PDA

View Full Version : WKU Mini-Scrimmage

Killtoppers90
August 18th, 2006, 06:40 AM
OFFENSE IN CONTROL AT FIRST MINI-SCRIMMAGE

Western Kentucky University’s first football mini-scrimmage of preseason camp Tuesday at L.T. Smith Stadium/Jimmy Feix Field saw the offense control play in the red zone after going through third-down drills. Justin Haddix completed 9-of-11 pass attempts for four touchdowns as the first-team offense scored on every possession during the second drill. Curtis Hamilton caught two short scoring passes, Chris Brunemann was the recipient of a 4-yard touchdown catch and Haddix found Rannen Roberson in the back right corner of the end zone from 24 yards out on the first red zone drive. “I was really impressed with the offense,” said WKU head coach David Elson. “You can just tell that Justin has a real command of our offense, he’s executing very well along with the rest of the group. I told the team afterward that the better our offense is, the better our defense will be. “The defense has a lot of work to do, but I see the things that we need to see behind the scenes that show that we have the makings of a very good group. They just need to continue to improve.”