PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational Story (no matter who you're school is)

GoGatos
August 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
TEXAS STATE FOOTBALL
For Musgrove, being back on field is a victory
Cornerback was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease last year.
By Bill Harrison

August 7, 2006

Last football season, a broken collarbone cost Walter Musgrove his spot as a starting cornerback for Texas State. The injury also left him sidelined when the Bobcats clinched their first Southland Conference championship and journeyed to the semifinals of the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs.

Nine months later, Musgrove will tell you that everything happens for a reason — and his broken collarbone may have saved his life.

http://www.statesman.com/search/content/sports/stories/other/08/7texstate.html

This is a great story. He is an amazing young man and will serve as one of our captains this season. Just a wonderful example of the type of men David Bailiff is molding in San Marcos.

Go...gate
August 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Right on - a great story and a great young man :hurray: !

UD77
August 19th, 2006, 06:49 PM
That is the kind of young man you want on your team. Good for him, beating cancer and returning to the field.:thumbsup:

blukeys
August 19th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Looks as if the young man did something many folks don't do. He learned from his situation. I love his observations and his ability to see himself as the lucky person in beating his disease. Kudos to him and the Texas State community who rallied around him.!!!!!:nod: :nod:

dirtbag
August 19th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Musgrove is the absolute embodiment of the ideal concept of "student-athlete" and has more cajones than 99% of the people I've met, but his cajones are are dwarfed by the other guy mentioned in the article: James Ortiz. He was our top XC/distance runner, but had a horrific bike wreck with a truck and had to have one of his legs amputated.

Check this out, and try not to get sniffly:

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9251&highlight=ortiz&sid=7dfd546ad335c896b5531cc5982f1e79

blukeys
August 19th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Musgrove is the absolute embodiment of the ideal concept of "student-athlete" and has more cajones than 99% of the people I've met, but his cajones are are dwarfed by the other guy mentioned in the article: James Ortiz. He was our top XC/distance runner, but had a horrific bike wreck with a truck and had to have one of his legs amputated.

Check this out, and try not to get sniffly:

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9251&highlight=ortiz&sid=7dfd546ad335c896b5531cc5982f1e79

Thanx for the article. It is truly inspirational.
We can learn much from thise fine young people.

slostang
August 20th, 2006, 01:25 AM
That reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. "I once complained because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet". Reading their stories kind of makes the worries in our lives seem a little smaller and not so hard to over come. Both of these young men are truely couragous and will be in my prayers tonight.