PDA

View Full Version : 2012 FCS Playoff Challenge

Lyric
November 21st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hello FCS Fans-

I'm a JMU fan who is new to this board, and I wanted to invite all of you to participate in the 2012 FCS Playoff Challenge using a website that I've quickly created this week. To participate, all you need to do is visit the website, fill out the bracket posted there, and submit it to the database (it really only takes a few seconds, unless of course you plan to do a lot of research beforehand). At the time of this posting, I'm just shy of 50 brackets submitted (mostly from CAA fans, so I want different opinions, too!), and I expect the pool to grow very quickly if any of you are interested in participating. I'm currently writing the software needed to crunch a ton of numbers and analyze the predicted outcomes for every team in every round of the playoffs along with how each team is predicted to fair against each of its potential opponents. In other words, I hope to break down each team's performance by round and by opponent.

I see that there is another pool currently taking place in another thread. This pool is not meant to compete with that thread. Please do both challenges :).

To fill out a bracket for the 2012 FCS Playoff challenge, simply go here: http://fcs-playoff-challenge.comeze.com/index.html

I realize I'm new here and have no history built up on this account, so feel free to visit the JMU board at the CAA Zone to find this same thread posted there along with many positive responses from others who have already gone to this website and participated without any problems (http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?123333-2012-FCS-Playoff-Challenge) or google it.

Thank you, and I'm looking forward to your responses! I close submissions at noon on Saturday, and I'll be posting additional stats/standings/updates to the website sometime after the first round has concluded at that same website.

EDIT: Only bragging rights are on the line

Lyric
November 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM
P.S. I tested the website using IE and Chrome, and I'm told it doesn't display as well in Firefox