Go Kats!

What do they charge per ticket?

Southern Swarm
December 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Can't wait to buy them from ya:p

(i kid i kid)

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
I paid $45 for some and $30 for the others.

BisonBohl
December 3rd, 2012, 07:59 PM
Howdy Coach, how ya been?

HannahO
December 3rd, 2012, 09:06 PM
I paid $45 for some and $30 for the others.

So are you intending to scalp them if your team doesn't make it to the Chipper?

I guess I don't get the whole NDSU and SHSU fan base buying up all the available tickets months before the playoffs even start. Doesn't the NCAA reserve blocks of tickets for each school that actually makes it in to the contest? When we played Delaware, it seemed like we had to wait for a couple of days for them to figure seating and then they put them on sale, but this year the site says they are sold out already. In the event we make it in and as a parent of a player, I'd be upset if I can't get my family tickets (particularly since some Texas A&M grads would be coming from the East coast to make the Cotton Bowl a double header!).

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM

I guess I don't get the whole NDSU and SHSU fan base buying up all the available tickets months before the playoffs even start. Doesn't the NCAA reserve blocks of tickets for each school that actually makes it in to the contest? When we played Delaware, it seemed like we had to wait for a couple of days for them to figure seating and then they put them on sale, but this year the site says they are sold out already. In the event we make it in and as a parent of a player, I'd be upset if I can't get my family tickets (particularly since some Texas A&M grads would be coming from the East coast to make the Cotton Bowl a double header!).

Participating teams get 4,000 tix each.
NDSU uses a priority point system for allocating tickets. Many people arent high enough in points to get tickets. So this year when the tixs became available for the NC fans bought tham at 30 each as insurance.

BisonBabe
December 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Each school receives x amount of tickets I think it is like 4000. So those ticket are not available to be purchased through the NCAA site. All other seating was up for grabs to whomever was gutsy enough to buy them early.

We gambled and picked up 4 on the 40 yard line.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM

The 4,000 allottment to each university isn't enough to meet the demand. These things were going on the secondary market for big money last year. I'm a fortunate guy so I purchased several.

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
my 4 arrived. I waited too long and am in the endzone.

HannahO
December 3rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Participating teams get 4,000 tix each.
NDSU uses a priority point system for allocating tickets. Many people arent high enough in points to get tickets. So this year when the tixs became available for the NC fans bought tham at 30 each as insurance.

Oh, I guess that explains why you would want to do that (as a season ticket holder and higher level donor we didn't have that difficulty with our school). It still doesn't answer what you intend to do with your tickets in the event your team doesn't make it in... Will you still make the trip? Resell at list price? Scalp them for as much as you can get? Just curious.

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2012, 09:30 PM
The 4,000 allottment to each university isn't enough to meet the demand. These things were going on the secondary market for big money last year. I'm a fortunate guy so I purchased several.

All depends on which teams go. Last year there werent enough tickets. But if you get a couple of team whose fans dont travel well the venue would get stuck with tickets.

frozennorth
December 3rd, 2012, 09:31 PM
Oh, I guess that explains why you would want to do that (as a season ticket holder and higher level donor we didn't have that difficulty with our school). It still doesn't answer what you intend to do with your tickets in the event your team doesn't make it in... Will you still make the trip? Resell at list price? Scalp them for as much as you can get? Just curious.

i'm going regardless

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM

Many will try to sell them. If they cant it wont be that big of a deal because at 30.00 it was cheap insurance. I have a block of tixs for our group. If we dont go I will contact the participating teams ticket office and offer them to them at cost. If they dont want them they will go on stub-hub for cost. I will also offer them to people from here if they want them.

Professor Chaos
December 3rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Oh goody, hopefully we'll get more tales about how you sold each ticket to some sobbing fan for $500 per ticket while his wife is in the background threatening to leave him. I really enjoyed hearing about you taking advantage of the NDSU "donkeys" last year.

xcoach2
December 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
It still doesn't answer what you intend to do with your tickets in the event your team doesn't make it in... Will you still make the trip? Resell at list price? Scalp them for as much as you can get? Just curious.

If for some reason Sam didn't advance I'd hope that MSU advances. Good' chance you're going to get NDSU on the other side, so I'll sell for a profit on the secondary market. It will be tough to make money off of NDSU fans this year because they learned their lesson and purchased everything up this go-round. However, MSU will travel and 4,000 tickets won't cover their demand. GSU will travel too but if they advance NDSU fans will dump which will drive down prices. If EWU and GSU advance the tickets would be of no value on the secondary market.