PDA

View Full Version : Fmr Samford HC Suspended - Allegedly Struck a Player

TexasTerror
August 16th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Former Samford coach Pete Hurt was suspended by the Air Force Academy after allegedly striking a member of the Air Force squad. That's pretty sad and uncalled for. One should be able to hold their emotions in check. What do the folks in the OVC recall of Hurt? A pretty mediocre coach, but what about his temprament? This sound like him?

AFA Suspends Coach

U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. – Air Force offensive line coach Pete Hurt has been suspended indefinitely by the Air Force Academy Athletic Association pending investigation of alleged violations of his contract. The violations involve alleged inappropriate striking of a player during practice.

The suspension begins immediately. Fullbacks’ coach Paul Hamilton has assumed Hurt’s role as offensive line coach in his absence. Offensive coordinator Chuck Petersen is coaching the fullbacks, which he previously coached. Director of Athletics Dr. Hans Mueh has launched an immediate internal inquiry into the situation.

Hurt is in his second season as offensive line coach at the Academy. He came to Air Force from Clinton High School in Clinton, Miss., where he was head football coach and athletic director from 2002-04. Prior to that, Hurt was the head coach at Division I-AA Samford from 1994-2001 where he accumulated a 42-39-1 record.

http://www.kktv.com/sports/headlines/3587486.html

JaxSinfonian
August 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM
OVC folks wouldn't recall much. Samford didn't join the league until 2003.

I do know he left Samford midway through the 2001 season after a 1-4 start (including a 39-7 loss to Jax State in front of the home crowd). That's about it.

bluedog
August 17th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Wow! he enroll in the Air Force Academy and there's a chance he might be shot at but his whining like a little punk about being slap around by the coach. Must be some politicians son (republican)

Man they sure don't make hard brothers like they use to.:nonono2: xcoffeex

Freightliner
August 17th, 2006, 06:01 AM
WOW!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pete Hurt was the Defensive Coordinator at Lamar when I was there in 88-89. Guy was pretty even tempered...hmm...how times have changed!

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Back to work for the former Samford HC...

AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. – Offensive line coach Pete Hurt will be reinstated to the Air Force staff next week following his suspension for striking a player during practice Aug. 9.

“The inquiry showed that this was a one-time incident and not something consistent with Pete's coaching methods or character,” athletic director Hans Mueh said. “I'm confident that this will not happen again and we consider the incident closed.”

Hurt was suspended with pay Aug. 16.

He is in his second season as offensive line coach at the academy. He came to Air Force from Clinton (miss.) High School, where he was the football coach and athletic director from 2002-04. Before that, Hurt was the head coach at Division I-AA Samford from 1994-01.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/college_football/20060823-1450-fbc-airforce-assistantreinstated.html

D1B
August 24th, 2006, 06:01 AM
Player - What a pussy!

Coach - Very "unchristlike" behavior at Air Jesus.:rolleyes:

Purple Pride
August 24th, 2006, 07:32 AM
WOW!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Pete Hurt was the Defensive Coordinator at Lamar when I was there in 88-89. Guy was pretty even tempered...hmm...how times have changed!

Did you play for Coach Stephens?