PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Had to start this as soon as possible. It's going to be.....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30036414.jpg

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Bring it On!!!!!

GATA_Eagles
December 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
100+ pages. I guarantee it.

GATA
Had to start this as soon as possible. It's going to be.....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30036414.jpg

hahahaha

I see your defense is still re-****ing-diculous.

Should be a good one.

Cleets
Let's talk: Kicking Game...

NoDak 4 Ever
Bring it On

I'm talking about the thread. The game will probably as anticlimactic as last year. ;)

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 04:48 PM

No kicking game to speak of over here.

I'd be shocked if we even attempt a FG next week.

Southern Swarm
Or offense.

JSUBison
100+ pages. I guarantee it.

I say about 3500 replies or so.

GATA_Eagles
December 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM
This game is the #1 rushing offense against the #1 defense in the country. Hope I'm able to get up to fargo in the pep band

Go Lehigh TU owl

A poor FG team that's pretty one dimensional on offense is not the recipe for success against NDSU in Fargo. At least at first glance....

darell1976
GSU's running game against NDSU's powerful defense... Should be a great matchup. Good luck to both teams.

Horseshoe App
December 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Georgia Southern by 2 touchdowns. North Dakota States offense is pretty anemic. The southern speed will take control:)

cbarrier90
December 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I am only posting this just so I can say I was part of this epic thread...

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2012, 04:52 PM
If NDSU scores 13 points next weekend that will be 6 more than they need........................

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I cant wait for the "southern speed" thing to come out in this thread and the media since NDSU has a lot of white guys on their team. Its only racist the other way.....................xcoffeex

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM
We're MUCH faster than Wofford, we should be able to move between the 20's no problem. I am worried about the redzone however. NDSU goes into another gear when they get inside the 20 and that combined with our lack of a FG game could spell trouble.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I cant wait for the "southern speed" thing to come out in this thread and the media since NDSU has a lot of white guys on their team. Its only racist the other way.....................xcoffeex

;)

GATA

Wait...there are alot of white guys in North Dakota?

gregatim
If NDSU scores 13 points next weekend that will be 6 more than they need........................

Assuming our offense is going to give up 7 again??? I kid, I kid....not really.....

cbarrier90
December 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM
But Georgia...

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
NDSU's ability to shed blocks is pretty amazing. They also flow very fast to the playside so you can't get numbers on the perimeter. You would think that counters are the answer to that...but this is just a sound defensive team.

We'll have to play a flawless game on offense. Today we got lucky by falling on our two fumbles against ODU.

Blue Eagle
December 8th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I will go on record and say as long as the game is not decided by a field goal Ga Southern will win!!!!

"GO EAGLES"

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Ga Southern located in the 27th fastest growing county in the U.S. according to the U.S. Census!!

Ginsbach
December 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Not sure what Doogie Howser has to do with this game, but it will be a great one.

ALPHAGRIZ1
GSU is so fast.....3 pages of this thread were missed because we dont have fiber internet access up here........................

NoDak 4 Ever
Eric Breitenstein was the difference today. Power runners get their yards, period. I'm seeing a lot of the same things as last year in Georgia Southern and this NDSU defense is better than last year.

GATA
I think it's going to take at least 21 points for GSU to win the game (however they may come). Needless to say, it's going to be tough sledding. But that's why you strap up and play.

blueballs
GSU is every bit as good defensively as Wofford so my first blush after watching NDSU/Wofford is that NDSU is going to have trouble scoring on GSU and everybody has trouble scoring on NDSU.

GSU is more dangerous offensively (faster at every skill position) than Wofford so maybe they can get some thinmgs going that Wofford couldn't.... We'll see.

My first impression after watching the games today is that next week is going to be a low scoring, physical as hell, slobberknocker. IMO the team that scores the first (and maybe only) TD wins.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Eric Breitenstein was the difference today. Power runners get their yards, period. I'm seeing a lot of the same things as last year in Georgia Southern and this NDSU defense is better than last year.

I also think GSU's running game is better than last year. Can't say for a fact that the offense is better as a whole though...Jaybo was a superior passer to Mckinnon.

Did I mention we LITERALLY cannot line up and hit a FG? from anywhere...

X-Factor
December 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
The big difference here is NDSU doesnt have colten heagle. With Heagle, GSU would be enormous underdogs, w/o they can possibly make it a game. First one to 20 wins.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I also think GSU's running game is better than last year. Can't say for a fact that the offense is better as a whole though...Jaybo was a superior passer to Mckinnon.

Did I mention we LITERALLY cannot line up and hit a FG? from anywhere...

I saw the game today. That was pretty bad.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 05:02 PM
The big difference here is NDSU doesnt have colten heagle. With Heagle, GSU would be enormous underdogs, w/o they can possibly make it a game. First one to 20 wins.

I'm fine with Dudzik in this game.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I saw the game today. That was pretty bad.

Yeah man...been living with that all season. Two missed (EASY) FGs against Citadel...lost by 2

3 missed (EASY) FGs against App...lost by a TD...

frustrating to say the least.

Who knows...maybe this will be the game where our kid lines up and hits a 50 yarder to win it...nobody would be more shocked than me.

T-Dog
December 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
If NDSU wins next week they should be sent a SoCon Title Trophy.

walliver
December 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Turnovers and penalties. If GSU can avoid them, I see a game tied at 14 going to OT.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah man...been living with that all season. Two missed (EASY) FGs against Citadel...lost by 2

Who knows...maybe this will be the game where our kid lines up and hits a 50 yarder to win it...nobody would be more shocked than me.

Even with the kicker you had last year, Monken left points on the field by going for it in field goal range on a few occasions.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Even with the kicker you had last year, Monken left points on the field by going for it in field goal range on a few occasions.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked by that. He was coaching like we were playing Madden on Gamecube. Pretty aggressive for my tastes...

Also, we had the crushing fumble from J.J. Wilcox and the one Jaybo/Swope flat dropped on the ground on the mesh. All a recipe for disaster. It's already tough enough to move the damn ball.

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Another big test for the Bison defense.

Last year GSU was #2 in rushing yards per game (Wofford was #1) and the Bison won 35-7.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2011/diviaa/team/rushing_offense_byRUSHYDS_PER_GAME.html

This game is the #1 rushing offense against the #1 defense in the country. Hope I'm able to get up to fargo in the pep band

TheEagleWay
December 8th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Another big test for the Bison defense.

Last year GSU was #2 in rushing yards per game (Wofford was #1) and the Bison won 35-7.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/stats/2011/diviaa/team/rushing_offense_byRUSHYDS_PER_GAME.html

True.

Difference IMO is having a QB that can break off a huge run and shed tackles.

sgt smash
December 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
First one to 8 points wins this one.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm probably going to catch a lot of **** because I won't fawn all over the Eagles but in this case, I'm going to give them another touchdown but see the same result as last year.

NDSU 35
GSU 14

HandoEX
December 8th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Whoever wins the turnover battle wins. Would love to go 3-0 vs Georgia Southern!!!

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
But Georgia...
but last year...... xlolx

Blue Eagle
December 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM

I must have been drinking a lot more than I realized.

I remember the score with App State being 31 to 28 or maybe even though I passed the CPA Exam I can't subtract. I didn't realized 31 minus 28 was 6!!

But whose counting anyway.

I definitely remember the 3 missed (EASY) FGs against App.

"GO EAGLES"

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I'm going to make the somewhat controversial statement that as of now GSU's defense isn't playing as well as Wofford's. Their strength is clearly with stopping the run and I think they can do that to be competitive.

With that said, GSU has a much better offense, and they are a lot better on the perimeter.

If they don't turn the ball over, they will score points.

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I must have been drinking a lot more than I realized.

I remember the score with App State being 31 to 28 or maybe even though I passed the CPA Exam I can't subtract. I didn't realized 31 minus 28 was 6!!

But whose counting anyway.

I definitely remember the 3 missed (EASY) FGs against App.

"GO EAGLES"

"JUST ONE MORE TIME"

ahh hell maybe it was...I was being lazy. I remember losing by 6 but I probably remember it wrong. Didn't bother to double check lol

GATA
December 8th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm going to make the somewhat controversial statement that as of now GSU's defense isn't playing as well as Wofford's. Their strength is clearly with stopping the run and I think they can do that to be competitive.

With that said, GSU has a much better offense, and they are a lot better on the perimeter.

If they don't turn the ball over, they will score points.

I don't see that as controversial. I think everything you say is the truth.

Next week NDSU will see a team that is a little bit better (and faster) than Wofford on offense, but not quite the defensive team that Wofford is. I would expect a game very similar to the game today...only with both teams scoring a little bit more.

Maybe like a 21-14 final.

However, if we lose the ball twice (like last year) I would expect us to lose by 10 or more. I don't see NDSU re-gifting us any turnovers.

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
500 pages...should be epic

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Georgia Southern by 2 touchdowns. North Dakota States offense is pretty anemic. The southern speed will take control:)

Please tell me more about this southern speed....

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Should be a great game. In the end, NDSU just has TOO MUCH Northern Speed for GaSo.

Bison win 3-2

GSU EAGLES
December 8th, 2012, 05:51 PM
We don't have a chance. NDSU players and coaches should assume it will be a replay of last year. I would recommend making travel plans to Frisco and go ahead and scouting the other semi-final bracket. I also think the players can relax and drink heavily at the collge bars this week.

Blue Eagle
December 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
ahh hell maybe it was...I was being lazy. I remember losing by 6 but I probably remember it wrong. Didn't bother to double check lol

I remember because I can't get the frustration of losing by 3 and missing 3 close field goals out of my mind...LOL

Well, at least it's a good reason to drink some more!!

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Can we save ourselves some time and just resurrect last year's thread?

Have to think Georgia Southern will be a bit better prepared for the Bison defense and throw some folds in that weren't there last year, but if they put up 17 on this defense it'll be surprising (not dogging GSU, but hey, zero TDs allowed so far in the playoffs). Biggest question is obviously the Bison offense, and how healthy Brock will be to potentially run on some designed QB keepers that worked well against Wofford.

Early on I like NDSU by something like 27-10. Considering how last year's game went that shouldn't be too outrageous, no?

Blue Eagle
December 8th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Should be a great game. In the end, NDSU just has TOO MUCH Northern Speed for GaSo.

Bison win 3-2

For sure the Eagles will not win 3 to 2 LOL

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 06:10 PM
If the Bison win next week will you SOCON teams please give up the TO. Getting sick of seeing and hearing about it. LOL!

gsu_paintballer
For sure the Eagles will not win 3 to 2 LOL

Absolutely no way.

marenlee

Bison win 3-2
xlolx Would not surprise me.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I don't see that as controversial. I think everything you say is the truth.

Next week NDSU will see a team that is a little bit better (and faster) than Wofford on offense, but not quite the defensive team that Wofford is. I would expect a game very similar to the game today...only with both teams scoring a little bit more.

Maybe like a 21-14 final.

However, if we lose the ball twice (like last year) I would expect us to lose by 10 or more. I don't see NDSU re-gifting us any turnovers.
Pretty much how I see it. Redzone offense for the Eagles is going to be huge. Obviously if we find ourselves in field goals situations we're not going to win.

Blue Eagle
December 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM
If the Bison win next week will you SOCON teams please give up the TO. Getting sick of seeing and hearing about it. LOL!

Are you related to brian van gorder?

NO WAY!!

We did that once and lived through 4 nightmare years!!

NDSU will have to pass for more than 95 yds to win!!

marenlee
December 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM
The biggest thing GSU can brag about against NDSU right now. They were the last team to score an offensive touchdown against them in the post season. 4 GAMES AGO :D

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 06:22 PM
My thoughts on this game...

1. I can see NDSU winning in another 35-7 type score but that is entirely contingent on us killing ourselves with penalties, poor red zone offense, and fumbles.

2. If we have the lead at the beginning of the fourth quarter we will win. IMO the NDSU defense was gassed in the fourth quarter against Wofford. Next week will be another workout for the Bison D.

3. It will be interesting to see what NDSU does defensively against the option because if they do it the same way they did last year they will get gashed. Don't think the NDSU defensive coaches will be foolish enough to play the Jaybo offense the same way they play the McKinnon offense.

Cleets
December 8th, 2012, 06:28 PM

1. I can see NDSU winning in another 35-7 type score but that is entirely contingent on us killing ourselves with penalties, poor red zone offense, and fumbles.

2. If we have the lead at the beginning of the fourth quarter we will win. IMO the NDSU defense was gassed in the fourth quarter against Wofford. Next week will be another workout for the Bison D.

3. It will be interesting to see what NDSU does defensively against the option because if they do it the same way they did last year they will get gashed. Don't think the NDSU defensive coaches will be foolish enough to play the Jaybo offense the same way they play the McKinnon offense.

NDSU seems to be VERY well coached
The option in pretty much any form does not seem to phase them
The onus is on GSU to do something different / Not NDSU / Because that was a complete throttling last year

Houndawg
December 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM

Probably something to this - I doubt the Bison defense has spent more time on the field than the offense in any of their games. I know that they were on the field less than 20 minutes against SIU. I reckon that GS will try to make those Bison d linemen run as much as they can.

Da Bison
December 8th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I wonder if this thread will have more posts than the ISU-EWU game thread by the end of that game?

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 06:47 PM
"buttLastyear..."

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I think our offense will be able to move the ball against GSU. I think we win the TOP again, if we do not turn the ball over (pick sixes) we should win again. Wofford actually won the TOP today. Their defense was stout, better then I thought it would be, better then GSU's IMO. Again, all centers on turnovers, our offense doesn't help GSU we should be OK.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I think our offense will be able to move the ball against GSU. I think we win the TOP again, if we do not turn the ball over (pick sixes) we should win again. Wofford actually won the TOP today. Their defense was stout, better then I thought it would be, better then GSU's IMO. Again, all centers on turnovers, our offense doesn't help GSU we should be OK.

Their defense probably is better than ours, but it should be pointed out that your offense ain't ODU's. Not even close. Sorry.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Can't wait for another great game. I think the 12th man will play a large role in a Bison win. I don't expect to win big like last year but I am thinking around a 10 point spread.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 07:07 PM
"buttLastyear..."

Third year in a row to the Semi's for GSU.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Their defense probably is better than ours, but it should be pointed out that your offense ain't ODU's. Not even close. Sorry.

Never said our offense was ODU's did I?

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Third year in a row to the Semi's for GSU.

I know, trust me. Just making the projection for the general Bison argument for the next 100+ pages...

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
After talking with an App Stater that joined us to watch the game in Charlotte, I'd say we're looking at a 31-13 game (missed PAT) for NDSU's return to Frisco. GaSo's defense doesn't have the ability to slow the Bison O like Wofford did today. Also, unlike last year, the Bison D will have 2 straight weeks of facing the Triple Option. We held GaSo to 200-or-so yds last year with only 1 week of prep.

frozennorth
December 8th, 2012, 07:30 PM
how does GSU's Oline compare to woffords?

BisonBabe
December 8th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Okay I want to get in early and extend a welcome to all the GSU fans that make the trip up to Fargo this next week. Would love to get together with some of you for drinks/supper and then tailgating as well. For those who made it up here last year you know we are a friendly bunch and you will be treated well.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:31 PM
After talking with an App Stater that joined us to watch the game in Charlotte, I'd say we're looking at a 31-13 game (missed PAT) for NDSU's return to Frisco. GaSo's defense doesn't have the ability to slow the Bison O like Wofford did today. Also, unlike last year, the Bison D will have 2 straight weeks of facing the Triple Option. We held GaSo to 200-or-so yds last year with only 1 week of prep.

Of course. We should concede now. Thanks for the input.

Kill'em
December 8th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I know NDSU has a great defense and Heagle killed us. I also know our kickers should be publicly hung in Sweetheart Circle and our passing game is nowhere, compared to last year. And while nobody is saying our secondary is great, our defensive strength is in the line. They need to stop the run and pressure the QB, which they do very well. And for cryin' out loud, we must NOT turn the ball over and commit these stupid penalties.

Yeah, the popular thought is that we have no chance, and maybe this is justified. Remember, we aren't a intramural football team.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM

Wait. The ODU offense is arguably better than the NDSU offense. And we came up with some stops today. Don't bank on your O. Bank on your D.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Of course. We should concede now. Thanks for the input.

Relax schmuck. I'm basing a projection on what I saw in person during last year's semifinal, the respected opinion of a SoCon poster on AGS, and watching GaSo and the Bison play their respective games this year.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Last year = irrelevant (different teams now)
Opinion of others = irrelevant.
Performance this year = marginally relevant.

DJKyR0
December 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Yeah, the popular thought is that we have no chance, and maybe this is justified. Remember, we aren't a intramural football team.

Can we not start with this kind of crap? Hearing the fake "let's not even show up" is so old, especially after hearing it from Wofford fans all last week. You guys will come in with a chip on your shoulder from last year and play with some fire. We need to replicate the success we had last year and catch one or two lucky breaks that helped put us up four scores in last year's semis.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Last year is not a reason for us to think we have this one in the bag. Or even close to the bag. We have to come out and play some damn good defense to stop a team that ran for 602(+/-10, Idk exactly) today in the quarterfinals. We know for sure that we're playing a good football team. I am banking on our defense and worried about our offense. Either way, this is going to be a great game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Haven't even looked at this thread and it is at 8 pages already.....xthumbsupx

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Can we not start with this kind of crap? Hearing the fake "let's not even show up" is so old, especially after hearing it from Wofford fans all last week.

Wonder if that comes from the way NDSU fans talk.... all. the. time.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2012, 07:47 PM
There is a good chance I'm going to have to take a break from AGS this week...haha.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Last year is not a reason for us to think we have this one in the bag. Or even close to the bag. We have to come out and play some damn good defense to stop a team that ran for 602(+/-10, Idk exactly) today in the quarterfinals. We know for sure that we're playing a good football team. I am banking on our defense and worried about our offense. Either way, this is going to be a great game.

Well when it comes to the option, NDSU proved last year that a well coached, well disciplined team that plays good assignment football can iron that wrinkle right out. NDSU has played passing teams, running teams, balanced teams, you name it. The TO doesn't phase them. That's why last year matters.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Well when it comes to the option, NDSU proved last year that a well coached, well disciplined team that plays good assignment football can iron that wrinkle right out. NDSU has played passing teams, running teams, balanced teams, you name it. The TO doesn't phase them. That's why last year matters.

No it doesn't.

Last year we were a DOUBLE option team. Jaybo wasn't a legitimate running threat. McKinnon is this year.

gsu1moretime
December 8th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Third time is a charm.. third year in semi's and third game vs ndsu. Georgia Southern Defense is better than last year, I think if the line for southern can do anything and get swope going should be a great game. Brent Davis needs to not do anything stupid with the play calling. score in the 10s 14-13 southern wins...

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM

"...but last year" xlolx

Teams have occasionally caught lightning in a bottle against us...it happens.

Good luck. xthumbsupx

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
No it doesn't.

Last year we were a DOUBLE option team. Jaybo wasn't a legitimate running threat. McKinnon is this year.

Of course the passing has fallen off some from last year.

gsu2583
buttWofford

buttLastyear

either works.

gsu2583
Of course the passing has fallen off some from last year.

What are we, 9-0 when we don't complete a pass?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM
No it doesn't.

Oh, well then ****. GSU by 20 at least then. I'm not even going to watch.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/63/6341/41P7100Z/posters/one-louder-these-go-to-11-music-poster.jpg

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
"...but last year" xlolx

Teams have occasionally caught lightning in a bottle against us...it happens.

Good luck. xthumbsupx
LMAO
I also feel like we underestimated NDSU last year and payed for it. No way we're doing that this time.

In fact the tables may have turned.....xninjax

BisonBabe
December 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM
LMAO
I also feel like we underestimated NDSU last year and payed for it. No way we're doing that this time.

In fact the tables may have turned.....

Coach Bohl will not let our boys underestimate GSU. It will be a barn burner .... I predict it will be a long week and this thread will grow faster than the Bison / Wofford thread did.

GSUEagles#1
December 8th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I know NDSU has a great defense and Heagle killed us. I also know our kickers should be publicly hung in Sweetheart Circle and our passing game is nowhere, compared to last year. And while nobody is saying our secondary is great, our defensive strength is in the line. They need to stop the run and pressure the QB, which they do very well. And for cryin' out loud, we must NOT turn the ball over and commit these stupid penalties.

About the penalties today, some were a little questionable, BUT I think a lot of players (especially against Heineke) would rather take a 15-yard PI call than to watch the receiver run to the endzone.

CommishBigSmooth
December 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM

I'm curious how the NDSU defense was "gassed" in the fourth quarter. A blocked field goal, stop inside the 10 yard line on fourth and short, and end of game stop. No points given up. I know Wofford had the one big pass play and EB had a 13/14 yard run in the quarter but I'm not sure how they were "gassed". If the Bison D was tired, I wouldn't have guessed it.

eaglesrthe1
December 8th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Was much more concerned about the ODU o this week than I am about the NDSU d next week. I like the Eagles chances.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I think only ONE of the PI calls was BS. The one against JJ.

In our favor this year:
1. Been to Fargo before
2. Field turf instead of carpet this time.
3. McKinnon
4. Revenge?
5. Underdog

Against us:
1. Tough D.
2. Can't kick a FG for s*&t.
3. 2nd option team in a row for NDSU.
4. Packer reject uniforms.
5. Fans can color coordinate the stands.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Was much more concerned about the ODU o this week than I am about the NDSU d next week. I like the Eagles chances.

Yeah that's the thing.

I feel like we match up to NDSU's strength's much better than we did ODU.If it wasn't for the fact that we got licked last year I actually think we might even be slightly favored (or at least a road toss up). As it is we know we're in for a tough one. Monken's going to have these boys taking these Bison's much more seriously than we did last year, when we we're too busy lamenting that we didn't have another home game and not focusing on the Semis.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 08:26 PM

To be honest I was a lot more concerned about facing ODU offense. Option teams have a very poor record vs NDSU.

Sent from my MB886

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM
To be honest I was a lot more concerned about facing ODU offense. Option teams have a very poor record vs NDSU.

Sent from my MB886

This. My whole section was cheering for Ga. Southern.

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Fun fact of the day, NDSU's defense has given up 12 td in 13 games...Impressive...good luck Eagles.

OrygunBison
December 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I like pork chops.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I like pork chops.

I love lamp.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I think only ONE of the PI calls was BS. The one against JJ.
blah blah blah

4. Packer reject uniforms.

NDSU had those colors before the Packers existed.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 08:44 PM
NDSU had those colors before the Packers existed.

Uh... yup. Left my give-a-s*&%t in my other pants.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM

This IS going to be a fun week.

I can throw the **** back with the best of them.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM
This IS going to be a fun week.

I can throw the **** back with the best of them.

Certainly hope so. :)

Really I think most people expect us to lose. My head says one thing, my heart says another about the outcome. So I am approaching this game with a little bit more of a fun attitude compared to last year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM

Bison 38-17

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Bison 38-17

The OTHER pants I said...

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah that's the thing.

I feel like we match up to NDSU's strength's much better than we did ODU.If it wasn't for the fact that we got licked last year I actually think we might even be slightly favored (or at least a road toss up). As it is we know we're in for a tough one. Monken's going to have these boys taking these Bison's much more seriously than we did last year, when we we're too busy lamenting that we didn't have another home game and not focusing on the Semis.

xeyebrowx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 08:56 PM
xeyebrowx

Yeah, I'm not sure how a team that is giving up more than 140 ypg and is giving up more than twice the points per game could be favored over their opponent regardless of what happened last year.

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how a team that is giving up more than 140 ypg and is giving up more than twice the points per game could be favored over their opponent regardless of what happened last year.

buttGeorgiaBama..... xthumbsupx

I'll bring the face paint again and freely supply the student section.

straightshooter
December 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
No it doesn't.

Big difference is McKinnon's 4.38 speed and Jaybo's 4.7. Monken has repeatedly said that this year's team is totally different from the 2011 team. The Eagles don't pass the ball as well this year, but the skill players running the offense are noticeably faster than in the two previous years. It probably just looks that way because McKinnon is much faster/quicker than Shaw. The Bison will have to adjust to that speed difference. Look for GSU to have something in mind for the safety coming up to take the QB like last year too. I can assure you that the coaches have a plan for that.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Any word yet on Friday night vs. Saturday afternoon for the game?

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM

SOCON>

You guys have established yourselves amonst the best don't get me wrong but you still play in the MVC. Your defensive stats your so proud of would take a sharp dip if you played a real FBS opponent and in a tougher conference

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Big difference is McKinnon's 4.38 speed and Jaybo's 4.7. Monken has repeatedly said that this year's team is totally different from the 2011 team. The Eagles don't pass the ball as well this year, but the skill players running the offense are noticeably faster than in the two previous years. It probably just looks that way because McKinnon is much faster/quicker than Shaw. Look for GSU to have something in mind for the safety coming up to take the QB like last year.

Unless you guys found some WAY better blockers, expect your triple option to have a few more people in the backfield than you anticipated.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I don't think it's so much about 4.3 vs. 4.7. Jaybo ran when he HAD to run. He runs like old people f*&^!

McKinnon runs/cuts/jukes better than Jaybo. It's just nice that he's faster.

BisonFan02
Big difference is McKinnon's 4.38 speed and Jaybo's 4.7. Monken has repeatedly said that this year's team is totally different from the 2011 team. The Eagles don't pass the ball as well this year, but the skill players running the offense are noticeably faster than in the two previous years. It probably just looks that way because McKinnon is much faster/quicker than Shaw. The Bison will have to adjust to that speed difference. Look for GSU to have something in mind for the safety coming up to take the QB like last year too. I can assure you that the coaches have a plan for that.

I think some of the best success GSU had last year was throwing the ball....going to need balance on O.

NoDak 4 Ever
SOCON>

Really? The only thing the Socon has been better than this year is the CAA. BFD.

0-2 against the MVFC soon to be 0-3

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I think some of the best success GSU had last year was throwing the ball....going to need balance on O.

That's what I remember about last year's game was that GaSo was able to at least move the ball because of Jaybo's timely passes.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Really? The only thing the Socon has been better than this year is the CAA. BFD.

0-2 against the MVFC soon to be 0-3
Please don't deny that that playing in the MVFC and the worst possible FBS opponent you can find doesn't add up favorably compared to everybody else. You insult both our itellengences

I'm really curious to see how yall handle Kstate next year.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Please don't deny that that playing in the MVFC and the worst possible FBS opponent you can find doesn't add up favorably compared to everybody else. You insult both our itellengences

Oh geez, here it comes...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2012, 09:07 PM

Personally, I can't wait but there is other business to attend to.

Do you deny that the SoCon is now winless against the MVFC in this year's playoffs?

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Oh geez, here it comes...
Somebody had to get it going ;)
I just get tired of them waving their stats around like their all world. They're pretty d@mn good maybe even the best but it's been the freaking elephant in the room the last 2 years. They beat up on inferior competition in the regular season and then they get to face comparable competition with one hell of a home field advantage. What's the last real road test they've really had Illinois State?

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 09:14 PM

Jeeses fennin criminy not this ***** again. If I here about y'alls speed one more time I'm gonna throw up!

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I responded to that comment in 4.2 seconds.

Burn...

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Personally, I can't wait but there is other business to attend to.

Do you deny that the SoCon is now winless against the MVFC in this year's playoffs?

Illinois state was a bit fluky (watch the replay) I'll take App 4 times out of 6 in a rematch. Wofford just played you a pretty tough game at your place where almost nobody wins.

Look you know us SOCON heads are stubborn as an @ss when it comes to this topic. Your not going to convince us your conference is better.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Illinois state was a bit fluky (watch the replay) I'll take App 4 times out of 6 in a rematch. Wofford just played you a pretty tough game at your place where almost nobody wins.

Look you know us SOCON heads are stubborn as an @ss when it comes to this topic. Your not going to convince us your conference is better.

That's funny. NDSU's two losses over the past two years were both at home. NDSU's last road loss was against EWU in the post season.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
That's funny. NDSU's two losses over the past two years were both at home. NDSU's last road loss was against EWU in the post season.
Yeah that's kind of my point. The schedule is somewhat designed for yall to coast through the regular and even if yall stumble (as yall did this year) everybody from the Big Sky to CAA and Socon is going to have at least 2 by then. Your team is legit (I don't want to imply that it is not, how the f^ck could I) but not alot of teams are going to hang with you in your place.

Its going to take some luck but we definitely have the personnel to do this

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Jeeses fennin criminy not this ***** again. If I here about y'alls speed one more time I'm gonna throw up!

It is true... Shaw had about 400 yds rushing last year, McKinnon 1600+ this year... Same basic offense but run entirely differently.

Different team, different year, different players- same goes for you.

Vitojr130
December 8th, 2012, 09:23 PM

It appears as though NDSU is undefeated against the SoCon since we made the jump to FCS. We are 2-0 against the supposed powerhouse, GSU, and 1-0 against Wofford. Also, our conference mates ISUr beat ASU last weekend. You have absolutely no argument to justify placing the SoCon above the MVFC for the past few years now. Thanks for playin' though. The road to a 1000 page thread goes through the Fargodome channeled by GSU!

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:24 PM
It appears as though NDSU is not undefeated against the SoCon since we made the jump to FCS. We are 2-0 against the supposed powerhouse, GSU, and 1-0 against Wofford. Also, our conference mates ISUr beat ASU last weekend. You have absolutely no argument to justify placing the SoCon above the MVFC for the past few years now. Thanks for playin' though. The road to a 1000 page thread goes through the Fargodome channeled by GSU!

Again with the pounding of the chest over the 2006 win with BRIAN VANGORDER at the helm? We lost to DII Central Ark. that year too. How's that make your win look now? We went 3 and M-F 8 that year.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Oh, and one more thing perhaps a little off topic...

The media and coaches (SID's) in the SoCon are f-ing morons. Jerick McKinnon was NOT all conference.... What a f-ing joke.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 09:26 PM
If there were ever two fan bases that deserve each other it would be Georgia Southern University and North Dakota State University. If posts on an Internet message board could be taxed, we would have a 3 trillion dollar reserve in this country because of your zeal. Y'all have fun!

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
You guy's also love to use comparables, yall alowed about a 100 more yards to Wofford (plus their 3rd string QB) than we did a month or so ago.

Southern's defense is good enough to compliment it's offense and hang with yours. Don't let today against a far superior offense make you think otherwise.

GSUEagles#1
December 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM
It appears as though NDSU is undefeated against the SoCon since we made the jump to FCS. We are 2-0 against the supposed powerhouse, GSU, and 1-0 against Wofford. Also, our conference mates ISUr beat ASU last weekend. You have absolutely no argument to justify placing the SoCon above the MVFC for the past few years now. Thanks for playin' though. The road to a 1000 page thread goes through the Fargodome channeled by GSU!

Doesn't everyone realize it is a NEW year and a NEW season? If you are basing what will happen on Saturday (or I guess possibly Friday) then I guess we need to bring up Bama and how many yards we had against the National Champion on the FBS level....

Also News Flash.... We BEAT Wofford (you know that team that gave you a run for your money today) Ya only 17-9, but our defense held them most of the game.

Any Given Saturday...... Did I honestly thing GSU could pull off the win today? umm no, but a few miscues by ODU and we pulled away.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Also ask yourself who's more comparable to whom. Georgia Southern and Wofford's defenses

or

NDSU and ODU's on offense?

Yep.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Friday 7pm Central is the time set for the game.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:36 PM

Damn...

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:36 PM

I've never watched Southern on a non saturday. It's going to feel strange but excited non the less.

gsu2583
December 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Swope, I'm worried about him. Banged up and not much time to rest.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Damn...

Well you can spin that 100 different ways. We have less time to rest, they have less time to prepare for our version of the T.O. Only thing we can do is play our game.

dungeonjoe
December 8th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Doesn't everyone realize it is a NEW year and a NEW season? If you are basing what will happen on Saturday (or I guess possibly Friday) then I guess we need to bring up Bama and how many yards we had against the National Champion on the FBS level....

Also News Flash.... We BEAT Wofford (you know that team that gave you a run for your money today) Ya only 17-9, but our defense held them most of the game.

Any Given Saturday...... Did I honestly thing GSU could pull off the win today? umm no, but a few miscues by ODU and we pulled away.
GSU can win, IF their defense plays lights out and their offense puts 21 points on the board. NDSU won't play sloppy like ODU did. If it is a Saturday game, there is essentially a touchdown on the board already with the crowd involvement. I am not sure how it would be on a Friday night.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM
The Friday night prime time game will be on ESPN2 and will be on in just about every bar and restaurant in the country. Here's to a good game and a good showing for FCS playoff football to the nation.

bullitt_60
December 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Any word yet on Friday night vs. Saturday afternoon for the game?

It has to be the Friday night espn2 game. No way they are going to put that red turf on national tv.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2012, 09:54 PM
So, my thoughts on FCS Playoffs Semifinals? NDSU has beaten 2 of the 3 teams left. Hopefully EWU can get SHSU and we get GSU so that we can beat the last one we haven't beat, EWU.

Now, that said, it's ANY GIVEN FRIDAY, let's do this ****!

Sidenote: The bastards of the NCAA are making me burn a day of leave to get to this game.

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Bison 38-17
Sweet...your 31-6 prediction worked so well. xthumbsupx

:D

Sam I Am
December 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM
It has to be the Friday night espn2 game. No way they are going to put that red turf on national tv.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/scores/live/scoreboardreal.aspx?season=2012,type=Regular,week= 16

Friday, December 14, 2012
8:00 PM ET 6 Ga Southern 10-3 at 1 North Dakota St 12-1 Preview | Matchup TV: ESPN 2
FCS Playoffs - Semifinals - Gate City Bank Field/Fargodome

Saturday, December 15, 2012
4:00 PM ET 5 Sam Houston St 10-3 at 4 Eastern Wash 11-2 Preview | Matchup TV: ESPN U
FCS Playoffs - Semifinals - Roos Field

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM

Which channel(s) is ESPN going to use to broadcast the games? Or will they be only on ESPN3?

Ivytalk
December 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
24-21 Bison in epic battle.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Which channel(s) is ESPN going to use to broadcast the games? Or will they be only on ESPN3?

ESPN2

bullitt_60
December 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM
28-14 Eagles, but only if they score two more touchdowns than the Bison.

YournotBentrim
December 8th, 2012, 10:01 PM
If this game is close at halftime, Advantage NDSU. Bohl is the master of the halftime adjustment.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2012, 10:02 PM
After watching NDSU/Wofford today, I think this game will be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
December 8th, 2012, 10:03 PM
The Sagarin ratings have the MVFC as the best conference in the FCS. Nobody says we are all world, just that we have the best defense in the FCS.

I just get tired of them waving their stats around like their all world. They're pretty d@mn good maybe even the best but it's been the freaking elephant in the room the last 2 years. They beat up on inferior competition in the regular season and then they get to face comparable competition with one hell of a home field advantage. What's the last real road test they've really had Illinois State?

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Go ahead GSU fans and talk the talk, but thats all it will be unless you prove otherwise!

YournotBentrim
December 8th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Bottom line is there are no dogs when you get to the final four, dont play your game or make one mistake too many and your done.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I think one can throw the defensive rushing numbers of the regular season out the window. Don't get me wrong, they have the best rush defense in the country, but they played some bad or overrated rush attacks IMO

In other words, they played 3 BAD OOC teams, 4 conference teams that were in the bottom 30 in rushing, and 2 more teams that rushed the ball well, but had each had one running back carry the load for 90% of the rush yards (and in the case of SDSU, had a hot-and-cold year of running over bad teams but performing poorly against good ones)

So, in my opinion, all bets are off next week. NDSU could very well shut down GSU, they've shown they have the coaching do so in the past. But at the same time, it would not surprise me if GSU went ham as it were. McKinnon is a far better runner than Shaw and it will be really hard for NDSU to scheme against that. GSU isn't Wofford, they use the pitch game and the perimeter effectively, and although Swope isn't as good as Breitenstein, he's still a very very good running back.

If GSU doesn't try to get to fancy, I like them to win this game.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Go ahead GSU fans and talk the talk, but thats all it will be unless you prove otherwise!
I don't usually get to say this kind of thing about one of my teams but.......we do have 6 rings :D

bullitt_60
December 8th, 2012, 10:09 PM

Thanks for installing proper turf in your gymnasium.

gsu_paintballer
December 8th, 2012, 10:09 PM

None of us play football.

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM

...and what do you expect with all the jaw jacking coming from your fans? xlolx

bullitt_60
December 8th, 2012, 10:10 PM

Thank god for that. My dad described me as "slow with hands of stone". Thanks pop. :)

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:11 PM
The Sagarin ratings have the MVFC as the best conference in the FCS. Nobody says we are all world, just that we have the best defense in the FCS.
And I care about these rankings why? Who besides NDSU is a year in and out threat?

Bisonator
December 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Passing offense - advantage Bison
Rushing offense - advantage Eagles
Passing defense - advantage Bison
Rushing defense - advantage Bison
Special teams - advantage Bison
Coaching - draw
Southern speed - advantage Eagles
Smack talk - draw

Should be a great one. GO BISON!!!!

frozennorth
December 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
SOCON>

You guys have established yourselves amonst the best don't get me wrong but you still play in the MVC. Your defensive stats your so proud of would take a sharp dip if you played a real FBS opponent and in a tougher conference
i wonder how much better ndsu would look if they played in a patty-cake league like the socon

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 10:14 PM
No it doesn't.

Are you really that big of Dbag or do you just play one on here?

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I don't usually get to say this kind of thing about one of my teams but.......we do have 6 rings :D

Three more and you'll be in our ranks...keep it to the upcoming game.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:16 PM
i wonder how much better ndsu would look if they played in a patty-cake league like the socon

You'd hate it. You don't get to schedule bottom dweller WAC and Mountain West teams.xrotatehx

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for installing proper turf in your gymnasium.

Weak, certainly you can do better then that.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I think the SoCon and the MVC are on roughly the same level this year. They just play different kinds of football. I think Wofford could have beaten any other team in the MVC but NDSU (clearly). I could say the same of GSU.

Southern Swarm
Three more and you'll be in our ranks...keep it to the upcoming game.

psss you need 5 more sonny this isn't d2 and Junior college or wherever your first three "rings" came from.

BisonBohl

Neither do the Coaches...you know what I meant but go ahead and be a dick.

frozennorth
December 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM

if you win it this year you'll only be two behind. xcoffeex

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
...and what do you expect with all the jaw jacking coming from your fans? xlolx

I expect it, just clearly stating that if ya wanna go to Frisco, gotta come to Fargo to do it.

Good Luck

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I think the SoCon and the MVC are on roughly the same level this year. They just play different kinds of football. I think Wofford could have beaten any other team in the MVC but NDSU (clearly). I could say the same of GSU.

Any Given Satuday...

bullitt_60
December 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Weak, certainly you can do better then that.

I've been drinking since 3, so no I really can't.

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I've been drinking since 3, so no I really can't.

Fair excuse, you get a pass this time!

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:25 PM

It's a played out argument but I think it's the teams like this year's Chattanoogas,Samfords and Citadel that make SOCON just that much better. Everybody knows about App, GSU and Wofford but it's the middle range teams that make winning in this conference just a wee bit tougher. The only gimmie (imo) is Western Carolina and most conferences have 2 to 4 teams of that caliber they can beat up on.

Old Guy
December 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM
SOCON>

You guys have established yourselves amonst the best don't get me wrong but you still play in the MVC. Your defensive stats [U]your[U] (SIC) so proud of would take a sharp dip if you played a real FBS opponent and in a tougher conference

While the FBS Playoffs are not a "conference" it does supposedly pit the best against the best regardless of what conference they come from. How did the SoCon conference teams come out after the playoffs were over? Any SoCon team left standing? No? Why was that? Maybe they weren't FBS caliber?

So you admit that Georgia Southern wasn't a real FBS-level opponent last year? Who knew?

And the 38-17 defeat of GS was a dip in Bison performance? Right?

Just wondering....

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
This is going to be another good game... or let me re-phrase. Last year, I thought it was going to be good, but NDSU put GSU to bed wet. So let's HOPE this time around it will be closer. But something tells me GSU will again look like a bunch of children playing against men. They have problems with top-ranked Defenses.

Baldy
December 8th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I expect it, just clearly stating that if ya wanna go to Frisco, gotta come to Fargo to do it.

Good Luck
Looking forward to it. xthumbsupx

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
It's a played out argument but I think it's the teams like this year's Chattanoogas,Samfords and Citadel that make SOCON just that much better. Everybody knows about App, GSU and Wofford but it's the middle range teams that make winning in this conference just a wee bit tougher. The only gimmie (imo) is Western Carolina and most conferences have 2 to 4 teams of that caliber they can beat up on.

You do realize a middle of the pack MVFC team beat Pitt by 14 points?

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:38 PM
While the FBS Playoffs are not a "conference" it does supposedly pit the best against the best regardless of what conference they come from. How did the SoCon conference teams come out after the playoffs were over? Any SoCon team left standing? No? Why was that? Maybe they weren't FBS caliber?

So you admit that Georgia Southern wasn't a real FBS-level opponent last year? Who knew?

And the 38-17 defeat of GS was a dip in Bison performance? Right?

Just wondering....

You play in an overall inferior conference and you schedule cupcake FBS teams. These are just my opinions you can ignore them I don't care.... but no, just stats wise I think NDSU would see a sharp dropoff in defensive stats if they played or schedules. That doesn't prove that NDSU doesn't have the best defense by any means but please don't throw out X stat and then try to say that equals your defense being X better.

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 10:40 PM
You play in an overall inferior conference and you schedule cupcake FBS teams. These are just my opinions you can ignore them I don't care.... but no, just stats wise I think NDSU would see a sharp dropoff in defensive stats if they played or schedules. That doesn't prove that NDSU doesn't have the best defense by any means but please don't throw out X stat and then try to say that equals your defense being X better.

Some must have just got some hair on his nuts.

TwoFeathers
December 8th, 2012, 10:41 PM
psss you need 5 more sonny this isn't d2 and Junior college or wherever your first three "rings" came from.

Here we go... typical Ga Southern fans trying to make up for the *** whippin they received the last 2 years in the semis by referencing the 6 national titles. Those 6 titles and a buck fitty will get you a warm bowl of soup if you don't show up again next week. Live in the past much??

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 10:41 PM

What are you??? "TheFan" of GSU?

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:42 PM
You do realize a middle of the pack MVFC team beat Pitt by 14 points?

Pitt was pretty d@mn bad to start this year so while I recognize it as an FCS accomplishment lets not build them a freaking statue or anything. SOCON would undoubtedly have more FBS wins throughout the years if we could challenge the Sun Belt or Conference USA teams like you guys get to do out west but they won't play us so instead we bang our heads on the SEC (sometimes ACC) wall.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:43 PM
What are you??? "TheFan" of GSU?

Hi I'm a football fan on a message board... its nice to meet youxthumbsupx

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Here we go... typical Ga Southern fans trying to make up for the *** whippin they received the last 2 years in the semis by referencing the 6 national titles. Those 6 titles and a buck fitty will get you a warm bowl of soup if you don't show up again next week. Live in the past much??

Okay wasn't YOUR last D2 title like in 1990 so don't sell me that "living in the past" argument after trying to tell me the "you need 3 rings just to catch up" argument xlolx

Gil Dobie

Sound like an Eastern Washington fan in eagle clothing ;)

swaghook
You guys are starting out a little slow with a days less time to get this thread past last years.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Okay wasn't YOUR last D2 title like in 1990 so don't sell me that "living in the past" argument after trying to tell me the you need 3 rings just to catch up argument xlolx

you're conversing with a William & Mary fan FYI.

BisonBohl
December 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM

God your an idiot. Not surprised of your join date, will be nice when your gone after next weekend.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM

A William and Mary fan lecturing GSU fans about bragging about their titles while his team who has no titles sits home for the second playoff in a row whereas GSU is in the round of 4 for the third year in a row..... That's rich.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:49 PM
you're conversing with a William & Mary fan FYI.

Ah got you. (Maybe he should mind his own irrelevant business then) xsmhx

Pretty campus though.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 10:50 PM
There is only 1 former FCS team with a winning record against FBS schools (before they moved to FBS): Nevada (12-8)

New Hampshire (7-5-1), North Dakota St. (5-3), & Delaware (15-11) are the only current programs with a winning record against the FBS.

*Data is based through the 2011 season.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Ah got you. (Maybe he should mind his own irrelevant business then) xsmhx

Since the pool of teams still in the hunt is down to 4, I expect to see many other fans from teams other then those still playing to be dropping in to add their 2 cents. Nothing wrong with that it's what makes these message boards more interesting.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 10:53 PM

This might be the dumbest post in the history of AGS.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:53 PM
God your an idiot. Not surprised of your join date, will be nice when your gone after next weekend.

Gezz did you get your feelings hurt or something who are you?

I used to be Gsu_89 but I pretty much only post during the postseason and I long since lost the account info. Nah you probably won't see me (much) after we're done whether thats a loss or a seventh ring after obligatory "good games" and "we'll get ya next years"

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:54 PM

Ok even I know thats not true.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Since the pool of teams still in the hunt is down to 4, I expect to see many other fans from teams other then those still playing to be dropping in to add their 2 cents. Nothing wrong with that it's what makes these message boards more interesting.

Exactly!! I look forward to see what the Wofford members have to say about this matchup as well as what Cal Poly/MSU members have to say about the SHSU/Ewww game.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Ok even I know thats not true.

You make lakesbison look like a great FCS football mind.

blueballs
December 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM
There is only 1 former FCS team with a winning record against FBS schools (before they moved to FBS): Nevada (12-8)

New Hampshire (7-5-1), North Dakota St. (5-3), & Delaware (15-11) are the only current programs with a winning record against the FBS.

*Data is based through the 2011 season.

Good research there SB...

While all four of those programs are current or past high level FCS programs those records are somewhat a function of who they played... Still got to win the games though.

Southern Swarm
Exactly!! I look forward to see what the Wofford members have to say about this matchup as well as what Cal Poly/MSU members have to say about the SHSU/Ewww game.

That's very true. I didn't mean to imply his imput shouldn't be taken into account (who the heck am I to say that) if not for this very reason that message boards exist, and I prolly overreacted a bit for which I do apologize.

BisonBohl
Gezz did you get your feelings hurt or something who are you?

I used to be Gsu_89 but I pretty much only post during the postseason and I long since lost the account info. Nah you probably won't see me (much) after we're done whether thats a loss or a seventh ring after obligatory "good games" and "we'll get ya next years"

I am football fan on a message board.

swaghook
December 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
So with it being a Friday game who all is going to be coming to Fargo from GSU this time? We enjoyed the company of some of your fan base last year too bad we won't be able to watch a game at BBWs the night before. The bar got loud with the chants from both teams fans.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I am football fan on a message board.

Indeed we are.

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM

Agreed. Who would have thought getting home field advantage meant you were not very good?

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Agreed. Who would have thought getting home field advantage meant you were not very good?

Like every MB argument ever your taking that out of context. Not that I blame you, the original quote goes like 10 pages back but if I was arguing that it would be pretty d@mn stupid especially cause your playing at home.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM

His post was just completely ridiculous. NDSU hasn't lost a road game since 2010 and that was an overtime loss to the eventual national champ. The playoff game before that NDSU ran over Montana State in Bozeman. Plus it isn't like NDSU is just going on the road and beating FBS teams by slim margins...we controlled both games vs MN and CSU.

Plus he is forgetting that NDSU dominated SHSU's offense on a neutral field.

Bison56
December 8th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Like every MB argument ever your taking that out of context. Not that I blame you, the original quote goes like 10 pages back but if I was arguing that it would be pretty d@mn stupid especially cause your playing at home.

From all the posts I have read of yours I wouldnt expect any different.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
From all the posts I have read of yours I wouldnt expect any different.

If thats the best you got....

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:09 PM
His post was just completely ridiculous. NDSU hasn't lost a road game since 2010 and that was an overtime loss to the eventual national champ. The playoff game before that NDSU ran over Montana State in Bozeman. Plus it isn't like NDSU is just going on the road and beating FBS teams by slim margins...we controlled both games vs MN and CSU.

Again context. The argument was against the accumulated stats of THE SEASON for your defense in comparison to GSU and Woffords whom in my opinion have played much tougher schedules this year.

If you take exception to that we'll just have to agree to disagree xnodx

gt_bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Pitt was pretty d@mn bad to start this year so while I recognize it as an FCS accomplishment lets not build them a freaking statue or anything. SOCON would undoubtedly have more FBS wins throughout the years if we could challenge the Sun Belt or Conference USA teams like you guys get to do out west but they won't play us so instead we bang our heads on the SEC (sometimes ACC) wall.

Perhaps a geography lesson would be in order to help you out here, but North Dakota and its three neighboring states include exactly ONE FBS program, and they won't schedule us any more after the invasions of their stadium we've launched the last couple of times. If you expand that to a two-state radius (and let's point out that these are a lot bigger states than out in SoCon country), you pick up three more B1G programs (two of which have been known to struggle against MVFC opponents), a Big XII program, and the two programs in Idaho whose conference affiliations are changing so fast I can't keep up with them (and given the size of Montana, getting to Colorado or Kansas is actually faster/less boring). Our fans like to travel to our FBS games, and our AD respects that. The paycheck to play pretty much any FBS team will be the same, so the AD picks up games where he thinks we can get a good fan turnout if at all possible.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Again context. The argument was against the accumulated stats of THE SEASON for your defense in comparison to GSU and Woffords whom in my opinion have played much tougher schedules this year.

Doesn't matter who played what this year, it will be settled on the field Friday. :)

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Perhaps a geography lesson would be in order to help you out here, but North Dakota and its three neighboring states include exactly ONE FBS program, and they won't schedule us any more after the invasions of their stadium we've launched the last couple of times. If you expand that to a two-state radius (and let's point out that these are a lot bigger states than out in SoCon country), you pick up three more B1G programs (two of which have been known to struggle against MVFC opponents), a Big XII program, and the two programs in Idaho whose conference affiliations are changing so fast I can't keep up with them (and given the size of Montana, getting to Colorado or Kansas is actually faster/less boring). Our fans like to travel to our FBS games, and our AD respects that. The paycheck to play pretty much any FBS team will be the same, so the AD picks up games where he thinks we can get a good fan turnout if at all possible.
Makes sense but I'm not really seeing what your arguing other than that your FBS opponent isn't always within your control. It still doesn't change that they're still pretty comparatively weak.

A good showing at Kstate next year would impress the heck out of me though. They'll likely be rebuilding so its not out of the question.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Doesn't matter who played what this year, it will be settled on the field Friday. :)

Well again what else is a message board for arguing pointless stat debates ;)

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink. The accumulated stats are facts. The Sagarin & Massey rankings are based on a majority of empirical data. We are utilizing facts (accurate, verifiable numbers) in our argument while you offer up opinions.

It's like trying to argue with a liberal and after you've shown the liberal the facts, then they just make personal attacks.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all stink. The accumulated stats are facts. The Sagarin & Massey rankings are based on a majority of empirical data. We are utilizing facts (accurate, verifiable numbers) in our argument while you offer up opinions.

It's like trying to argue with a liberal and after you've shown the liberal the facts, then they just make personal attacks.

See above

And data can be spun and manipulated as politics likes to shows us

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Makes sense but I'm not really seeing what your arguing other than that your FBS opponent isn't always within your control. It still doesn't change that they're still pretty comparatively weak.

A good showing at Kstate next year would impress the heck out of me though. They'll likely be rebuilding so its not out of the question.

Another Bison win on Friday night will help with that as well.

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Well again what else is a message board for arguing pointless stat debates ;)

Civil talk about how teams matchup on different defenses or different offenses. There are lies, damn lies and stats.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Another Bison win on Friday night will help with that as well.

Back to Back rings can go a long way no doubt. We're not rolling over for ya though xcoolx

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 8th, 2012, 11:22 PM
A poor FG team that's pretty one dimensional on offense is not the recipe for success against NDSU in Fargo. At least at first glance....

How's home?

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Wofford is starting to run in the problem with scheduling....kind of.

we're scheduled to play Clemson, Florida State, and Georgia Tech in the future, and maybe a couple more, but that's about it.

South Carolina refuses to schedule us after the last couple games. We're too competitive.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:23 PM

There's a lot of alumni that want Gene to schedule an FBS game that's at least east of the Mississippi by more than 3 blocks every 5-6 years. I know we could knock Duke or Wake Forest around from the ACC or perhaps a C-USA or Big East team.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM

Option teams are only one dimensional if you look at the stats.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Civil talk about how teams matchup on different defenses or different offenses. There are lies, damn lies and stats.

Well it's kind of an extreme example but the stats say Bowling Green is a better defense than LSU. Does anybody think that's true? Of course they don't.

Now back to us If you absolutely made me pick a defense I'd eventually bite my homerism I'd admit that I'd take your defense over ours but I don't believe it's the 28 spots the stats say it is because of the scheduling difference.

Stats in sports we're made for manipulation and none moreso than college football where some teams can go a century without playing each other.

I hope this makes sense :)

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Well it's kind of an extreme example but the stats say Bowling Green is a better defense than LSU. Does anybody think that's true? Of course they don't.

Now back to us If you absolutely made me pick a defense I'd eventually bite my homerism I'd admit that I'd take your defense over ours but I don't believe it's the 28 spots the stats say it is because of the scheduling difference.

That's what my post is saying, stats are worse than lies.

gt_bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:28 PM

A good showing at Kstate would impress the heck out of me though

I suspect that GSU wouldn't do as well against those "comparatively weak" FBS opponents as you think they would. Just the difference in scholarships and facilities makes a huge difference. Good FCS teams lose to meh FBS teams all the time. NDSU's been very fortunate to build up the record they have. Given that it's no secret that the playoff committee places a high value on wins over FBS opponents, I imagine that if your AD thought that you'd be a lock to win over a "comparatively weak" FBS team, he'd be sending the team out to play MAC teams. Or perhaps he figures that the odds aren't so much better to offset the negatives and would just rather pick up a check from UA/AU/GT/U[sic]GA/Clempsen/USCe.

I do think the K St game will be interesting, of course with Klein gone, we'll probably need to see more of the season before there's any way to judge what the game tells us.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:30 PM
That's what my post is saying, stats are worse than lies.

I figured but I coverd my base anyway I've already misunderstood one person.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:32 PM

Stats in sports we're made for manipulation and none moreso than college football where some teams can go a century without playing each other.

I hope this makes sense :)

Sorry, but hold on a second...The great line of ButtBama from last year was started because GaSo fans crowed about the stats they had against the Crimson Tide and screamed that if they can do that, we should've just rolled over. So you can't have it both ways whenever it suits your opinions.

Oh, and thanks for recognizing the D.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I suspect that GSU wouldn't do as well against those "comparatively weak" FBS opponents as you think they would. Just the difference in scholarships and facilities makes a huge difference. Good FCS teams lose to meh FBS teams all the time. NDSU's been very fortunate to build up the record they have. Given that it's no secret that the playoff committee places a high value on wins over FBS opponents, I imagine that if your AD thought that you'd be a lock to win over a "comparatively weak" FBS team, he'd be sending the team out to play MAC teams. Or perhaps he figures that the odds aren't so much better to offset the negatives and would just rather pick up a check from UA/AU/GT/U[sic]GA/Clempsen/USCe.

I do think the K St game will be interesting, of course with Klein gone, we'll probably need to see more of the season before there's any way to judge what the game tells us.
Warning...but Bama coming up :p
There we disagree. After playing a tight 3 qtrs with the eventual national champions in Bama and nearly going into halftime with the lead against UGA (if not for a chop block that game would have been closer longer) I'd love our shot at a Colorado State or Minnesota

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:37 PM
You are fully veresed in the matter of it doesn't matter who played who. Does it matter that we have bitch whipped you twice when we played and you got scared last year and bought the game out?

I'm not saying it matters but who is doing what right now?

gt_bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:38 PM
There's a lot of alumni that want Gene to schedule an FBS game that's at least east of the Mississippi by more than 3 blocks every 5-6 years. I know we could knock Duke or Wake Forest around from the ACC or perhaps a C-USA or Big East team.

Louisville or Cinci could be fun (and not pushovers either…I don't think the Bison need the oomph from FBS wins to get committee respect anymore, so it's not like we need to schedule FBS teams that we think we have at least a 35% chance against). Duke is no longer such an easy win (trust me…I'm also a Georgia Tech grad, and you know things are tough when to get bowl eligible you need to beat a Duke team that's already bowl eligible), and Wake is surrounded by so many FCS programs that will turn up for less than I'd imagine Gene would want for a guarantee given the travel distance.

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Why even bring fbs into this, how bout the 2 times we've played Gorgio State and kicked the f out of them.

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:42 PM
sorry....southern jorja

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Sorry, but hold on a second...The great line of ButtBama from last year was started because GaSo fans crowed about the stats they had against the Crimson Tide and screamed that if they can do that, we should've just rolled over. So you can't have it both ways whenever it suits your opinions.

Oh, and thanks for recognizing the D.
Well that wasn't neccsarilly all me but I'll bite...

Bama defense was and is better than yours you can't (and I know you don't) argue that. We had over 300 yards on them, for all intents and purposes, excluding all other factors they're was no reason to think against you we couldn't do the same.

Problem was as we GSU fans soon learned you can't exclude the other factors, and this MCV team that while we thought tough would eventually sucumb to our "superior talent" didn't happen and I think even the players were blind sided.

I still maintain we play the tougher conference but you (along Sam Houston to be frank) have taught us that regional superiority can be overcome with solid coaching and disciplined play. We knew this was possible but we weren't absolutely convinced that this upstart D2 program was of the caliber yall turned out to be. (home field doesn't hurt either as I was arguing)

I think we'll be more prepared this time around but only Friday can tell.

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:45 PM
In all retrospect, GSU was the last team I wanted to play. You people are just good ****s and passionate about football, that's what I like.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:46 PM
You are fully veresed in the matter of it doesn't matter who played who. Does it matter that we have bitch whipped you twice when we played and you got scared last year and bought the game out?

I'm not saying it matters but who is doing what right now?

You whipped us once, that first time we we're on vacation ;)

gt_bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Warning...but Bama coming up :p
There we disagree. After playing a tight 3 qtrs with the eventual national champions in Bama and nearly going into halftime with the lead against UGA (if not for a chop block that game would have been closer longer) I'd love our shot at a Colorado State or Minnesota

Games are 60 minutes long for a reason, and that's when depth and facilities start to get the better of you. Come back after you beat an AQ conference team or two and we can talk about it some more. I would also say that the "looking ahead" factor played a significant role in buttBama and buttTheFirst18MinutesAgainstGeorgie. (I so would have liked to see the Eagles beat the Dwags since my Jackets get it done so rarely.)

sgt smash
December 8th, 2012, 11:49 PM
My favorite part of today was when Southern Swarm jumped all over the W&M fan for calling him out on living in the past, thinking it was a Bison fan.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:49 PM
In all retrospect, GSU was the last team I wanted to play. You people are just good ****s and passionate about football, that's what I like.
I have to admit I d@mn sure glad we beat em' but ODU's offense against the NDSU defense is something in an alternative world I wouldn't mind seeing. That Heinike guy just amazes me. FCS QBs shouldn't be able to hit the angles he does.

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:50 PM
You whipped us once, that first time we we're on vacation ;)

I am one of the ones that believe the first game was a whipping. The score might have been 35-7 last year, but that was a 1 score game.

Were you there?

Southern Bison
Louisville or Cinci could be fun (and not pushovers either…I don't think the Bison need the oomph from FBS wins to get committee respect anymore, so it's not like we need to schedule FBS teams that we think we have at least a 35% chance against). Duke is no longer such an easy win (trust me…I'm also a Georgia Tech grad, and you know things are tough when to get bowl eligible you need to beat a Duke team that's already bowl eligible), and Wake is surrounded by so many FCS programs that will turn up for less than I'd imagine Gene would want for a guarantee given the travel distance.

I know that there are 650 alumni in the Carolinas and more than that in Del/Mar/VA. Add in the other states within 6-8 hrs and we could represent on the East Coast rather well...better than 1/2 the FBS schools that would travel that distance for a game. At the same time, it opens up the potential for a HS star in the region to take notice of NDSU and perhaps reach out to Bohl for a spot on a future roster.

Southern Swarm
My favorite part of today was when Southern Swarm jumped all over the W&M fan for calling him out on living in the past, thinking it was a Bison fan.
Well I was arguing with a Bison fan and saw yellow and just kind of assumed. You'll forgive if I'm trying to argue with like 5 NDSU fans at once.

word
December 8th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I have to admit I d@mn sure glad we beat em' but ODU's offense against the NDSU defense is something in an alternative world I wouldn't mind seeing. That Heinike guy just amazes me. FCS QBs shouldn't be able to hit the angles he does.

watched the game while tailgating...that guy would scare any team. I'll be honest, i thought we'd do alot better again him than you.

Southern Swarm
December 8th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Games are 60 minutes long for a reason, and that's when depth and facilities start to get the better of you. Come back after you beat an AQ conference team or two and we can talk about it some more. I would also say that the "looking ahead" factor played a significant role in buttBama and buttTheFirst18MinutesAgainstGeorgie. (I so would have liked to see the Eagles beat the Dwags since my Jackets get it done so rarely.)

Well again your not going to get alot of AQ respect points from me (not that you care :p) for beating lower tier FBS teams. While SOCON teams play the AQ teams the other conferences tend to avoid it like the plague (mad props to Sam Houston by the way scheduling two)

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM

After watching Heinicke again today, my only thought is why isn't he getting a full-ride with an FBS program?