game, NDSU is a team that finishes strong. I like their chances because they rarely, if ever, wear down as the game goes on.

TheRevSFA
December 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Here is a somewhat nuanced stat that I find interesting. The reason I bring this up is that the consensus opinion is that this will be a close game. To that end, I have come up with this.

In the 4th quarter of games in which the margin of final victory was 2TDs or less (accounting for any 2 score games)

SHSU had 4 such games: UCA, SFA, Cal Poly, and EWU. They were outscored in the 4th quarter 60-30, an average of 7.5 pts

NDSU had 7 such games: UNI, ISUb, SIU, MSU, SDSU, Wofford, and GSU. They outscored their opponents 45-24, an average of 3 pts.

As was shown in the GSU game, NDSU is a team that finishes strong. I like their chances because they rarely, if ever, wear down as the game goes on.

That's the other thing with Sam; they aren't a fourth quarter team. They lost to UCA in the 4th..they almost left SFA come back..and we all saw the EWU game.

I don't know if it is confidence, or a lack of conditioning, or what, but last year Sam steam rolled in the 2nd half. This year it seems to be opposite.

BisonBacker
December 28th, 2012, 11:35 AM
And it wouldn't matter what your strength is! We have put 8 in the box nearly every play this year and blitz prob 75% of the time!!

If you Blitz that often that will be your weakness. Teams that Blitz ultimately leave something open in the short to mid range passing game. If you don't get to the QB and we pick up the blitz this maybe where the adage live by the blitz die by the blitz comes to fruition. Whether Brock can make the passes under pressure will be seen. Honestly I don't see you guys blitzing that much against us. We've been pretty balanced run/pass team.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM
If you Blitz that often that will be your weakness. Teams that Blitz ultimately leave something open in the short to mid range passing game. If you don't get to the QB and we pick up the blitz this maybe where the adage live by the blitz die by the blitz comes to fruition. Whether Brock can make the passes under pressure will be seen. Honestly I don't see you guys blitzing that much against us. We've been pretty balanced run/pass team.

That might be another reason they're gassed in the 4th quarter.

Professor Chaos
December 28th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I also think with John Crockett presumably being as healthy as he's been since September you'll see a new dimension in the NDSU offense that wasn't really there last year. And that's a RB that's capable of beating a run blitz and taking it to the house every time he touches the ball.

Hammerhead
December 28th, 2012, 01:01 PM
SHSU only ran about 5 more offensive plays per game than NDSU -- 1003 to 936 for the entire season.

SHSU 704 rushing attempts 5.6 yards per rush
SHSU 299 passing attempts 8.6 yards per attempt

NDSU 596 rushing attempts 4.6 yards per rush
NDSU 340 passing attempts 6.9 yards per attempt

BisonBabe
December 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM
So Kat fans are you all up for meeting up before the game on Saturday for some friendly visiting and perhaps some adult beverages. Swag & I should be at the tailgate lot when it opens.

This weekend I am finalizing what I will be bringing for tailgating. Will most likely have a mini bar packed as you never know what you want to drink.

In less than a week I start the trek down south for another great game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Bison fans:

Who is making the trip down to Frisco next week?

Bisonforlife
December 28th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I will be heading out Thursday with my Gal.xnodx

Nickels
December 28th, 2012, 03:34 PM

This is always funny to hear, "your team may blitz a lot but they wont against us, we'll make them pay".
We blitz 80% of the time no matter who we play. Live or die, we're blitzing.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Bison fans:

Flying in on Thursday.

fmrbearkat
December 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Bison fans:

From the sound of it the entire state of North Dakota! 12k have tickets....the other 5k will be out in the parking lot drinking!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM
This is always funny to hear, "your team may blitz a lot but they wont against us, we'll make them pay".
We blitz 80% of the time no matter who we play. Live or die, we're blitzing.

Which appears to be why, when you aren't playing the SLC Little Sisters of the Poor, you have been outscored in the 4th quarter.

BisonBacker
December 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Bison fans:

Flying down Friday Morning.

Nickels
December 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Which appears to be why you're playing for the NC.
FIFY

BisonBabe
December 28th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Bison fans:

We start the drive down early Thursday morning.

Darlinikki150
December 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Bison fans:

Myself and 25 friends are hitting the road Thursday! Pretty damn excited!

citdog
December 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Myself and 25 friends are hitting the road Thursday! Pretty damn excited!

http://www.outhistory.org/wiki/images/e/e0/450px-Dykes_on_Bikes_with_Pride_Flag.jpg

xlolx xrotatehx

Darlinikki150
December 28th, 2012, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=citdog;1925396][IMG]http://www.outhistory.org/wiki/images/e/e0/450px-Dykes_on_Bikes_with_Pride_Flag.jpg[/IMG

If you wanna tell me about your pervy fanatasies Citi, pm me. This kind of adult talk might upset the kids....

68ndsuBISONfan
December 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Apology to the chat room.
A few weeks back. I posted a comment about the NDSU Georgia Southern game. I made reference to Georgia Southerns coming on to the field at the wrong time. And I referenced Georgia Southern as PRICKS. That was a little over the top. I should not have said it like that.
But the one thing that gets me about these boards, is that some of you that have 6 million posts under your belt, think just because you have a bunch of posts, you know more about FCS football than those of us that have just a few. The quantity of your posts does not judge your knowledge of the game.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Honestly I don't see you guys blitzing that much against us.

Sam brings people p' much every play. They're a pressure focused team. Pass/run downs don't matter.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM
That might be another reason they're gassed in the 4th quarter.

Gassed? No. Bad prevent defense team? Yes. The games you point to were all against teams with superior personnel in the passing game to NDSU. Alt - You guys haven't played a legit passing offense all year.

Two of your playoff wins were against teams that run a junior high offensive scheme w/o a passing game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Gassed? No. Bad prevent defense team? Yes. The games you point to were all against teams with superior personnel in the passing game to NDSU. Alt - You guys haven't played a legit passing offense all year.

Two of your playoff wins were against teams that run a junior high offensive scheme w/o a passing game.

3, you forgot the NC game last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Wofford and Georgia Southern run the TO pretty well...wouldn't classify that as 'junior high'.....

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Which teams are you referring too, I'm super curious to see who you are gonna say.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:30 AM
last year.

Your point? Sam has a passing offense and it is better this year than last. I think your offense (lack thereof) will be the difference this year. The NDSU skill personnel is up there with the worst Sam has faced. I don't think you have a single difference maker on offense.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Which teams are you referring too, I'm super curious to see who you are gonna say.

Wait - you're curious as to your playoff opponents? Wofford and GSU obv. Solid teams but both offer zero threat in the passing game. Who knows how good SDSU really was? Sam blew out a common opponent.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Your point? Sam has a passing offense and it is better this year than last. I think your offense (lack thereof) will be the difference this year. The NDSU skill personnel is up there with the worst Sam has faced. I don't think you have a single difference maker on offense.

With healthy WRs coming in next saturday, the Bison passing offense will be just fine. Our 'non difference makers' have taken us to the NC game for a 2nd year in a row.....I'll take it.

Sam_Kats
December 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Caught the Tech-Minnesota game last night @ Reliant & had some Gopher fans stop by our tailgate. Hope NDSU fans are good folk like they were. Looking fwd to the whole atmosphere.

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Wait - you're curious as to your playoff opponents? Wofford and GSU obv. Solid teams but both offer zero threat in the passing game. Who knows how good SDSU really was? Sam blew out a common opponent.

Don't get sassy, just a question. I just find it hard to believe your gonna say GSU has a jr high offensive scheme, I would disagree strongly, but hey what do I know; I'm just a girl.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Don't get sassy, just a question. I just find it hard to believe your gonna say GSU has a jr high offensive scheme, I would disagree strongly, but hey what do I know; I'm just a girl.

GSU has good skill personnel but their scheme is junior high level. If I was wrong then you'd see it a lot more at the FBS level.

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM
GSU has good skill personnel but their scheme is junior high level. If I was wrong then you'd see it a lot more at the FBS level.

Its my belief that the FBS doesn't run that offense because of 1 reason.

A. The NFL doesn't run it. Since the NFL doesn't run it, College recruits and College Coaches would never have a chance in hell of getting promoted or drafted. That and I think ESPN buying rights aka money has an influence. So that my friend, is imho why the FBS doesn't run it. Kisses!

citdog
December 29th, 2012, 11:51 AM

where did this guy come from again?

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/9.1hO9zlCkGbQQ4Qwjji.g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_megatron_robinson.jpg

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Its my belief that the FBS doesn't run that offense because of 1 reason.

A. The NFL doesn't run it. Since the NFL doesn't run it, College recruits and College Coaches would never have a chance in hell of getting promoted or drafted. That and I think ESPN buying rights aka money has an influence. So that my friend, is imho why the FBS doesn't run it. Kisses!

The option as a scheme is too limited playing from behind. That's why most major colleges dropped it in the '80's.

The option as a package (not a scheme) is all over the FBS level and making its way into the NFL with the growing abundance of dual-threat QB's.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 11:57 AM

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/9.1hO9zlCkGbQQ4Qwjji.g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/yahoo_megatron_robinson.jpg

Wasn't he drafted before Johnson got to GTech?

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2012, 12:02 PM
The option as a scheme is too limited playing from behind. That's why most major colleges dropped it in the '80's.

The option as a package (not a scheme) is all over the FBS level and making its way into the NFL with the growing abundance of dual-threat QB's.

However I didn't think we were talking about it as an option package babe. As I agree with your last statement, I still think my point is valid. Halfed *** football fans like big plays and big throws. A smash mouth run team doesn't bring the excitement to those morons,or the big money as flashy catches and throws, imo.

Gotta go tan so I'm not pasty for our inevetiable meeting in Frisco! Lol. Catch ya later.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Gotta go tan so I'm not pasty for our inevetiable meeting in Frisco! Lol. Catch ya later.

I'm off to the gym for some body sculpting. xoxoxo

slostang
December 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM

Cal Poly led the FCS in scoring and yards running the triple option 2008. Of course it helped having Ramses Barden at WR. Cal Poly threw for 181 yards a game to compliment 306 yards rushing a game. They also had 23 passing TDs. The triple option is almost unstoppable if you have a legitimate threat in the passing game.

TheRevSFA
December 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I find it funny that he's criticizing the TO when the Kats run the step child of it, the wildcat...plus run option reads out of the pistol

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM
I find it funny that he's criticizing the TO when the Kats run the step child of it, the wildcat...plus run option reads out of the pistol

I find it funny that you cannot distinguish the difference between a scheme and a package. I love the option as a package but it is too limited as an entire scheme. Worried/GSU are option teams. Sam is a multiple offense that has an option package. I know you're not football smart enough to understand blocking schemes so I won't bother but there are some differences there as well.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM

I find it funny that you cannot distinguish the difference between a scheme and a package. I love the option as a package but it is too limited as an entire scheme. Woff/GSU are option teams. Sam is a multiple offense that has an option package. I know you're not football smart enough to understand blocking schemes so I won't bother but there are some differences there as well.

FargoBison
December 29th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Wow, just when I think SHSU fans can't get anymore stupid they figure out ways to surprise me.

Ever heard of Matt Brown and Illinois State? They have a legit passing attack, just ask App State and EWU. UNI isn't too shabby either and they have a legit rushing attack to go with it.

Oh and good luck stopping GSU's junior high offense with a very athletic QB and a bruising back like Swope.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Cal Poly led the FCS in scoring and yards running the triple option 2008. Of course it helped having Ramses Barden at WR. Cal Poly threw for 181 yards a game to compliment 306 yards rushing a game. They also had 23 passing TDs. The triple option is almost unstoppable if you have a legitimate threat in the passing game.

Barden was the real deal at Cal Poly.

I think he is still in the NFL.....?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Barden was the real deal at Cal Poly.

I think he is still in the NFL.....?

I hear his name called every once in a while during Giants games.

Green1
December 29th, 2012, 03:41 PM
However I didn't think we were talking about it as an option package babe. As I agree with your last statement, I still think my point is valid. Halfed *** football fans like big plays and big throws. A smash mouth run team doesn't bring the excitement to those morons,or the big money as flashy catches and throws, imo.

I'm off to the gym for some body sculpting. xoxoxo

Oh, would you two just get a room and get it over with already!!! xlolx

I wonder what a cross between a Bison and a Bearkat would look like? What would ya call it... ? xeyebrowx

fmrbearkat
December 29th, 2012, 04:33 PM

I wouldn't say it's a junior high scheme....It's more of a 1a high school level scheme that has 18 players!! Hardly anybody above a 2a high school in TX runs TO or veer in this state but its a staple in 1a ball here!

fmrbearkat
December 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM

Read option but not triple option! Big difference!

Although I do agree with you on your argument completely!! But if you do have a qb that can throw the wtf out cuz it definitely is damn hard to stop!!

slostang
December 29th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Read option but not triple option! Big difference!

Although I do agree with you on your argument completely!! But if you do have a qb that can throw the wtf out cuz it definitely is damn hard to stop!!

Cal Poly redshirted a QB (Tanner Trosin) who threw for a California High School record 5,185 yards (49 TDs) his senior year in 2011. He also ran for 1,179 yards and 20 TDs. I think you will see Poly throw more in 2013.

fmrbearkat
December 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Cal Poly redshirted a QB (Tanner Trosin) who threw for a California High School record 5,185 yards (49 TDs) his senior year in 2011. He also ran for 1,179 yards and 20 TDs. I think you will see Poly throw more in 2013.

That's alot of yards to throw for in any level!! How many games? I don't care if its 15 that's still 350 a game! Where are his receivers??

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2012, 05:37 PM

I wonder what a cross between a Bison and a Bearkat would look like? What would ya call it... ? xeyebrowx

Don't be jealous lol. Just having some innocent fun, I find it more amusing than smack talking 24/7.

Tubakat2014
December 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Wow, just when I think SHSU fans can't get anymore stupid they figure out ways to surprise me.

What you're doing here would be like me picking a walk-on Bison backup and judging your entire team's skill based on that one player.

Green1
December 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Don't be jealous lol. Just having some innocent fun, I find it more amusing than smack talking 24/7.

Lol. Just having a bit of fun with you two. We have to entertain ourselves with this long break before the Championship Game. All the best....

fmrbearkat
December 29th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Lol. Just having a bit of fun with you two. We have to entertain ourselves with this long break before the Championship Game. All the best....

Don't let her lie to you!!! They will be playing house all weekend...guessing a very kinky version since Nikki moonlights as a Dom!!

citdog
December 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Nikki moonlights as a Dom!!

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/4ca19e9a-917b-4df6-ac98-c567496ac6a4.grid-6x2.jpg

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 07:33 PM

A cross between me and anything stands a great chance genetically fwiw.

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Don't be jealous lol.

Impossible for a North Derp man not to feel a little jelly with a Texas man around. :swagger:

xcoach2
December 29th, 2012, 07:41 PM

Yup, but isn't any offense "almost unstoppable if you have a legitimate threat in the passing game?" The option scheme is a bear when you have a lead or in a closely contested game. The weaknesses, not the strengths are the reason it has been largely phased out of major college football (as an offense).

slostang
December 29th, 2012, 08:10 PM
That's alot of yards to throw for in any level!! How many games? I don't care if its 15 that's still 350 a game! Where are his receivers??

14 games.

One of his WR was Carson McMurtrey. He also redshirted at Cal Poly this year. He played in 8 games and had 51 receptions for 987 yards and 8 TDs. Another was Doug Vernon who signed with Cornell and his leading WR was J'Juan Muldrow who played at American River JC.

Green1
December 29th, 2012, 08:55 PM

A cross between me and anything stands a great chance genetically fwiw.

I just figured out what this cross would produce- "A TRAGIC MISTAKE" :D

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Don't let her lie to you!!! They will be playing house all weekend...guessing a very kinky version since Nikki moonlights as a Dom!!

Well I enjoy the extra cash I get from it, and so many of you men need to be disciplined, someone has to do it, and I take great pleasure inflicting some Northern discpline.

Lol you all have active imaginations, must be why you think the Bearkats are gonna win! Ha, burn, couldn't resist. You all are ridic.

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Only two things gonna be burning after Saturday...buffalo fans burning up after that *** whippin' we give y'all and xcoach when he pisses!! Wrap it up son...she's very "experienced"!!!

344Johnson
December 30th, 2012, 01:16 AM
With healthy WRs coming in next saturday, the Bison passing offense will be just fine. Our 'non difference makers' have taken us to the NC game for a 2nd year in a row.....I'll take it.

As an optimistic Bison fan, I hope you are right. That said, I don't expect our passing game to be overly effective. Hope I'm wrong and Okland burns them on a couple big plays.

The TO is anything but Jr. High. My high school ran a I-formation veer. It was very difficult as a QB when I was a freshman and a sophomore. I can only imagine how much more complicated it gets when you get to college with a much larger playbook, etc.

There is a reason Navy and Air Force manage to be relatively competitive in the FBS with much smaller players and lesser quality players than their opponents.

I don't recall if they ran the option back then. What I do remember about him in college was he single handedly scared the bejesus out of me and fellow Notre Dame fans during the Quinn era.

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=fmrbearkat;1925595]Only two things gonna be burning after Saturday...buffalo fans burning up after that *** whippin' we give y'all and xcoach when he pisses!! Wrap it up son...she's very "experienced"!!![/QUOTE

WOW, that's a low blow, even for a Bearkat fan. Have fun at the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Only two things gonna be burning after Saturday...buffalo fans burning up after that *** whippin' we give y'all and xcoach when he pisses!! Wrap it up son...she's very "experienced"!!!

If you don't think last year was an *** whipping, you cannot support the idea that this year will be one either.

bri-dog
December 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Make sure you use protection -- wouldn't want to have a "BisKit" in the oven...:D

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 01:53 PM
If you don't think last year was an *** whipping, you cannot support the idea that this year will be one either.

I actually don't think either team will give or get an *** whippin'! Should be another close great game! I also think there is alot higher chance xcoach is the one with an std than Nikki but its smack and well she's a buffalo fan so she's fair game :-)

citdog
December 30th, 2012, 02:48 PM
nikki and xcoach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVrJKylAaM

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM
nikki and xcoach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqVrJKylAaM

It feels like some of you boys want some more attention from me, but my heart belongs to Xcoach. You boys will just have to cry it out and move on. Think of it as practice for Saturday. Time for my Vikes game, later b*#*ches!

Oh and ****** off like Peter said.

GoAgs72
December 30th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Very little football talk going on in this thread - time to move another one to the Smack site.

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Very little football talk going on in this thread - time to move another one to the Smack site.

Where threads go to die!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2012, 04:15 PM

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Captioned/stripes_lighten_up_francis.jpg

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Then say somn about the game. Not every post is gonna be chalk full of football. Its been 3 weeks, the anticipation of this game is crazy. So goAgs72, wats your thoughts on the game? What do you think will be a wild card factor? Who do you seeing have an edge? Who do you want to win? Instead of complaining about the smack talk, which really just breaks up the boredom of this long wait, add some value and talk football fool.

xcoach2
December 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I also think there is alot higher chance xcoach is the one with an std than Nikki but its smack and well she's a buffalo fan so she's fair game :-)

My std's are contained (for the most part anyway).

xcoach2
December 30th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Nikki is winning this thread .

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Quit sucking up! We all know she's winning....she has tits!!! We have to let them win something or she will scream about some dumb glass ceiling!!

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
You guys are so sweet! If I win do I get a trophy or somn? And I don't cry about a glass ceiling, I work in manufacturing, I know the drill. So happy my Vikes won!

Let's talk FCS football now. With healthy receivers, how many yards thru the air do you all think NDSU can put up on SAM? I don't see us not getting some sort of passing game going.

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Ill give you 180 passing. 60 rushing

xcoach2
December 30th, 2012, 07:12 PM
You guys are so sweet! If I win do I get a trophy or somn?

If by somn you mean my $#@%, then the answer is an emphatic YES!

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Ill give you 180 passing. 60 rushing

Only 60yds? That seems low to me. Why do you think that?

xcoach2
December 30th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Only 60yds? That seems low to me. Why do you think that?

Prolly' accounting for sacks.

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Prolly' accounting for sacks.

Hmm, I don't believe that for a second. Try again. I know SAM is gonna put up some numbers on the ground, but I believe our defense will hold when necessary, 3 and outs, I call 1 turn over for sure.

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
We don't give up much rushing either...as much as your d will be ready for our offense ours will be ready for yours! With a year of experience by all the key guys won't trick this team like the bufs did last year! We will be ready! 60 yards rushing. 240 total and a loss!

Bisonator
December 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM
We don't give up much rushing either...as much as your d will be ready for our offense ours will be ready for yours! With a year of experience by all the key guys won't trick this team like the bufs did last year! We will be ready! 60 yards rushing. 240 total and a loss!

Think your guys can get in the endzone this year? How many picks will Bell and Jensen throw? That'll probably be the stat of the game.

Darlinikki150
December 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM

well everything you said, the Bison will do also. It isn't like we won't be just as prepared as Bearkats. Ur super cute, but we will get more than 60.

fmrbearkat
December 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
well everything you said, the Bison will do also. It isn't like we won't be just as prepared as Bearkats. Ur super cute, but we will get more than 60.

I'm not arguing that our offense might struggle! I just think this year we make a couple plays the bufs don't.

Wilson16
December 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
You guys are so sweet! If I win do I get a trophy or somn? And I don't cry about a glass ceiling, I work in manufacturing, I know the drill. So happy my Vikes won!

Let's talk FCS football now. With healthy receivers, how many yards thru the air do you all think NDSU can put up on SAM? I don't see us not getting some sort of passing game going.

If Ponder can manage to not lose a game against the Packers no reason Jenson won't be able to lead us to victory Saturday. Go Vikes. Go Bison. Go QBs that everyone thinks are terrible

swaghook
December 30th, 2012, 08:53 PM
My thoughts are that the play off games the Bison where in better prepared the team for what they will face in the NC then what the bearkats faced in their play off games. If Jenson does not throw any pick 6's I like our chances to repeat.

344Johnson
December 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM
No Pick six's/Save Season.

I think if the Bison offense manages a touchdown on its own, the defense will giftwrap it another. Maybe get a field goal or two and thats 20 points. Enough for a Bison W.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2012, 06:51 AM
My thoughts are that the play off games the Bison where in better prepared the team for what they will face in the NC then what the bearkats faced in their play off games. If Jenson does not throw any pick 6's I like our chances to repeat.

Agree. It will come down to turnovers for both teams.

I still think that a healthy WR corp will definitely help the passing game for the Bison.

Plus, I think the Bison D will rattle Bell's head and make him mistake prone.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2012, 08:50 AM
Agree. It will come down to turnovers for both teams.

I still think that a healthy WR corp will definitely help the passing game for the Bison.

Plus, I think the Bison D will rattle Bell's head and make him mistake prone.

Hasn't that been it all season? I mean when you don't play SELA and you have to work for it, that is.

semobison
December 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM
I believe Baylor and A&M are better than any teams we have played this year...wow!

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2012, 10:30 AM
I believe Baylor and A&M are better than any teams we have played this year...wow!

...and they lost both? Also lost to their only playoff opponent in the regular season UCA. However, I still think this will be a very close game (not looking at schedules...any team that makes it this far in the post season has proven enough).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2012, 10:30 AM

As we have seen several times in the past, FBS games do not show a true measure of how good or bad a team is.

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, etc. There is a level of "meh" that comes from those teams when playing a FCS opponent.

semobison
December 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
As we have seen several times in the past, FBS games do not show a true measure of how good or bad a team is.

Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, etc. There is a level of "meh" that comes from those teams when playing a FCS opponent.

Lets not bad mouth their schedule then! Yes, we play in a better conference. No, we are not better than Baylor or A&M. Are we better than Sammy? We will find out saturday. If our offense scores 20, I like our chances. I watched the Bearkats-Baylor game early this season. Sammy led by 10 at half and were outplaying the Bears then imploded the first 5 minutes of the 3rd qtr. The team I saw in the first half will be tough to beat. The team I saw in the 2nd half...not so much!

Drblankstare
December 31st, 2012, 04:25 PM
The only thing I know for sure is that there will be very few sober people in Fargo on sat. Bison game in the afternoon and then the Vikes Pack playoff game Sat night. It's going to be a long day.

citdog
December 31st, 2012, 04:26 PM
The only thing I know for sure is that there will be very few people in Fargo on sat. .

fify

they'll all be in Frisco

Green1
December 31st, 2012, 04:41 PM
fify

they'll all be in Frisco

Lol. True enough.

Darlinikki150
December 31st, 2012, 08:09 PM
The Mayor of Frisco was on a Fargo radio station today and assured us they won't run out beer this year. I don't know if that's somn to brag about, but it sure is impressive lol.

Nickels
December 31st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Anyone else recently get a bill from the NTTA from last years game?

Bisonator
December 31st, 2012, 10:47 PM
Our starting MLB maybe out for Saturdays game.

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2012, 10:55 PM

Yup......this ****ing blows. Prayers are out to him.

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2012, 11:01 PM
I'm still holding on hope...depending on the type of procedure, there is a chance he could at least be back.

Bisonator
December 31st, 2012, 11:10 PM
I'm still holding on hope...depending on the type of procedure, there is a chance he could at least be back.

I think it's pretty doubtful. Too risky IMO Bohl won't let it happen. His health is worth more then this game. Someone else will step up it's the Bison way. The strength of the Bison is the herd! Get well soon Grant.

Bisonoline
December 31st, 2012, 11:15 PM
Anyone else recently get a bill from the NTTA from last years game?

Yes I did. For 1.28.

fmrbearkat
December 31st, 2012, 11:56 PM
I think it's pretty doubtful. Too risky IMO Bohl won't let it happen. His health is worth more then this game. Someone else will step up it's the Bison way. The strength of the Bison is the herd! Get well soon Grant.

What's wrong with him? Prayers up for him! Wish everybody was healthy this game! I remember how the playoffs felt and cant really imagine how the week of the natty would feel...Win or lose this is as big as it gets for most of these guys!

Bisonator
January 1st, 2013, 12:03 AM
What's wrong with him? Prayers up for him! Wish everybody was healthy this game! I remember how the playoffs felt and cant really imagine how the week of the natty would feel...Win or lose this is as big as it gets for most of these guys!

Needs an appendectomy.

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2013, 01:50 AM
Emergency appendectomy, I don't see any possibility that he'll be able to go on Saturday. This is absolutely awful news, Grant Olson is the toughest guy on this team to replace, Jensen and Marcus Williams included. The Bison beat writer blogged about it earlier this year (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/10/04/grant-olson-is-the-cal-player-cant-afford-to-lose/) in depth but due to the role he has on defense and the lack of depth at LB this is a huge loss for the Bison. Unfortunate that it was a freak off the field injury that took him out, it'll take an entire team effort to pick up the slack on Saturday.

AmsterBison
January 1st, 2013, 09:02 AM
Huge loss... Feel terrible for Grant. The important thing is, of course, that he recovers fully but hate to see him miss this game... Big blow to the team.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

caribbeanhen
January 1st, 2013, 09:11 AM
ouch, not a good way to start of the New year...... tough luck for the Bizon, that MLB must be sick to his stomach to have to miss this game...... but in all seriousness, get well soon kid

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2013, 11:06 AM
I had to get off Bisonville. You'd swear the team plane crashed or something.

Sam_Kats
January 1st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Shouldn't be an issue. Injuries/health issues are just part of a football season. Did he even start last year?

Sam's starting MLB had a spine injury the 1st game of the season and missed the entire year. Flanders' backup, who get many carries, broke his leg a couple games before the playoffs. We had both starting OT's out vs EWU. Sincere & T Williams have been banged up & missed action all year.

I'm sure the Bison have depth & it won't be an issue, nor should it be an excuse. Good luck to the kid.

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2013, 11:37 AM
Shouldn't be an issue. Injuries/health issues are just part of a football season. Did he even start last year?

Sam's starting MLB had a spine injury the 1st game of the season and missed the entire year. Flanders' backup, who get many carries, broke his leg a couple games before the playoffs. We had both starting OT's out vs EWU. Sincere & T Williams have been banged up & missed action all year.

I'm sure the Bison have depth & it won't be an issue, nor should it be an excuse. Good luck to the kid.
The Bison have depth but not at LB, they've been able to absorb the loss of a preseason AA in Colten Heagle at SS and their best D-lineman in Leevon Perry because of quality backups at those positions. The guy that may see the biggest uptick in playing time due to this injury started the year as a QB but moved to LB based on the lack of depth there and the fact that he would've been 3rd string at QB. This has been a fear all year as the starting 3 LBs are far beyond the backups and, until now, the LBs have remained healthy.

Having said that, luck is part of the game. Losing a player to a freak off the field injury like this is bad luck just like a batted ball INT or completion can be bad luck in a game. The Bison will have to adapt but make no mistake, to lose the heart of the defense 2 days before the teams travels to Texas is a very big deal.

Bisonator
January 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
I'm sure the Bison have depth & it won't be an issue, nor should it be an excuse.

Won't make it an excuse, but our linebacker depth is our weakness. Heck we converted a QB to play LB to add depth. You don't replace a guy like Grant, he is the QB of our defense. Calls the D, gets the guys on the same page, not to mention a tackling machine. He's a big reason if not the reason we won that Wofford game and will be missed. With that said our Coaches will have a plan and players prepared. Someone or more aptly the team will step up. Tis the Bison way. The strength of the Bison is the Herd! GO BISON!!!

BisonFan02
January 1st, 2013, 11:48 AM
DomIzzoWDAY #NDSU HC Craig Bohl says Grant Olson "will be on the plane and probable to play on Saturday" #FCSChampionship

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
DomIzzoWDAY #NDSU HC Craig Bohl says Grant Olson "will be on the plane and probable to play on Saturday" #FCSChampionship

That is a tough SOB

Bisonator
January 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM

Highly doubtful if he actually had surgery I don't see him being cleared to play.

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
I don't see how he could possible play only 5 days after an appendectomy. From what I've read the earliest you can resume "normal" physical activity is a week and playing D1 football is most likely above and beyond what they define as normal.

I'm sure Grant will be there, maybe even in uniform because he's a captain and a great teammate but I don't see how he could play. As tough as it would be for him to not play, he and the coaches need to trust the doctors and keep his long term health in mind before football.

Unless of course he didn't have surgery and I'm blowing this out of proportion (which is a distinct possibility).

swaghook
January 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM
So much speculation going on right now. Some are now saying he is being treated with antibiotics instead of surgery. Guess we won't know until Sat at noon whether he will be playing or not at this point.