PDA

View Full Version : A little help here!

Bison06
November 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, as a relatively new fan to FCS football, I am becoming very familiar with a lot of teams on the east coast. But I am not very familiar with where all of them are located specifically and I am curious. I could look each one up individually, but I thought I would reach out on here first.

So, could you please post the name of the school you cheer for and the city and state where the school is located please? Thanks in advance.

If you could just copy the previous post and add your school eventually we will have a long list of where every school is located.

North Dakota State University-Fargo, ND.

Tubakat2014
November 21st, 2012, 05:29 PM
I'll bite.

North Dakota State University- Fargo, ND
Sam Houston State University- Huntsville, TX

darell1976
November 21st, 2012, 05:32 PM
University of North Dakota- Grand Forks, ND

mountaineerman
November 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
University of North Dakota- Grand Forks, ND
Appalachian State University, Boone, N.C.Elevation 3333 ft

darell1976
November 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM

3333? That's only 4 times as high as UND (834 ft).

mountaineerman
November 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
3333? That's only 4 times as high as UND (834 ft).

A lot of people don't realize the high country of nc hold two of the highest peaks west of the mississippi ,Granfather mt 5990 something and mt mitchell which is the tallest well over 6000ft gods country my friends

Laker
November 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
My favorite school is Minnesota State Mankato. But the Mavericks are D2.

This is a quick and easy way to answer your question. It lists all of the FCS schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FCS_football_programs

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2012, 07:13 PM
Indiana State - Terre Haute IN (french for "high groung"; elevation 499ft Ironically)

Eastern Illinois - Charleston IL (French for "Thank God for automatic qualifiers")

Western Illinois - Macomb IL (means "middle of nowhere" in 26 different languages)

bjtheflamesfan
November 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM

Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA

UAalum72
November 21st, 2012, 09:19 PM
University at Albany, The State University of New York - but the new football stadium is actually in the Town of Guilderland at 42d 40'50.17" N, 73d 49'37.22" W, elevation 210 feet.

Eagle11
November 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA

ngineer
November 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
A lot of people don't realize the high country of nc hold two of the highest peaks west of the mississippi ,Granfather mt 5990 something and mt mitchell which is the tallest well over 6000ft gods country my friends

Yes, I hiked Mt. Mitchell 10 years ago, seems like yesterday, on my 50th birthday. Foggy morning so the view was not very good. Coming down, the sun came out. Skyline Drive one of my favorite routes!

Oh yes, Lehigh University, Bethlehem,PA. Elevation of Asa Packer (academic) campus is roughly 330 feet at the bottom and rises to approx. 1100 to the research facilities known as the Mountain Top Campus on South Mountain.

citdog
November 21st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Eastern Illinois - Charleston IL

The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina. Founded 1842 in the REAL CHARLESTON.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
November 21st, 2012, 09:32 PM
Stony Brook University - Stony Brook, NY, on the north shore of Long Island, about 60 miles east of New York City. Stony Brook was known for a long time as "The State University of New York - Stony Brook", i.e. SUNY-Stony Brook, but about 10 years ago changed its name to simply Stony Brook University. If I'm not mistaken I think Albany did a similar thing at about the same time.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
In alphabetical order:

*Lafayette College (Patriot League) - Easton, PA (Easton is located on the Delaware River at the PA/NJ border in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley and is about 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 70 miles west of New York)

*Lehigh University (Patriot League) - Bethlehem, PA (Bethlehem is located in east-central PA in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley about 55 miles north of Philadelphia and 80 miles west of New York)

*University of Pennsylvania (Ivy League) - Philadelphia, PA (or more specifically University City, which is about 1 1/2 miles west of Center City Philadelphia west of the Schuylkill River and is the home for both Penn and Drexel University, which border one another)

*Villanova University (Colonial Athletic Association) - Villanova, PA (Villanova is a Philadelphia suburb located in an area called the Main Line, named after the former Pennsylvania Railroad and current Amtrak Keystone Corridor line that passes through the area; it is about 20 miles west-northwest of Center City Philadelphia)

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2012, 10:20 PM
A lot of people don't realize the high country of nc hold two of the highest peaks east of the mississippi ,Granfather mt 5990 something and mt mitchell which is the tallest well over 6000ft gods country my friends

FIFY

Thundar
November 21st, 2012, 10:21 PM

When did North Carolina move West of the Mississippi??

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2012, 11:03 PM
There is a nice interactive map showing the location of each school with the conferences noted by different colors at the site below.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-team-map/

Nickels
November 21st, 2012, 11:28 PM
There is a nice interactive map showing the location of each school with the conferences noted by different colors at the site below.

Thanks for sharing. University of San Diego athletes must spend half their time flying.

robsnotes4u
November 22nd, 2012, 12:07 AM

Highest peak east of the Rockies is Harney Peak in the Black Hills of South Dakota, roughly 7,200 feet, which is west of the Mississippi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coover
November 22nd, 2012, 12:15 AM

Over 6000 feet ... wow! by the way, I live at 6220 feet above sea level and I'm nowhere near the top of the mountain here in Running Springs, California. The top of our mountain is 11503 feet, and it is not the highest in California. the highest is Mt. Whitney at 14505. Come up and breathe the fresh, but rare air.

California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (according to one web page I accessed, the altitude of San Luis Obispo is 236 feet above sea level. The football field is probably close to that, but the campus is on a hill and their are parts of the campus with classrooms or dormitories that are probably 500 feet above that. And the Poly "P" is probably an additional 500 feet above that, maybe 1250 feet high. By the way ... Cal Poly is certainly one of the most beautiful University campuses in the nation.)

ITmonarch10
November 22nd, 2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks for sharing. University of San Diego athletes must spend half their time flying.

I wonder how much money they save by being a non scholarship pioneer team versus a big sky team ,considering how much they travel.
Also, North Dakota needs to move to the MVFC. They seem so out of place.

*OT: I just realized Jim Harbaugh coached at San Diego before coaching at Stanford/49ners. I don't think that's a good sign for Bison fans.

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA

can we add a scratch n sniff just to get a better feel for the place:D

darell1976
November 22nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Highest peak east of the Rockies is Harney Peak in the Black Hills of South Dakota, roughly 7,200 feet, which is west of the Mississippi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me and my family went to Mt. Rushmore in 07 and saw Harney Peak it sure is a sight especially compared to the flatland of the Red River Valley.

mountaineerman
November 22nd, 2012, 07:14 AM
lol

mountaineerman
November 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
FIFY

thank you my friend

darell1976
November 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM

Not to many teams from the Dakotas-Texas line westward. Too bad FCS teams couldn't have come out of Michigan, Wisconsin, or Minnesota, and according to map UND is the more northern team in the US just a little north of Eastern Washington.