PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly @ Sam Houston State .. Saturday, 3pm.

katstrapper
November 26th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Kats have some unfiniSHed business to take care of . The road to Frisco starts Saturday. #3 ranked FCS rush defense against a very good Cal Poly running attack. Should be fun to watch..

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Fritz picked a hell of a week to interview at UTEP

344Johnson
November 26th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Fritz picked a hell of a week to interview at UTEP

I wonder if this is distracting for the team at all.

Tubakat2014
November 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I wonder if this is distracting for the team at all.

Well, it could have been a phone interview. Either way though, I'm honestly a little nervous about this... I read somewhere that UTEP wanted to have their coach by Christmas? Does that mean actually have him hired or just picked out?

Bah, I don't need to be thinking about this kind of thing right now, and I sure hope the players aren't, either.

KATS_21
November 26th, 2012, 09:10 AM
I dont see Fritz going to UTEP. Fritz doesnt strike me as the type of person that would jump ship this early and that would be 2 years straight of a significant member of the coaching staff leaving during a playoff run. He was in Missouri for 14 years and Im sure he could have left at any given time but chose not to.

slostang
November 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Kats have some unfiniSHed business to take care of . The road to Frisco starts Saturday. #3 ranked FCS rush defense against a very good Cal Poly running attack. Should be fun to watch..

Not just a very good running attack, it is the #3 ranked FCS rush offense.

md64179
November 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Very interesting game. I'm looking forward to seeing how CP's defense fairs against a high powered SHSU offense. Should be fun to watch

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
This should be the GOTW in the playoffs this weekend.

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I dont see Fritz going to UTEP. Fritz doesnt strike me as the type of person that would jump ship this early and that would be 2 years straight of a significant member of the coaching staff leaving during a playoff run. He was in Missouri for 14 years and Im sure he could have left at any given time but chose not to.

Fritz in his 2nd year made it to the NC in FCS..why not make the jump and get paid the money he deserves, plus the opportunity to coach at the FBS level?

BEAR
November 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
The big question for the Kats is........will they finiSH? xlolx

Twentysix
November 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM
24-17 CP

xcoach2
November 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Fritz in his 2nd year made it to the NC in FCS..why not make the jump and get paid the money he deserves, plus the opportunity to coach at the FBS level?

Fritz is going to get an opportunity to coach at the FBS level...gawd I hope a better opportunity than UTEP. Knowing Willie personally I don't think UTEP is a fit for him. He's going to get some run from the FBS schools that are better fits, closer, etc.

worrierking
November 26th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I think this is a very interesting game based on Poly's option rushing attack against Sam's aggressive defense. Coach Stoker's blitz-happy scheme has to be put on hold to play assignment football against the option. I certainly believe Sam's Defense is talented enough to stop Poly's option, but you never know how a team will react to playing passively when they are accustomed to playing aggressively. Having two weeks to prepare is a big advantage for Sam as opposed to the usual one week. Sam can't let them get ahead, they have to jump on top. Very interesting matchup.

xcoach2
November 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM
The key for Sam is getting a lead. If they let CP hang around it will be a dogfight. CP is a one dimensional outfit. If Sam can build a two score lead they could make it look easy. If not, watch out. Sam has to get CP out of their comfort zone.

Sam_Kats
November 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM
38-21 Sam

Sammy94
November 26th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Not just a very good running attack, it is the #3 ranked FCS rush offense.

If you want to talk about FCS:
Sam has the #1 scoring offense and #6 rushing offense. I don't think this will have as much to do with Sam stopping Cal Poly with its good defense. Can Cal Poly find the defense to stop Sam? This game will come down to who can stop the other teams offense more times and who wins the turnover battle. I see this game being a shoot out. Sam 48 Cal Poly 34

TheRevSFA
November 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Sam 35 Poly 28.

coover
November 26th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Fritz picked a hell of a week to interview at UTEPThe following is from a post I made on the Cal Poly Fan Forum. In it, I also mention Andre Patterson, a former Cal Poly Coach in the 1990's when Cal Poly jumped from Division II to Division I, who is now the UTEP Defensive Coordinator ...

"El Paso, Texas is the toilet of Texas, and the Texas El Paso Head Coaching Football job is hardly a step up for a top level FCS coach. Of course, if you're the DC for TEP, it would be a step up, but for the SHSU Head Coach, it has to be a step down. If Andre really wants the job, I wish him the best, but I cannot believe Fritz really wants the job unless he has very close family in El Paso or Juarez.

"UTEP is hardly a desirable FBS school. The location alone, a day and a half drive or more from anywhere important, dusty, dry, hot and ugly makes recruiting decent players almost impossible. As proof of this, there were probably 50 FCS schools capable of beating FBS UTEP this year.

"Would this be a step up for Fritz? I doubt it. At SHSU, he can demonstrate that he can actually recruit and win. A mid-level or higher FBS team may wish to give him a try (i.e. Jim Harbaugh, U San Diego to Stanford to SF 49ers) . If he were to go to UTEP, he'd find himself buried with mediocre Division I athletes, losing records, and no chance at all to demonstrate his skills and move to a better school. UTEP is a coaching graveyard."

coover
November 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Kats have some unfiniSHed business to take care of . The road to Frisco starts Saturday. #3 ranked FCS rush defense against a very good Cal Poly running attack. Should be fun to watch..I suspect the "business", if it is finished, will not be finished this year. December 1 is coming, and the Mayan Calendar shows it will be the end for the Bearkats.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
It'll probably be close first half until Sam gets a handle on the option, then Kats will pull away in the second half ... 45-28 is my guess.

Nickels
November 26th, 2012, 02:15 PM
The following is from a post I made on the Cal Poly Fan Forum. In it, I also mention Andre Patterson, a former Cal Poly Coach in the 1990's when Cal Poly jumped from Division II to Division I, who is now the UTEP Defensive Coordinator ...

"El Paso, Texas is the toilet of Texas, and the Texas El Paso Head Coaching Football job is hardly a step up for a top level FCS coach. Of course, if you're the DC for TEP, it would be a step up, but for the SHSU Head Coach, it has to be a step down. If Andre really wants the job, I wish him the best, but I cannot believe Fritz really wants the job unless he has very close family in El Paso or Juarez.

"UTEP is hardly a desirable FBS school. The location alone, a day and a half drive or more from anywhere important, dusty, dry, hot and ugly makes recruiting decent players almost impossible. As proof of this, there were probably 50 FCS schools capable of beating FBS UTEP this year.

"Would this be a step up for Fritz? I doubt it. At SHSU, he can demonstrate that he can actually recruit and win. A mid-level or higher FBS team may wish to give him a try (i.e. Jim Harbaugh, U San Diego to Stanford to SF 49ers) . If he were to go to UTEP, he'd find himself buried with mediocre Division I athletes, losing records, and no chance at all to demonstrate his skills and move to a better school. UTEP is a coaching graveyard."
Great points about UTEP. From all the accounts I have heard, Fritz and his family are happy in Huntsville. I can't see him moving his family just beyond Hell's fence for the UTEP gig. He won't stay here forever but I would be surprised if he left within the next 2 years. I would be even more surprised if he left that soon for a UTEP level job.

bojeta
November 26th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Great points about UTEP. From all the accounts I have heard, Fritz and his family are happy in Huntsville. I can't see him moving his family just beyond Hell's fence for the UTEP gig. He won't stay here forever but I would be surprised if he left within the next 2 years. I would be even more surprised if he left that soon for a UTEP level job.

Not sure what the salary differential is, but every man has his price. Great gig or not. If the cash is right, he's going. (of course, this is just my opinion)

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Not sure what the salary differential is, but every man has his price. Great gig or not. If the cash is right, he's going. (of course, this is just my opinion)

I have zero clue about the situation, but my guess is he's leveraging the situation to get a better deal for his assistant coaches ... that said, if UTEP is seriously interested and willing to triple his salary, which would be likely, my hunch as an outsider is he may take it, especially considering his age ... head coaching opportunities at the FBS level don't come along often, and tend to shrink once you're in your 50's. But it's not an ideal gig and the fact he stayed at Central Missouri for 15 years (or whatever it was) leads me to believe he's not going anywhere - that is unless the wife likes to shop! Ha!

Nickels
November 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
He had a lot of history with SHSU before getting the HC gig. He also got an undisclosed pay raise last year. I doubt he would ever be let go and IMO as soon as our AD retires (or gets fired), Fritz will have a lot of say in his predecessor. This is only his 3rd season here and he hasn't fielded team with only his recruits yet. I believe he would make more money, in the end, by building this program for a couple of years and getting a higher qaulity FBS job. In contrast to possibly putting himself in a bad situation and risk having to climb back up the coaching ladder. I'll start worrying when his kids graduate in a couple of years. I'm more worried about someone poaching Stoker (our DC).

poly51
November 26th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Does he know there are bullets flying into El Paso from Juarez?

pokefan02
November 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Watch out for Northwestern State they are looking for a new head coach...xsmiley_wix

Texas
November 26th, 2012, 10:49 PM
HUNTSVILLE — Over the past few days, online reports have surfaced that say Bearkats football coach Willie Fritz was set to interview this week for the vacant head coaching job at the University of Texas-El Paso.

According to Fritz and Sam Houston State athletic director Bobby Williams, those reports are far from the truth. On Monday, both Fritz and Williams refuted those reports.

“I haven’t had a word with anyone from UTEP about the job and I haven’t talked with anyone from UTEP,” Fritz said firmly. “I’ve got all sorts of stuff that I’m worried about right now like getting our team ready for Cal Poly on Saturday.”

News that Fritz was interviewing this week to be the Miners’ head coach after Mike Price retired from the job also came as a surprise to Williams.

“I haven’t been called or talked to anyone from UTEP,” Williams said. “ I also haven’t heard anything from Willie.”

Following back-to-back seasons in which the Bearkats won Southland Conference championships and also advanced to the FCS playoffs, including their run to the Football Championship Subdivision national title game last season, Williams has come to expect word from various schools interested in hiring Fritz.

In light of expected outside interest, the Sam Houston athletic department is prepared to compete for Fritz’s services.

“This is the kind of thing that comes with winning and success,” SHSU’s athletic director said. “The package (pay raise for Fritz and his assistant coaches, as well as adding a few full-time coaching positions) we put together for coach Fritz last year will make us competitive against schools that are interested in him. Against Sun Belt schools and schools on the lower end of Conference USA, we’ll be very competitive.

“We want to keep him here and we’ll do what we can to keep him. If a job and an opportunity comes along that he can’t pass up, then we would wish him all the best.”

According to Footballscoop.com, a website that specializes in putting out information about college football coaching hirings, firings and openings, UTEP defensive coordinator Andre Patterson and Fritz plan to interview for the UTEP job this week.

“I’ve had other coaches call and tell me good luck with my interview that I didn’t know about,” Fritz said. “They’ve got all kinds of stuff online. I asked my coaches if they knew about this and they said yeah. That’s why I try to get our kids to not read that kind of stuff online.

“I’m a Bearkat and we’ve got to plan for a unique offense that Cal Poly has.”

Following a bye in the first-round, Sam Houston will host Cal Poly, co-Big Sky Conference champs, in the second round at Bowers Stadium on Saturday at 3 p.m. The winner will play either No. 3 national seed Montana State or Stony Brook in next week’s quarterfinals.

Bearkat-Backer
November 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM
HUNTSVILLE — Over the past few days, online reports have surfaced that say Bearkats football coach Willie Fritz was set to interview this week for the vacant head coaching job at the University of Texas-El Paso.

According to Fritz and Sam Houston State athletic director Bobby Williams, those reports are far from the truth. On Monday, both Fritz and Williams refuted those reports.

“I haven’t had a word with anyone from UTEP about the job and I haven’t talked with anyone from UTEP,” Fritz said firmly. “I’ve got all sorts of stuff that I’m worried about right now like getting our team ready for Cal Poly on Saturday.”

News that Fritz was interviewing this week to be the Miners’ head coach after Mike Price retired from the job also came as a surprise to Williams.

“I haven’t been called or talked to anyone from UTEP,” Williams said. “ I also haven’t heard anything from Willie.”

Following back-to-back seasons in which the Bearkats won Southland Conference championships and also advanced to the FCS playoffs, including their run to the Football Championship Subdivision national title game last season, Williams has come to expect word from various schools interested in hiring Fritz.

In light of expected outside interest, the Sam Houston athletic department is prepared to compete for Fritz’s services.

“This is the kind of thing that comes with winning and success,” SHSU’s athletic director said. “The package (pay raise for Fritz and his assistant coaches, as well as adding a few full-time coaching positions) we put together for coach Fritz last year will make us competitive against schools that are interested in him. Against Sun Belt schools and schools on the lower end of Conference USA, we’ll be very competitive.

“We want to keep him here and we’ll do what we can to keep him. If a job and an opportunity comes along that he can’t pass up, then we would wish him all the best.”

According to Footballscoop.com, a website that specializes in putting out information about college football coaching hirings, firings and openings, UTEP defensive coordinator Andre Patterson and Fritz plan to interview for the UTEP job this week.

“I’ve had other coaches call and tell me good luck with my interview that I didn’t know about,” Fritz said. “They’ve got all kinds of stuff online. I asked my coaches if they knew about this and they said yeah. That’s why I try to get our kids to not read that kind of stuff online.

“I’m a Bearkat and we’ve got to plan for a unique offense that Cal Poly has.”

Following a bye in the first-round, Sam Houston will host Cal Poly, co-Big Sky Conference champs, in the second round at Bowers Stadium on Saturday at 3 p.m. The winner will play either No. 3 national seed Montana State or Stony Brook in next week’s quarterfinals.

Link to article...

http://itemonline.com/sports/x1951906274/Fritz-says-he-has-not-talked-to-UTEP

Texas
November 26th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Link to article...

http://itemonline.com/sports/x1951906274/Fritz-says-he-has-not-talked-to-UTEP

Meant to stick that in there, thanks.

katstrapper
November 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM
As I said on other forums, Fritz is concerned about the game this week. He is concerned about getting back to Frisco. He has some deep ties to Sam Houston in Ath Director Bobby Wiliams and former Head Coach Ron Randleman. IMO, there is NOTHING appealing to the UTEP job anyway other than it is a FBS program. It is my opinion that Sam Houston will probably be moving up to FBS in the next 2-5 years and Fritz will be here to lead the charge. I am not going to say that Fritz wont bail if the right opportunity comes along, but I really think he enjoys where he is at.

Someone mentioned Stoker. He has done one hell of a job since arriving at Sam Houston and I really think he is having fun being Defensive Coordinator.

This is what I hate about rumors and footballscoop.com is one of the worst. I think all they do is troll message boards looking for anything to report.

As far as this game on Saturday. Stoker will pack the line, play man coverage on the outside as always. Time of possession will be key in this game and Sam Houston is very good at holding on to the ball, ranking top 10 in the nation in that stat.

robsnotes4u
November 27th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Good for Sam Houston football

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

slostang
November 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Would not be the first time a coach has said he has not talked to a school and ends up taking a job. What a lot of coaches do is have a third party talk to the school so they can say I have not talked to them when asked, but they gauge interest and the details of the job through a third party. Anyone remember Saban saying that was not going to coach Alabama. I am not saying Fritz is doing this, just saying that it could be happening and he technically would not be lying when saying he has not talked with UTEP. It happens all the time.

xcoach2
November 27th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Would not be the first time a coach has said he has not talked to a school and ends up taking a job. What a lot of coaches do is have a third party talk to the school so they can say I have not talked to them when asked, but they gauge interest and the details of the job through a third party. Anyone remember Saban saying that was not going to coach Alabama. I am not saying Fritz is doing this, just saying that it could be happening and he technically would not be lying when saying he has not talked with UTEP. It happens all the time.

Fritz is going to have better options than UTEP. Dunno if this is it for him at Sam or not but I don't think he'd be interested in the UTEP job. I know him, coached with him, etc. UTEP is foreign to our side of the state. The dominoes have just begun to fall and I don't see him fighting for an interview with UTEP right now. Even though Sam is a FCS school it is a better job opportunity than UTEP.

Texas
November 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM
"This is the kind of thing that comes with winning and success. The package (pay raise for Fritz and his assistant coaches, as well as adding a few full-time coaching positions) we put together for coach Fritz last year will make us competitive against schools that are interested in him. Against Sun Belt schools and schools on the lower end of Conference USA, we will be very competitive" - SHSU AD

This is the nail in that rumor's coffin.

I hate my phone
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

katstrapper
November 27th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Fritz is going to have better options than UTEP. Dunno if this is it for him at Sam or not but I don't think he'd be interested in the UTEP job. I know him, coached with him, etc. UTEP is foreign to our side of the state. The dominoes have just begun to fall and I don't see him fighting for an interview with UTEP right now. Even though Sam is a FCS school it is a better job opportunity than UTEP.

There would NO INTEREST from me if I were him.. What in the hell would appeal someone to UTEP other than someone like Mike Price. Maybe Bobby Petrino can restart his career there.

BEAR
November 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM
There would NO INTEREST from me if I were him.. What in the hell would appeal someone to UTEP other than someone like Mike Price. Maybe Bobby Petrino can restart his career there.

Once he get his neck brace off..you lookout~! He'll turn UTEP into an SEC contender..until he finds a motorcycle....

which reminds me of a book I read...

If you give a coach a motorcycle...
he'll want a blonde to go with it.
When he gets that blonde it'll remind him he's married.
When he realizes he's married, he'll wreck that motorcycle.
When he wrecks that motorcycle, he'll feel rocks stuck in his face.
When he feels the rocks in his face, he'll realize he's now stuck between a rock and a hard place.
When he's stuck between a rock and a hard place, he'll take a job at UTEP.
When he takes the job at UTEP, he'll think of miners.
When he thinks of miners, he'll think of rocks.
When he thinks of rocks, he'll think about roads being made of rocks.
When he thinks about roads, he'll remember the blonde.
............and when he remembers the blonde, he'll want a motorcycle!

Sammy94
November 27th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Maybe Bobby Petrino can restart his career there.

He better not take his girlfriend motorcycle riding to close to the border. Its raining bullets over there.

bojeta
November 27th, 2012, 04:57 PM
True or not, it's pretty Ironic that Andre Patterson, a former Cal Poly head coach, and Fritz, the current Sam Houston head coach are both said to be interviewing for the UTEP job.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Sammy fans, wanted to be the first to congratulate you guys on your post counts... nice work, Honestly now, did any of you really know where Cal-Poly was located last week? and raise your hands if you think San Luis Obispo is in the state of Texas

Texas
November 27th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Sammy fans, wanted to be the first to congratulate you guys on your post counts... nice work, Honestly now, did any of you really know where Cal-Poly was located last week? and raise your hands if you think San Luis Obispo is in the state of Texas

Didn't really care to be honest. Thanks for the geography lesson since Google hasn't been invented yet, or the internet.

344Johnson
November 28th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Sam runs away with this one. 38-20

coover
November 28th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Sam runs away with this one. 38-20

I certainly hope your team feels that way. I know for sure that your coaches do not.

This is what happens when teams feel as you do ... Cal Poly 70, UCLA 68 (NCAA MBB)

Nickels
November 28th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I certainly hope your team feels that way. I know for sure that your coaches do not.

This is what happens when teams feel as you do ... Cal Poly 70, UCLA 68 (NCAA MBB)
Huh? You certainly hope the Bison feel that way? You should be more worried about SHSU, not NDSU.

:D

edit- my grammar stinks

Twentysix
November 28th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Huh? you certainly hope the Bison feel that way? You should be worried about the SHSU not NDSU.

Honestly I would be pretty upset if NDSU was as invested in the SHSU SLO game as Coover wants to suggest.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Didn't really care to be honest. Thanks for the geography lesson since Google hasn't been invented yet, or the internet.

Now this post has a Texan written all over it -
low post count confirms Sammy fan electronic signature
admits he only cares about Texas
admits used google to know what Cal Poly was and where was San Luis Obispo

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Caribbean must be that cat who can't change a tire, is afraid of guns & plucks his eyebrows. It's the only explanation for this hatred/obsession with Texas. Us Sam fans can only hope we get our 'post count' up on this board so we can be considered with the likes the AGS elite. Sure hope we post more than Cal Poly by Saturday - or I don't know what the Kats will do. xbawlingx

xcoach2
November 28th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Now this post has a Texan written all over it -
low post count confirms Sammy fan electronic signature
admits he only cares about Texas
admits used google to know what Cal Poly was and where was San Luis Obispo

Your post has Delaware written all over it :irrelevant:

See how stereotypes work?

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Just

Texas
Now this post has a Texan written all over it

Must've taken you awhile to come up with those clues that I might be a Texan or from Texas.

Sammy94
working

Sammy94
on

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
that

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
important

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
count

Sammy94
November 28th, 2012, 08:48 AM
number

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Your post has Delaware written all over it :irrelevant:

See how stereotypes work?

but your paying attention

xcoach2
November 28th, 2012, 09:08 AM
but your paying attention

Is it your or you're?

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Doesn't matter - come on, EVERYONE knows us Southern folk are the unedumacated ones.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Caribbean must be that cat who can't change a tire, is afraid of guns & plucks his eyebrows. It's the only explanation for this hatred/obsession with Texas. Us Sam fans can only hope we get our 'post count' up on this board so we can be considered with the likes the AGS elite. Sure hope we post more than Cal Poly by Saturday - or I don't know what the Kats will do. xbawlingx

<----Elite, per your listed standards :D

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 09:31 AM

Sorry coover, I have to agree with him. Sam has a great home field advantage playing in Bowers. They even let all of the prisoners out on a day pass for the game (sorry Sam fans, couldn't resist)

35-21 Sam Houston. Sam will jump out to a 14-0 early 1st quarter lead.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Is it your or you're?

why? are you from France or something?

slostang
November 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Sorry coover, I have to agree with him. Sam has a great home field advantage playing in Bowers. They even let all of the prisoners out on a day pass for the game (sorry Sam fans, couldn't resist)

35-21 Sam Houston. Sam will jump out to a 14-0 early 1st quarter lead.

I think coover would acknowledges that the Bearkats have a huge home field advantage, but so did UCLA in Pauley Pavilion. I think his point was if the Bearkat team come out thinking this game is as big of a cake walk as the Bearkat fans do, they may find themselves on the losing end. Cal Poly is a quality team. I really think SHSU is one of the top two or three teams in the playoffs this year, but they still have to play the game and anything can happen. Look at the NFL playoffs. Wild card teams win the Super Bowl. Should be a great game between to very good programs.

Southern Bison
November 28th, 2012, 10:30 AM

Don't worry, they'll be more fervent about posting after their loss in the playoffs.

TheRevSFA
November 28th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I think coover would acknowledges that the Bearkats have a huge home field advantage, but so did UCLA in Pauley Pavilion. I think his point was if the Bearkat team come out thinking this game is as big of a cake walk as the Bearkat fans do, they may find themselves on the losing end. Cal Poly is a quality team. I really think SHSU is one of the top two or three teams in the playoffs this year, but they still have to play the game and anything can happen. Look at the NFL playoffs. Wild card teams win the Super Bowl. Should be a great game between to very good programs.

I agree with you, on all points.

I like Cal-Poly. I wish SFA would play you guys either here or there as it would be a great match between pass heavy and the option.

I think this is the GOTW for the playoffs (sorry Bison fans, you already played SDSU once)

Good luck to both teams.

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Since non of us will be blowing a whistle at practice, handing out game plans or giving the pre-game speech, I think THE FANS can think whatever they want to without affecting the players. And besides, we know it's going to be a good game. Triple O is tough.

slostang
November 28th, 2012, 03:58 PM
I agree with you, on all points.

I like Cal-Poly. I wish SFA would play you guys either here or there as it would be a great match between pass heavy and the option.

I think this is the GOTW for the playoffs (sorry Bison fans, you already played SDSU once)

Good luck to both teams.
I would love to see Cal Poly sign a home and home with both SFA and SHSU. Both are great FCS programs and I have family in Texas. Would be a great excuse to visit them and take in a football game. :)

bojeta
November 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I would love to see Cal Poly sign a home and home with both SFA and SHSU. Both are great FCS programs and I have family in Texas. Would be a great excuse to visit them and take in a football game. :)

I just used Google Maps and discovered my cousins in Rockwall TX are only 42 miles from Frisco!!! 193 miles from Huntsville...

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM

Save those tears for Saturday Sammy.....

diverjeff
November 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
CP is far less one dimensional than everybody thinks. Being a one dimensional Triple-Option offense does not win games. CP knows how and when to throw the ball within schemes to throw off the defense. It's going to be a good game. Of course I will be cheering for my school. Cal Poly is out to put themselves on the map this year

Tubakat2014
November 28th, 2012, 10:22 PM

No, I didn't know where Cal Poly was last week. But I certainly looked it up and read about the school because I truly wanted to know more about Cal Poly. I enjoy learning about fellow FCS schools, it's always interesting to read about the rich histories that just about all of these schools have.

But I suppose I'm inferior, because I'm a fan of a school that hasn't been historically relevant in I-AA/FCS.

Sam_Kats
November 29th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Uh oh - it's already Thursday...Kat fans, we better get our post count up. Otherwise, our players might not play hard.

TheRevSFA
November 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Uh oh - it's already Thursday...Kat fans, we better get our post count up. Otherwise, our players might not play hard.

...and Fritz will leave due to low post count. Don't forget that.

kingkat99
November 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM

Their might be something to this...NDSU fans run this board with their post counts and they are defending champs and the 1 seed...

kingkat99
November 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
getting

kingkat99
my

kingkat99
kingkat99
November 29th, 2012, 10:25 AM
count

kingkat99
up

kingkat99
to

kingkat99
November 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
make

kingkat99
the

kingkat99
kats

kingkat99
play

kingkat99
November 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM
harder

CK34
November 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I haven't taken the time to meddle through the 9 pages of this thread, so I will just post my prediction:

Sam Houston State: 41

Cal Poly: 27

coover
November 29th, 2012, 08:21 PM
CP is far less one dimensional than everybody thinks. Being a one dimensional Triple-Option offense does not win games. CP knows how and when to throw the ball within schemes to throw off the defense. It's going to be a good game. Of course I will be cheering for my school. Cal Poly is out to put themselves on the map this yearGood analysis, Jeff. Statistics (Cal Poly doesn't throw much) don't work here. 17 passing TDs, most from outside of the Red Zone, are difficult to understand with a "running team".

Nickels
November 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Good analysis, Jeff. Statistics (Cal Poly doesn't throw much) don't work here. 17 passing TDs, most from outside of the Red Zone, are difficult to understand with a "running team".
Not really difficult for SHSU to understand at all. The're a running team first and have 20 passing TDs, most from outside the Red Zone.

coover
November 29th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Just a note to the poster who wrote that the AnyGivenSaturday Forum is dominated by the North Dakota State fans ... I've been here a few years and I can tell you it is not. Yes, the NDSU people are here a lot, but they are nowhere near the fans and students of Appalachian State.

And just in case Sam Houston gets to meet Appalachian State this year in the playoffs (you've got to get past Cal Poly, first), you'll find that it will be difficult to get two SHSU posts one after the other. There will probably be many ASU posts in between.

coover
November 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Not really difficult for SHSU to understand at all. The're a running team first and have 20 passing TDs, most from outside the Red Zone.Similar teams. Great rush, pass little, but effectively.

Great defense against the rush. Mediocre defense against the pass.

Gee, will this be a high scoring game or a low scoring game?

Well, I guess, that is why the game is played. There would be no reason to show up if the game was a predetermined win for one team or the other.

slostang
November 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

Sammy94
November 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Is it Saturday yet?

I agree, got my tickets yesterday. Think I may start tailgating tonight.

cpalum
November 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I agree, got my tickets yesterday. Think I may start tailgating tonight.

Damn...I wish I was able to travel to this game. I'd love to crack a few beers with some Sam fans; it would be a hoot. Cant wait for the game.

Nickels
November 30th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Damn...I wish I was able to travel to this game. I'd love to crack a few beers with some Sam fans; it would be a hoot. Cant wait for the game.Sam fans, including myself, would be more than happy to slam some beers, whiskey and tequila with you xawesomex that is if don't bring coover. xthumbsupx

Sammy94
November 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sam fans, including myself, would be more than happy to slam some beers, whiskey and tequila with you that is if don't bring coover.

I'll drink with anyone. Even Caribbeanhen, Alpha, Coover or any other Kat haters out there. I think Rodney King said it best, Can't we all get along.

20KAT12
November 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
why? are you from France or something?

no just educated in the south

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I'll drink with anyone. Even Caribbeanhen, Alpha, Coover or any other Kat haters out there. I think Rodney King said it best, Can't we all get along.

Just what I needed, Sammy fans trying to buy me off with drinks. You'll be serving Cal PolyAnna slamma's after the game

LuckyKat
November 30th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Just what I needed, Sammy fans trying to buy me off with drinks. You'll be serving Cal PolyAnna slamma's after the game

DOUBT IT
but there will be PLENTY of this !!

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7545/lonestar12packcans1.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/728/samhoustonamericanstrai.jpg

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2012, 04:40 PM

Ever have one of these for breakfast? try it

xcoach2
November 30th, 2012, 05:15 PM

Ever have one of these for breakfast? try it

Hey carribeanhen,

What time does the Delaware game kick off tomorrow?

coover
November 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Sam fans, including myself, would be more than happy to slam some beers, whiskey and tequila with you xawesomex that is if don't bring coover. xthumbsupxMy brother from Sugarland will be there, along with his Sam Houston State Alum girlfriend. Both will be dressed in Forest Green.

coover
November 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
DOUBT IT
but there will be PLENTY of this !!

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/7545/lonestar12packcans1.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img542/728/samhoustonamericanstrai.jpgMy brother prefers St. Paulis Girl

girl

bojeta
November 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Cheers!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/CPMakers.jpg

xcoach2
November 30th, 2012, 08:51 PM
GL Mustangs.

Sammy94
November 30th, 2012, 08:57 PM
That Makers drink is way to dark. Must be a Cali thing.

coover
November 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
GL Mustangs.Yes, a lot of us are Good Looking. Thanks xcoach2

xcoach2
November 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Yes, a lot of us are Good Looking. Thanks xcoach2

Too bad more of y'all aren't traveling then. My sample size is small but NDSU'ites were some of the ugliest looking trolls I've ever seen. Their women don't shave.

TheRevSFA
November 30th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Good luck tomorrow. Should be a hell of a game

slostang
November 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Damn...I wish I was able to travel to this game. I'd love to crack a few beers with some Sam fans; it would be a hoot. Cant wait for the game.

You and me both cp.

cpalum
November 30th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Go Poly!

slostang
December 1st, 2012, 12:18 AM
Go Mustangs!!!

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2012, 06:43 AM
Hey carribeanhen,

What time does the Delaware game tip off tomorrow?

tip off at 2PM vs Duke, I expect Saddler to go for 26 points in the loss

LuckyKat
December 1st, 2012, 07:31 AM
Too bad more of y'all aren't traveling then. My sample size is small but NDSU'ites were some of the ugliest looking trolls I've ever seen. Their women don't shave.

They Got to stay warm some how

coover
December 1st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Congratulations to Sam Houston State for their hard earned win over Cal Poly 18-16. Looks like Montana State next week. They're tough, but so are you.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the "codpiece" on the SHSU uniform is for?

LuckyKat
December 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM
Ugliest WIN I have seen in a while
but got take the W,

Solid game Cal Poly
I dont think we saw the best from either team