PDA

View Full Version : My first weekend predictions

goapps15
November 22nd, 2012, 10:04 AM
http://appstatecentral.com/content/play-round-projections

The link above has my first weekend predictions please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Kramden
November 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Nice write up. Wagner and Colgate actually have 4 common opponenets - Holy Cross, Georgetown, Sacred Heart, and Albany as you said. Not sure if your Stoney Brook pick was before or after the noise their QB might be out. I am still perplexed as to why 'Nova would not get a first round bye - they were the CAA champs after all, but it seems the committee looks at them as the 3rd best team in the CAA and dropped them to round one - similar to SDSU as the 3rd best team in the MVC.

citdog
November 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
http://appstatecentral.com/content/play-round-projections

The link above has my first weekend predictions please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

numerous other threads here to add your picks to. Nice attempt to use the labor of others to build up the traffic to that site. Mods should remove this thread.

goapps15
November 22nd, 2012, 10:28 AM
Nice write up. Wagner and Colgate actually have 4 common opponenets - Holy Cross, Georgetown, Sacred Heart, and Albany as you said. Not sure if your Stoney Brook pick was before or after the noise their QB might be out. I am still perplexed as to why 'Nova would not get a first round bye - they were the CAA champs after all, but it seems the committee looks at them as the 3rd best team in the CAA and dropped them to round one - similar to SDSU as the 3rd best team in the MVC.

I agree with you Kramden I do not know why Villanova is playing first weekend. I think New Hampshire should be playing this weekend instead of Villanova since they were one of the last few teams in the field.

poly51
November 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
If you are going to make picks and start a thread on AGS you should show those picks on this site, not provide a link.

slostang
November 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Nice write up. Can not argue any of the picks.

heath
November 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
I agree with you Kramden I do not know why Villanova is playing first weekend. I think New Hampshire should be playing this weekend instead of Villanova since they were one of the last few teams in the field.

The committee saw 29 vs 14.,and decided the team that lost to Towson by the most would get a bye.xlolx

goapps15
November 22nd, 2012, 03:58 PM
This weekend we have four play-in round matchups that will leave us with the final 16 teams left in the field.

The first is Colgate (8-3) at Wagner (8-3): Noon TV: ESPN3

This is a noon kickoff between the Patriot League champions (Colgate) and the Northeast Conference champions (Wagner). Before the year many believed that Albany would win the Northeast, but earlier this month Wagner went to Albany and won 30-0. Wagner has faced a pretty weak schedule and has looked average at best. Wagner's best player is running back Dominique Williams. Williams, a junior, has rushed for 1,056 yards and 13 touchdowns on the season. They started out the year 0-3 and have come back to win their last 8 games. Colgate has been hot as well winning 8 of their last nine games, including a comeback win two weeks ago at Lehigh. The one common opponent the two teams share is Albany. Colgate lost 40-23 early on this year to them and as mentioned above Wagner dominated Albany. Colgate's best player is running back Jordan McCord he has rushed for 1,626 yards on the season and 22 touchdowns this year. I believe that McCord and Colgate will overpower Wagner and will move onto face Eastern Washington next Saturday in Cheney.

My Prediction:

Colgate 38

Wagner 24

Game 2: Coastal Carolina (7-4) at Bethune-Cookman (9-2): 2 PM TV: ESPN3

This game is a bout between the MEAC (Bethune) and Big South Champions (Coastal). Coastal has won 5 straight games after losing 4 in a row during the middle of the year to App, Eastern Kentucky, Toledo and Stony Brook. There best win of the season was a 3 OT win at Furman. They have come on strong late in the year thanks to the play of QB Aramis Hillary. Aramis has had a standout senior season for the Chanticleers throwing for 2,133 yards and 17 touchdowns. Also, he has accounted for three more touchdowns on the ground and another 589 yards. Aramis is the brother of former App Coco Hillary. Bethune has won seven straight games and their only two losses came to Miami (FL) and Tennessee State. They dominated MEAC play this year thanks in part to the great Junior campaign put together by running back Isidore Jackson. Jackson rushed for almost 1,000 yards and 11 touchdowns. This game will be very interesting to me I think that Coastal will win this game but Bethune may surprise some people and pull of the slight upset.The winner in this game will get Old Dominion next weekend.

My Prediction:

Coastal 31

Bethune Cookman 27

Game 3: Villanova (8-3) at Stony Brook (9-2): 3 PM TV: ESPN3

This game is between the CAA champion (Villanova) and the Big South co-champions (Stony Brook). Let's start with Villanova. Villanova is led by their Sophomore running back Kevin Monangai, he has rushed for nearly 1,200 yards on 203 carries and 13 touchdowns. He has been a workhorse for the Wildcats this season and has been the reason for their resurgence after a poor 2011 campaign by Coach Andy Talley's standards. They have key wins over James Madison and Old Dominion and have won 4 of their last 5 games. Stony Brook has had an impressive season behind the strong play of Miguel Maysonet (pictured above). Maysonet has ran for 1,721 yards and 20 touchdowns this year for the Seawolves. He has been the reason for their strong season that has includes a blowout win over Army. They were one of 3 co-champions in the Big South and got into the playoffs via one of the last two at-large berths per committee chairmen Charlie Cobb. One thing that could affect the outcome of this game is the injury to Stony Brook's starting quarterback Kyle Essington. I believe this will be the strongest game of the weekend slate and this one that could come down to the who has the ball last. The winner gets Montana State in the second round.

My Prediction:

Stony Brook 34

Villanova 28

Game 4: Eastern Illinois (7-4) at South Dakota State (8-3) 3 PM TV: ESPN3

This game is a battle between the OVC Champion (Eastern Illinois) and an at-large berth from the Missouri Valley Conference (South Dakota State). Eastern Illinois is led by standout receiver Erik Lora who has set a record for receptions with 124 and 1531 yards receiving. They are a very pass heavy offense and having a target like Lora sure helps. Their best wins came against Eastern Kentucky and Southern Illinois. They also had a close loss to Illinois State in double OT early on in the season. South Dakota State is led by running back Zach Zenner who has rushed for over 1700 yards and 10 touchdowns this season. He has certainly played a huge role in the Jackrabbits run to the playoffs. Their big wins came against Youngstown State and Indiana State earlier on in the year. However, their most important performance came two weeks ago in the FargoDome against their bitter rival North Dakota State in a 20-17 loss. This is a game that will be close early but look for the Jackrabbits to wear out the Eastern Illinois defense in the second half. The winner gets North Dakota State next weekend in the second round.

My Prediction:

South Dakota State 42

Eastern Illinois 24

As some of you requested here are the actual picks themselves. Sorry I did not know the rules was trying to get opinions on what you thought of the write-up.

goapps15
November 22nd, 2012, 04:06 PM
If you are going to make picks and start a thread on AGS you should show those picks on this site, not provide a link.

Sounds good, I am new to AGS and did not know this information. I posted the write-up below and I will do that every week from now on.

GreatAppSt
November 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM
numerous other threads here to add your picks to. Nice attempt to use the labor of others to build up the traffic to that site. Mods should remove this thread.

Is that you Ralph? :D