PDA

View Full Version : Moore informed of dismissal in 2011

WataugaDave
December 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I saw this hadn't been posted yet, if it has I apologize.

The article speaks volumes - http://www2.wataugademocrat.com/News/story/Moore-informed-in-2011-of-job-change-id-009876

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM
ShaZam!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4682503027294805&pid=15.1

I tried to tell y'all it wasn't an underhanded blindside by Cobb and Peacock for Coach, as the papers led many to belive in the interest of selling more papersxrolleyesx. Much ado about nothingxnodx.

Go...gate
December 11th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Ouch.

md64179
December 11th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Now that the truth is out, can we please move on. It's time to hire someone new and go on to the next chapter. We have an amazing team coming back, and hopefully we can put the attention back on them.

woffordgrad94
December 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I figured as much. ASU wouldn't do a guy like Jerry Moore that dirty.

Saint3333
December 11th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Anyone like to apologize for their posts last week?

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Anyone like to apologize for their posts last week?

You'll have a long wait I'm afraid.

Saint3333
December 12th, 2012, 08:16 AM
So 200+ posts when a "journalist's" perception of the story is provided, and FIVE posts when the actual letter was provided. That is extremely disappointing, but predictable.

GlassOnion
December 12th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I want to show you guys something:

http://youtu.be/aBTpjkPiVyg

The Eagle's Cliff
December 12th, 2012, 09:25 AM
I've been waiting for the "negative consequences" of App State's success the last 8 seasons to hit their program. At Georgia Southern, we were instantly successful with multiple Championships and playoff appearances. Our fans have "demanded" championships since 1986.

In his first 16 seasons at App St, Moore won exactly two-thirds of his games (128-64) and had 3 SoCon Championships. In his last 8 seasons, Moore won 80% of his games (87-23) with 7 SoCon Championships and 3 National Championships. The App St fan base transformed from 14K on Black Saturday to 25K Every Saturday and with the "new" fans came high expectations.

Welcome to our world.

Apphole
December 12th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I've been waiting for the "negative consequences" of App State's success the last 8 seasons to hit their program. At Georgia Southern, we were instantly successful with multiple Championships and playoff appearances. Our fans have "demanded" championships since 1986.

In his first 16 seasons at App St, Moore won exactly two-thirds of his games (128-64) and had 3 SoCon Championships. In his last 8 seasons, Moore won 80% of his games (87-23) with 7 SoCon Championships and 3 National Championships. The App St fan base transformed from 14K on Black Saturday to 25K Every Saturday and with the "new" fans came high expectations.

Welcome to our world.

uh..... In what world does Georgia Southern come close to ASU in attendance and fanbase? And it's closer to 28k by the way.

GlassOnion
December 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I dont think the current climate is anywhere close to what GSU went through.

FBS transition, aging coach, slipping on and off the field for 3-4 straight years, coach's son employed, then not employed. Hell, GSU treaded water for almost the past 2 decades, App has been growing steadily since 2004, 17,000 students on campus, nearly $80 million in athletic improvements, Billions in academic improvements, and not to mention a nearly complete $200 million endowement campaign to add to whats already there.

Peacock has got to be the best fundraiser I've ever seen.

The Eagle's Cliff
December 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Both of you missed the point. I'm referring to the changed expectations of the App fan base. App has done a lot in 8 years. 2010 was for Ga Southern what 2005 was for App. In 2 years, our football facilities will be better than yours (again) and the indoor arena will be done by 2018.

I'm not sure what you meant by "treading water". Since we were eligible for playoffs in 1984, Southern is 274-102 while App is 253-106. Before you apply Mountain Math, I'll tell you that GSU is 3% better with 17 more games played because of going deep in the playoffs (at least one more left to be added to the total).

Again, the App St of 2005-2012 is a different program with a higher level of expectations than the previous 75 years. Georgia Southern has had those expectations for at least 25 years as opposed to your 8. I was actually empathizing with your situation, but you youngins think everything is a pissing contest without understanding your own school's history.

Apphole
December 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Both of you missed the point. I'm referring to the changed expectations of the App fan base. App has done a lot in 8 years. 2010 was for Ga Southern what 2005 was for App. In 2 years, our football facilities will be better than yours (again) and the indoor arena will be done by 2018.

I'm not sure what you meant by "treading water". Since we were eligible for playoffs in 1984, Southern is 274-102 while App is 253-106. Before you apply Mountain Math, I'll tell you that GSU is 3% better with 17 more games played because of going deep in the playoffs (at least one more left to be added to the total).

Again, the App St of 2005-2012 is a different program with a higher level of expectations than the previous 75 years. Georgia Southern has had those expectations for at least 25 years as opposed to your 8. I was actually empathizing with your situation, but you youngins think everything is a pissing contest without understanding your own school's history.

Adding an upper deck and a new field house will not make your facilities better than ours.

Not to mention this is in the immediate future.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/560343_10150610177872224_2024178526_n.jpg

The Eagle's Cliff
December 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
One side of the stadium is getting a mid-deck and will be the same concrete construction as the base as opposed to the aluminum bleachers at Kidd Brewer. The "fieldhouse" is a 57,000 sq ft Football Operations Center that will be used by football only. The weight room alone will be 13,000 sq. ft. which is nearly 50% larger than what App has for all 20 sports to use.

I keep getting dragged into your pissing match while you ignore the point of higher expectations in Boone which Coach Moore has failed to meet the last 5 seasons.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I dont think the current climate is anywhere close to what GSU went through.

FBS transition, aging coach, slipping on and off the field for 3-4 straight years, coach's son employed, then not employed. Hell, GSU treaded water for almost the past 2 decades, App has been growing steadily since 2004, 17,000 students on campus, nearly $80 million in athletic improvements, Billions in academic improvements, and not to mention a nearly complete $200 million endowement campaign to add to whats already there.

Peacock has got to be the best fundraiser I've ever seen.

We have most definitely not treaded water in the last 20 years WRT new academic programs and facilities. There is an entire section in the southwestern portion of the GSU campus that largely didn't exist 15-20 years ago that now has a Nursing Building, Business Admin Building, Education Building, IT college, Technology Building (includes the new engineering dept.), student Recreation and Activity Center (RAC), Performing Arts Center, and soon-to-be a new facility for the biology department. The majority of those things were not around in the mid-90s. We have also had a big jump in undergrad enrollment while our freshman SATs are now right there with where App's are.

Now if you are talking about athletics then you are right. Mostly stagnant other than having arguably the best baseball venue in the conference.

citdog
December 12th, 2012, 11:47 AM
arguably the best baseball venue in the conference.

no sane person would make that argument.

http://cdn77.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/d=ljwqy/370400lha4mmv6gi.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/The_Citadel_Baseball_Plaque.jpg

Saint3333
December 12th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I've seen the plans for GSU's facility. Yours will be very nice, but not sure I'd say yours will be better. 100,000 sq. ft. vs. 57,000. That is 93% bigger. Yeah, yeah, football only vs. all sports, but in reality other sports will use the weight room, training room, etc. and most of App's space is geared to football.

Both are very nice.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM
no sane person would make that argument.

http://cdn77.psbin.com/img/mw=450/cr=n/d=ljwqy/370400lha4mmv6gi.jpg

I always forget about that one. xsmileyclapx

SpeedkingATL
December 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM

I have to agree that many of App's and GaSo's fans are a little delusional when it comes to expectations. GaSo's got shot to hell during the years under that god awful Falcon's de coach and then the failed Hatch Attach experiment. App's have gotten kicked around a little after 3 consecutive years of playoff flops and off field crap. Both fans bases are delusional but what better way to hold the programs feet to the fire. Without it, GaSo wouldn't be running the offense that defines the brand and App wouldn't have made the decision to release a ledgendary coach in hopes of reaching higher. Delusional expectations can be good.....just gotta hope those same fans put their donations where their mouth is and based on the physical improvements at both schools I would say, so far so good.xsalutex

ASUMountaineer
December 12th, 2012, 12:57 PM

I didn't see Jerry Moore in that post at all. What are you rambling about? This thread had nothing to do with GSU until you posted--I'm not sure it's the "youngins" thinking "everything is a pissing match."

I get your point about expectations, and agree with it. But, I fail to see the tie-in with GSU.

RabidRabbit
December 12th, 2012, 01:13 PM
One side of the stadium is getting a mid-deck and will be the same concrete construction as the base as opposed to the aluminum bleachers at Kidd Brewer. The "fieldhouse" is a 57,000 sq ft Football Operations Center that will be used by football only. The weight room alone will be 13,000 sq. ft. which is nearly 50% larger than what App has for all 20 sports to use.

I keep getting dragged into your pissing match while you ignore the point of higher expectations in Boone which Coach Moore has failed to meet the last 5 seasons.

Hey Cliff, this one's for you! xsmiley_wix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEblfSKCXM0

GlassOnion
December 12th, 2012, 01:21 PM
We have most definitely not treaded water in the last 20 years WRT new academic programs and facilities. There is an entire section in the southwestern portion of the GSU campus that largely didn't exist 15-20 years ago that now has a Nursing Building, Business Admin Building, Education Building, IT college, Technology Building (includes the new engineering dept.), student Recreation and Activity Center (RAC), Performing Arts Center, and soon-to-be a new facility for the biology department. The majority of those things were not around in the mid-90s. We have also had a big jump in undergrad enrollment while our freshman SATs are now right there with where App's are.

Now if you are talking about athletics then you are right. Mostly stagnant other than having arguably the best baseball venue in the conference.

I was mainly referencing athletics.

eaglesrthe1
December 12th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Any fanbase, ASU, GSU or otherwise that has championships as an expectation is unreasonable. All you can reasonably expect is to be in position to win on a regular basis (playoffs). Do that enough and the championships will follow.

clenz
December 12th, 2012, 07:04 PM
You think that "journalist" will actually show up in this thread?

Wilson16
December 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Any fanbase, ASU, GSU or otherwise that has championships as an expectation is unreasonable. All you can reasonably expect is to be in position to win on a regular basis (playoffs). Do that enough and the championships will follow.

You sure the championships will follow??? See UNI :)

Saint3333
December 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
You think that "journalist" will actually show up in this thread?

I dn't think that "journalist" or any of the people that wanted to believe his view will some up here or in a newspaper which really is a shame. He should have to extend a retraction for some of the things he inferred.

citdog
December 12th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Would any App people like to explain this?

http://www.yosefdreams.com/gallery.htm