PDA

View Full Version : Coaching search at SU down to final six

813Jag
December 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Brian Jenkins, who has led Bethune-Cookman to a 27-8 record over the past three seasons, is one of six semifinalists for the top job at Southern University, according to a source with knowledge of the search.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/southern/4584329-123/coaching-search-at-su-down

DSUrocks07
December 3rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Brian Jenkins vs Doug Williams would be an interesting dynamic. You would have a narcissistic, power hungry individual who would be living off the success of his past and show zero respect to his superiors or the ones working under him.

And on the other sideline would be Brian Jenkins.

TheRevSFA
December 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good luck in the coach search. I hope it works out!

813Jag
December 3rd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Brian Jenkins vs Doug Williams would be an interesting dynamic. You would have a narcissistic, power hungry individual who would be living off the success of his past and show zero respect to his superiors or the ones working under him.

And on the other sideline would be Brian Jenkins.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx right now Jenkins is the name I've been hearing a lot.

Sonic98
December 3rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
My opinion as it relates to BCU's coach is I wouldn't do it if I was him. That would be a step back for him in my opinion. I understand that Southern has richer football history than BCU and a big fan following, but how do you leave a team that's a few players away from winning playoff game? You just don't do that. I went to Jackson State, and I don't fault our OC for leaving and going to Hampton. In the long run he will be proven correct. You don't leave BCU to go to SU in this situation. The only way you leave BCU in my opinion is if a team from one of the power conferences asks you to join their staff. Nothing against SU. I just don't see why anyone should leave a playoff team for a team that doesn't want to go to the playoffs. I'd say the same thing about a coach leaving BCU or TnSU to come to Jackson State or if Wilson wanted to come back. It would be great for us, but not a great move for them in my opinion. What he needs to be focused on is what he needs to do and who he needs to recruit to make his team able to match up well with the type of team it would likely face again in the first round if it made it to playoffs again, instead of another job.