PDA

View Full Version : Frisco: NDSU vs. ???

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
We just witnessed one of the best FCS games in recent years. NDSU pulled it out late and are onto Frisco for a shot at a repeat. What matchup does your crystal ball tell you will happen on January 5th?

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 01:43 AM
However it goes I don't think this one will be very close. One team will destroy the other. Will it be EWU's passing game or SHSU's defense and running attack? Then again, ive been wrong about nearly everything other than the halftime score of the NDSU GSU game.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 15th, 2012, 01:47 AM
I'm fairly certain we just played the de facto national title game.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 15th, 2012, 01:48 AM
And I'll be impressed if either of those teams put up double digits on your defense.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 01:51 AM

I think this is likely. Only time will tell.

BisonBohl
December 15th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Got a chance to listen to Jeff Monken's press conference and wow, what a classy coach. GSU you guys have a great one with him, whether you guys move up or not you are in good hands.

This Bison fan is very impressed.

steelr7
December 15th, 2012, 02:33 AM
I think SHSU takes care of EWU in easy fashion. Just have a feeling about this one. They looked too good against Montana State & they have that chip on their shoulder to get another piece of the Bison. Should be a great one tomorrow (today). Whatever, it's late.

frozennorth
December 15th, 2012, 03:29 AM
the Winner of EWU and SHSU should be a heavy favorite.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2012, 07:16 AM
same results as last year all the way to the end

Sam_Kats
December 15th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Don't blame NDSU & their confidence but I think we handle GSU as well.

No way to know unless we beat EWU to find out. Hoping the Kats do that tonight to earn the rematch.

EdubAlum
December 15th, 2012, 08:28 AM

I agree. And not trying to troll. Neither offense was all that good. Ndsu has a stout defense obviously but I would think a team with legit passing offense would have the advantage

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Go EWU!!! Big Sky all the way!

marenlee
December 15th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I want EWU to win that way Pizza Hut Park becomes South Fargo. It will be hard to see the red in the stands. But my gut tells me SHSU.

TypicalTribe
December 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Amazing choice we're looking at. Either a rematch of last year or a battle between the last two champs.

Interesting footnote: every title game rematch has been won by team that lost the first game.

KATFANtastic45
December 15th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Amazing choice we're looking at. Either a rematch of last year or a battle between the last two champs.

Interesting footnote: every title game rematch has been won by team that lost the first game.

I like the sound of that footnote! Now all the Kats need to do is take care of business!

md64179
December 15th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Get ready for a rematch.

SHSU-30
EWU-28

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I want EWU to win that way Pizza Hut Park becomes South Fargo. It will be hard to see the red in the stands. But my gut tells me SHSU.

Agreed. If the Big Sky rep wins they will bring about 8 people to Texas. Plus I want to shut the pie holes of the WiouxND fans that think their conference is soooo goood.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Agreed. If the Big Sky rep wins they will bring about 8 people to Texas. Plus I want to shut the pie holes of the WiouxND fans that think their conference is soooo goood.

who fans will be riding the coat-tails of EWU-MSU-UM for many yrs to come....but I guess that makes them an elite team also just cus they are in the same conference.....xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 01:01 PM

Meh, they are so inconsequential. I'd be the BSC wishes they'd said yes all those years ago. Buyers remorse to say the least. It's kind of like buying a knockoff item off the street.

Southern Bison
December 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM
who fans will be riding the coat-tails of EWU-MSU-UM for many yrs to come....but I guess that makes them an elite team also just cus they are in the same conference.....xlolx

And the reasons that the Whioux didn't try to join the MVFC are...?

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Meh, they are so inconsequential. I'd be the BSC wishes they'd said yes all those years ago. Buyers remorse to say the least. It's kind of like buying a knockoff item off the street.

Makes me smile to continuousley show the the Big Pie what they could have had.

BEAR
December 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM

xsmhx No. Just...no. Don't take anything away from EWU or SHSU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM
NDSU vs........doesnt matter

xcoffeex

Twentysix
December 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM

They weren't invited is the only reason.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM

...I'm sure darell will be jumping in on this thread pretty soon.....

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
EWU has the odds in their favor as the home team has won every semi-final game since 2008. SAM is good, played Baylor and Texas A&M tough. EWU wins in a comeback.

ST_Lawson
December 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
They weren't invited is the only reason.

They were supposed to go MVFC & Summit with the rest of the Dakotas, but didn't get the invite at the same time due to the whole nickname issue I think. By the time the nickname stuff was resolved, they'd already accepted an invite to the Big Sky.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM
They were supposed to go MVFC & Summit with the rest of the Dakotas, but didn't get the invite at the same time due to the whole nickname issue I think. By the time the nickname stuff was resolved, they'd already accepted an invite to the Big Sky.

Even better, they were supposed to go with USD but the Coyotes took the MVFC/Summit deal. BSC had a chance for NDSU but ended up with UNC and the Great Rest instead . Talk about the proverbial "gag gift"

ST_Lawson
December 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Yea, I think the MVFC (and the Summit League) is pretty happy with how picking up NDSU and SDSU has worked out so far. USD has a bit of growing to do, but they're the newest in the conference and supposed to be upgrading their facilities pretty soon. Still, I think we would have liked to get UND along with the other three Dakota schools as well.

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 03:20 PM

The MVFC was never in the picture. Even for South Dakota the MVFC was never mentioned. It wasn't until both UND and USD got accepted into the Big Sky (USD had to get approval from the SD Board) that a last second deal was made with only South Dakota because they were already members of the Summit League, and UND was still looking for a conference for all their teams. The SL was going to accept UND as they had a site visit planned but once the Big Sky told UND they would be accepted UND told the SL no thanks. Also USD would have had to pay a lot of money to backout of the SL so of course they accepted the MVFC. The MVFC told UND there was never an invite for UND due to the numbers of conference members. UND is happy to be where they are. If they would have said no to the Big Sky UND would be an Independent in football and in the SL for other sports.

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Just like NDSU road the coat-tails of UNI for how many years after the Great West? Its nice to see Bison fans turning this into a UND-NDSU thread.

patssle
December 15th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I find it interesting that NDSU is already being crowned national champion. Last year SHSU was winning at the half and it took a fake punt and a panicky SHSU QB for them to pull off the win in the 2nd half. NDSU was 1-13 on 3rd downs and had less first downs than SHSU.

SHSU defense dominated NDSU and can likely do it again this year. I think a rematch would be another defensive struggle with the winner being a toss up - maybe NDSU having a slight edge but by no means a shoe in.

That is - if we beat EWU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Just like NDSU road the coat-tails of UNI for how many years after the Great West? Its nice to see Bison fans turning this into a UND-NDSU thread.

LOL....go with that!!

xlmaox

marenlee
December 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I find it interesting that NDSU is already being crowned national champion. Last year SHSU was winning at the half and it took a fake punt and a panicky SHSU QB for them to pull off the win in the 2nd half. NDSU was 1-13 on 3rd downs and had less first downs than SHSU.

SHSU defense dominated NDSU and can likely do it again this year. I think a rematch would be another defensive struggle with the winner being a toss up - maybe NDSU having a slight edge but by no means a shoe in.

That is - if we beat EWU.

You make it sound like ndsu lost. What I remember is 17-6 and 0 tds for shsu

patssle
December 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
You make it sound like ndsu lost. What I remember is 17-6 and 0 tds for shsu

Which part implied that NDSU lost? The fact is, last year was a great defensive struggle where 1 or 2 plays could have changed the entire thing. NDSU should not be the shoe in for a 2nd NC - probably a favorite but barely.

bisonranch
December 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
All 3 teams in the mix look beatable. Sam pulls it out today. Bison lost to many guys to injury to be a favorite, with an inconsistent pass game but they're still dangerous. Should be another good one.

frozennorth
December 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM

xbangx

Bison56
December 15th, 2012, 04:22 PM

They dont play football.

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM

And you having to respond to it

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 04:25 PM
...I'm sure darell will be jumping in on this thread pretty soon.....

xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM
xthumbsupx

Well, I guess he has his 'hockey' team!

Awesome....Sammy is marching again....

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 04:27 PM
And you having to respond to it

I am sure if I were to bash NDSU on a UND thread NDSU fans would flock to it and respond. Its just human nature to respond.

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Well, I guess he has his 'hockey' team!

Awesome....Sammy is marching again....

Yep I do and after football season you guys still have the Fargo Force (hockey team)...since they draw more than NDSU basketball.

Wilson16
December 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Yep I do and after football season you guys still have the Fargo Force (hockey team)...since they draw more than NDSU basketball.

And an exciting FB team to look forward to next season. Unlike the Wioux.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM

Come on darell, that is pretty weak!

I'm on your side....:D

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Come on darell, that is pretty weak!

I'm on your side....:D

Sorry its all I had. xlolx

You guys have sure set the bar extremely high for the other Dakota teams to follow. I think with a great coach (I think Bohl is a great coach) and a really good recruiting class you can sure make a bunch of runs at a National Title. Hats off to you guys.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Sorry its all I had. xlolx

You guys have sure set the bar extremely high for the other Dakota teams to follow. I think with a great coach (I think Bohl is a great coach) and a really good recruiting class you can sure make a bunch of runs at a National Title. Hats off to you guys.

No harm, no foul.....I'm just jerkin your chain....:D

Let's see what Mollberg can do. He'll have some growing pains but he has 4 yrs to improve.

Muss needs to get the defense back to its D2 dominance...

darell1976
December 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM
No harm, no foul.....I'm just jerkin your chain....:D

Let's see what Mollberg can do. He'll have some growing pains but he has 4 yrs to improve.

Muss needs to get the defense back to its D2 dominance...

NDSU is having a run that we just envy. Your Bison look like the Bison of the 80's!!

Old Guy
December 15th, 2012, 05:03 PM
However it goes I don't think this one will be very close. One team will destroy the other. Will it be EWU's passing game or SHSU's defense and running attack? Then again, ive been wrong about nearly everything other than the halftime score of the NDSU GSU game.

Hmmm, were you watch an early replay or something ? SHSU 35/the red carpet team ZERO at 1/2 time

ST_Lawson
December 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM
And an exciting FB team to look forward to next season. Unlike the Wioux.

If it makes you guys feel any better, if UND was in the MVFC, you at least would have beaten us.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2012, 06:19 PM
If it makes you guys feel any better, if UND was in the MVFC, you at least would have beaten us.

On a stopover in the Quad Cities on my way to the UNI game earlier this year I helped a (literally) little old lady by giving her directions back on the freeway and the right road. She was on her way to Macomb. I said "Oh, that's where Western Illinois is" she said "Yes, my son is the defensive coordinator there". I don't know if I let on but I really had the "awww" look on my face.

YournotBentrim
December 15th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Who ever it is it wont be easy there are no cupcakes once you get to the final four! Even if we dont win I think some of the Big Boys are going to come calling for Bohl with mountains of cash.

ST_Lawson
December 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
On a stopover in the Quad Cities on my way to the UNI game earlier this year I helped a (literally) little old lady by giving her directions back on the freeway and the right road. She was on her way to Macomb. I said "Oh, that's where Western Illinois is" she said "Yes, my son is the defensive coordinator there". I don't know if I let on but I really had the "awww" look on my face.

Actually, our defense is getting better...it's the offensive coordinator and head coach you should pity. Speaking of which, new head coach is supposed to be named on Wednesday.

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2012, 08:56 PM

You serious bro?

deez_na
December 17th, 2012, 08:25 AM

lol, that's laughable, heavy favorite over NDSU? How exactly do you figure that?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2012, 08:38 AM
You serious bro?

yeah, this one doesn't make much sense to me either.