PDA

View Full Version : Avatars to the Champ/Glutton for punishment thread

Fordham
November 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Congrats to those teams who earned their spot in the dance. Every year (alright, maybe the past 3 or so) I post this idea but this is the first time I've started a thread to do so.

I would love to see the board members change their avatar to reflect the team that knocked their squad out of contention or at least who represents their conference in the playoffs. In our case it's obviously Colgate. If they get knocked off by Wagner, my avatar changes to Wagner and will stay that way until it changes to the team that knocks them out or else they win the championship. For those that don't know how to change it, click the link "Forum Actions" under the AGS banner, then "General Settings", then "Change Avatar" on the left hand side of the screen.

It may be a little goofy but could result in a nice little AGS homage to whomever becomes this year's FCS champ ... the board will be littered with avatars in their honor by the time the crown is held (depending on how many participate).

Regardless of who joins in, I'll be changing my avatar as needed throughout the playoffs to both honor the victors ... and in the hopes that some day this board might be littered with the right kind of "FU" avatars come one future championship weekend.

Good luck and congrats to all who made it, fellas. Can't beat the FCS playoffs!

(Go 'Gate!).

LehighU11
November 18th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I'm more than willing to cheer for Colgate for league pride, but nobody beyond that. I like the idea, though.

Fordham
November 18th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yep, I can see it being a problem for some, particularly if a hated rival wins the conference