PDA

View Full Version : GSU vs. NDSU Game Photos

Eagle22
December 17th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Better late than never, I suppose ;)

After the game, I decided to drive immediately back to Minneapolis to beat the sleet/snow/ice, since I rightly figured I wasn't going to be able to sleep well after THAT game and knowing I had to make it back for an early flight.

I woke up at 8am central time on Friday, and finally got home and to sleep in Georgia 36 hours later. After a 15 hour slumber, on mid Sunday I started running through nearly 2300 photos I took before, during and after the game. Many of them were photos taken for players and their parents, but I've run through the game shots that I thought both sides may appreciate.

I had a great time preceding the game, unfortunately due to timing involved with picking up a friend at the airport, and my pregame radio stint 2 hours prior to kickoff ... I only had about 45 minutes in the tailgate lot but was able to meet a few folks anyways.

During the game, I will say I caught a fair amount of grief walking the sidelines in the endzone and team sidelines where there weren't students, and surprisingly to me the students were very respectful to the point that we had some ongoing fun back-n-forths during the game.

I don't know who the one old guy was that was particularly annoying, but after he talked about our three wasted trips to the semi-finals I did have to chime in that in my lifetime my eight visits to National Championship games were plenty for me if we never, ever got there again. While it'd be nice to go again, I have to say I've learned to enjoy the journey and not focus as much on the destination anymore.

Thanks to all the NDSU posters who shot me a pm w/ the advice and suggestions. I wish I had been able to fly in on Wednesday and stay until Sunday, but some job issues meant getting there late Thursday and leaving early. Hopefully you Bison can make a trip to the 'Boro in 2013 for a playoff visit.

http://www.gsufans.com/media/2012/gsuvsndsu121512/index.htm.

p.s. I watermark all my photos after some have turned up on other sites and others have been used or sold w/o my permission. If there is one you like I can set you up w/ the original minus the watermark ... just shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Paul
www.gsufans.com

Green1
December 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the pic link Eagle22. Hope you had fun with your trip to Fargo!

Bison56
December 17th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Wow those are great! Thanks for sharing.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
What great pictures!! I hope you enjoyed your time up in Fargo! Screw those pricks that were taunting you, funny how the students were the respectful ones.

blueballs
December 18th, 2012, 11:58 AM
What great pictures!! I hope you enjoyed your time up in Fargo! Screw those pricks that were taunting you, funny how the students were the respectful ones.

That's because they don't understand nor can they comprehend the pure awesomeness that is Eagle22. There is a thread on GSUfans dedicated to such matters. It makes Chuck Norris look worthless and weak.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2012, 01:06 PM

After the game, I decided to drive immediately back to Minneapolis to beat the sleet/snow/ice, since I rightly figured I wasn't going to be able to sleep well after THAT game and knowing I had to make it back for an early flight.

I woke up at 8am central time on Friday, and finally got home and to sleep in Georgia 36 hours later. After a 15 hour slumber, on mid Sunday I started running through nearly 2300 photos I took before, during and after the game. Many of them were photos taken for players and their parents, but I've run through the game shots that I thought both sides may appreciate.

I had a great time preceding the game, unfortunately due to timing involved with picking up a friend at the airport, and my pregame radio stint 2 hours prior to kickoff ... I only had about 45 minutes in the tailgate lot but was able to meet a few folks anyways.

During the game, I will say I caught a fair amount of grief walking the sidelines in the endzone and team sidelines where there weren't students, and surprisingly to me the students were very respectful to the point that we had some ongoing fun back-n-forths during the game.

I don't know who the one old guy was that was particularly annoying, but after he talked about our three wasted trips to the semi-finals I did have to chime in that in my lifetime my eight visits to National Championship games were plenty for me if we never, ever got there again. While it'd be nice to go again, I have to say I've learned to enjoy the journey and not focus as much on the destination anymore.

Thanks to all the NDSU posters who shot me a pm w/ the advice and suggestions. I wish I had been able to fly in on Wednesday and stay until Sunday, but some job issues meant getting there late Thursday and leaving early. Hopefully you Bison can make a trip to the 'Boro in 2013 for a playoff visit.

p.s. I watermark all my photos after some have turned up on other sites and others have been used or sold w/o my permission. If there is one you like I can set you up w/ the original minus the watermark ... just shoot me a pm.

Thanks,

Paul
www.gsufans.com

Awesome shots!

ysubigred
December 18th, 2012, 01:09 PM

Thanks,

Paul
www.gsufans.com

Safe to say we'll see this guy on Sunday's xbowx

http://www.gsufans.com/media/2012/gsuvsndsu121512/images/IMG_2676.jpg

Apphole
December 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Safe to say we'll see this guy on Sunday's xbowx

http://www.gsufans.com/media/2012/gsuvsndsu121512/images/IMG_2676.jpg

On the next episode of Cops...

ysubigred
December 18th, 2012, 01:38 PM
On the next episode of Cops...

Well.... he'll fit right into the NFL!!

Eaglesrus
December 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Well.... he'll fit right into the NFL!!

Ah, that's it! I'd been trying to figure out what had gotten into him the last 15 months or so; hadn't considered that he's just practicing. Thanks for helping me to see the light.