PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota State vs North Dakota State

Pages : [1] 2 3

BisonBohl
November 24th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thoughts and discussions on this game. Should be a whale of a game against two rivals.

Can the Bison beat the Jacks twice???

Discuss...

GATA_Eagles
November 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Jacks really wanted this rematch. It'll be a good game to watch

Twentysix
November 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
NDSU still wins.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Congratrs to the Jacks.

Bison are the better team.

Bison win.

Sam_Kats
November 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Should be a good one.

IBleedYellow
November 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Bison need to show up and play Bison football. Turnovers can not happen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2012, 05:26 PM
NDSU still wins.

This. The final score didn't tell how well NDSU handled SDSU's biggest strengths. SDSU still only had 200 yds, Zenner had 43.

Take care of the ball and play disciplined defense and they should be ok.

Twentysix
November 24th, 2012, 05:29 PM
This. The final score didn't tell how well NDSU handled SDSU's biggest strengths. SDSU still only had 200 yds, Zenner had 43.

Take care of the ball and play disciplined defense and they should be ok.

It also leaves out the fact that SDSU scored a touchdown against prevent defense with 40 seconds remaining in the game. 20-10 doesn't seem nearly as close for some reason.

swaghook
November 24th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Jacks will come to play but so will the Bison. If the Bison O is firing on all cylinders it should be over early. If the Bison O struggles it could be closer then any Bison fan would like to see but in the end a win for the Bison.

frozennorth
November 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM
i think with a bye week and a healthier team, NDSU wins comfortably. SDSU will be confident though, and could certainly win.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Jacks really wanted this rematch. It'll be a good game to watch

Two things in this game that are going to be different than the first game. 1. We have a healthier John Crockett. 2. We don't have LeVonne Perry.

It's going to be a close game but I still give the edge to NDSU. Defensively we are a better team than the Jacks. If we do the same thing with Zenner and keep him in check and turn the Jacks into a one dimensional team we will prevail. I see no reason why that won't happen again.

Question, I saw at least one Jack player go out injured or what appeared to be injured. Anyone know yet if they suffered any losses today of players that won't be able to play next week?

Bison56
November 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I think they will be the toughest team on this side of the bracket for NDSU because they are familair with each other.

17-10
Bison

Twentysix
November 24th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I think they will be the toughest team on this side of the bracket for NDSU because they are familair with each other.

17-10
Bison

I can agree with your line of thinking but not the score ;)

frozennorth
November 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Two things in this game that are going to be different than the first game. 1. We have a healthier John Crockett. 2. We don't have LeVonne Perry.

perry was out most of the prior game i believe.

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2012, 05:37 PM
The Bison will be 100% focused after seeing how SDSU dismantled EIU. A focused and rested Bison squad equates to a Bison victory. I think it will be by 10+ points.

Cue the "I guess we shouldn't even show up then xrolleyesx" Jackrabbit crowd.

Bison56
November 24th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I can agree with your line of thinking but not the score ;)

I kept it low scoring and tight because I am not sure what offense will show up for NDSU.

And the only way SDSU gets to 10 is if BJ throws a pick 6.;)

BisonBohl
November 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Jack fans making the trip to Fargo better hope they can get tickets through SDSU or were smart to snag some earlier this week because as usual the dome has no tickets available.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM

I'm not sure about that but his injury came early in the 2nd quarter I believe. Still nothing from the Jacks O until the very end.

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM

You are correct he was. I was just making an observation I think we missed him dearly in the last game of the season. I still see us winning but it won't be an easy game. SDSU always seems to play NDSU tough. I'll be there cheering my butt off hoping to see an NDSU win.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Bison 28
SDSU 17

Bison56
November 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
You are correct he was. I was just making an observation I think we missed him dearly in the last game of the season. I still see us winning but it won't be an easy game. SDSU always seems to play NDSU tough. I'll be there cheering my butt off hoping to see an NDSU win.

I am not going to talk all week just so my voice will be good and rested.:D

Eaglegus2
November 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Got to find a way to watch or listen or check on the FCS games next weekend from Cozumel, Mexico. Anyone have any suggestions?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Got to find a way to watch or listen or check on the FCS games next weekend from Cozumel, Mexico. Anyone have any suggestions?

firstrow would probably be your best bet outside of the country.

BisonBohl
November 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM

gobison.com you can get sign up for a free audio and listen to the game.

jacksfan29
November 24th, 2012, 06:38 PM
What's also missing from the score in the 1st meeting is the fact that SDSU penalties and mistakes opened the door for the rather poor Bison offense to actually put some points on the board. If the NDSU offense doesn't show up you can expect a low scoring game. One or two quick hits from Sumner could very well swing it the Jack's way.

ITmonarch10
November 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
SDSU vs NDSU and GSU vs Central Ark are probably going to be the best games of the next round.

BisonBohl
November 24th, 2012, 06:39 PM
SDSU vs NDSU and GSU vs Central Ark are probably going to be the best games of the next round.

I think App vs ISU-R will be a good one as well.

Drblankstare
November 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I think App vs ISU-R will be a good one as well.

I agree with this. App Vs ISU should be a tight game also

stevdock
November 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Bison are the better team but the Jacks are definitely capable of winning this game. Should be a very good game and too bad one of these teams has to go home this early.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Jack fans making the trip to Fargo better hope they can get tickets through SDSU or were smart to snag some earlier this week because as usual the dome has no tickets available.

There's a certain number of tickets that have to be set aside for the visiting team that's mandated by the NCAA. Granted these will probably sell fast for this game, but there should be quite a few although I doubt there'll be enough.

BisonBohl
November 24th, 2012, 07:50 PM
There's a certain number of tickets that have to be set aside for the visiting team that's mandated by the NCAA. Granted these will probably sell fast for this game, but there should be quite a few although I doubt there'll be enough.

Yeah they get like 500 or whatever it is which wouldnt be near enough for the Jack fans that would be willing to come if they could get tickets.

I-16Bandit
November 24th, 2012, 08:20 PM
The final score didn't tell how well NDSU handled...

This has been said a LOT this season. Sounds almost like a moral victory on top of a victory. The better team doesn't need justification for a win.

md64179
November 24th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Great win today for SDSU, but I still have to go with NDSU at home in a close game.

NDSUBowler
November 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
This has been said a LOT this season. Sounds almost like a moral victory on top of a victory. The better team doesn't need justification for a win.
It's not justification, its just telling people to look beyond the box score.

I-16Bandit
November 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM

Sounds like it's telling people to look beyond the scoreboard to the box score.

When NDSU lost their game and had close wins, this is all that was said.

DJnva
November 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the ESPN3 route would work as long as it's available in your home area...

Jacked_Rabbit
November 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
A few reasons why I think SDSU pulls off the upset:

- Extremely difficult to beat a team twice in the same season, especially a rival.
- All of the pressure is on the #1 ranked team, at home, who will be favored to win. Nobody expects SDSU to win this game.
- SDSU played terrible in the meeting a couple weeks ago and still only lost by 3.
- Fumble inside SDSU's own 25 yard line & 2 stupid penalties (illegal substitution & roughing passer) set up the Bison's only TD's.
- Intimidate factor is gone since we just played there 2 weeks ago. All underclassmen now know that we can hang & what to expect.
- Perry is out.
- O is playing much, much better.

Nobody gives them a chance, but the Jacks pull off the MASSIVE upset!!! SDSU wins 24-20, in a higher scoring affair than most anticipate.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
NDSU just needs to play their game, the second half vs ISUR was vintage Bison football and the first half was what we been doing for the past few weeks. The Jacks did play us tough the first time, they didn't do much offensively but they took a punch to the gut right away when NDSU went up 10-0 and battled back.

Ginsbach
November 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
- Extremely difficult to beat a team twice in the same season, especially a rival.

Are there any stats that back this up, or is this just one of those feel-good statements people make about sports?

- Perry is out.

Leevon was injured early in the second quarter of the SDSU game, so his impact was minimal in that game.

THE HERD
November 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM

Score mobile app on your smart phone.

NDSUBowler
November 24th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Sounds like it's telling people to look beyond the scoreboard to the box score.

When NDSU lost their game and had close wins, this is all that was said.
Box score doesn't take into account the prevent D td drive at end of game, hence why I said beyond the box score...

Semantics, I know :)

Jacked_Rabbit
November 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Are there any stats that back this up, or is this just one of those feel-good statements people make about sports?

Leevon was injured early in the second quarter of the SDSU game, so his impact was minimal in that game.

Yes, feel good statement.

THE HERD
November 24th, 2012, 09:01 PM

Could also download the radio fargomoorhead app and listen on KFGO

FargoBison
November 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM

NDSU is 5-1 all-time in playoff games vs teams they have beaten in the regular season. There is your nerd stat of the night.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM

The same could be said about the Georgia Southern - NDSU game last year.

Ginsbach
November 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313512449

What am I supposed to be looking at here? The fact that NDSU outrushed GSU by 128 yards? NDSU's 8.5 yards per rush compared to Georgia Southerns' 3.9 yards per rush? That Georgia Southern went for it 5 times on 4th down and only converted two? That Georgia Southern had 3 turnovers and NDSU had 0? That NDSU scored 21 points in a row?

Time of possession was similar, and Georgia Southern had more yards, but their yards per pass and yards per rush were much lower than NDSU's. I watched that game, and the Bison looked better all around.

THE HERD
November 24th, 2012, 09:13 PM
As long as the Bison stay away from the big turnover, I think they will be ok. Although we will see what impact losing Perry has on the run D and the D in general. I know he didn't play the second half of the last game, but I still think we are a much weaker D without Perry.....the guy is an impact player from the DT position.

FargoBison
November 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
DT Brian Schaetz didn't play in the last SDSU game, so with him and Perry out we contained their rushing attack really well in the second half.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 09:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=313512449

What am I supposed to be looking at here? The fact that NDSU outrushed GSU by 128 yards? NDSU's 8.5 yards per rush compared to Georgia Southerns' 3.9 yards per rush? That Georgia Southern went for it 5 times on 4th down and only converted two? That Georgia Southern had 3 turnovers and NDSU had 0? That NDSU scored 21 points in a row?

Time of possession was similar, and Georgia Southern had more yards, but their yards per pass and yards per rush were much lower than NDSU's. I watched that game, and the Bison looked better all around.

Look at how the drives ended. A couple of breaks the other way and that game was much different. I'm looking beyond the box score, that means look beyond the stats.

I'm just using the logic posted by another Bison poster. I'm not trying to change the outcome of the game at all. If we're not to use that logic, then that means the SDSU game was a tight game and ya'll squeezed by with a 3 point win. Prevent defense is not an excuse.

Eagle22
November 24th, 2012, 09:21 PM

GSU beat App State twice in 2001 .... in Boone, and in Statesboro. We split a pair the same season with Furman, unfortunately dropping the playoff game in Paul Johnson's last home game before going to Navy. I also know that UCONN beat UMASS twice in the regular season back in 1998, though it was UMASS that had the last laugh that season after UCONN couldn't get by GSU. I'm sure there are other instances of this happening, but those are the three that come immediately to mind.

It wasn't easy to beat ASU once, much less twice ... but the Eagles were able to manage it. We just weren't cut out that year to win the SoCon twice over, as we lost to Furman.

Red & Black
November 24th, 2012, 09:23 PM
It's tough to beat a team twice in one season but I'm not sure SDSU can pull this one off. Possible, yes, but not probable. I'll be rooting for 'em anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgbison
November 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM
The week of rest will be huge for NDSU. Our offense gets an extra week to prepare, I think we have a huge advantage.

It will be interesting to see if NDSU gets their TE back from injury. He's important in our pass protection scheme. #34 for SDSU is damn good player and really caused some havoc in the first meeting. He's lined up against a freshman tackle and it showed. If #47 is back, its gonna force SDSU to bring pressure from somewhere else.

Also, teams can't run the ball on us. Our d-line is on a completely different level than SDSU's o-line. Zenner may get 100 yards, but if he does, he's gonna carry the ball 30 some times. It'll be interesting to see what SDSU tries to do offensively.

Gonna be a great atmosphere and its why playoffs are awesome.

stevdock
November 24th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Box score doesn't take into account the prevent D td drive at end of game, hence why I said beyond the box score...

Semantics, I know :)

FWIW the TD scored against NDSU at the end of the game was not against a true prevent defense. Instead it was a soft cover 2. Some aspects are the same as a prevent, but we were still rushing 4. They just beat us.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 09:33 PM
FWIW the TD scored against NDSU at the end of the game was not against a true prevent defense. Instead it was a soft cover 2. Some aspects are the same as a prevent, but we were still rushing 4. They just beat us.

This guy.

That's pertinent information and should give NDSU fans a bit of pause. This should be a slugfest.

stevdock
November 24th, 2012, 09:37 PM
This guy.

That's pertinent information and should give NDSU fans a bit of pause. This should be a slugfest.

Now did we play that soft cover 2 because we were up 10?? Yes. Would we have played that if we were only up 3?? Heck no. But to give them credit they did find the holes in the zone and shredded that defensive alignment.

NDSUBowler
November 24th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Details!!!!

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Now did we play that soft cover 2 because we were up 10?? Yes. Would we have played that if we were only up 3?? Heck no. But to give them credit they did find the holes in the zone and shredded that defensive alignment.

Which is why I believe in the stomp on the throat strategy. Playing soft can get you beat right at the end.

Not many coaches agree with me though.

Vitojr130
November 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM
What's more important is that NDSU has won something like 95% of games that had a bye week leading up to them...

NDSU will win this by 10.

aces1180
November 24th, 2012, 09:45 PM
As a Bison fan, I'm not that concerned about this game...Since I believe 1964, SDSU has won one game in Fargo...ONE. Who cares if they are not intimidated by the Fargodome...They still haven't proven they can consistently win on the road against the Herd.

With the week of rest and prep time, the Bison win this match-up by 10-14 points.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM
What's more important is that NDSU has won something like 95% of games that had a bye week leading up to them...

NDSU will win this by 10.

How about South Dakota State has only won 1 of the last 9 meetings at the Fargodome? There's a stat for ya.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2012, 09:50 PM
As a Bison fan, I'm not that concerned about this game...Since I believe 1964, SDSU has won one game in Fargo...ONE. Who cares if they are not intimidated by the Fargodome...They still haven't proven they can consistently win on the road against the Herd.

With the week of rest and prep time, the Bison win this match-up by 10-14 points.

I was too lazy to go back farther than '99

Vitojr130
November 24th, 2012, 09:51 PM
How about South Dakota State has only won 1 of the last 9 meetings at the Fargodome? There's a stat for ya.

Yes, ^this too. SDSU will give us a good game, like last time, but in the end will fall by about 10 points.

clawman
November 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Thoughts and discussions on this game. Should be a whale of a game against two rivals.

Can the Bison beat the Jacks twice???

Discuss...

Regardless what happens in the game, two conference rivals should not meet in this point of the playoffs. How can a "committee" or reasonably intelligent football people let this happen?

FargoBison
November 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Regardless what happens in the game, two conference rivals should not meet in this point of the playoffs. How can a "committee" or reasonably intelligent football people let this happen?

Agreed and some on the committee tried to say that but I guess the majority didn't care.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 10:11 PM

Agreed and some on the committee tried to say that but I guess the majority didn't care.

Welcome to the hell the Socon goes through most years. I don't understand it myself.

eaglewraith
November 24th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Double post....damn Mac

robsnotes4u
November 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
All this stats mean nothing. I am sure both teams have learned things from the first meeting. Listening to fans and reading these boards tells me they are scared, which doesn't matter. This game is played by the players and coached by the coaches. As a fan, you can say what you want about the last game, but it was close and easily could have been won by SDSU. I think SDSU lost the game more than the Bison won, just my perception, which again doesn't matter.

Buckle up Bison, you are in for a tough one. I don't think you can hold down the SDSU running attack again like you did before. Pressure is on NDSU, SDSU is on a high with nothing to lose, and you left the door open for them to believe in themselves.

I picked NDSU in my bracket to win this, but now my feelings have changed. 24-13 SDSU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevdock
November 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM
All this stats mean nothing. I am sure both teams have learned things from the first meeting. Listening to fans and reading these boards tells me they are scared, which doesn't matter. This game is played by the players and coached by the coaches. As a fan, you can say what you want about the last game, but it was close and easily could have been won by SDSU. I think SDSU lost the game more than the Bison won, just my perception, which again doesn't matter.

Buckle up Bison, you are in for a tough one. I don't think you can hold down the SDSU running attack again like you did before. Pressure is on NDSU, SDSU is on a high with nothing to lose, and you left the door open for them to believe in themselves.

I picked NDSU in my bracket to win this, but now my feelings have changed. 24-13 SDSU

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but their RB will not go off on us. I dont remember the last time any RB went big on our defense and its not going to start next weekend.

robsnotes4u
November 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but their RB will not go off on us. I dont remember the last time any RB went big on our defense and its not going to start next weekend.

Going to be a great game. I don't have tickets but will have a couple cold ones at the Gastropub as I watch this and the Bobcats play. There were a few Bison in watching the game today at the Gastropub, just goes to show people they are football fans.

moose
November 25th, 2012, 12:11 AM

Buckle up Bison, you are in for a tough one. I don't think you can hold down the SDSU running attack again like you did before.... Pressure is on NDSU, SDSU is on a high with nothing to lose, and you left the door open for them to believe in themselves.

Now, where have I heard that before? xchinscratchx

Reign of Terrier
November 25th, 2012, 12:35 AM
It's very hard to beat a team twice in a season. With that said, both teams like to run the ball a lot and play good defense. Whichever team can stick to their own gameplan and control the TOP with points at the end of drives should win....it's a who wants it more kind of thing.

I say it's a toss up, I'll be rooting for SDSU, because I think if they win and Wofford wins, Wofford could very well host the second round game.

Vitojr130
November 25th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but this is going to be the 100th meeting between NDSU and SDSU.

Oh, and NDSU leads the series 54-40 with 5 ties.

KUlawJack
November 25th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but this is going to be the 100th meeting between NDSU and SDSU.

Oh, and NDSU leads the series 54-40 with 5 ties.

Pretty awesome for the 100th meeting

bisonwest
November 25th, 2012, 01:33 AM
SDSU may have been the last team in, but in my opinion they are a top 5 team in this field. Unfortunately for the Jacks, the Bison are the best team in the nation, playing at home in a place SDSU doesn't play well in. I'll take the Bison by 10.

This should be a tight game. If SDSU pulls off the upset I see a deep playoff run, and possibly a trip to Texas.

Dakotaguy74
November 25th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Last game neither team played to their potential I thought. Huge home advantage to NDSU. But a return trip for SDSU lessens that home advantage. I think the Jacks figure out the dome and the Bison and learn to score. Jacks in an upset.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Yes, the Jacks are a good team but in the 1st game their offense did almost nothing.

IMO, if the Bison do not turn it over they will win by 2 TDs.

GO BISON

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I dont remember the last time any RB went big on our defense and its not going to start next weekend.
Taiwan Jones from EWU absolutely shredded the Bison D in the first half of the 2010 quarterfinal before leaving with an injury. He's a much different runner than Zenner however. This is also a much better defense than that year's defense.

Having said that the Bison aren't going to win this game based on the last game's box score or based on defensive reputation. It comes down to the same keys from 3 weeks ago. Limit Zenner to less than 100 yards and don't turn it over on offense. Make Sumner beat you. He has the ability but if he's dropping back 25+ times the Bison are going to get pressure on him and the likelihood of a turnover goes way up. Likewise, the NDSU O-line needs to do a better job of pass protection against SDSU's front four than they did in the last matchup or else Jensen is going to struggle again.

ASU_Fanatic
November 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
SDSU wins 31-17

NDSU fans cry in the Fargo dome as a long winter sets in

Screamin_Eagle174
November 25th, 2012, 10:37 AM
A few reasons why I think SDSU pulls off the upset:

- All of the pressure is on the #1 ranked team, at home, who will be favored to win. Nobody expects SDSU to win this game.
- SDSU played terrible in the meeting a couple weeks ago and still only lost by 3.
- Fumble inside SDSU's own 25 yard line & 2 stupid penalties (illegal substitution & roughing passer) set up the Bison's only TD's.
- Intimidate factor is gone since we just played there 2 weeks ago. All underclassmen now know that we can hang & what to expect.
- Perry is out.
- O is playing much, much better.

Nobody gives them a chance, but the Jacks pull off the MASSIVE upset!!! SDSU wins 24-20, in a higher scoring affair than most anticipate.

It wouldn't be an upset. xsmiley_wix

ASU_Fanatic
November 25th, 2012, 10:39 AM
NDSU is very overrated and SDSU is heating up. There is no dominate team in the playoffs this year, NDSU comes out cold and the Jacks will build a big early lead and despite a cute run Jacks still win by two scores

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 10:41 AM
God, I hope that the Jacks sincerely believe the penalties were the only reason they lost. Please play exactly the same way, please.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM

don't go

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
The first team to 21 wins.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 10:45 AM
NDSU is very overrated and SDSU is heating up. There is no dominate team in the playoffs this year, NDSU comes out cold and the Jacks will build a big early lead and despite a cute run Jacks still win by two scores

Boy that sure sounds like last year.

NDSU's last 5 games going into the postseason

W SDSU 38-14
W UNI 27-19
W @ ISUb 27-16
L YSU 27-24
W @ WIU 37-21

The JMU game was typical of the rest of those games then Beast Mode kicked in.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Taiwan Jones from EWU absolutely shredded the Bison D in the first half of the 2010 quarterfinal before leaving with an injury. He's a much different runner than Zenner however. This is also a much better defense than that year's defense.

Having said that the Bison aren't going to win this game based on the last game's box score or based on defensive reputation. It comes down to the same keys from 3 weeks ago. Limit Zenner to less than 100 yards and don't turn it over on offense. Make Sumner beat you. He has the ability but if he's dropping back 25+ times the Bison are going to get pressure on him and the likelihood of a turnover goes way up. Likewise, the NDSU O-line needs to do a better job of pass protection against SDSU's front four than they did in the last matchup or else Jensen is going to struggle again.

I think you are the most realistic non-bias fan.

DJnva
November 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM

As a team that could greatly benefit from NDSU losing, I like it.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I like it.

ASU_Fanatic
November 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
As a team that could greatly benefit from NDSU losing, I like it.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I like it.

I've got App over ODU in the finals

Bison56
November 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
The Jacks played a great game against EIU, but NDSU isnt EIU. With that said it will be a nail bitter. As long as the Bison O doesnt give up points I see the Bison winning a close one.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2012, 12:44 PM
SDSU wins 31-17

NDSU fans cry in the Fargo dome as a long winter sets in

Whatever drugs you are smoking up in Appy land must be good, if you think a team is going to come into the dome and roll up 31 on our defense.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
SDSU on a last second FG

SDSU 27
NDSU 24

Kegerator
November 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM
If these two teams play 20 times, I think NDSU wins 16 of those. The question is, is this next game one of the 16 or one of the 4. I like the momentum the Jacks have and, the homer that I am, I predict 31-30 Jacks win, with the Bison scoring 3 TDs in the last half of the 4th quarter.I think most fans of either team would agree the Bison have more talent, but that the Jacks have a lot too.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM
SDSU on a last second FG

SDSU 27
NDSU 24

http://trueslant.com/joshuakucera/files/2009/11/shocked-to-find-gaming.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 02:44 PM
If these two teams play 20 times, I think NDSU wins 16 of those. The question is, is this next game one of the 16 or one of the 4. I like the momentum the Jacks have and, the homer that I am, I predict 31-30 Jacks win, with the Bison scoring 3 TDs in the last half of the 4th quarter.I think most fans of either team would agree the Bison have more talent, but that the Jacks have a lot too.

How does your *** feel from pulling that out of it?

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2012, 02:46 PM
How does your *** feel from pulling that out of it?
Prolly better than yours did when you were training it to talk.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Prolly better than yours did when you were training it to talk.

Well let's break it down. SDSU has won 1 time in the Fargodome in the last 13 years. NDSU has given up no more than 21 pts in any game this season and SDSU scored 17 last time.

How in the world, without just plain makin' **** up, does that analysis wash?

FargoBison
November 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Gotta love another year in the playoffs and more people talking about going into the dome and throwing 30+ points up on the Bison defense. Hasn't been done in three years....

aces1180
November 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Well let's break it down. SDSU has won 1 time in the Fargodome in the last 13 years. NDSU has given up no more than 21 pts in any game this season and SDSU scored 17 last time.

You say once in the last 13 years....You should just say once ever...And only once in the city of Fargo since 1964.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2012, 02:55 PM
You say once in the last 13 years....You should just say once ever...And only once in the city of Fargo since 1964.

But didn't you hear....the dome has no affect on SDSU. They are impervious to it.

aces1180
November 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
But didn't you hear....the dome has no affect on SDSU. They are impervious to it.

Yes...Might as well call it CAS North...

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Regular season doesn't mean ****!! This is the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM

Because the Bison clearly play worse in the playoffs.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2012, 03:15 PM

I don't think you strengthened your case.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Because the Bison clearly play worse in the playoffs.

I didn't say that. But you keep throwing out stats from regular season games. You can't do that when it comes to playing a team for the second time in the playoffs. NDSU is beatable in the playoffs, and in the dome. You guys are not invincible, SDSU played a great game yesterday and has momentum you think they are going to roll over and die because they are playing NDSU for the second time? No they are going to try harder, tweak their gameplan, and do what they can to cure all of the mistakes done in the first game.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I didn't say that. But you keep throwing out stats from regular season games. You can't do that when it comes to playing a team for the second time in the playoffs. NDSU is beatable in the playoffs, and in the dome. You guys are not invincible, SDSU played a great game yesterday and has momentum you think they are going to roll over and die because they are playing NDSU for the second time? No they are going to try harder, tweak their gameplan, and do what they can to cure all of the mistakes done in the first game.

You are kidding yourself if you don't think this applies to both teams, and NDSU is the better team.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 03:22 PM
You are kidding yourself if you don't think this applies to both teams, and NDSU is the better team.

I am sure Bohl is going to have his team do the same thing. That's why I predicted a 3 point game. Its going to be a smashmouth football game between two good teams. May the best team win.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM

NDSU is undefeated in the dome in the FCS era and has only lost 1 game total. I just love how you wouldn't pick the Bison to win if it was playing a 7th grade team from Discovery Middle School.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 03:25 PM
NDSU is undefeated in the dome in the FCS era and has only lost 1 game total. I just love how you wouldn't pick the Bison to win if it was playing a 7th grade team from Discovery Middle School.

So you guys make fun of me if I pick the Bison which I did a bunch of times last season (uh oh Darell picked NDSU), and if I pick an opponent of the Bison I get **** on for that. Boy I can't win with you Bison guys.;)

Thundar
November 25th, 2012, 04:10 PM

So your saying that game was closure than 35-7?

kingranch
November 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
So you guys make fun of me if I pick the Bison which I did a bunch of times last season (uh oh Darell picked NDSU), and if I pick an opponent of the Bison I get **** on for that. Boy I can't win with you Bison guys.;)

than dont play!!!!!

frozennorth
November 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
these are the same teams and same players as the regular season. Yes, you can use prior evidence to analyze future games. Nothing has changed.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
these are the same teams and same players as the regular season. Yes, you can use prior evidence to analyze future games. Nothing has changed.

Well that's why they play the game. We will see if NDSU can sweep the Jacks or can the Jacks win when it counts the most.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 25th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I believe that NDSU will pull it out with the 12th man behind them. Being the game is at home. But it is NOT going to be a game to be taken lightly. The way I see it either team could take this one. And I believe the winner of this game will go to Frisco. But on the other hand, I believe that NDSU got the complete and total shaft in the selection process. The number one seed overall should have a realetively easy go of it, until the semi final game.

MarkyMark
November 25th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I really like NDSU's chances because of the bye week.

Bison come in fresh and healthy and our coaching staff has had an extra week to put together a great game plan. I don't think this one will be as close as the last one with NDSU winning by a comfortable margin.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Bohl's record after a bye week....

2012: 66-7 win vs Prarie View A&M
2011: 17-6 win vs SHSU
2011: 26-14 win vs JMU
2011: 37-24 Win at Minnesota
2010: 20-6 Win vs SIU
2009: 56-17 Win at Indiana State
2008: 48-27 Win at Missouri State
2007: no bye week
2006: 23-10 Win vs Northeastern
2005: 14-20 Loss vs UC Davis
2004: 24-14 Win at Nicholls State
2003: 24-0 Win vs SDSU

10-1 Record

68ndsuBISONfan
November 25th, 2012, 04:49 PM
As fro not having LeVonne Perry. He was injured on a cheap shot from a Jacks player. What comes around goes around. Watch your back at all times # 61.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Default Re: South Dakota State vs North Dakota State

Bison are the better team but the Jacks are definitely capable of winning this game. Should be a very good game and too bad one of these teams has to go home this early.

Amen to that. That is very sad. Both of these teams deserved more than that in the selection process.

aces1180
November 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
As fro not having LeVonne Perry. He was injured on a cheap shot from a Jacks player. What comes around goes around. Watch your back at all times # 61.

But we have Brian Schatz in this game, who was out in the first meeting.

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Only 52.03% of fans think NDSU is going to win? Really?

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM

It's the Game of the Century

Ginsbach
November 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM

If we're talking about playoffs, there's the fact that SDSU just picked up their first first playoff win in their program's history. They have a 1-2 overall playoff record in D-II and FCS combined.

NDSU's is a little different.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 25th, 2012, 05:21 PM

I think you are seeing a reflection of what most fans without a vested interest "hope" happens, not what they actually "think" will happen... Everyone likes rooting for an underdog.

As I've said before, I truly feel SDSU will win the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I think you are seeing a reflection of what most fans without a vested interest "hope" happens, not what they actually "think" will happen... Everyone likes rooting for an underdog.

As I've said before, I truly feel SDSU will win the game.

God, FINALLY an honest answer here.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Um. robsnotes4u. How did the NDSU football team leave the door open for SDSU to believe in themselves? Did NDSU have anything to do with the selection process that matched these two teams up against each other ? I'm confused on this one, maybe you can clarify that for me. Seems you seem to be an expert.

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM
What was the temp in Brookings on Saturday, I know it was around 20 in Grand Forks when I left.

kiddakota
November 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM
It also leaves out the fact that SDSU scored a touchdown against prevent defense with 40 seconds remaining in the game. 20-10 doesn't seem nearly as close for some reason.

Your logic is not logical, you say if the score was 20-10 does that some how not make to whole game over all a close hard fought struggle but some how a late touchdown equals a game not that close..

OK then do you credit SDSU with your last TD due to their stupid mistakes that keep your drive going more than once??? come on it is what it is, was a good game that neither side played their best game.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 25th, 2012, 06:03 PM
EIU was a disgrace to watch. They were unable, and what looked like unwilling to get anything going with the offense. It seemed as there guys were afraid to get hit. Well, that is football.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Um. robsnotes4u. How did the NDSU football team leave the door open for SDSU to believe in themselves? Did NDSU have anything to do with the selection process that matched these two teams up against each other ? I'm confused on this one, maybe you can clarify that for me. Seems you seem to be an expert.

Unfortunately NDSU fans seem to be the experts, nobody else can be right. A high percentage of NDSU fans on this board act like you are invincible, yet complain that you have to play someone like SDSU in the second round. Who do you care who you play, if you are the best? Don't say it isn't fair to SDSU, you don't care about them, all you want is an easy path.

NDSU left the door open by
...barely winning 20-17
...SDSU held you to two touchdowns which one was given to you due to a fourth down penalty, and an earlier roughing the passer penalty to keep a drive alive.
...251-209 total yards
...this was one play from being a loss for the Bison

NDSU didn't do anything to make SDSU not think they can win this game, in your own house. Sdsu has more than hope, they can truly believe the will win. There is a huge difference. This is obvious by the fans not wanting to play them.

The psychological edge is in SDSU's favor. The pressure is on NDSU.

If the Bison lose what will the excuses be?
...the refs were unfair
...they got lucky because
....The coaches should have
...we shouldn't have had them in our bracket
...we were hurt

You will not here, SDSU out played and out coached us.

This isn't directed to all NDSU fans, because I am a fan of the team myself.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 06:11 PM
If we're talking about playoffs, there's the fact that SDSU just picked up their first first playoff win in their program's history. They have a 1-2 overall playoff record in D-II and FCS combined.

NDSU's is a little different.

I still can't believe they didn't make the playoffs more in the NCC. They were always a tough team but I suppose you can only have 1 or 2 teams out the NCC and the other Dakota teams hogged that in the last 4 decades.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
EIU was a disgrace to watch. They were unable, and what looked like unwilling to get anything going with the offense. It seemed as there guys were afraid to get hit. Well, that is football.

If NDSU would have did what SDSU did the line would be. NDSU took them out of their game by the crushing defense and unstoppable offense. We clearly beat them at every aspect of the game, out classed them.

Sound about right?

Give SDSU some credit, they played one hell of a game.

344Johnson
November 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
NDSU left the door open by
...barely winning 20-17
...SDSU held you to two touchdowns which one was given to you due to a fourth down penalty, and an earlier roughing the passer penalty to keep a drive alive.
...251-209 total yards
...this was one play from being a loss for the Bison

NDSU didn't do anything to make SDSU not think they can win this game, in your own house. Sdsu has more than hope, they can truly believe the will win. There is a huge difference. This is obvious by the fans not wanting to play them.

The psychological edge is in SDSU's favor. The pressure is on NDSU.

Any game that is settled by a possession is one play away from going otherwise. Scoring against the NDSU defense in a play? Very difficult.

The pressure is always on the higher seed. The pressure was on NDSU last year in the playoffs and the boys did just fine and dandy. Does SDSU believe they can win? Sure, they played a very good game with NDSU a couple weeks ago. Does that mean SDSU has some psychological advantage? I don't think so. They got NDSU's undivided attention for a full week and probably some of last week as well.

I wrestled in high school, and did pretty dang good. Anytime I had a close call with someone I felt like I should have beaten worse, I made a point the next time I went against them to put any illusions of grandeur they might have had to bed. Does that mean SDSU won't win this saturday? Nope. NDSU is a better team and I expect will show that on Saturday.

I think Zenner has a similar game to last time. I think the Bison offense plays a little bit better. Bison win.

The reason you hear NDSU fans complaining is not from being afraid of SDSU I assume. Not many people like playing the same team twice and as the #1 seed, our guys should have received the winner of the Colgate/Wagner game.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
NDSU by three scores. Zenner has less than 100 again and Crockett has a huge day. Looking forward to seeing another triple option team in the dome the following week in Wofford.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Any game that is settled by a possession is one play away from going otherwise. Scoring against the NDSU defense in a play? Very difficult.

The pressure is always on the higher seed. The pressure was on NDSU last year in the playoffs and the boys did just fine and dandy. Does SDSU believe they can win? Sure, they played a very good game with NDSU a couple weeks ago. Does that mean SDSU has some psychological advantage? I don't think so. They got NDSU's undivided attention for a full week and probably some of last week as well.

I wrestled in high school, and did pretty dang good. Anytime I had a close call with someone I felt like I should have beaten worse, I made a point the next time I went against them to put any illusions of grandeur they might have had to bed. Does that mean SDSU won't win this saturday? Nope. NDSU is a better team and I expect will show that on Saturday.

I think Zenner has a similar game to last time. I think the Bison offense plays a little bit better. Bison win.

The reason you hear NDSU fans complaining is not from being afraid of SDSU I assume. Not many people like playing the same team twice and as the #1 seed, our guys should have received the winner of the Colgate/Wagner game.

I agree in the fans minds you shouldn't play them again. Unfortunately other people, the polls and the committee didn't have as high an opinion of SDSU. With that in mind the last in, or lowest seeds always play the highest seeds. That is reality.

I also wrestled, and many times in freestyle tournaments I would wrestle the second or third best wrestler in early rounds, because we were not seeded. They just had an open draw format.I knew once I defeated them, the rest of the tourney was easy. I like being #1, and getting the others early before they settled in and gained confidence. Nationals was different, clearly the number two guy, and I wrestled the number 1 guy early. Not a good result, but did come back to take second due to the point system for placing in AAU.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
NDSU by three scores. Zenner has less than 100 again and Crockett has a huge day. Looking forward to seeing another triple option team in the dome the following week in Wofford.

3 scores, huh? xcoffeex I guess we'll see.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 06:50 PM
3 scores, huh? xcoffeex I guess we'll see.

Yeah, I think 17 is about the right number.

68ndsuBISONfan
November 25th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Very well put 344Johnson.
The BISON should have received the COLGATE/WAGNER winner. enough said.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Very well put 344Johnson.
The BISON should have received the COLGATE/WAGNER winner. enough said.

Gotta deal with the hand you are dealt. You guys have home field throughout. Now you just gotta win.

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Gotta deal with the hand you are dealt. You guys have home field throughout. Now you just gotta win.

By bringing this up over and over again, it makes it look like NDSU is afraid to play the Rabbits. :(

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM
The only team complaining about who they play, is the #1 team from #1 conference. How does that grab you? Embarrassing. You really need a little cheese to go with that whine.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 07:12 PM
By bringing this up over and over again, it makes it look like NDSU is afraid to play the Rabbits. :(

Correct, the fans are. I doubt Bohl or the team are, even though they respect SDSU and know it will be a dog fight.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM
The only team complaining about who they play, is the #1 team from #1 conference. How does that grab you? Embarrassing. You really need a little cheese to go with that whine.

Are you still pretending to be an NDSU fan? You'd get a lot more credit for your opinions around here if you would discontinue this disengenous display that's been going on.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Afraid of a realist. Like my wife said today, she is an NDSU fan when her Griz aren't involved, but she is not a fan of NDSU fans. Read posts from other schools on here and compare.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Afraid of a realist. Like my wife said today, she is an NDSU fan when her Griz aren't involved, but she is not a fan of NDSU fans. Read posts from other schools on here and compare.

If that's a question, the answer is no, I'm not afraid of realists. You on the other hand are presenting yourself as a fan, when clearly it is your goal to disparage the program at every turn.

Realist? Far from it.

If you were truly a realist, you would recognize that the only reason SDSU is coming to Fargo this week is for the NCAA to save on travel costs. They are far from being the worst team in the tournament. I don't know how tournaments work in your world, but where I'm from the #1 seed gets to play the worst team for their first game.

Yeah, yeah, NDSU is the #1 seed and they should be able to beat whoever lines up in front of them. I agree. But, what was the point of the regular season or even seeding teams for that matter if you aren't going to follow the idea that the #1 seed in the tournament has earned the easiest path to the championship. That's just the way it works, not my opinion.

Southern Bison
November 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM

And the Whioux's 2012 playoff run consists of...Happy Harry's, Burger Time, & Redbox

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Did you forget SDSU was one of the last two in, that means they almost did nt get to play in the tourney? So if they are one of the last two that means the winner plays the #1 seed. Is it that hard to understand?

Reality. Checkmate.

Ginsbach
November 25th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Did you forget SDSU was one of the last two in, that means they almost did nt get to play in the tourney? So if they are one of the last two that means the winner plays the #1 seed. Is it that hard to understand?

Reality. Checkmate.

They were one of the last two at-larges to make it in. Significant difference from one of the last two in.

FargoBison
November 25th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Reality. Checkmate.

SDSU was one of the last at-larges into the field...there are 10 of them. The five worst teams were in no order colgate, wagner, eiu, ccu and bc-u. So in reality NDSU is playing the 13th or 14th best team in the tournament if you believe the committee.

No_Skill
November 25th, 2012, 07:56 PM

Reality. Checkmate.

Last team in does not equal the worst team in the field. If you can't see that, there is no point discussing this any further with you.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM

Reality. Checkmate.

Haha, checkmate?!?

This post shows such a lack of understanding of how the tournament is put together that I'll end this conversation here as you don't have the proper frame of reference to have an educated opinion.

Southern Bison
November 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
This simply comes down to $$ bills.

The 400-mile rule for busing vs. flying a team is what dictated which playoff games were set to correspond with the 4 top seeds. The NCAA's hopes that Coastal Carolina & SDSU won their opening round game (and the fact that it happened) means that Coastal Carolina travels for 320 miles by bus to Norfolk, VA and SDSU rides for 190 miles.

I'm looking forward to a great rematch of MVFC teams and I look for a 30-13 win by the Bison on Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM

Reality. Checkmate.

Anybody else missing Mpls and Lakes right about now?

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Haha, checkmate?!?

This post shows such a lack of understanding of how the tournament is put together that I'll end this conversation here as you don't have the proper frame of reference to have an educated opinion.

Wow did you have to be a dick about it?

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Wow did you have to be a dick about it?

Purple font?

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 08:15 PM
And the Whioux's 2012 playoff run consists of...Happy Harry's, Burger Time, & Redbox

Hey I like Burger Time!!!

344Johnson
November 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Anybody else missing Mpls and Lakes right about now?

Lakes would be going ape**** right now. Bring him back.

PuMp IT Up! RaINfOrESt!

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Are you kidding me.. Lets say you have a 20 team field, you have filled 19 of the spots, is the last team not the 20th? It may not state it, but use some common sense. Now add the rule regarding geography and you have the perfect storm.

Take the big sky, if cal poly received the #3 seed rather than MSU, MSU could have had a playoff game in the 2nd round against EWU because of the geographical locations. Big deal.

There are other teams who had more to complain about than you, yes the bubble teams.

I bet you were one of the guys who were pointed out to me sitting at a table last year watching a FCS game. I was told those 5 guys are on the forum all the time. My wife, a great athlete, laughed and said, "doesn't surprise me , arm chair quarterbacks, who never played sports, let alone football"

Quit proving my point about the whining and move on. Say something constructive about the game this week. Read some of the ASU and GSU posts about their games, classy. They have been there many times. They respect teams and the FCS.

Good luck to the good fans, professor chaos, just to name one. Cheer hard.

344Johnson
November 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Are you kidding me.. Lets say you have a 20 team field, you have filled 19 of the spots, is the last team not the 20th?

The last at-large team is the last team technically. But they are obviously much better than plenty of the auto-bids.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM

God, I miss Burger Time. Their original location opened when I was in high school just blocks from my house.

Bigger burger combo for $2.08

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 08:31 PM
The last at-large team is the last team technically. But they are obviously much better than plenty of the auto-bids.

I agree totally, and that does suck.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Are you kidding me.. Lets say you have a 20 team field, you have filled 19 of the spots, is the last team not the 20th? It may not state it, but use some common sense. Now add the rule regarding geography and you have the perfect storm.

Take the big sky, if cal poly received the #3 seed rather than MSU, MSU could have had a playoff game in the 2nd round against EWU because of the geographical locations. Big deal.

There are other teams who had more to complain about than you, yes the bubble teams.

I bet you were one of the guys who were pointed out to me sitting at a table last year watching a FCS game. I was told those 5 guys are on the forum all the time. My wife, a great athlete, laughed and said, "doesn't surprise me , arm chair quarterbacks, who never played sports, let alone football"

Quit proving my point about the whining and move on. Say something constructive about the game this week. Read some of the ASU and GSU posts about their games, classy. They have been there many times. They respect teams and the FCS.

Good luck to the good fans, professor chaos, just to name one. Cheer hard.

xeyebrowx

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 08:36 PM
God, I miss Burger Time. Their original location opened when I was in high school just blocks from my house.

Bigger burger combo for $2.08

First time I ever went there I saw the sign--- Bigger burger 1.89 or something like that. So I ordered two because---how big could it really be for 1.89 right.

Damn thing was as big as a whopper and tasted great.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM
First time I ever went there I saw the sign--- Bigger burger 1.89 or something like that. So I ordered two because---how big could it really be for 1.89 right.

Damn thing was as big as a whopper and tasted great.

A lot of great onion rings and the pop was monstrous. Definitely a best buy IMO.

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
A lot of great onion rings and the pop was monstrous. Definitely a best buy IMO.

I will be heading back to Fargo for the playoffs in a couple of days. Will make a note to eat there again.

Ginsbach
November 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I will be heading back to Fargo for the playoffs in a couple of days. Will make a note to eat there again.

The three places I have to visit every time I'm in Fargo are JL Beers, King House, and Burger Time. Conveniently, they're all fairly close to each other in downtown but don't try to go to all three in a row. Trust me on this one.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I agree totally, and that does suck.

Well which is it then? Is SDSU the 20th best team in the tournament or not. You just agreed that they are better than plenty of the autobids.

Drblankstare
November 25th, 2012, 09:04 PM
The three places I have to visit every time I'm in Fargo are JL Beers, King House, and Burger Time. Conveniently, they're all fairly close to each other in downtown but don't try to go to all three in a row. Trust me on this one.

Big fight at our house about whose got he best burger in Fargo. I go with Jl Beers the wife goes with Burger Time, the brother in law goes with smash burger, which shouldn't count because its a national chain.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Just because I believe they are better doesn't matter, they are #20. I don't have a vote. According to the FCS coaches poll, who knows better about teams than their peers, they are 21.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Big fight at our house about whose got he best burger in Fargo. I go with Jl Beers the wife goes with Burger Time, the brother in law goes with smash burger, which shouldn't count because its a national chain.

Haven't had Jl beers, but like smash bros., what about five guys. Gastropub has some great burgers also

FargoBison
November 25th, 2012, 09:09 PM
JL Beers is the best in town, love their chips as well.

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Just because I believe they are better doesn't matter, they are #20. I don't have a vote. According to the FCS coaches poll, who knows better about teams than their peers, they are 21.

That is a very different stance than you took earlier, why the change?

Edit: Bethune Cookman was 22 and Colgate was 25, Wagner was in the others receiving votes, so even by the reference you used they aren't the worst team in the tournament.

Ginsbach
November 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Haven't had Jl beers, but like smash bros., what about five guys. Gastropub has some great burgers also

JL Beers is the best in town, love their chips as well.

It's a tough contest between JL Beers and Burger Time, but I'd have to agree with you and say JL is the best. There's nothing better than sitting down with a JL Burger and cajun or BBQ chips, but going through the drive-through and getting a Double Bigger Burger combo is a close second.

Out of the chains, Fargo's Smashburger is much better than the Five Guys in town. I love the Five Guys in Poky, but the one in Fargo isn't the greatest. Also, for what it's worth, the North Dakota burger at the Fargo Smashburger is better than any of the other state-specific burgers I've had in other states.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 09:38 PM

Last time I was in Fargo, we went to JL Beers. The burger underwhelmed me. Burger time is a fast food-ish burger so they really aren't in the same class.

Since this is a SDSU thread, I'd take a Z'kota burger over any of them.

Twentysix
November 25th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Last time I was in Fargo, we went to JL Beers. The burger underwhelmed me. Burger time is a fast food-ish burger so they really aren't in the same class.

Id take the deep fried hotdogs, ripper dog or w/e, in brookings over all but a JLBeers burger.

Southern Bison
November 25th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Nice tangent I started, eh?

Ginsbach
November 25th, 2012, 09:44 PM

Did you go to downtown, West Fargo, or Moorhead? The downtown is the best (and original) location. The JL and the Humpty Dumpty are both awesome.

Between Fargo and Brookings on I29 the best burger has to be the Newman Burger at the Dakota Drive In in Hankinson. Try it the next time you're stuck on that desolate stretch of road.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM
That is a very different stance than you took earlier, why the change?

Edit: Bethune Cookman was 22 and Colgate was 25, Wagner was in the others receiving votes, so even by the reference you used they aren't the worst team in the tournament.

No different. Did you have an aneurism? You really should go see a medical doctor then a psychiatrist. You should be ok after Saturday, unless your hypochondriac nature lets you mind think something else is wrong with the playoffs.

Give me a half hour I will getting into that subconscious mind of yours and rewire it. I promise I won't make you bark like a dog, or any other hypnotic funny trick.

If that doesn't work, I can just buy you a beer.

Let you in on a secret, I am not part of the committee, I don't get to vote. My opinion doesn't matter to you or anyone else. My perception is my reality, as is your perception is your reality.

Perception comes from past experiences of your subconscious mind, your experiences are vastly different than mine. Giving us different perception.

I will leave you with this, but a beer is still an option
Third rule of the mind.
Imagination is more powerful than knowledge when dealing with you own mind, or the mind of another, reason is easily overruled by imagination. This is why some people rush into an unreasonable act or situation.any idea accompanied by a strong emotion such as anger,hatred, love, usually can not be modified through the use of reason.

You are not alone.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Did you go to downtown, West Fargo, or Moorhead? The downtown is the best (and original) location. The JL and the Humpty Dumpty are both awesome.

Between Fargo and Brookings on I29 the best burger has to be the Newman Burger at the Dakota Drive In in Hankinson. Try it the next time you're stuck on that desolate stretch of road.

Is that the place across from the nuns building that closes during the winter time, on the north side of the highway. If so, they do have good burgers. We eat there I'm the way to hunt by ledger wood

NoDak 4 Ever
November 25th, 2012, 09:49 PM

If I'm in Hankinson, I'm only getting gas or losing money, period.

When I went to SDSU for a year, I practically lived on George's Pizza and Z'kota burgers. They basically bought a Hardee's building and made burgers with fresher ingredients. Not sure if it is still as good, but I loved it.

I'm not sure what it was about JL Beers. We were at the downtown location near the old Stroupers/21st Amendment (shows how long I've been out of Fargo). I thought the burger patty had too much pepper, just didn't dig it. I have a friend who loves the place.

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 09:52 PM

Five guys are over cooked and fries are greasy. VERY over rated. IMO Smashmouth I will have to try.

BisonBohl
November 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
JL Burgers are very good but the fresh cut chips with cajun or BBQ seasoning and ranch dipping sauce is money all day long.

Oh they got some good beers to...JL wins

Twentysix
November 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Just ate at five guys an hour ago, it was pretty good. They really cut back on the grease in the last few months but it is still no JL burger. I do however love their new soda machines, 20-30 fountain choices is awesome! Big fan of the Peach Fanta and the Vanilla Barqs rootbeer.

JL chips, 1/2 cajun seasoning the other half cheddar jalapeno w/ cajun ranch dipping sauce.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2504/3739730775_923bd23454_o.jpg

Ginsbach
November 25th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Is that the place across from the nuns building that closes during the winter time, on the north side of the highway. If so, they do have good burgers. We eat there I'm the way to hunt by ledger wood

That would be the one. I grew up in Hankinson and that place still has a special place in my heart. My family's farm is between Hankinson and Lidgerwood, so you might be hunting near our land. Neat.

If I'm in Hankinson, I'm only getting gas or losing money, period.

When I went to SDSU for a year, I practically lived on George's Pizza and Z'kota burgers. They basically bought a Hardee's building and made burgers with fresher ingredients. Not sure if it is still as good, but I loved it.

I'm not sure what it was about JL Beers. We were at the downtown location near the old Stroupers/21st Amendment (shows how long I've been out of Fargo). I thought the burger patty had too much pepper, just didn't dig it. I have a friend who loves the place.

Technically, the casino is 11 miles outside of town.

Five guys are over cooked and fries are greasy. VERY over rated. IMO Smashmouth I will have to try.

If you go to Smashburger, try the sweet potato fries.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 10:01 PM

Try the onion ring like things at smash bros. very good

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 10:03 PM
That would be the one. I grew up in Hankinson and that place still has a special place in my heart. My family's farm is between Hankinson and Lidgerwood, so you might be hunting near our land. Neat.

Technically, the casino is 11 miles outside of town.

If you go to Smashburger, try the sweet potato fries.

Use to work with a guy from Hankinson, Scott Holman. Probably in his mid to early 40's. the Pirates have had some good sports teams. I am a class B guy myself, divide county high school

bojeta
November 25th, 2012, 10:05 PM
It is extremely difficult to beat a good team twice. I think the Bison will pull it off, but it won't be easy!!!

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 10:06 PM
No different. Did you have an aneurism? You really should go see a medical doctor then a psychiatrist. You should be ok after Saturday, unless your hypochondriac nature lets you mind think something else is wrong with the playoffs.

Give me a half hour I will getting into that subconscious mind of yours and rewire it. I promise I won't make you bark like a dog, or any other hypnotic funny trick.

If that doesn't work, I can just buy you a beer.

Let you in on a secret, I am not part of the committee, I don't get to vote. My opinion doesn't matter to you or anyone else. My perception is my reality, as is your perception is your reality.

Perception comes from past experiences of your subconscious mind, your experiences are vastly different than mine. Giving us different perception.

I will leave you with this, but a beer is still an option
Third rule of the mind.
Imagination is more powerful than knowledge when dealing with you own mind, or the mind of another, reason is easily overruled by imagination. This is why some people rush into an unreasonable act or situation.any idea accompanied by a strong emotion such as anger,hatred, love, usually can not be modified through the use of reason.

You are not alone.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say "I changed my mind because I realized how wrong I was about SDSU being the worst team in the tournament".

Making a post long and off topic has long been a technique used by posters on these message boards when they realize they have been boxed in.

All I've said all along is that SDSU is in Fargo next weekend ONLY because of travel costs. You positioned yourself to have the opinion that they were the worst team in the tournament and using your quoted reference that has been proven wrong.

And yes, you did change your opinion, or at least your position in this thread. Read back if you like, maybe you were the one who had an aneurism.

Drblankstare
November 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Back on topic after the delicious burger talk. Bison at home with the best D in the country.......that is all.

So who's got the best pizza;)

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I have a story to share.

There was once an enigmatic but talented team that came to the Fargodome to face the #1 ranked NDSU Bison. Through perserverance and some good fortune they overcame the home field advantage and talent advantage that NDSU had to beat the Bison 27-24. That team came back to the Fargodome virtually unchanged the next season knowing full well they can compete and beat a top ranked Bison team in their own house because they had just done it the season before. That team lost 48-7.

The moral of this story: this Bison team is capable of bulldozing teams that have previously mastered the Fargodome. Regardless of what happened three weeks ago, the team that runs the ball the best and turns it over the least will win this game. It doesn't make a bit of difference that these teams played each other 3 weeks ago. They are both intimately familiar with each other, both will make adjustments based on previous mistakes, and the outcome of that game will have no direct bearing on the outcome of this one.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't it have been easier to just say "I changed my mind because I realized how wrong I was about SDSU being the worst team in the tournament".

Making a post long and off topic has long been a technique used by posters on these message boards when they realize they have been boxed in.

All I've said all along is that SDSU is in Fargo next weekend ONLY because of travel costs. You positioned yourself to have the opinion that they were the worst team in the tournament and using your quoted reference that has been proven wrong.

And yes, you did change your opinion, or at least your position in this thread. Read back if you like, maybe you were the one who had an aneurism.

Didn't say they were the worst, but one of the last two in. The committee said it. remember i didnt get to vote. That is ok. Take your meds.

You should read it. Quote me where I said they were the worst. Hmm it wasn't written was it.

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM

You mad bro?

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM
You mad bro?

What a wonderful cliche, never heard that one used before.

darell1976
November 25th, 2012, 10:27 PM

Yes, yes, and no.xlolx (as far as JL Beers go give me an Angry Orchard Apple beer and a 13th Ave burger MMMMM).

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 10:28 PM
I have a story to share.

There was once an enigmatic but talented team that came to the Fargodome to face the #1 ranked NDSU Bison. Through perserverance and some good fortune they overcame the home field advantage and talent advantage that NDSU had to beat the Bison 27-24. That team came back to the Fargodome virtually unchanged the next season knowing full well they can compete and beat a top ranked Bison team in their own house because they had just done it the season before. That team lost 48-7.

The moral of this story: this Bison team is capable of bulldozing teams that have previously mastered the Fargodome. Regardless of what happened three weeks ago, the team that runs the ball the best and turns it over the least will win this game. It doesn't make a bit of difference that these teams played each other 3 weeks ago. They are both intimately familiar with each other, both will make adjustments based on previous mistakes, and the outcome of that game will have no direct bearing on the outcome of this one.

Good story. It is going to be a great game.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM
You mad bro?

I think he is just having fun

Bison06
November 25th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Didn't say they were the worst, but one of the last two in. The committee said it. remember i didnt get to vote. That is ok. Take your meds.

You should read it. Quote me where I said they were the worst. Hmm it wasn't written was it.

Fair enough, I assumed we were all smart enough to read through the lines, but I can see you are a literal type of man so I'll ask you directly. For the sake of the conversation here, please don't cop out and say my opinion doesn't matter only the people who vote have a say. Agreed, but if we weren't allowed to discuss things we have no say in then this forum wouldn't exist.

You have been critical in this thread of NDSU fans who are calling foul on SDSU being put in a position to play NDSU so soon in the tournament. I won't take the time to look if you said it or if you simply agreed with others who have said that NDSU fans sound scared of SDSU. My stance was and is that I am upset we are playing them this early because they aren't one of the two worst teams in the tournament, nothing to do with being scared or worried.

So here's the question, do you think SDSU should be playing NDSU this weekend? Or do you think that this bracket was put together with money as the driving force vs. quality of tournament play?

If you answer the latter of those two, then we are in complete agreement.

Fair enough, I assumed we were all smart enough to read through the lines, but I can see you are a literal type of man so I'll ask you directly. For the sake of the conversation here, please don't cop out and say my opinion doesn't matter only the people who vote have a say. Agreed, but if we weren't allowed to discuss things we have no say in then this forum wouldn't exist.

You have been critical in this thread of NDSU fans who are calling foul on SDSU being put in a position to play NDSU so soon in the tournament. I won't take the time to look if you said it or if you simply agreed with others who have said that NDSU fans sound scared of SDSU. My stance was and is that I am upset we are playing them this early because they aren't one of the two worst teams in the tournament, nothing to do with being scared or worried.

So here's the question, do you think SDSU should be playing NDSU this weekend? Or do you think that this bracket was put together with money as the driving force vs. quality of tournament play?

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
What a wonderful cliche, never heard that one used before.

Sure you have Heff.

frozennorth
November 25th, 2012, 11:07 PM

if human knowledge is so weak, the lets just go with the math (aka computers), which puts sdsu better than just about everyone else in the playoffs. Your posting as been quite unreasonable, and you come across as desperate to prove some moving point. I mean you even used the coaches poll as a supporting argument, which is normally somewhere between pretty bad and ridiculous. The fact that sdsu and sbu were the last teams in is an indictment of the playoff committee, not the caliber of teams that they are, or the caliber of their resume's in sdsu's case.

robsnotes4u
November 25th, 2012, 11:52 PM

The thing is we are looking at just the NDSU vs SDSU regular season game. NDSU wasn't judged by the committee solely on the one loss they had, much the same as SDSU wasn't judged solely on the NDSU game. People outside the MIssouri Valley Conference just arent as excited about SDSU as NDSU fans are, Unfortunately a lot of teams are ranked on past years performances, look how long it took them to get Montana out of the top 25 this year. I think that hurt SDSU, as their successful post season experience is lacking.

We agree that WE think they aren't the worst.

I think first it went to being the last team chosen to be in the tournament, then it even worked better for them that they could put them with NDSU to satisfy their geographical rule. It killed two birds with one stone. IMO. So no I do not think it was just put together on money. We can agree to disagree on that. No hard feelings.

It would be nice to have full disclosure, because I bet the politics are unbelievable. Who is the committee member representing the MVC? It would be interesting to hear his take.

NDSUBowler
November 26th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Sigh reading this thread has me craving a JL Burger and chips with blue cheese.

Also, greasy burgers are the best, idk how anyone can hate on 5 guys.

Now, In-N-Out vs 5 guys is a real angry debate that tears apart friendships.

NDSU09
November 26th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I think both teams come out and play hard-nosed Valley football. I think the extra week is big for us and we come out with a new wrinkle or two on offense and TAKE CARE OF THE FOOTBALL. I'm gonna say 24-13 NDSU. I can't wait to lose my voice on Saturday!

I also got hungry reading this thread

mgbison
November 26th, 2012, 01:45 AM
SDSU has never played in the Fargodome for a playoff game. The intensity is day and night compared to the regular season.

Ndsu wins.

1. we have the best damn defense in the land, by a good margin.
2. Zenner will be a non-factor. Our 1st and 2nd string d-line is better than SDSU's starting o-line.
3. SDSU had multiple false starts when it got loud the 1st time around. News flash for jackrabbit lineman, its gonna be loud the whole game this time around, not just third downs. So, they need to get their **it together or its gonna be a long day for the them.
4. Getting John Crockett a couple weeks to get healthier and getting our starting TE back. We are a different team with our starting TE. Mostly due to him helping in pass protection (primarily against SDSU's #34, a good player who gave our rt fits).
5. NDSU fans complain about our offense, but SDSU's is even worse. Brock's been there done that, Sumner will collapse on the big stage. Its the difference between playing for the Bison vs. the Rabbits.

Also, tailgating should kick *** as usual.

89rabbit
November 26th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Story from the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20121126/SPORTS0202/311260003/Jacks-get-ready-rumble-Bison?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Jacks get ready for rumble with Bison
Playoff battlematches upfamiliar foes

Written by
Terry Vandrovec

It’s Round 2 times two for South Dakota State.

The first postseason win in school history – a 58-10 blowout of Eastern Illinois on Saturday – has set up a date with No. 1-ranked North Dakota State, the second in a month between the border rivals.

That familiarity should aid the No. 19 Jackrabbits in preparing for a second playoff game, something they’ve never had to do before.

“It’s a good situation to be in for your second playoff game,” coach John Stiegelmeier said.

Especially after the uncertainty of the first. SDSU (9-3) had never faced the Panthers before, had no frame of reference for their mile-a-minute offense and had less time than usual to game plan due to the relatively late playoff pairing and a film-swap issue. . . . (read more)

aces1180
November 26th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Speaking of burgers, if anyone gets the chance to go to Frisco, hit up Whataburger...

That place is so delicious, I went there twice in three days.

As far as Fargo burgers go, besides JL Beers, I recommend those at Woody's and the Turf.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
The thing is we are looking at just the NDSU vs SDSU regular season game. NDSU wasn't judged by the committee solely on the one loss they had, much the same as SDSU wasn't judged solely on the NDSU game. People outside the MIssouri Valley Conference just arent as excited about SDSU as NDSU fans are, Unfortunately a lot of teams are ranked on past years performances, look how long it took them to get Montana out of the top 25 this year. I think that hurt SDSU, as their successful post season experience is lacking.

We agree that WE think they aren't the worst.

I think first it went to being the last team chosen to be in the tournament, then it even worked better for them that they could put them with NDSU to satisfy their geographical rule. It killed two birds with one stone. IMO. So no I do not think it was just put together on money. We can agree to disagree on that. No hard feelings.

It would be nice to have full disclosure, because I bet the politics are unbelievable. Who is the committee member representing the MVC? It would be interesting to hear his take.

You may be basing your opinion of SDSU on just one game, but I certainly am not. I think SDSU proved how good they were by crushing the OVC champ this past weekend. I won't go as far as to say I feel bad for SDSU that they received the draw they did, because I respect them too much to say something so condescending. But I will say this draw is a bummer for the MVFC, because without this matchup so soon I feel like NDSU and SDSU would have gone far in the tournament. Now we'll never know and that really sucks.

Also, for me, this sets somewhat of a disturbing precedent. I see SDSU as a team that will make the tournament as an at-large 3 out of 5 years, I see NDSU as a team that wins the Valley most years. Are we going to be matched up with them more likely than not in future years too?

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe the MVFC rep is Viverto. She doesn't seem too interested in what happens to her teams, I doubt she put up much of an argument against this matchup.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
You may be basing your opinion of SDSU on just one game, but I certainly am not. I think SDSU proved how good they were by crushing the OVC champ this past weekend. I won't go as far as to say I feel bad for SDSU that they received the draw they did, because I respect them too much to say something so condescending. But I will say this draw is a bummer for the MVFC, because without this matchup so soon I feel like NDSU and SDSU would have gone far in the tournament. Now we'll never know and that really sucks.

Also, for me, this sets somewhat of a disturbing precedent. I see SDSU as a team that will make the tournament as an at-large 3 out of 5 years, I see NDSU as a team that wins the Valley most years. Are we going to be matched up with them more likely than not in future years too?

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe the MVFC rep is Viverto. She doesn't seem too interested in what happens to her teams, I doubt she put up much of an argument against this matchup.

The NCAA committee rep is always a school AD. This year it was the Youngstown AD

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2012, 08:56 AM

I don't disagree with a lot of what you have said but to say that NDSU will win the valley most years....well lets just say I love the enthusiasm but respect the valley and it's members much more than you to make such a bold statement. I think we will be competitive with other teams in the valley most years. Whether we win it most years is another matter.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 09:04 AM
The NCAA committee rep is always a school AD. This year it was the Youngstown AD

Gotcha, thanks for the correction.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM
I don't disagree with a lot of what you have said but to say that NDSU will win the valley most years....well lets just say I love the enthusiasm but respect the valley and it's members much more than you to make such a bold statement. I think we will be competitive with other teams in the valley most years. Whether we win it most years is another matter.

By most, I mean more years than not. So if we win it 6 out of 10 years I would consider that most. I don't think that is too optimistic, do you?

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:02 AM

This last weekend game is after the fact, if SDSU defeats the Bison does that mean the Bison shouldn't be the number one seed? No, they are the number one seed no matter what the outcome is.

Here is a good question and answer. Why was Cal Poly given a bye instead of a first round game then their next game against MSU or EWU? Answer, they were considered better by the committee.

Here is something that does puzzle me. A lot of people regard the MVFC as the toughest conference. If this is correct, why did the #2, #3 come out of the Big Sky? Add to that the third team also received a bye. Again the governing bodies aren't as high on the MVFC as the fans.

Why is Cal Poly in the same bracket as the other Big Sky teams?

Precedent was set when the rule was made.

What happens if the score on Saturday is 58-10 NDSU, is the bracketing correct?

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 10:09 AM
This last weekend game is after the fact, if SDSU defeats the Bison does that mean the Bison shouldn't be the number one seed? No, they are the number one seed no matter what the outcome is.

Here is a good question and answer. Why was Cal Poly given a bye instead of a first round game then their next game against MSU or EWU? Answer, they were considered better by the committee.

Here is something that does puzzle me. A lot of people regard the MVFC as the toughest conference. If this is correct, why did the #2, #3 come out of the Big Sky? Add to that the third team also received a bye. Again the governing bodies aren't as high on the MVFC as the fans.

Why is Cal Poly in the same bracket as the other Big Sky teams?

Precedent was set when the rule was made.

What happens if the score on Saturday is 58-10 NDSU, is the bracketing correct?

We could go round and round all day about the rest of the bracket and if upsets happen does that show the higher seed was overrated. I used SDSU's game with EIU to show that they proved what I already thought, I didn't use that game to form that opinion, the way you are suggesting.

I agree, if the MVFC is the toughtest conference, why would the second place team not receive a seed? I think it is due to their record being not as impressive and it is much more difficult to justify.

The examples you are using in the Big Sky are different, those teams can't be matched up until at least the quarter finals. I would have no problem with the match up at all if it was in the quarters, but it's not.

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM
By most, I mean more years than not. So if we win it 6 out of 10 years I would consider that most. I don't think that is too optimistic, do you?
No and to be honest after I read the comment again and thought about it reading it on a message board it can come off in more than one way. What you are saying I wouldn't disagree with. I just think some may do like I did at first as think it looks disrepectful of the other teams in the valley. I know thats not what you were trying to say. Sorry

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
No and to be honest after I read the comment again and thought about it reading it on a message board it can come off in more than one way. What you are saying I wouldn't disagree with. I just think some may do like I did at first as think it looks disrepectful of the other teams in the valley. I know thats not what you were trying to say. Sorry

Nobody has more respect for the Valley than I do. It is a physical, punishing brand of football and there are some damn good teams.

If anything my opinion just shows how high of an opinion I have of NDSU and it's program. If I had said I think NDSU will win the conference every year that may be a bit much, but 6 out of 10 is actually less than what I expect out of NDSU in the Valley.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Nobody has more respect for the Valley than I do. It is a physical, punishing brand of football and there are some damn good teams.

If anything my opinion just shows how high of an opinion I have of NDSU and it's program. If I had said I think NDSU will win the conference every year that may be a bit much, but 6 out of 10 is actually less than what I expect out of NDSU in the Valley.

With a history like NDSU has going back to D2 you should have a high opinion. Being a follower of the Big Sky and FCS football for years, I can say NDSU definitely exceeded my expectations. Their rise to the top so quick is amazing. When they came from behind to meat the Griz, we were listening as we painted the basement. In the second half my wife was so pissed I had to leave. That game was huge.

Keep up your passion, you are a dedicated fan.

By the way the offer for a beer stands, I will be at the Gastropub after the game.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
With a history like NDSU has going back to D2 you should have a high opinion. Being a follower of the Big Sky and FCS football for years, I can say NDSU definitely exceeded my expectations. Their rise to the top so quick is amazing. When they came from behind to meat the Griz, we were listening as we painted the basement. In the second half my wife was so pissed I had to leave. That game was huge.

Keep up your passion, you are a dedicated fan.

By the way the offer for a beer stands, I will be at the Gastropub after the game.

That game in '03 sure was a lot of fun. I had a little better seat than you I think.xsmiley_wix

Unfortunately, I won't be up at the game this weekend, but thanks for the offer on the beer. I am hoping for a Bison win this weekend so I can make it up the following weekend for the Wofford game.

Go Bison!

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
We could go round and round all day about the rest of the bracket and if upsets happen does that show the higher seed was overrated. I used SDSU's game with EIU to show that they proved what I already thought, I didn't use that game to form that opinion, the way you are suggesting.

I agree, if the MVFC is the toughtest conference, why would the second place team not receive a seed? I think it is due to their record being not as impressive and it is much more difficult to justify.

The examples you are using in the Big Sky are different, those teams can't be matched up until at least the quarter finals. I would have no problem with the match up at all if it was in the quarters, but it's not.

It doesn't matter where you match up really, if you lose you are out. The odds of losing will be the same, if there are no injuries, in any round.

In regards to the second place MVFC not getting a seed, I think if SDSU has a good showing on Saturday, not necessarily a win, and then does as good next year in the conference the committee will look favorably towards them and they will not have the first round game. It shouldn't be that way, but I think it is.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Good answer, the problem with boards is we only get the written word. If you are having a bad day it will more than likely come across as bad to you, and the opposite is also true.

Boards lack physiological cues that are subconscious mind picks up. Probably why there is so much bickering.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
41-10 NDSU Beastmode gets activated this weekend.

Vitojr130
November 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I posted this earlier but it should be made a bigger deal than it has been (IMHO):

This will be the 100th game played between NDSU and SDSU in this rivalry. It's finally hit the century mark!

If this isn't a big deal, then carry on. xsmugx

I-AA Fan
November 26th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Is the bigger question not ..."why is this game happening in the real 1st-round"? Come on, these are both teams that have huge resumes ...clearly there is zero respect for SDSU, and the MVFC, by the committee. How nice that all of the CAA teams cannot face each other until the semis. We have avoided same conference match-ups for how many years in a sweet-16 tourney? How much does it cost to get such favor? Someone owes the FCS fans, particularly SDSU and NDSU fans and institutions, an explanation.

AmsterBison
November 26th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Is the bigger question not ..."why is this game happening in the real 1st-round"? Come on, these are both teams that have huge resumes ...clearly there is zero respect for SDSU, and the MVFC, by the committee. How nice that all of the CAA teams cannot face each other until the semis. We have avoided same conference match-ups for how many years in a sweet-16 tourney? How much does it cost to get such favor? Someone owes the FCS fans, particularly SDSU and NDSU fans and institutions, an explanation.

I don't want an explanation. What I'd like is a rule change to "No team has to face a conference foe in their first playoff game."

344Johnson
November 26th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I'd like to just ask the committee what about Wagner/Colgate was more impressive than EIU/SDSU because clearly they seem to believe that the SDSU/EIU winner was the worst remaining team in the field.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I'd like to just ask the committee what about Wagner/Colgate was more impressive than EIU/SDSU because clearly they seem to believe that the SDSU/EIU winner was the worst remaining team in the field.
Is it really that difficult to comprehend? People keep stating it over and over yet some of you still don't get it. There is no seeding beyond the top 5. The bottom 8, as determined by the committee, are paired geographically rather than by seeds with their 1st round matchup and potential 2nd round matchup. If it is possible to pair teams within 400 miles of each other the committee will make every effort to do so while staying in the rules defined in the handbook. Just because the EIU/SDSU winner plays NDSU doesn't mean the committee thought the winner of that game would be the worst remaining in the field, it means is the committee though the winning team would be the best geographic pairing with NDSU.

I agree with AmsterBison. I don't have a problem with them pairing geographically to try to save some money to allow for an expanded playoff field but I think the intra-conference matchup rule should be modified to say that no conference teams will play each other if it is either team's first playoff game, not just if it is both team's first playoff game.

RabidRabbit
November 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I don't want an explanation. What I'd like is a rule change to "No team has to face a conference foe in their first playoff game."

This rule should be passed. Until it is, when any of the 4 Dakota schools are a seed, any non-seeded Dakota school also in the play-offs will be set up to play at the other Dakota seeded school. If the Jacks had beaten NDSU, and received a seed, it is likely that the Bison would have been finagled to play in Brookings. I note that EWU and MSU are set up to match up as early as possible. And Cal Poly is on the same side of the bracket, so that only 1 team from the Big Sky can move forward.

It is a xbawlingx shame that regionalization, trumps best seeding of teams. By all rights, SDSU/EIU winner should be playing either ODU or GSU rather than NDSU in this round of 16, and Wagner/Colgate winner playing in Fargo.

Likewise, with the SOS for SDSU, either UNH or Wofford should have played EIU for the right to play NDSU.

AmsterBison
November 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM

SDSU is going to NDSU because the two schools are close, not because the committee considered the Bunnies the weakest team.

What we need is a rule change to keep a team from playing a conference rematch as their first game in the playoffs.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 26th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Per Terry Vandrovec's twitter, SDSU sold out its allotted tickets for the NDSU game in 32 minutes today.

AmsterBison
November 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Per Terry Vandrovec's twitter, SDSU sold out its allotted tickets for the NDSU game in 32 minutes today.

Nice job!

344Johnson
November 26th, 2012, 02:13 PM
SDSU is going to NDSU because the two schools are close, not because the committee considered the Bunnies the weakest team.

What we need is a rule change to keep a team from playing a conference rematch as their first game in the playoffs.

I understand that obviously, but by definition a #1 seed earns the right to play the worst team in the field no? A tad frustrating. Feel bad for other conferences who have also had this issue in the past.

I-AA Fan
November 26th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Is it really that difficult to comprehend? People keep stating it over and over yet some of you still don't get it. There is no seeding beyond the top 5. The bottom 8, as determined by the committee, are paired geographically rather than by seeds with their 1st round matchup and potential 2nd round matchup. If it is possible to pair teams within 400 miles of each other the committee will make every effort to do so while staying in the rules defined in the handbook. Just because the EIU/SDSU winner plays NDSU doesn't mean the committee thought the winner of that game would be the worst remaining in the field, it means is the committee though the winning team would be the best geographic pairing with NDSU.

I agree with AmsterBison. I don't have a problem with them pairing geographically to try to save some money to allow for an expanded playoff field but I think the intra-conference matchup rule should be modified to say that no conference teams will play each other if it is either team's first playoff game, not just if it is both team's first playoff game.

Professor, I am well-aware of the rules for pairing. Again I refer you to the positioning of the CAA teams. The NCAA even call the first-round a "play-in" until the brackets were drawn up. 16-teams are 16-teams. We never had same conference foes playing in the first round of 16 before, yet we could not do it this time? FYI, it is $$$ that determines home games. Also, the strength of your conference's representation in the selection committee. In trying to help the Pioneer League ...Viverito has done nothing but hurt the GFC/MVFC in her tenure. She needs to be removed as chair of the MVFC, and someone else put in-charge.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 02:54 PM

I don't think you are correct as far as seeding. There were only two teams that received at large bids and played in the opening round, SDSU and Stony Brook. Mr Cobb, chairman of the selection committee stated these same two teams were the last two selected. I doubt this is a coincidence.

Lets not forget SDSU lost two of its last five games and had to defeat USD to get in. The loss to NDSU is a good loss if there is one. The loss to UNI a sub .500 team who only beat USD by 3 is a killer. SDSU only had 6 points against UNI while giving up 27.

Colgate who had a horrible start, losing to USD, ended on a 7 game win streak, and beat the only undefeated team, Lehigh. Better to lose early than to lose late. That late Lehigh win probably carried more weight than the early losses.

Wagner ended the season on a 9 game win streak. Probably pulls some weight.

Just facts.

I don't think it should matter what conference you are in they should seed everyone once the field is established. Again it doesn't matter when you play someone. There isn't a third, fourth, etc....trophy.

This comes down to one thing and one thing only. If NDSU would have defeated SDSU by 30, 40, maybe even 50 points there wouldn't be a conversation. Everyone would be happy. It is not about teams in the same conference, it is about a team that gave you a very good game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM

What took so long?:D

deez_na
November 26th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Regardless of how the committee runs everything, it's a flat out Fact that you should reward top teams for their effort and seed accordingly. It would only make sense. NDSU should be playing the worst team in the field, not one of the toughest teams. Either way you have to beat the best to make it to Frisco so maybe a tough game first might get them more prepared idk. We understand why they are playing SDSU but we're stating it's stupid. It's not the right way.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I don't think you are correct as far as seeding. There were only two teams that received at large bids and played in the opening round, SDSU and Stony Brook. Mr Cobb, chairman of the selection committee stated these same two teams were the last two selected. I doubt this is a coincidence.

Lets not forget SDSU lost two of its last five games and had to defeat USD to get in. The loss to NDSU is a good loss if there is one. The loss to UNI a sub .500 team who only beat USD by 3 is a killer. SDSU only had 6 points against UNI while giving up 27.

Colgate who had a horrible start, losing to USD, ended on a 7 game win streak, and beat the only undefeated team, Lehigh. Better to lose early than to lose late. That late Lehigh win probably carried more weight than the early losses.

Just facts.

I don't think it should matter what conference you are in they should seed everyone once the field is established. Again it doesn't matter when you play someone. There isn't a third, fourth, etc....trophy.

This comes down to one thing and one thing only. If NDSU would have defeated SDSU by 30, 40, maybe even 50 points there wouldn't be a conversation. Everyone would be happy. It is not about teams in the same conference, it is about a team that gave you a very good game.

The 15 unseeded teams are separated into the 7 who earned first round byes and the 8 that didn't. That doesn't mean they're seeded, they're just grouped. Once they're grouped they're paired geographically regardless of any preconceived notions of seeding them 6-12 or 13-20. SDSU and SBU were the last 2 at large teams in because they were the only 2 in the group of 8 that the committee didn't deem worthy of a first round bye.

Regardless of how the committee runs everything, it's a flat out Fact that you should reward top teams for their effort and seed accordingly. It would only make sense. NDSU should be playing the worst team in the field, not one of the toughest teams. Either way you have to beat the best to make it to Frisco so maybe a tough game first might get them more prepared idk. We understand why they are playing SDSU but we're stating it's stupid. It's not the right way.
The fact is they seed the top 5 teams to reward them by granting them homefield advantage against lower seeded or unseeded teams (provided they make the minimum bid). After that any "facts" about additional playoff seeding is more of an opinion. The NCAA doesn't give any pretense that they seed beyond the top 5 so we shouldn't be surprised when higher seeds are stuck with tougher matchups. The rules are what they are and if we'd like more of a true tournament structure the rules are what needs to be changed.

KUlawJack
November 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM
What took so long?:D

I can't go to this game (attended the first one earlier this year) because of a wedding on Saturday in KC. I did have a friend calling in and he never got through. He called 194 times in 30 minutes. Sounds like they were swamped with people waiting in line too.

Really wish I could go.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 03:00 PM

Just facts.

You keep saying it doesn't matter when you play someone, but that isn't true at all.

For the sake of the discussion let's say NDSU loses this weekend.(Argument only makes sense for the home team). If they would have played a weaker opponent the way they should have being the number 1 seed, they may have won. This gives them another home game and all of the revenue and goodwill that comes with going one round further in the playoffs.

If it doesn't matter when you play someone, why not just put the #1 and #2 seed against each other in the first round? They are the two most likely teams to meet in Frisco.

Why? Because the regular season matters and teams that are deemed the best are given the easiest path to the championship.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I can't go to this game (attended the first one earlier this year) because of a wedding on Saturday in KC. I did have a friend calling in and he never got through. He called 194 times in 30 minutes. Sounds like they were swamped with people waiting in line too.

Really wish I could go.

I have an offer to grab someone's tickets, but I just made the drive back to ND last weekend and don't think I can make it two weekends in a row. Sensor's in Bloomington will have to suffice.

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM
The 15 unseeded teams are separated into the 7 who earned first round byes and the 8 that didn't. That doesn't mean they're seeded, they're just grouped. Once they're grouped they're paired geographically regardless of any preconceived notions of seeding them 6-12 or 13-20. SDSU and SBU were the last 2 at large teams in because they were the only 2 in the group of 8 that the committee didn't deem worthy of a first round bye.

Actually the committee looked at 9 teams to fill the last two spots, these two were chosen to fill the field. They were not grouped before.

"There was a lot of conversation about strength of schedule," explained Appalachian State Athletic Director Charlie Cobb, FCS selection committee chair, during the selection show televised on ESPNU. "We had 26 teams in contention for the ten playoff spots and nine teams for the last two spots."

Cobb said South Dakota State and Stony Brook were the last two teams into the field.

Being they were the two not worthy to receives byes, common sense wii say the were the bottom two in the committees eyes of the at large bids.

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Actually the committee looked at 9 teams to fill the last two spots, these two were chosen to fill the field. They were not grouped before.

"There was a lot of conversation about strength of schedule," explained Appalachian State Athletic Director Charlie Cobb, FCS selection committee chair, during the selection show televised on ESPNU. "We had 26 teams in contention for the ten playoff spots and nine teams for the last two spots."

Cobb said South Dakota State and Stony Brook were the last two teams into the field.

Being they were the two not worthy to receives byes, common sense wii say the were the bottom two in the committees eyes of the at large bids.

This has been stated over and over again, but it bears repeating in light of your comments.

Being the last two in doesn't necessarily make them the two least deserving teams or the two weakest teams. My argument seems to be bolstered by the fact that both of them won their opening round games against "better" teams.

NDSU09
November 26th, 2012, 03:19 PM

How many? 500?

Bisonator
November 26th, 2012, 03:21 PM
It's over and done with so let's just settle it on the field. GO BISON!!!

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM

There's not a disagreement here. The bolded part above is exactly what I said. I'm not sure if you're trying to make a MplsBison-like argument here or if you're really looking at this backwards but the bottom line is that the bottom 8 teams, regardless of whether they were selected at-large or were automatic qualifiers, play the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The committee doesn't value autobid teams any higher than at-large teams when they group them, if they did all the autobids would receive first round byes and this year 6 autobids did not while 8 at large teams did. You even had at-large teams from the CAA get byes over the CAA autobid (Villanova).

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM

+1000

Bison06
November 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM

+1000

Ahh hell, it's only Monday. We have to talk about something.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Ahh hell, it's only Monday. We have to talk about something.

That's usually my line but this committee **** is so boring! It happens every year where certain schools just hate the draw. We had a pretty easy go of it last year, this year is harder. Meh.

deez_na
November 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Atleast we have a playoff bracket unlike the FBS

FargoBison
November 26th, 2012, 04:04 PM
That's usually my line but this committee **** is so boring! It happens every year where certain schools just hate the draw. We had a pretty easy go of it last year, this year is harder. Meh.

Agreed...I'm sure the rest of AGS is bored with it as well.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I have 2 tickets to the NDSU SDSU playoff game that I will sell to a Jackrabbit fan for $500 per ticket. They are on the 35 yard line. xblehx

FargoBison
November 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Bison Media Blog preview for the game....

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2012/11/26/bison-video-blog-ndsu-vs-sdsu-playoff-preview/

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM
There's not a disagreement here. The bolded part above is exactly what I said. I'm not sure if you're trying to make a MplsBison-like argument here or if you're really looking at this backwards but the bottom line is that the bottom 8 teams, regardless of whether they were selected at-large or were automatic qualifiers, play the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The committee doesn't value autobid teams any higher than at-large teams when they group them, if they did all the autobids would receive first round byes and this year 6 autobids did not while 8 at large teams did. You even had at-large teams from the CAA get byes over the CAA autobid (Villanova).

No whoever argument, and it isn't backwards. All logical.

By group them you mean rank them, or seed them, which they would need to do to find the bottom 8 teams. You might not actually give them a "seed" but you do rank them from best to worst.

So we do agree SDSU by the committee is one of the bottom teams.

CAA had a four way tie, FCS committee doesn't pick the auto bid the conference does, and UNH didn't even play Villanova. The committee does get weekly reports maybe that is why they put UNH.

Glad NDSU isn't Towson, there would really be an uproar. Lol

It is all logic not pie in the sky. People need to take their feelings out of it.

It is time to just accept the decision of the committee, and play the game.

NDSU is the #1 seed and shouldn't care who they play or when they play them.

darell1976
November 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Atleast we have a playoff bracket unlike the FBS

AMEN!!!!!!!!

robsnotes4u
November 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!

I am with you.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM
No whoever argument, and it isn't backwards. All logical.

By group them you mean rank them, or seed them, which they would need to do to find the bottom 8 teams. You might not actually give them a "seed" but you do rank them from best to worst.

So we do agree SDSU by the committee is one of the bottom teams.

CAA had a four way tie, FCS committee doesn't pick the auto bid the conference does, and UNH didn't even play Villanova. The committee does get weekly reports maybe that is why they put UNH.

Glad NDSU isn't Towson, there would really be an uproar. Lol

It is all logic not pie in the sky. People need to take their feelings out of it.

It is time to just accept the decision of the committee, and play the game.

NDSU is the #1 seed and shouldn't care who they play or when they play them.

They do rank them using their own ranking system and that is one of the factors used to determine who the top 12 and bottom 8 are. However, after that those bottom 8 are placed in the bracket based on georgraphy, not those rankings. I agree that in the committee's eyes SDSU is one of the bottom 8 teams, that's pretty much all you can get out of their bracket position. Whether they're #13 or #20 in the rankings the committee uses is speculation but it's not too difficult to place them based on the other teams in the bottom 8. And it was not a factor in them playing the top seed in the round of 16.