PDA

View Full Version : Your National Champions: Illinois State

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I have spoken. :D

Vitojr130
November 20th, 2012, 09:59 AM
If their offense can figure out how to hose a defense for more than 2 quarters, maybe. If their defense can figure out how to hose an offense for more than 2 quarters, maybe. Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

Apphole
November 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Their season ends at The Rock on December 1.

DetroitFlyer
November 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
As a fan of a team that got smoked by ISU, I will be pulling for them.

NDSUstudent
November 20th, 2012, 10:22 AM

NDSU vs ISU-r for the National Champ? Missour Valley Championship Part II. ;)

Twentysix
November 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
NDSU vs ISU-r for the National Champ? Missour Valley Championship Part II. ;)

Thats my bracket ;)

CopperCat
November 20th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Their season ends at The Rock on December 1.

This.

The Eagle's Cliff
November 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I've got EWU defeating ODU in Frisco.

NDSU loses to UNH in 2nd round.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM

much earlier in the year I would have agreed with you, I saw some of the game against E Mich and thought they looked real good, i even picked them to beat NDST last week, (gotta pick a few upsets) and things started out well but went North in a hurry.

Houndawg
November 20th, 2012, 02:25 PM
As a fan of a team that got smoked by ISU, I will be pulling for them.

As a fan of a team that shut them out at their place, me too.:D

Don't see it though, I think they're overrated.

moosbah
November 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM

But have you said anything? Time will tell.

Edge316007
November 20th, 2012, 02:52 PM
It is possible. There are no 3-8 teams in the playoffs for them to worry about.

straightshooter
November 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM

UNH has absolutely NO defense, and defense wins championships. They will likely lose in their first game because they can't stop anybody. Look for Wofford to have 40 minutes of possession time in their game.

SpeedkingATL
November 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I just relieved that ISU doesn't run a damn run option based offense. App's defense has looked a lot better against traditional/spread type offenses than the option. Interesting to see how their power running game will work against App. App's young defensive line started playing a lot better later in the year but is still a little thin on rotation. I think the App linebackers will cover the outside pretty well but could get gashed up front. Kind of an interesting match-up but the Redbirds reminds me too much of the JMU, Nova and Maine teams that have given App fits in recent playoffs for comfort.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM

In the FD?

Doubt it.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
In the FD?

Doubt it.

Wasn't the Indiana state game in the Fargo dome too? However, I agree with you.

I have a feeling SHSU will end up in Frisco from the bottom half of the bracket.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BEAR
November 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I'm calling coach Conque to let him know.

asumike83
November 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I am very nervous about facing ISU, not an ideal match-up for us. My only prediction is that the winner of the ASU/ISU game will make a run to at least the Semifinals.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Wasn't the Indiana state game in the Fargo dome too? However, I agree with you.

I have a feeling SHSU will end up in Frisco from the bottom half of the bracket.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ya, I not saying the Bison never get beat at home...they do. But MV teams know us pretty well, teams from other conferences don't.

Pard4Life
November 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM

... and in one ear, out the other...

NDSU is winning this show again...

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hamburgers defeat the Hillbillies in a game that will look a lot like last year's NC game.

theasushow
November 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Ill just say that since 2005 we are 4-0 against the MVC in the playoffs, Southern Illinois, UNI, Western Illinois, and Youngstown State. And while UNI did put up a great effort in the NC, for the most part, the MVC hasnt had nearly the team speed to keep up with the Apps. All but the UNI game were over by the 3rd quarter. Anything could happen Saturday, and Illinois State is certainly a formidable opponent, but I like our chances. This may be the fastest team Illinois State has faced all season, and you cant teach that, even in 2 weeks.

GSUhooligan
November 20th, 2012, 08:21 PM
NDSU troll coming to laugh about "team speed" in 3.....2........1......

68ndsuBISONfan
November 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hmm.
Lets see here. Seems that NDSU wore out your claim to fame Redbirds last weekend. Yea, you may have played it close for awhile, but our Road Grader offense tore apart your defense in most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. So, what publishing company are you considering contacting to publish your very short story. "Illinois State National Champions". Have you considered one in FANTASY LAND ?

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM

Troll? I'm not touching this one anyway.....someone else can do the honors regarding "speed".

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hmm.
Lets see here. Seems that NDSU wore out your claim to fame Redbirds last weekend. Yea, you may have played it close for awhile, but our Road Grader offense tore apart your defense in most of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. So, what publishing company are you considering contacting to publish your very short story. "Illinois State National Champions". Have you considered one in FANTASY LAND ?

You realize that was a Lehigh fan probably posting as a joke right?

theasushow
November 20th, 2012, 08:55 PM

Yea, I remember 2 years ago Western Illinois played down the speed thing saying "we're a lot faster than you think", and then started rattling off 40 times and speed wont be and issue and all that.....42-14 later they were saying "you see what had happened was...." Ill also say that NDSU isnt Illinois State, and they have enough talent to overcome what they may lack in speed.

Mr. C
November 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM

Not a chance.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Yea, I remember 2 years ago Western Illinois played down the speed thing saying "we're a lot faster than you think", and then started rattling off 40 times and speed wont be and issue and all that.....42-14 later they were saying "you see what had happened was...." Ill also say that NDSU isnt Illinois State, and they have enough talent to overcome what they may lack in speed.

Man I sure hope we get to see some more of that "speed" again this year....:D

X-Factor
November 20th, 2012, 10:05 PM

Given the recent success against the socon, NDSU has a lot to laugh about

BlueHenSinfonian
November 20th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I think Illinois State has potential, but I'm not counting out Villanova, MSU, or EWU on that side of the bracket either. ODU is going to be the team to beat in the top half. Yes, the defense is a bit suspect, but nobody else in the FCS has an offense that can match, and this will be their last chance to play for a championship for many, many, many, years.

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2012, 10:49 PM
I am surprised everyone is writing off SHSU. They were in the Championship last year Baylor and A&M were two of their losses and the other was in Conway on that purple madness that no one but UCA has won on. Not to mention they have been WEARING teams out recently. It could very well be a rematch in Frisco.

theasushow
November 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Given the recent success against the socon, NDSU has a lot to laugh about

Recent success against The SOCON? You're 1-0 verse the SOCON in the past 5 years. xeyebrowx Thats like us saying "given the recent success against the BIG 10, ASU has a lot to laugh about".

mmiller_34
November 20th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I don't think Illinois State has the defense to win the championship. I'm picking ODU to win, and although their defense has been a sieve at times, they've played better in the second half of the season. Also, when you have that high powered offense you can afford to give up 20-30 points a game. Thats not the case with Illinois State, their offense has been stymied by multiple teams this season.

344Johnson
November 20th, 2012, 11:43 PM

I think Illinois State has potential, but I'm not counting out Villanova, MSU, or EWU on that side of the bracket either. ODU is going to be the team to beat in the top half. Yes, the defense is a bit suspect, but nobody else in the FCS has an offense that can match, and this will be their last chance to play for a championship for many, many, many, years.

Typically you need to play defense to win titles yeah? ODU doesn't do that it seems.

I'll take NDSU or Georgia Southern in the top. Sam or Montana State in the bottom.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
I don't think Illinois State has the defense to win the championship. I'm picking ODU to win, and although their defense has been a sieve at times, they've played better in the second half of the season. Also, when you have that high powered offense you can afford to give up 20-30 points a game. Thats not the case with Illinois State, their offense has been stymied by multiple teams this season.

I'll take a strong defense over ODU's offense any day. The offense can have an 'off' day and if you do not have the defense to help pick up the slack......

I would like to see a match-up of NDSU/ODU.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2012, 07:33 AM
... and in one ear, out the other...

NDSU is winning this show again...

THIS ^^

WataugaDave
November 21st, 2012, 08:16 AM
Maybe. Maybe. Maybe.

You're gonna be the one that saves me, saves me, saves me. And after allllll, you're my wonderwalllll.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Vitojr130
November 21st, 2012, 08:27 AM
You're gonna be the one that saves me, saves me, saves me. And after allllll, you're my wonderwalllll.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Hey, if I were Oasis, I wouldn't be here.

Apphole
November 21st, 2012, 09:50 AM
I don't believe that aaaaanybody, feels the way I do about App State.

MTfan4life
November 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM
I am surprised everyone is writing off SHSU. They were in the Championship last year Baylor and A&M were two of their losses and the other was in Conway on that purple madness that no one but UCA has won on. Not to mention they have been WEARING teams out recently. It could very well be a rematch in Frisco.

"oh but they haven't played anybody worth a crap or beat anybody worth a crap" and whatever blah blah blah crap people want to come up with to ignore the reality that they are a legitimately solid team. The fact is they are good. Few teams, if any, would rip through the teams that they've been dominating. They have practically the same team as last season and we all saw the effectiveness that team had. "Oh but you hit their quarterback once and he'll cry." That was one game. You could come up with stupid unintelligent "one liners" for any team or any player. Their double FBS + 1 DII schedule is the only thing keeping them from having a seed. If they can get past their enigma of a first game, they'll be a major force in the playoffs.

Kramden
November 21st, 2012, 10:20 AM
They have as good a chance as anyone. Good Luck.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Bump

kdinva
December 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
three more to go.........

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM
Bump

Shameful csjunk

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 04:43 PM
great win today...but in all honesty nothing that I saw today would make me pick them to win it all. ASU isnt on the level of many of the playoff teams.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
great win today...but in all honesty nothing that I saw today would make me pick them to win it all. ASU isnt on the level of many of the playoff teams.

like the Illi St QB.... very poised

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 06:40 PM
like the Illi St QB.... very poised

Tremendous QB, but he doesn't play defense, and when ASU finally figured it out, they were able to score at will on the ISU D. ASU just couldn't stop the ISU offense either, which is why they are packing away their pads right now.

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Tremendous QB, but he doesn't play defense, and when ASU finally figured it out, they were able to score at will on the ISU D. ASU just couldn't stop the ISU offense either, which is why they are packing away their pads right now.

ASU missed the last score

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 06:44 PM
ASU missed the last score

Not because they didnt move the ball at will.

Wallace
December 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM
... ASU finally figured it out, they were able to score at will...

^^^ this

Houndawg
December 1st, 2012, 07:39 PM

I have to agree; ISU is not a great team by any stretch and were lucky to make the field at all, imo. ASU's defense must be very, very bad. Very surprised by the outcome.

GlassOnion
December 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
I have to agree; ISU is not a great team by any stretch and were lucky to make the field at all, imo. ASU's defense must be very, very bad. Very surprised by the outcome.

1/11th of it anyways.

Houndawg
December 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Ill just say that since 2005 we are 4-0 against the MVC in the playoffs, Southern Illinois, UNI, Western Illinois, and Youngstown State. And while UNI did put up a great effort in the NC, for the most part, the MVC hasnt had nearly the team speed to keep up with the Apps. All but the UNI game were over by the 3rd quarter. Anything could happen Saturday, and Illinois State is certainly a formidable opponent, but I like our chances. This may be the fastest team Illinois State has faced all season, and you cant teach that, even in 2 weeks.

Thanks for sharing.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for sharing.

My most sincere apologies for liking our chances in a playoff game....and yet still, we are 4-1 against the MVC in the playoffs, ill take that any day.

Houndawg
December 1st, 2012, 07:51 PM
My most sincere apologies for liking our chances in a playoff game....and yet still, we are 4-1 against the MVC in the playoffs, ill take that any day.

No apology necessary, tell me again how fast you are.

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 08:02 PM
No apology necessary, tell me again how fast you are.

Idk ask UNI in the National Championship, or SIU, or YSU, or WIU.

BTW, I guarantee, if ASU had won this game, you woudn't see me digging up old NDSU and ISU posts saying they were the better team. I expect every team's fans that we play to say they feel like they are going to win the game, but if they dont, I am not gonna go throwing up in their face the posts they made throughout the week to support their cause.

Saint3333
December 1st, 2012, 08:04 PM
SIU knows how fast we are on offense. We were down a few defensive players and their replacements' speed may have been the difference in the game.

ISU has some solid players but they are not a national title contender. App played a game with a lot of heart tonight and those guys have nothing to be ashamed of but they are a year away and a couple players away from a title run if we stay at this level.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2012, 08:23 PM
Idk ask UNI in the National Championship, or SIU, or YSU, or WIU.

BTW, I guarantee, if ASU had won this game, you woudn't see me digging up old NDSU and ISU posts saying they were the better team. I expect every team's fans that we play to say they feel like they are going to win the game, but if they dont, I am not gonna go throwing up in their face the posts they made throughout the week to support their cause.

Speed didn't factor into the 2005 NC game. It was a great back and forth and you guys wrapped it up on a fumble return for a TD on a sack.

Saint3333
December 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Those defensive ends were fast ;-).

theasushow
December 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Speed didn't factor into the 2005 NC game. It was a great back and forth and you guys wrapped it up on a fumble return for a TD on a sack.

You're probably right, but if this kids wants to troll through week old posts to throw it up in my face that we lost, I have to bring up our good record against the MVC. (before today) Awesome game in 2005 btw...could have gone either way.

PantherRob82
December 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Those defensive ends were fast ;-).
They were beasts.

GreatAppSt
December 9th, 2012, 09:29 PM

And now yer Choken.xthumbsupx

xlolxxlmaoxxlolxxlmaoxxlolxxlmaoxxlolx

theasushow
December 9th, 2012, 09:59 PM
you see what had happened was...

Pard4Life
December 9th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Should have followed my lead and went with NDSU, LFN. Pards know best.

GATA_OneMoreTime
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Well that worked out.xthumbsupx