PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal Attendance

AmsterBison
December 9th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Georgia Southern @ ODU: 20068. I don't think that they quite captured how big ODU's crowd was. Sounded great though.
Wofford @ NDSU: 18267. It was a sell out so you'd think that number would be higher. Maybe they don't count the band or player tickets? If you tuned in when NDSU was on offfense, you'd be wondering if there was anybody there at all.
Sam Houston State @ Montana State: 16417. Simply put - that game looked big time. Great crowd too.
Illinois State @ Eastern Washingon: 7512. They've made great strides since 2010!

DFW HOYA
December 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Georgia Southern @ ODU: 20068. I don't think that they quite captured how big ODU's crowd was.

That's the stated capacity of Foreman Field. ODU has sold out every home game since they restarted football.

marenlee
December 9th, 2012, 09:23 AM
The "techno" chant got really annoying after the 100th time at Bozeman. How does that not get old for the fans there? Never seen something more overplayed. Maybe Fight On by USC.

eaglewraith
December 9th, 2012, 09:30 AM
The "techno" chant got really annoying after the 100th time at Bozeman. How does that not get old for the fans there? Never seen something more overplayed. Maybe Fight On by USC.

Is that what they were saying? I could never make it out and they were doing it right across from me. What the hell is that supposed to be about?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

marenlee
December 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Is that what they were saying? I could never make it out and they were doing it right across from me. What the hell is that supposed to be about?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Nah. I'm referring to the dance song that the crowd hums along to before kickoffs and other situations. Everytime I flipped to the game it seemed like they were doing it.

AmsterBison
December 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM

By "techno" he means it's crap that Europe has dumped on our shores via soccer stadiums. That did get old. Rule of thumb: If there's a "stadium remix" of a song, it's already gotten old. Can't blame it on the Bobcat fans though - they were great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDOfN40mXBQ

marenlee
December 9th, 2012, 09:58 AM
By "techno" he means it's crap that Europe has dumped on our shores via soccer stadiums. That did get old. Rule of thumb: If there's a "stadium remix" of a song, it's already gotten old. Can't blame it on the Bobcat fans though - they were great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDOfN40mXBQ

That's it! I'm too lazy to try to research it up. A lot of college teams are guilty of using too much anthem music instead of utilizing the bands more. But I think it's a little overboard there in Bozeman. But hey, if that's how they like it, can't blame them.

Tribe4SF
December 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Atmosphere at ODU was off-the-hook. Very loud! Best FCS atmosphere I've ever experienced.

Big Dawg
December 9th, 2012, 02:33 PM

Michigan has a chant they do all game as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piEWdXQSgA8

But as for the crowds and atmospheres for the quarterfinal games, and the games looked great on TV

Nickels
December 9th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Seven Nation Army is burned out too. I have a feeling I'm going to hear Gangam Style at every stadium I go to for at least the next 5 years.

GoAgs72
December 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM
That's it! I'm too lazy to try to research it up. A lot of college teams are guilty of using too much anthem music instead of utilizing the bands more. But I think it's a little overboard there in Bozeman. But hey, if that's how they like it, can't blame them.

Even at UC Davis where they have a superior band with 150+ members, they still pipe in some crap that I can't listen to, sometimes even over the band while playing.

Cocky
December 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM
At JSU our band is louder than the pa.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
December 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM

I don't think any of us have said that's what we like.. Yeah it gets annoying, but we don't choose what they play, we just go along with what we're given.

gsu_paintballer
December 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I would have wanted to strangle whoever is in charge of the PA at ODU if they played that Ice Cream and Cake crap any longer.

Hammerhead
December 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
It looked like there were some empty seats in the Fargdome. I'm guessing some fans who drive a long distance didn't make it due to the poor road conditions.

Sonic98
December 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Atmosphere at ODU was off-the-hook. Very loud! Best FCS atmosphere I've ever experienced.

I don't know there was a class Alcorn vs Valley game back in the day that some way was probably one of the best experiences at a game they've ever been to FCS or FBS. I would imagine JSU vs SU has had some pretty lively game, and I understand the JSU vs Alcorn game was pretty lively this season

Twentysix
December 11th, 2012, 01:55 PM
It looked like there were some empty seats in the Fargdome. I'm guessing some fans who drive a long distance didn't make it due to the poor road conditions.

Loads of empties all over the home side of the field. There weren't really any huge clusters though, it was only a couple hundred.

Thunderstruck
December 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Seven Nation Army is burned out too. I have a feeling I'm going to hear Gangam Style at every stadium I go to for at least the next 5 years.

This is so played out that its stupid to see people dance. File Gangam Style next to the Macarena.