PDA

View Full Version : MSU clamps down on tailgating for students

catbob
August 17th, 2006, 02:22 PM
1. Anyone wishing to park in the Standard Lot will have to show a valid game ticket to enter that lot by vehicle or on foot. If you are picking up tickets at “Will Call,” you will need to get your tickets before entering the Standard Lot. Student tickets will now be distributed at a new ticket window on Bobcat Boulevard near the front of the stadium.

2. Only a SINGLE SERVING of alcohol per person will be allowed for persons who walk in to the Standard Lot (12 ounces or less). These limitations are for walk-ins only and will not apply to vehicles entering the Standard Lot.

3. Vehicles must display their hang tag on their rear view mirror while in the Standard Lot. Cars without a hang tag inside the lot will be asked to purchase another hang tag or leave the lot. Visual inspections will be done several times throughout the day. A booster hangtag will also get you a spot in the Standard Lot only if you have game tickets to accompany that hangtag.

4. Security personnel may ask patrons inside the Standard Lot to produce their game tickets. If individuals inside the lot do not have a valid game ticket, they will be asked to leave.

5. Tents, canopies, U-Haul-type trailers, flat beds, horse trailers, and enclosed panel trucks will not be allowed in the interior of the tailgate lot. They may be set up in the perimeter 20 X 20 tailgating spots. These spots are available from the Bobcat Ticket Office and can be purchased game-by-game for $25, or for the entire season for $150. RV spots are also available in the Standard Lot and can be purchased from the Bobcat Ticket Office for $25 per game or $150 per season. Overnight parking is available for RVs only.

Are you kidding? This just means students who wanted to tailgate will just get a ticket now, and create empty seats in the stadium.

GannonFan
August 17th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Some of the restrictions seem a little harsh - have they had problems in the near past that prompted this?

The tent ban is a little much for me - we always have a tent (sometimes 2) up at our tailgates - gotta keep the sun off ya in the warm days in September and then what do you do when it rains? You still have to tailgate. But then again, maybe it's those people bringing in horse trailers and flat bed trucks that are ruining all the fun for everyone else?

bluehenbillk
August 17th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Agreed with GF, how can you not have a tent if it's raining???

Hansel
August 17th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Some of the restrictions seem a little harsh - have they had problems in the near past that prompted this?

A NDSU decorated/themed "short bus" was vandalized at the NDSU/MSU FB game last year... could be part of it

catbob
August 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Yea last year's NDSU vandalism I'm sure was a big part of it.

The student lot (which is ANYONE but alumni and boosters) requires a ticket to the game.

So if I brought my parents in to town, but couldn't get a ticket for them, they couldn't even tailgate with me.

I believe that everyone student who tailgated without going into the game is now going to get a ticket, and STILL not go into the game. Empty seats anyone?

http://www.bobcatnation.com/tailgate%20map.jpg

Anyone on the right side MUST have a ticket, but if you are the left side you could get drunk and do nothing all game long.