PDA

View Full Version : Most Active I-AA Boards

Sly Fox
August 20th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Obviously AGS is everyone's meeting place in the I-AA world. But I am curious which individual school boards are the most active today as we begin the new season?

Some boards have been around longer than others and have larger numbers of registered members. But I am referring to most active boards on a daily basis in the football season.

Frankly I am curious. I frequent many boards but I'd love to hear which ones are hopping this time of year.

Grizzle G
August 20th, 2006, 09:18 AM
egriz.com is really active pretty much year 'round

JMU2004
August 20th, 2006, 10:30 AM
JMU's board at CAAZONE is very active....probably one of the most active in I-AA

wannabegaucho
August 20th, 2006, 10:40 AM
The UC Davis board isn't that active... but combine it with its sister Big West Boards and they are more active, than, say, the fUCLA Scout boards.

catbob
August 20th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Bobcat nation is pretty active, especially during football season.

ISUMatt
August 20th, 2006, 01:46 PM
-Swiper No Swiping
-Swiper No Swiping
-Swiper No Swiping!!!

Redbirdfan.com is extremely active during basketball season. Now that we have expectations for football, it get more active than its usual nothing...Overall in the summer the board is dead, but its definitely a basketball board!!

EKU05
August 20th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Once we get into football season EKUpride.com will be quite active. It already is to a lesser degree.

TheBisonator
August 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Always something going on over at Bisonville.com. Almost 1,300 members, and a LOT of offseason talk. On the slowest days in the summer, there will be at least 10 new posts in one day.

GSUhooligan
August 20th, 2006, 04:24 PM
tscsports.com is probably top 3, if not the most active I-AA team board. It's probably between us, egriz and someone else. (Maybe Delaware's???)

bobcatfan06
August 20th, 2006, 04:25 PM
bobcatfans.com is pretty active pretty much year round. We discuss everything over there.

PaladinFan
August 20th, 2006, 04:54 PM
theuffp.com is where Furman fans go for comedy. It has, hands down, the wittiest postings of any board out there. I am a big fan of the "General Idiocy" section.

89rabbit
August 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM
SDSUFans.com's board is always active:

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

sceagle
August 20th, 2006, 05:56 PM
theuffp.com is where Furman fans go for comedy. It has, hands down, the funniest postings of any board out there.

Even Paladin fans agree, Furman football is one big joke.

Cocky
August 20th, 2006, 06:45 PM
gojaxstate.com is active if people are talking about BBQ. It is fairly active but not quite as active as GSU, EGriz, or few other I-AA sites.

OSRacer
August 20th, 2006, 06:56 PM
For Murray State,, racerfans.com is a good site, although basketball reigns supreme over there...about 530 members...

Sly Fox
August 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
So far, eGriz & the GSU board seem to be most active by far. Is there another Delaware board other than the one at CAAZone?

As far as the Big South goes, its FlameFans & CoastalFans. But neither of us are in the same league with the Montana or GSU sites as far as activity.

August 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM
all the most active ones are listed in the fanzone at I-AA.org, not listed are brand new or slow/noisy boards

blackfordpu
August 20th, 2006, 07:18 PM
www.katfans.com is active year round. Good bunch of guys and our membership is spreading pretty rapidly.

skinny_uncle
August 20th, 2006, 07:19 PM
salukitalk.net

» Board Statistics «
Current Time: 7:16 pm
GMT - 5 Hours
Total Posts: 112828
Total Topics: 8232
Total Users: 1137
Newest: StLouis_Saluki
Most Users: 134
3/12/06 9:34 pm
This page has been viewed:
times since March 2004

These numbers do not include the numbers for the live chat room that is highly active during football and basketball games.
How do we stack up?

Go...gate
August 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Voyforums Patriot League has lagged in recent seasons. :(

Mr. C
August 20th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Even Paladin fans agree, Furman football is one big joke.
That's quite a comment from a Georgia Southern fan. Yes, the Eagles did knock the Paladins from the SoCon title chase last year, but let's see: Furman made the championship game in 2001, the quarterfinals in 2004 and the semifinals in 2005. They were also in the playoffs in 2002. That really sounds like a joke of a program to me.

What's wrong with having fun on your board?

skinny_uncle
August 20th, 2006, 07:41 PM
theuffp.com is where Furman fans go for comedy. It has, hands down, the funniest postings of any board out there.
When your school's initials are FU, you need a sense of humor.
:D

SoCon48
August 20th, 2006, 08:23 PM
JMU's board at CAAZONE is very active....probably one of the most active in I-AA

Rivaled by SoCon boards: Mountaineer Message Board, Unofficial Furman Board and the Georgia Southern board. Each is freestanding board.
Just glancing, I'd say the ASU board gets more posts than the JMU one.
Delaware fans are everywhere.

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 20th, 2006, 08:25 PM
gohens.net

August 20th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Note, school boards usually are for all sports. MEACFans is a huge board and one of the most active (but not always about football).

MarkCCU
August 20th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Coastalfans.com is pretty active year round

Mountain Panther
August 20th, 2006, 09:14 PM
panthernation.com

Professional, honest, informative.

Killtoppers90
August 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM
We have the HilltoperHaven.com and there is one for ALL Gateway teams called Gateway Nation.com. It is a fledgling board but getting there.

blukeys
August 20th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Rivaled by SoCon boards: Mountaineer Message Board, Unofficial Furman Board and the Georgia Southern board. Each is freestanding board.
Just glancing, I'd say the ASU board gets more posts than the JMU one.
Delaware fans are everywhere.

Pretty good observation. Delaware has multiple Boards some are dying (deservedly so). CAAZone is not the most active Delaware Board although it is a good place to go to get the flavor of all of the CAA teams especially W&M and JMU.

Gohens.net is the best of the Delaware boards and a place where you can find most of the UD posters that come here.

CrunchGriz
August 20th, 2006, 11:29 PM
As of 9:23 PDST on August 20,

All boards on eGriz had:

198647 posts in 16778 topics

And the football board alone had:

126575 posts in 10278 topics

(Both since November 7, 2002)

P2TheB
August 21st, 2006, 01:13 AM
panthernation.com

Panthernation.com...125,000 hits per day during football/basketball seasons.

HensRock
August 21st, 2006, 10:18 AM
Come and boost our hit numbers at GoHens.net by participating in the 2nd annual:

I-AA Top 25 Football Pool

2 Ways to play:
Pick-em (straight-up pick the winner)
or Spread (pick the winner using the pointspread)

Join a Group or start your own.
Public and Private Groups available for smaller groups

Registration is FREE. Come and test your skill.
All are welcome.

GoHens.net I-AA Top 25 Football Pool (http://www.gohens.net/i-aapool/)

Note: Week 1 locks on Thursday, Aug 31, 12:00 Noon EASTERN TIME

GannonFan
August 21st, 2006, 10:21 AM
panthernation.com

What, Capy Cat doesn' post there??? :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

soweagle
August 21st, 2006, 10:33 AM
Georgia Southern is 12-5 against Furman, but only a mediocre 4-3 (maybe 4-4?) at Paladin Stadium. Too bad you aren't playing us in Statesboro this year. xlolx

What is FU's record in Paulson?

PaladinFan
August 21st, 2006, 10:53 AM
I think it's somewhere in the realm of 1-9. However, the game isn't in Statesboro.

That one win in the semifinals was glorious and will hopefully turn Eagle fan's stomachs for years.

I think we are 1-1 on neutral sites, each beating the other for a national championship?

Eaglegus2
August 21st, 2006, 02:47 PM
I think it's somewhere in the realm of 1-9. However, the game isn't in Statesboro.

That one win in the semifinals was glorious and will hopefully turn Eagle fan's stomachs for years.

I think we are 1-1 on neutral sites, each beating the other for a national championship?

I actually like going to play at Furman. You have FU alumni like Stumpy, Flagman, the guy who heads up the Paladin Booster Assn., and others that I have met. They are class acts. It is a pleasure to see them in Greenville.:nod: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now, I have to wonder if they will be tailgating by the rugby field.:confused:

parr90
August 21st, 2006, 08:02 PM
That's quite a comment from a Georgia Southern fan. Yes, the Eagles did knock the Paladins from the SoCon title chase last year, but let's see: Furman made the championship game in 2001, the quarterfinals in 2004 and the semifinals in 2005. They were also in the playoffs in 2002. That really sounds like a joke of a program to me.

What's wrong with having fun on your board?

Might as well go back to 2000 Mr c when we won the NC as long as your going back a bit.

blueballs
August 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM

Yup... I'l never forget the feeling and the scene as the horn sounded.

I sit on the 50 right behind the GSU bench and just looking around at the fans and players and drinking in the aura of the moment was weird as hell. Nobody said anything, nobody moved (except for the Purps who were going crazy and swarming their team), and everybody kind of looked at each other in disbelief. Nobody, the players or the fans, knew how to act in defeat as odd as that sounds.

After a couple of awkward moments of stunned silence folks started clapping softly and somewhat tentatively as we all knew one of the great eras in 1-AA- that is the Paul Johnson era at GSU- had ended. There were 13 seniors on that GSU team including Adrian Peterson who had absolutely dominated for their careers to that point, with class, and every last one of them graduated and got their degrees. That was NOT the way we all envisioned their careers ending especially after consecutive NC's.

GSU hadn't lost a home playoff game EVER (over 30 wins) to that point and hadn't lost a home game at all in 5 years. That loss snapped the longest home winning streak in the history of 1-AA- 39 games if memory serves correctly.

As much as the two turnovers at the start of the third quarter inside our 20 gave Furman life when they could have easily gotten blown out (the Will Bouton play running down Derrick Owens right before the half on a long pass which saved a TD and held GSU to a FG keeping the deficit at 10 was a life saver too), Furman earned the win with the long TD drive which they MOL lined up and ran it down our throats.

We have had some epic games through the years, eh Furman?

PaladinFan
August 21st, 2006, 09:23 PM
No doubt.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any two schools in this division who have such a history of big games, major upsets and heartbreaking losses. I would also place Louis Ivory and Adrian Peterson as the two greatest running backs in IAA history. Something special to watch both those guys play.

I'm hoping we can have another classic this go around in Greenville. I think my heart is still pounding from the '04 homecoming game against the Eagles.