PDA

View Full Version : Semifinal Predictions

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Poll upcoming. This time we're doing the poll and predictions in the same thread.

LuckyKat
December 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM
"THE REMATCH"

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Agree. The rematch will happen

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
NDSU vs EWU

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Rematch.

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
For NDSU, it's a rematch for every single possible outcome....

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
NDSU vs EWU

This rematch.

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Kats v Bison in Frisco. 22k strong

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
This rematch.

Man, I wish but I think Sam might have the goods to get back again.

sgt smash
December 8th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I will be pulling for the two teams whose fanbases do not have the word "y'all" in thier vocabulary.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I will be pulling for the two teams whose fanbases do not have the word "y'all" in thier vocabulary.

Yeah I'm pulling for anyone not into "Vintage and Modern Ice oval racing."

sgt smash
December 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I am not playing.

GATA_Eagles
December 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah I'm a homer...I have EWU/GSU in the finals

xcoach2
December 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM

That's rich coming from a team that plays in the Double-wide Dome.

frozennorth
December 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah I'm pulling for anyone not into "Vintage and Modern Ice oval racing."
UND is not in the playoffs xrotatehx

CommishBigSmooth
December 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Defense wins championships. And the two best defenses left in the field are the same two teams that played for it all last year.

NDSU-SHSU, Round II in Frisco.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Well I wasn't going to vote in the GSU/NDSU game because of a clear bias but 25% is a wee bit ridiculous

SammyBearkat09
December 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
oh yea because "yous guys" is much better.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I predict the Sam-EWU thread won't be as big as the GSU-NDSU thread. :D

darell1976
December 8th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Go EWU!!! Gotta cheer for my fellow conference member.

GoAgs72
December 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM
final NDSU/EWU, NDSU wins

xcoach2
December 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I'm going to be pulling for the teams that don't drink "pop."

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm going to be pulling for teams with an Eagle for a mascot.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I am cheering for the Bison, just picking the other game :)

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Bison and the team that wears orange all week to go hunting on Sunday and pick trash the rest of the week.

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 11:11 PM

Yeah we know what you will be pulling.xnodx

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Yeah we know what you will be pulling.xnodx

Is he a Yankee fan?

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Marquez ko 10 pacquiao

sgt smash
December 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM

Oh Christ! Even if I was a Sam fan, I would want my team to lose so you go away.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 11:31 PM
It's a toss up. Notice that we have 3 of the same 4 as last year's semis. That's consistency if I ever saw it.

I don't think NDSU will be able to hold GSU like they did Wofford. Look at the stats and scores, GSU's offense produced more numbers than Wofford's did this year

GATA_Eagles
December 8th, 2012, 11:43 PM
It's a toss up. Notice that we have 3 of the same 4 as last year's semis. That's consistency if I ever saw it.

I don't think NDSU will be able to hold GSU like they did Wofford. Look at the stats and scores, GSU's offense produced more numbers than Wofford's did this year

GSU just has a few more weapons. Wofford didn't really open up the pitch as much as GSU will and McKinnon is one hell of a QB. He's come a long way since the beginning of the season. Unlike Jaybo, he is shifty and is able to make plays out of absolutely nothing. He's become pretty good about controlling the ball which is something Jaybo struggled with - see his fumbles in the past two semifinal games. If we do get a bit pass happy, the Bison need to watch out for Zach Walker -- he just makes incredible grabs that most people can't catch.

The game against ODU we really opened up the playbook. You saw a lot of trick plays, double reverses, McKinnon handing off the ball to Robinson and then becoming a receiver. This GSU team right now has a bad case of the wants. The fourth quarter of the ODU game showed that. That's what Erk's teams had. You can see the fight in their eyes. I think GSU will be able to take it in an extremely tight game. It's most likely going to come down to turnovers.

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I think the majority will be surprised by a GSU vs EWU NC.

JPhillips71
December 9th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Defense wins championships. And the two best defenses left in the field are the same two teams that played for it all last year.

NDSU-SHSU, Round II in Frisco.

2 years ago when we won the championship it was the Blue Hens who spent all of december talking about their defense. Which, I will admit, succeeded in holding EWU to 20 points... Needless to say, there is a lot to be said for a team with the weapons to score when it counts.

Texas
December 9th, 2012, 03:42 AM
I get the feeling Bison fans don't want to see the Kats in NC... Seems like they are worried.

word
December 9th, 2012, 04:03 AM
I get the feeling Bison fans don't want to see the Kats in NC... Seems like they are worried.

Extremely dangerous team. Especially with how Bell is throwing to wide open people down the field.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2012, 07:20 AM
NDSU vs SHSU

Rematch

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2012, 07:56 AM
the 2012 playoffs are turning out like a replay of last years and will be so all the way to the end.

skinny_uncle
December 9th, 2012, 08:12 AM
NDSU vs SHSU

Rematch

This looks right to me.

Blue Eagle
December 9th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Being a Ga Southern eternal optimist these are the reasons I think the Eagles will win:

I don't think a team that relies on the run will beat the Eagles even Georgia had to rely on their passing to beat them. If the forward pass had been banned for that game Ga Southern would have had a legitmate chance to win.

Ga Southern has had difficulties defending the pass but imo that been because of the type of pass defense we have played rather than the players we have. When the coaches put them in the right defense they can make plays. If anyone doubts this go back and watch the fourth quarter against ODU especially the interception by our Senior Bowl invitee safety J.J. Wilcox.

What the Eagles have not had a problem with is stopping the run.

Our qb is a big time playmaker and we have a number of other guys who are also. Our offensive line is dominated by sophomores who have gotten better all year.

If we have to pass to win we are in serious trouble, but our qb can make big pass plays and we have receivers who can not only block but can catch the ball very well.

As everyone seems to know we have had problems with our kicking game. If the game comes down to a field goal we are in trouble. I don't remember we ever having the problems we are having. If we had our place kicker from last year we would most probably be 11 & 1 now and the # 1 seed. But I think someone said something about if and buts.......

Obviously, playing at home is a great advantage for NDSU but they earned that "fair & square".

With all that being said I'm going with my eternal optimist prediction of Ga Southern winning and my rational side, also, believes the Eagles will. win.

This should be a great game unless one team has s bad day as teams being made up with humans can have!!

clawman
December 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Ya, ya, ya everybody has all of the reasons why and how their team wins. They are ALL good teams now, so we could jabber on and on all week, and will for sure. One thing I feel strongly about is that NDSU's lack of offense will catch up and they will NOT repeat.

Blue Eagle
December 9th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Ya, ya, ya everybody has all of the reasons why and how their team wins. They are ALL good teams now, so we could jabber on and on all week, and will for sure. One thing I feel strongly about is that NDSU's lack of offense will catch up and they will NOT repeat.

So if you are against "jabbering" and saying why you think your team will win why are you posting on here??

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Well CRAP!?!? Did I just see Caribbean pick the Kats? We're screwed. Dude is 1-5 in playoff games dating back last yr.

Hambone
December 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
At the beginning of the year I had EWU over YSU in the championship game. I will stick to EWU but over a different Valley team. Eags / Bison.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Youbetcha!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 9th, 2012, 01:58 PM
The AGS consensus was 1-3 last week. Don't be surprised if it is 0-2 this week. :)

Edit - NM...EWU and ISU-r tied and Sam edged Motnana State by one vote. What a comeback.

caribbeanhen
December 9th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Well CRAP!?!? Did I just see Caribbean pick the Kats? We're screwed. Dude is 1-5 in playoff games dating back last yr.

again your post confirms your (and most of the Sammy fan base) narrow view of the world, many more picks than the just Sammy games...... I've given Sammy several props going back to last year but even I admit it's more fun to ignore those....I personally think you'll be in the finals but if you want me to continue my anti Sammy slant I'll be more than happy to play along

stevdock
December 9th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'll take the team that just does not let the other team in the end zone. NDSU's defense has given up 3 TD's now in the last 6 playoff games. Score twice on our defense and then I'll get concerned. Our offense can put up 17 on every team left and that will be good enough to win.

Sam_Kats
December 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
And it shows your 'narrow view' if you take everything that is said on an Internet message board seriously. Lighten up, Chicken.

ElCid
December 10th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I am thinking rematch. Wish Georgia So. could pull it off but I am thinking not on the road against that D.

Sam Houston 38
E.Washington 22

ND St. 27
Ga So. 16

TheRevSFA
December 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM

The kiss of death.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 10:27 AM
2 years ago when we won the championship it was the Blue Hens who spent all of december talking about their defense. Which, I will admit, succeeded in holding EWU to 20 points... Needless to say, there is a lot to be said for a team with the weapons to score when it counts.
Are you referring to the chain gang on the sideline?

moosbah
December 10th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Should be a great couple of games. Unless Brock steps up his passing game, I don't see us beating a very good GSU team.
As for the other game, should be a good one. Would like the Bison to get another shot at EWU.

Curious, where is this years string about NDSU not being able to handle "speed" because we play in the MVFC???

SpeedkingATL
December 10th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I predict NDSU 17-14 because GaSo cannot make a field goal. I predict SHSU to beat EWU 31-28 because their orange uniforms clash so badly with the the red turf it gives the EWU players double vision and they try and tackle the wrong image on a few key running plays leading to a SHSU victory.

I still personally hope both sets of Eagles win, just don't think it will happen.

GATA_Eagles
December 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I predict NDSU 17-14 because GaSo cannot make a field goal. I predict SHSU to beat EWU 31-28 because their orange uniforms clash so badly with the the red turf it gives the EWU players double vision and they try and tackle the wrong image on a few key running plays leading to a SHSU victory.

I still personally hope both sets of Eagles win, just don't think it will happen.

I think our punter will be our place kicker for the game. He attempted his first ever kick at ODU...didn't exactly go well but here's hoping that it works out.

md64179
December 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I going with NDSU in a close game and SHSU in a first team to 50 game.

gataeagles06
December 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I think our punter will be our place kicker for the game. He attempted his first ever kick at ODU...didn't exactly go well but here's hoping that it works out.

At least Cherry's attempt was end over end and not a chili pepper line drive that ended up in the water boy's ***.

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2012, 02:38 PM

But the Bison didn't have a great offense last season. This one is virtually the same personel as last season. NDSU can lost this game to GA So. by turnovers, and poor offensive play. Ga Southern will again see the stifling Bison D that did the Eagles in last year. Same result as last time for the Eagles in the FargoDome.

Sam vs EWU on that bloody red field. It was tough watching on ESPN3 on the 42" screen. EWU players were getting "lost" against the carpet from the high main camera angle. Sam just seems tougher on D, and I expect that D to lead them over EWU in Cheney.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Are you referring to the chain gang on the sideline?

classic Chaos right here

straightshooter
December 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
At least Cherry's attempt was end over end and not a chili pepper line drive that ended up in the water boy's ***.

What's really strange is that we kicked seven straight extra points right down the middle. Go figure.

blueballs
December 10th, 2012, 02:53 PM

He can miss just as good as the other guy... a little change up can't hurt.

moosbah
December 10th, 2012, 03:05 PM

This^^^^^^is funny.

gasoutherneagle
December 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
He can miss just as good as the other guy... a little change up can't hurt.

Ooo Ooo... Mrs. gasoutherneagle never played varsity sports during her years at Southern! She was kicker for her high school in South ATL. I've seen her put one through, just messin' around on the weekend at Paulson, from 30 yards when she was a senior our last year together at Southern! I'll call admissions right now! Are administrators of the university ineligible? DAMN! Why didn't I think of this before? xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Georgia Southern 21 @ North Dakota St 27 - I think NDSU's defense feels the effects of playing two tough option teams in 6 days and comes back down to earth a bit but Brock Jensen and the offense have a surprisingly good day to allow NDSU to hold on for a victory. Georgia Southern's offense does it's damage but is stopped on a critical 4th down late in the game.

Sam Houston St 27 @ Eastern Washington 38 - The red turf confounds again as the Eagles best defense is their offense in this one.

Sets up a quasi-home game for the Bison in Frisco January 5th.

bisonwest
December 10th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm hoping for the rematch with EWU, but I think Sammy's gonna beat em.

Very concerned about our rematch with the boys from Statesboro. I think it's going to be much tighter than last year. I'll take the Herd 13-10