PDA

View Full Version : Another Big Sky starting RB done for season

I Bleed Purple
August 19th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Since it's me posting, it's obviously Weber State's starting RB, Zach Hall. He is done with an achilles tear. He was the starter most of the year last year because another RB, Adrian Conway, was down most of the year. Roles are reversed now.

Oh, and since the local newspaper is registration only online, and you have to pay if you're not a print subscriber, no link. I think the Salt Lake Tribune will have a link though, so I'll check there.

catbob
August 20th, 2006, 04:37 AM
That is terrible news as well! Hall was a very underrated RB in the BSC, and his shoes will be hard to fill.

GrizFoo
August 20th, 2006, 12:14 PM
That is some tough news, and an achillies too.

I Bleed Purple
August 20th, 2006, 08:26 PM
They're going to try to get a medical redshirt and a sixth year. Not sure what goes into that, but I don't see how that can't happen.

nevadagriz
August 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Best of luck to him I hope he has a speedy recovery and comes back next year!

Mr. C
August 21st, 2006, 12:25 AM
They're going to try to get a medical redshirt and a sixth year. Not sure what goes into that, but I don't see how that can't happen.
The way it works is he would have had to have taken a previous MEDICAL redshirt. If he redshirted for non-injury reasons, the NCAA would likely turn down his request for a sixth year. The NCAA just turned down Delaware receiver David Boler, one of the best wide outs in the A-10, before the season started for that reason.

griz&beer
August 21st, 2006, 12:54 AM
That is to bad. I hpoe the kid can play down the road.

I Bleed Purple
August 21st, 2006, 01:02 AM
Not a link to the injury, but one that mentions it.

http://www.sltrib.com/wsuwildcats/ci_4210391

GrizRchattybound
August 21st, 2006, 07:24 AM
Terrible news.....

WTF is going on with these achilles injuries?

:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Cap'n Cat
August 21st, 2006, 09:24 AM
Terrible news.....

WTF is going on with these achilles injuries?

:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2:

Not stretching?

:confused:

AppGuy04
August 21st, 2006, 09:33 AM
This is turning into an epidemic

I Bleed Purple
August 21st, 2006, 02:10 PM
Not stretching?

:confused:
I remember reading somewhere that stretching does not reduce the risk of injury in any appreciable manner. Soreness, on the other hand, is another matter.

dbackjon
August 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can recover.

Weberrr
August 21st, 2006, 03:20 PM
The loss of Hall will hurt, but I still think Weber will win the Super Bowl this year!

Down with the Foe!
August 21st, 2006, 04:50 PM
I remember reading somewhere that stretching does not reduce the risk of injury in any appreciable manner. Soreness, on the other hand, is another matter.

I believe that is correct regarding this type of injury.

Of course, I did'nt actually go to med school or ever learn anything about Ath. training in college.

But I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

http://revmike.us/HolidayInn_Meltdown2.jpg

AZGrizFan
August 21st, 2006, 05:35 PM
Since it's me posting, it's obviously Weber State's starting RB, Zach Hall. He is done with an achilles tear. He was the starter most of the year last year because another RB, Adrian Conway, was down most of the year. Roles are reversed now.

Oh, and since the local newspaper is registration only online, and you have to pay if you're not a print subscriber, no link. I think the Salt Lake Tribune will have a link though, so I'll check there.

Jesus. Is this the injury-dejour (Cappy, I don't know if this is spelled right) this year? : smh : : smh : : smh : :bawling:

GOKATS
August 21st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the injury, hope things work out ok.

I'm impressed with having a couple WSU posters on board.

slostang
August 22nd, 2006, 12:45 AM
I was just on Sac States web site and I noticed that RB Ryan Mole was not listed on their 2006 roster. Does anyone know what happened to him?