PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Football going to be looking for a new Coach soon???

BisonBacker
November 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM
This is moreso for NDSU fans and maybe just a HUGE coincidence but I have a friend who just left the Airport in Fargo. Bohl is making a quick trip to Berkley California. I don't like the timing of this given that Jeff Tedford was just relieved of his duties as Football Coach for the California Golden Bears. Is this just a coincidence that Bohl is making this trip or is NDSU maybe going to be looking for a new head coach? Many NDSU fans have asked the question how long will we be able to hang onto our coach. I don't know what the odds are that he'd get a job like that but the timing of this trip sure seems to be more than just a coincidence. Guess we will find out.

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
This is moreso for NDSU fans and maybe just a HUGE coincidence but I have a friend who just left the Airport in Fargo. Bohl is making a quick trip to Berkley California. I don't like the timing of this given that Jeff Tedford was just relieved of his duties as Football Coach for the California Golden Bears. Is this just a coincidence that Bohl is making this trip or is NDSU maybe going to be looking for a new head coach? Many NDSU fans have asked the question how long will we be able to hang onto our coach. I don't know what the odds are that he'd get a job like that but the timing of this trip sure seems to be more than just a coincidence. Guess we will find out.

That's one thing that comes from success at the FCS level. You always are wondering when your coach is going to go try make a fool of himself for more money at the FBS level.

BisonBacker
November 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
That's one thing that comes from success at the FCS level. You always are wondering when your coach is going to go try make a fool of himself for more money at the FBS level.

Make a fool or make a fortune. Hard to argue salary's when you are looking at potentially a 600k increase or more in your paycheck annually.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Looks like you got yourself a scoop. Wonder if he could turn things around there?

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
NDSU doesn't really recruit that area as far as I know so it may be more than just a coincidence. They have gotten a few JUCOs from California so we can hope it's just a recruiting trip.

I think that's the type of job it'll take for Bohl to move out of Fargo, a head coach position at a BCS school that is. I was hoping he'd still be low enough on the radar that the BCS schools wouldn't go after him as a head coach though.

gotts
November 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I believe it is a "quiet period" right now, but I think you can make an off-campus visit to a recruit. Is there someone well-versed on NCAA recruiting guidelines that can explain/clarify?

gumby013
If he was leaving in the open, I doubt it was to interview. Most BCS jobs are negotiated through 3rd parties, and in neutral locations. It's also likely, if it was serious, that a candidate would be flown in on a booster's plane.

BisonBacker
Looks like you got yourself a scoop. Wonder if he could turn things around there?

I'm not looking for credit for a scoop or anything like that and certainly not looking at starting a rumor. I just got an email from a friend who said he ran into Bohl at the airport in Fargo this afternoon and talked to him. Not sure how he found out or knew he was going to Berkley but thats what my friend said. I thought I heard they just relieved their head coach of his duties and things started to click. I hope I'm wrong.

MarkyMark
November 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM
We have players that we are recruiting in CA and he flys around alot to recruit.

I expect he will get opportunities to move up but I also expect it would be a Big 10 or Big 12 job that would get him to leave. Why would you post speculation like this on the internet if you are a Bison fan? We are in a playoff run and you are helping to create distractions.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
We have players that we are recruiting in CA and he flys around alot to recruit.

I expect he will get opportunities to move up but I also expect it would be a Big 10 or Big 12 job that would get him to leave. Why would you post speculation like this on the internet if you are a Bison fan? We are in a playoff run and you are helping to create distractions.

This.

moosbah
November 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if he was looking at that job. It would be a great platform.

asumike83
November 20th, 2012, 04:55 PM

If a post on a message board is enough to distract the team from winning a title, there are bigger problems. Your boys will be ready.

BisonBacker
November 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM

I'm a fan but I'm also not going to stick my head in the sand and think that he's never going to leave Fargo. This trip at this time is very suspect and given that he's had the success at this level it's only natural to expect he's eventually going to get an opportunity elsewhere. Makes me no less of a fan that I talked about it. Not talking about it isn't going to change the fact he's going to Berkley for some reason. Not talking about it also doesn't change the fact that the Golden Bears just fired their head coach. Get over it already. I'd love to think Bohl will be in Fargo for the rest of his career but if he continues to have the success he has that ain't happening my friend.

straightshooter
November 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Just hope you don't get the news like we did at GSU when Johnson left for the Naval Academy. Twas the Monday or Tuesday before the national semifinal game and Adrian Peterson's last year. Talk about letting the wind out of your sails.....

Of course if Bohl's got any sense about him, he'll stay as far away from Berkeley and that den of liberalism as he possibly can.

MarkyMark
November 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I'm a fan but I'm also not going to stick my head in the sand and think that he's never going to leave Fargo. This trip at this time is very suspect and given that he's had the success at this level it's only natural to expect he's eventually going to get an opportunity elsewhere. Makes me no less of a fan that I talked about it. Not talking about it isn't going to change the fact he's going to Berkley for some reason. Not talking about it also doesn't change the fact that the Golden Bears just fired their head coach. Get over it already. I'd love to think Bohl will be in Fargo for the rest of his career but if he continues to have the success he has that ain't happening my friend.

I have no doubt he will have opportunities to move up. This is good chatter for the offseason, really nothing good comes from discussing or putting this speculation out there right now.

BisonBacker
November 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM
For the record I hope I'm wrong and will say so myself if I find out any differently. Fact is the person who told me about it isn't one to make **** up. I plan on talking to him tonight to ask him just how exactly he found out where coach was going. Either way I hope he stays but a job like that with the money it would pay would be hard to say no to if he got the chance I imagine. We shall see.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM
cal seems to be an unlikely fit. This is nothing imo.

bisonnation
November 20th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not looking for credit for a scoop or anything like that and certainly not looking at starting a rumor. I just got an email from a friend who said he ran into Bohl at the airport in Fargo this afternoon and talked to him. Not sure how he found out or knew he was going to Berkley but thats what my friend said. I thought I heard they just relieved their head coach of his duties and things started to click. I hope I'm wrong.

It's 2 days before Thanksgiving. People travel during the holidays. Now watch the rumors start. The players will freak out and recruits start questioning the decision. Good job!! Way to go! :)

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
It's 2 days before Thanksgiving. People travel during the holidays. Now watch the rumors start. The players will freak out and recruits start questioning the decision. Good job!! Way to go! :)
Sweet! If it's that easy I'm going to go on UNI's, SDSU's, Minnesota's, Montana's, and Montana St's message board saying that their coaches may be looking for a better job. All the recruits considering them will immediately be off those schools and decide that they want to come to NDSU instead when Bohl gets back from his Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Bee's in California.

http://marquetteeducator.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/head_in_the_sand-461x307.jpg

BisonBacker
November 20th, 2012, 05:44 PM

Oh my BisonNation will be headed to a disaster of biblical proportions. Old Testament wrath of god type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

On a more serious note if this isn't true it shouldn't be that hard to find out. If Bohl is at practices end of story. I'm just saying a friend of mine who isn't one to spread crap said he saw him at the airport. Now how he knows he was allegedly heading to Berkley I don't know yet but I plan on talking to him to find out. I just found it very coincidental if true given the timing of the trip.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 20th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I checked out the Cal Bears message board and there isn't any Craig Bohl talk... Go figure! They are all convinced that Chris Peterson, current Boise State Head Coach, will be next to take over their program.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM

Bohl said Berkeley or did your friend make it up or guess? Lots of talent in CA and lots of Universities and CC's in the Bay Area perhaps he is looking at a recruit/transfer. Seems kind of weird that bohl would admit to going to 'berkeley' instead of the city if he were secretly scoping a HC position.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I checked out the Cal Bears message board and there isn't any Craig Bohl talk... Go figure! They are all convinced that Chris Peterson, current Boise State Head Coach, will be next to take over their program.
so they're delusional?

Jacked_Rabbit
November 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM
so they're delusional?

Exactly...

BisonBacker
November 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Bohl said Berkeley or did your friend make it up or guess? Lots of talent in CA and lots of Universities and CC's in the Bay Area perhaps he is looking at a recruit/transfer. Seems kind of weird that bohl would admit to going to 'berkeley' instead of the city if he were secretly scoping a HC position.
I haven't heard back from him and I've been calling and texting him about it. I have heard from others that it's BS and they may be right. If I find out this friend is info is wrong I'll be happy about the fact Bohl isn't going anywhere for now anyway but I'll be pissed he made the comment. Given who told me I took it as accurate. I'll be happy to be wrong on this one.

sgt smash
November 20th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Tony Dungy is rumored to have landed in Fargo tonight. All is well Bison Nation.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Tony Dungy is rumored to have landed in Fargo tonight. All is well Bison Nation.

xlolx

bisonnation
November 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM

And Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich was in Fargo last month. He said it was to meet his girlfriends family but I heard rumors hes going to be recording a Metallica CD with the NDSU Orchestra and interview for the band director job!

And Dungy is flying in a helicopter with Bret Favre who will be our qb coach

bisonnation
November 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Sweet! If it's that easy I'm going to go on UNI's, SDSU's, Minnesota's, Montana's, and Montana St's message board saying that their coaches may be looking for a better job. All the recruits considering them will immediately be off those schools and decide that they want to come to NDSU instead when Bohl gets back from his Thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Bee's in California.
H
http://marquetteeducator.files.wordpress.61x307.jpg

The smiley face meant I wasnt serious, except for the Thanksgiving part

ITmonarch10
November 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM

I'm not sure why they would believe that. The old Cal Coach made about $2.3 million and Chris Peterson makes 1.5 million. However, I think being the King of Boise trumps trumps being a nobody in California. It makes more since for Cal to go after NDSU head coach.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I hate to see my fellow Fresno State alum Jeff Tedford have something like this happen.Pretty dumb move by Cal, but the Golden Bears haven't been the sharpest tools in the shed in terms of coaching decisions through the years. Tedford won a lot of games at Cal during his time there and raised the level of the Golden Bear program to a place it hadn't been in a very long time. Tedford was the winningest coach in Cal history in his 11 years there.

With the unrealistic expectations that the fickle Cal fans have, I'm not sure I'd recommend Craig Bohl take this job.

frozennorth
November 20th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure why they would believe that. The old Cal Coach made about $2.3 million and Chris Peterson makes 1.5 million. However, I think being the King of Boise trumps trumps being a nobody in California. It makes more since for Cal to go after NDSU head coach.

"he annual salary, which includes longevity incentives, deferred compensation and pension payments, will be $1,706,333 in 2012, $1,898,000 in 2013, $2,098,000 in 2014, $2,298,000 in 2015 and $2,498,000 in 2016.

Read more here: http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2012/04/16/ccripe/here_are_details_boise_state_football_coach_chris_ petersens_new_#storylink=cpy"

slostang
November 20th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I don't see Cal hiring a FCS coach. They need to put butts in the seats and need a name to do that. While all of here know who Bohl is, not many outside the FCS community do.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah this seems pretty far fetched.

ITmonarch10
November 20th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I don't see Cal hiring a FCS coach. They need to put butts in the seats and need a name to do that. While all of here know who Bohl is, not many outside the FCS community do.
Why do you say that? Do People forget Chip Kelly used to be New Hampshire's Offensive Coordinator not to long ago. Craig Bohl might become Cal's Defensive Coordinator at least.

NoCoDanny
November 20th, 2012, 10:30 PM
What is Bohl's current salary?

344Johnson
November 20th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Bill Cowher stopped by my bank today and cashed a check from NDSU...looked like a signing bonus. Also opened an account and placed his Super Bowl ring in a safety deposit box.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I have confirmed that he was in Berkley today. Not sure why though.

Twentysix
November 20th, 2012, 10:37 PM
What is Bohl's current salary?

Somewhere around 300k.

Why do you say that? Do People forget Chip Kelly used to be New Hampshire's Offensive Coordinator not to long ago. Craig Bohl might become Cal's Defensive Coordinator at least.

Bohl was already a BCS DC and was scapegoated at Nebraska. I don't think he will be going back to that.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Somewhere around 300k.

Bohl was already a BCS DC and was scapegoated at Nebraska. I don't think he will be going back to that.

I agree he probably won't go to be anything but a HC, but money talks, and northern California wouldn't be a bad place to live.

clenz
November 20th, 2012, 11:00 PM
If he is interviewing that's not a shock. I'd bet most FCS coaches interview for more jobs than you'd think.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2012, 12:40 AM
I agree he probably won't go to be anything but a HC, but money talks, and northern California wouldn't be a bad place to live.

According to http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-coaches-contracts-database.htm the highest paid UC-Berkeley assistant Coach makes less than bohl makes at NDSU. I really find it far fetched he would move for anything less than a BCS HC position, and I find it far fetched that a BCS school would hire an FCS HC.

Top paid Cal Assistants in 2009 were at 168k as the base salary for both coordinators, one coordinator made 80k in additional salary, and the other made 73k. Which is only putting them on par with Bohl or even slightly under. Not to mention the bay area is spendy as ****, 300k in ND is probably like a million bucks a year in the bay area. I love Cali, but money certainly does not go as far.

gumby013
November 21st, 2012, 04:39 AM

My sources tell me he was sitting next to John Gruden on the plane.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2012, 06:01 AM
Probably a recruiting trip....

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 07:23 AM
I find all the comments interesting. First for those NDSU fans who don't like the idea that Bohl would leave Fargo so they make smart *** comments you are in for a rude awakening. Bohl if given the opportunity to make the kind of money a HC can make at some of these schools will leave in an instant. I'm not saying you have to like it I know I won't either. But it is what it is. So go ahead like I said before I do hope I'm wrong and look like the fool here for posting this thread but I've still not heard anything definitive on this to say it isn't true. A friend on this board PM'd me and assured me it wasn't according to his sources close to the football program (I have no idea who they are and don't care I hope he's right). But to act as some have here that this just couldn't be possible is not exactly being realistic. Yeah the timing would suck but then again anytime if and when it happens it will suck. Facts are facts winning coaches are sought after and Bohl according to one article linked to on this site by those who write and follow FCS football for a living listed Bohl as #1 target for FBS schools looking for coaches. If we keep winning that light shining on Bohl is going to get brighter.

UNDBIZ
November 21st, 2012, 07:42 AM
If we keep winning that light shining on Bohl is going to get brighter.

Better throw the next game to make sure he stays.....xsalutex

xpopcornx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM

xpopcornx

Wow......UND troll coming out of the woodwork.....xblahx

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM

xpopcornx

xblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxblahxxb lahxxblahxxblahxxblahx

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2012, 08:48 AM
I find all the comments interesting. First for those NDSU fans who don't like the idea that Bohl would leave Fargo so they make smart *** comments you are in for a rude awakening. Bohl if given the opportunity to make the kind of money a HC can make at some of these schools will leave in an instant. I'm not saying you have to like it I know I won't either. But it is what it is. So go ahead like I said before I do hope I'm wrong and look like the fool here for posting this thread but I've still not heard anything definitive on this to say it isn't true. A friend on this board PM'd me and assured me it wasn't according to his sources close to the football program (I have no idea who they are and don't care I hope he's right). But to act as some have here that this just couldn't be possible is not exactly being realistic. Yeah the timing would suck but then again anytime if and when it happens it will suck. Facts are facts winning coaches are sought after and Bohl according to one article linked to on this site by those who write and follow FCS football for a living listed Bohl as #1 target for FBS schools looking for coaches. If we keep winning that light shining on Bohl is going to get brighter.
I think one big factor is what Mrs. Bohl (a.k.a. Mrs. Kelly) thinks about leaving ND for more money. She's got a pretty decent gig here right now and you know what they say: "A happy wife is a happy life."

Go Bison
November 21st, 2012, 09:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Bohl moves on at some point and you never know when opportunities arise. Bohl has interviewed for other jobs before but either hasn't been offered or used it as a bargaining chip when negotiating his next contract. I know one thing that if Bohl leave this season whomever the next coach is will have a team that will have a lot of experience and a ton of seniors. Who wouldn't want to coach next year's Bison team? I will say this though, NDSU have been blessed with many good football coaches, but when they have left they haven't done so well. Except for Ron Erhardt most Bison coaches haven't seen success outside of Fargo.

sgt smash
November 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
I realize Bohl is a prospect for many coaching jobs, but hearsay at an airport from a third party over the nternet will probably warrant a few smartass comments. That said, thanks for the scoop.

Hammerhead
November 21st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Rocky Hager is probably the only Bison coach in my lifetime who would have been happy at NDSU for the rest of his career as the other good ones moved on to the FBS or the NFL. I guess it all boils down to whether Bohl is happy being a big fish in a small pond (Fargo and the FCS) or would rather be an average fish in the big pond of a major conference.

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM

This. I find it comical reading all the almost delusional comments on here so far. "Oh there's lots of talent in california so he's probably just recruiting." or "It's thanksgiving time, reasonable time of year to go on vacation." You don't want to believe that it's true, so you'll try to make something up in your head to make the person who reported it sound stupid. The fact is this school let go of a coach and publicly stated that they are beginning their search immediately. When they do these searches, they call up a bunch of people. So, the fact that he might be going for an interview doesn't mean he's the only one that's going to be there. They want someone to turn their program around, and he's got a pretty solid track record at NDSU. Just because it's not FBS, doesn't mean they haven't noticed his success.

344Johnson
November 21st, 2012, 09:45 AM
My sources tell me he was sitting next to John Gruden on the plane.

Tony was coming to give a motivational speech. John was coming to do his QB show with Jensen. Duh.

BisonAccountant44
November 21st, 2012, 10:19 AM
I have no idea if this will turn out to be legit or not, and I have no delusions of Coach Bohl retiring as an NDSU Bison. I just hope that when he does leave we find out about it in the offseason and not in the middle of a playoff run.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Well guys I'm here to tell you my friend has clammed up on this. I"m just going to hope it's not true. Hopefully others who have pm'd me on this are correct. To those who didn't blast my butt on this thanks. To those who did well that's life.

Sycamore62
November 21st, 2012, 12:33 PM
He might not be interested but any coach would have to listen to someone wanting to Quadruple their salary.

Bisonoline
November 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM
Well guys I'm here to tell you my friend has clammed up on this. I"m just going to hope it's not true. Hopefully others who have pm'd me on this are correct. To those who didn't blast my butt on this thanks. To those who did well that's life.

Thanks for the info. I find it interesting. What I cant believe is that this hasnt hit BV yet:D.

UNDBIZ
November 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Wow......UND troll coming out of the woodwork.....xblahx

It's called sarcasm. Is this a touchy subject or something?? I'd guess this is either Thanksgiving related or else Bohl just wants a raise from NDSU. Nothing to see here..... yet.

Thundar
November 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
His son plays for moorhead st also who knows, he go visit an assistant about coming to Fargo?

AmsterBison
November 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the info. I find it interesting. What I cant believe is that this hasnt hit BV yet:D.

Maybe you are underestimating the ability of BV posters to detect bull crap. :)

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe you are underestimating the ability of BV posters to detect bull crap. :)

No he's just recognizing the ability of the Bisonville gestapo to squelch what they don't feel is worthy of your board. Your site is not one of tolerance or allowing of discussion when you don't like said discussion. Now that is bull crap

AmsterBison
November 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
No he's just recognizing the ability of the Bisonville gestapo to squelch what they don't feel is worthy of your board. Your site is not one of tolerance or allowing of discussion when you don't like said discussion. Now that is bull crap

Where in the world did that come from? Nobody has tried to post this rumor on bisonville - and if it was posted, it would be greeted with derision rather than a squelching.

There's a thread or two on BV about Bohl leaving every single year - some years people have been worried that he'll get hired away, some years the same people have wanted him fired because some people are always in panic mode, but even for them, this rumor must seem ridiculous. First, Fargo's Hector Airport vs Fargo Jet Center: One of these places takes you to a BCS job interview, the other does not. Second, Cal will hire a head-hunting firm to come up with a list of candidates, then they'll bring in some of them for interviews - not the other way around. Third, Coach Bohl never, ever talks about other jobs, now suddenly he's in the Fargo airport giving the oddly-specific destination of "Berkeley?"

Coach Bohl might get hired for a BCS job someday... maybe even this year. Heck, in the offseason there'll probably be a new thread everytime a BCS job opens up but this "info" is inane.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
My guess: I think BisonBacker's friend knows that he is a crazed NDSU fan, gullable as all hell, and simply wanted to get a laugh out of making up this little story... He will probably tell you the truth (that he made this story up) at next weekend's tailgate.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM
Where in the world did that come from? Nobody has tried to post this rumor on bisonville - and if it was, it would be pretty derisive.

There's a thread or two on BV about Bohl leaving every single year - some years people have been worried that he'll get hired away, some years the same people have wanted him fired because some people are always in panic mode, but even for them, this rumor must seem ridiculous. First, Fargo's Hector Airport vs Fargo Jet Center: One of these places takes you to a BCS job interview, the other does not. Second, Cal will hire a head-hunting firm to come up with a list of candidates, then they'll bring in some of them for interviews - not the other way around. Third, Coach Bohl never, ever talks about other jobs, now suddenly he's in the Fargo airport giving the oddly-specific destination of "Berkeley?"

Coach Bohl might get hired for a BCS job someday... maybe even this year but this "info" smells like BS.

Well Tony I'm glad you at least admit or realize unlike some others that the likely hood is he will be hired away from NDSU at some point in time. It's not that I want to see that happen either I like Bohl as a coach and hope he stays. You also know exactly what I'm referring to in my comment about Bisonville but maybe time has dulled your memory, I'll leave it at that. As for what I heard and who I heard it from you have no idea so making comments on its credibility from you I could as easily call BS like you have done. I still don't know how the destination was known assuming it's true. I never stated Bohl was dancing through either terminal exclaiming he was going to Berkley. I'm not one to go about posting crap and putting myself out there to be ridiculed or proven wrong. I only stated what I did because the person who told me isn't one to lie or start rumors. I don't like them anymore than the next person. Personally I hope as I have already stated several times on this topic that it's wrong and he stays. I do however realize he's going to be in the discussions for Jobs given his success at NDSU especially if he continues to win. For those who will take shots at the idea he maybe looked at fine they are entitled to their opinion. Time will tell on this.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 02:17 PM
My guess: I think BisonBacker's friend knows that he is a crazed NDSU fan, gullable as all hell, and simply wanted to get a laugh out of making up this little story... He will probably tell you the truth (that he made this story up) at next weekend's tailgate.

Wow crazed and gullible, given we haven't met for you to say that is making some broad ***umptions. I'm a fan of NDSU but I don't go overboard so to say crazed. Anyone who knows me will tell you different. The Gullible comment. Anyone who thinks a successful head coach isn't going to be looked at for FBS jobs is the one who is gullible. Whether this turns out to be true or not is yet to be seen. But thanks for the kind words (Sarcasm Intended)!

aces1180
November 21st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Well Tony I'm glad you at least admit or realize unlike some others that the likely hood is he will be hired away from NDSU at some point in time. It's not that I want to see that happen either I like Bohl as a coach and hope he stays. You also know exactly what I'm referring to in my comment about Bisonville but maybe time has dulled your memory, I'll leave it at that. As for what I heard and who I heard it from you have no idea so making comments on its credibility from you I could as easily call BS like you have done. I still don't know how the destination was known assuming it's true. I never stated Bohl was dancing through either terminal exclaiming he was going to Berkley. I'm not one to go about posting crap and putting myself out there to be ridiculed or proven wrong. I only stated what I did because the person who told me isn't one to lie or start rumors. I don't like them anymore than the next person. Personally I hope as I have already stated several times on this topic that it's wrong and he stays. I do however realize he's going to be in the discussions for Jobs given his success at NDSU especially if he continues to win. For those who will take shots at the idea he maybe looked at fine they are entitled to their opinion. Time will tell on this.

Your hatred of BV makes me laugh...speaking of laughing, whatever happened to bisonsports.net?

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Your hatred of BV makes me laugh...speaking of laughing, whatever happened to bisonsports.net?

I don't hate BV. But speaking of hating you seem to do it well.

ASU_Fanatic
November 21st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Lol I don't blame him leaving North Dakota for California has to sound pretty amazing.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Lol I don't blame him leaving North Dakota for California has to sound pretty amazing.

Look what happened when Custer left North Dakota

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2012, 04:08 PM
I didn't know there was animosity with BB on BV or whatever it is that is going on here but from an outsider perspective what did he do wrong here? He didn't throw his chips all in on this at any point. He said it seems like a possibility considering the timing of it all.

I don't want to divert the discussion but it seems odd that he is taking heat for this? It sure seems possible that he's been called in, its also real possible that he is doing any number of things however I don't think HC normally take recruiting trips this time of the year if they are in the playoffs but could be wrong on that.

Griz fans have seen this a lot of times before and it has always turned out that when a coach takes a trip during the playoffs it's because he's been asked to interview for a new job so I may be a little slanted on this one though.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Wow crazed and gullible, given we haven't met for you to say that is making some broad ***umptions. I'm a fan of NDSU but I don't go overboard so to say crazed. Anyone who knows me will tell you different. The Gullible comment. Anyone who thinks a successful head coach isn't going to be looked at for FBS jobs is the one who is gullible. Whether this turns out to be true or not is yet to be seen. But thanks for the kind words (Sarcasm Intended)!

hahaha Sorry, they were the only adjectives I could think of. No hard feelings, my man...

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 04:19 PM
hahaha Sorry, they were the only adjectives I could think of. No hard feelings, my man...
No worries no hard feelings on this end. xthumbsupx

dbackjon
November 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Bohl was spotted today at the Memphis airport, transferring to a plane to take him to Knoxville.

Sources say he just wanted to see the World's Fair.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Bohl was spotted today at the Memphis airport, transferring to a plane to take him to Knoxville.

Kinda like where in the world is Craig Bohl

http://www.findwaldo.com/fankit/graphics/IntlManOfLiterature/Scenes/DepartmentStore.jpg

aces1180
November 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
I don't hate BV. But speaking of hating you seem to do it well.

I call them like I see them...also, you never answered my question.

clenz
November 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/765742.jpg

aces1180
November 21st, 2012, 05:26 PM
I didn't know there was animosity with BB on BV or whatever it is that is going on here but from an outsider perspective what did he do wrong here? He didn't throw his chips all in on this at any point. He said it seems like a possibility considering the timing of it all.

I don't want to divert the discussion but it seems odd that he is taking heat for this? It sure seems possible that he's been called in, its also real possible that he is doing any number of things however I don't think HC normally take recruiting trips this time of the year if they are in the playoffs but could be wrong on that.

Griz fans have seen this a lot of times before and it has always turned out that when a coach takes a trip during the playoffs it's because he's been asked to interview for a new job so I may be a little slanted on this one though.

These "Bohl is leaving" threads are pretty common...My guess is won't ever here much until he officially accepts a job...

frozennorth
November 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
maybe he's hiring vigens replacecment

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2012, 05:39 PM
I call them like I see them...also, you never answered my question.

Didn't Bisonbacker get jerked around over on bisonville by the mods?

Wyo is one that locks down a thread completely if there is any sniff of religion or politics in any thread. IMO, he gets over-the-top with his locking thread crap.

aces1180
November 21st, 2012, 06:31 PM
Didn't Bisonbacker get jerked around over on bisonville by the mods?

Wyo is one that locks down a thread completely if there is any sniff of religion or politics in any thread. IMO, he gets over-the-top with his locking thread crap.

Yeah, he's got a quick trigger-finger...

clenz
November 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah, he's got a quick trigger-finger...

Which is ironic with how he trolled the **** out of panther nation all summer and first half of the football season

Sent from the nexus of the universe

Vitojr130
November 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM
maybe he's hiring vigens replacecment

Shhh... Don't give me too much hope on this one...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2012, 01:32 AM
These "Bohl is leaving" threads are pretty common...My guess is won't ever here much until he officially accepts a job...

Sure I understand that and all. It's just that when you are a successful program (you guys are) you need to expect this on an every four or five year bassis. I can see dismissing these things prior to last year but right now you are too good, your coach is too good, not to expect that some will be looking at him. Hopefully he is not in line yet but I assure you that even though it's been BS up to this point...it's starting to have a little gleen to it and if someone speculates then it may not be BS. I can't imagine he's not on people's list cuz he's a great example of what College FB should be...value added with little downside that I can see.

As i said though, I'm snakebit. I've seen this too many times and usually the only reason they don't leave is because they were leverage in a negotiation and that almost never happens...Good FCS coaches are a friggin bargain the first 2-4 yrs.

Like I said, I'm snakebit so take that all fwiw.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Sure I understand that and all. It's just that when you are a successful program (you guys are) you need to expect this on an every four or five year bassis. I can see dismissing these things prior to last year but right now you are too good, your coach is too good, not to expect that some will be looking at him. Hopefully he is not in line yet but I assure you that even though it's been BS up to this point...it's starting to have a little gleen to it and if someone speculates then it may not be BS. I can't imagine he's not on people's list cuz he's a great example of what College FB should be...value added with little downside that I can see.

As i said though, I'm snakebit. I've seen this too many times and usually the only reason they don't leave is because they were leverage in a negotiation and that almost never happens...Good FCS coaches are a friggin bargain the first 2-4 yrs.

Clarification, when I say you need to expect this I mean you need to expect actual "coach churn" not just talk about it which does happen to a lot of teams...every year. I don't remember a year after Hauck's 2nd or 3rd that we didn't have this. After Glenn's 2nd the speculation was fairly well founded and he was gone.

tourguide
November 22nd, 2012, 03:31 AM

I don't think anyone would have a problem with a thread titled how long does your coach stay with your team . Or even how long does Craig Bowl stay at NDSU. I think the point is do you want to set a precedent for every time somebody hears from somebody's hairdressers brothers cousin who works at the airport and heard that a coach was going somewhere that it needs a new thread and random speculation.
Bohl will not retire in Fargo he will go to a bigger school. And I'm sorry to break it to everyone but it will be in the middle of a playoff run that's when coaches get hired . That is just my 2 cents I know nothing about BB verses BV

ngineer
November 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
Goes with success. I won't be surprised at all to see Bohl show up in California or a half dozen other BCS destinations after this year. He's on a great roll and they don't last forever, so IF he's looking to reach for the brass ring of the BCS, now would be the time. Most FCS schools face this dilemma every few years. It's the nature of the situation. We've been hearing rumors of some of our coaches, both HC and OC being looked at. Indeed, our OC was on the short list last year and interviewed for the Yale job. So we know the potential is always there. A good AD always has a list of candidates who he/she knows may be approachable in the event a vacancy occurs. Same as the HC, who keeps a list of potential candidates for assistant coaches in the even one of the current ones gets hired away for more money and/or better position. A good program is already to react to change and I'm sure NDSU has plans in place in the event Bohl decides to make a move. I was impressed with him based upon what I saw last year when Lehigh played the Bison. A very solid, no nonsense guy.