PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 & 2 Game Times... ugh

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2012, 04:34 PM
November 24 at Staten Island, New York, 12 p.m. (ET) Colgate (8-3) at Wagner (8-3)
November 24 at Daytona Beach, Florida, 2 p.m. (ET) Coastal Carolina (7-4) at Bethune-Cookman (9-2)
November 24 at Brookings, South Dakota, 3 p.m. (ET) Eastern Illinois (7-4) at South Dakota State (8-3)
November 24 at Stony Brook, New York , 3 p.m. (ET) Villanova (8-3) at Stony Brook (9-2)

Further proof that the folks running the show could care less about the playoffs. Would it have killed anyone to have the game times be noon, 3pm/3:30pm, and 7:00pm? The way it stands now all four games could be in progress at the same time.

The second round isn't much better, with four (!) 2 PM games, two 4 PM games, two 6 PM games and one 7 PM game.

I know there's going to be some overlap between the second-round games, but would it be so hard to have them staggered, like: one at 12PM, two at 2PM, two at 4PM, two at 6PM, and one at, say, 8PM?

It can't be that hard to make the playoffs something that can be followed nationally. The way they have it there's going to be six games going on at the same time at 4PM on Saturday. And then people wonder why people don't go to games and instead follow things at home.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I agree that I'd like them to be spread out more, but do all the host universities in question have suitable lighting? MSU did not until this year which makes it extra cool that we got the late game in round 2 - 1st playoff game under the lights. I know ESPN brings in lights sometimes, but I thought it might be the later rounds that make actual TV not internet broadcasts.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I believe game times are chosen by the host institution unless ESPN is televising them (elsewhere other than ESPN3 or ESPN Gameplan).

Twentysix
November 19th, 2012, 05:05 PM
NDSU vs EIU/SDSU is at 3pm central.

ccd494
November 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Tough to justify starting any game in the northeast later than 3:00 in late November. I don't know BCC's story.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Tough to justify starting any game in the northeast later than 3:00 in late November. I don't know BCC's story.

I for one am loving the 5 pm MT start for the Bobcats. Provided they win, I hope the gametime is the same for the quarterfinals. Gets mighty chilly in the mountains in early December when the sun goes down and we would be hosting either a CA or TX school. First things first though, we have to take down the SBU/Nova winner and weather won't be quite as big a factor.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I for one am loving the 5 pm MT start for the Bobcats. Provided they win, I hope the gametime is the same for the quarterfinals. Gets mighty chilly in the mountains in early December when the sun goes down and we would be hosting either a CA or TX school. First things first though, we have to take down the SBU/Nova winner and weather won't be quite as big a factor.

You guys aren't the problem. Why the heck is ODU playing a game at 2PM?

Wofford at noon, Georgia Southern at 3:30, and ODU at 7PM, and suddenly it's a beautiful schedule.

MSUBobcat
November 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
You guys aren't the problem. Why the heck is ODU playing a game at 2PM?

Wofford at noon, Georgia Southern at 3:30, and ODU at 7PM, and suddenly it's a beautiful schedule.

I know you weren't referring to MSU, but I honestly don't know if all the teams have lighting or not, and I'm too lazy to google it so was hoping ppl who know those venues would inform me.

UAalum72
November 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Wagner does not have lights - but they're fundraising for them (you may donate here (http://www.wagner.edu/institutional_advancement/athletics)).