PDA

View Full Version : Keep Doubting SHSU!!

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I love reading all of it. Keep picking against us. This team had 8 road games and played two dang good games against strong fbs team. We should have beat baylor and had the lead the whole game until half way through the 4th and put 28 on an A&M team who beat Alabama! Yes we laid an absolute egg and still almost beat a top ten UCA team. We dominated every other game and i will promise you we will be a tough matchup for ANYBODY!! I may not post alot but as a fmr player and two time playoff participant myself don't let my lack of posts fool you. I hope your teams doubt us like some of you idiots!!

citdog
November 18th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I love reading all of it. Keep picking against us. This team had 8 road games and played two dang good games against strong fbs team. We should have beat baylor and had the lead the whole game until half way through the 4th and put 28 on an A&M team who beat Alabama! Yes we laid an absolute egg and still almost beat a top ten UCA team. We dominated every other game and i will promise you we will be a tough matchup for ANYBODY!! I may not post alot but as a fmr player and two time playoff participant myself don't let my lack of posts fool you. I hope your teams doubt us like some of you idiots!!

listen to the replay of the FCS Wedge Selection Sunday Show and you'll hear a couple of people not doubting you.

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Why are some of you so incessantly annoying. Its a good thing you can prove yourselves in the playoffs.

swaghook
One word comes to mind from last year going into the championship game: Undefeated A cocky team and fan base are ripe for the fall I hope your team is more grounded this year then the fans. The road to the natty is not going to be easy for SHSU this year. It's not going to be easy for NDSU either but I like our chances a little better.

Horseshoe App
I believe the score was 40-0 when A&M called the dogs off. You have a very good team. I believe quite a few people on here are saying you have a very good team. You really do not need to toot your own horn.

Bisonwinagn
November 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I think SAM is clearly the favorite in that half of the bracket so not everyone is overlooking you.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM
A Cal Poly guy already started a "nobody believes in us" thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?124229-Just-a-bit-of-disrespect) so you're too late. Go rant on that thread and you guys can have a pity party together. With all the disrespect being hurled at both teams everyone must be predicting sports history and both teams to lose to each other...

bobcathpdevil56
November 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I think SAM is clearly the favorite in that half of the bracket so not everyone is overlooking you.

I don't know about clearly a favorite. They may have to travel to Bozeman in some temps that a lot of those Texas fellas have not ever seen before. If they get thru Bozeman they would then maybe have to travel to Cheney which can be just as cold and snowy. Clearly is a little bit of an exaggeration

Bronco
November 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM
-
You guys did a better job against Baylor than K State.

I watched that game and I was impressed with everything except the SHSU pants

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
One word comes to mind from last year going into the championship game: Undefeated A cocky team and fan base are ripe for the fall I hope your team is more grounded this year then the fans. The road to the natty is not going to be easy for SHSU this year. It's not going to be easy for NDSU either but I like our chances a little better.

Actually i thought we would have to play a perfect game to beat yall last year and didn't believe we were ready for that. This year i think yall will have to play a perfect game to beat us with yall's injury's and strikingly close games to weak competition. I respect most bison fans very much as i met many last year but yall are not playing your best ball right now. I hope we both make it back there truthfully. I feel we have the easiest road on this side of the bracket for not being a top 2 seed. And of course even with yalls injury's playing in the fargo dome is a tough deal and i would expect yall and hope yall will be in Frisco. I believe there is a reason we are on opposite sides of the bracket after last years game!

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM
-
You guys did a better job against Baylor than K State.

I watched that game and I was impressed with everything except the SHSU pants

Your damn sure right about that....somebody in NIKE **** the bed with that design and i cant believe we took them even if they were free!

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I don't know about clearly a favorite. They may have to travel to Bozeman in some temps that a lot of those Texas fellas have not ever seen before. If they get thru Bozeman they would then maybe have to travel to Cheney which can be just as cold and snowy. Clearly is a little bit of an exaggeration

The only thing i can say to that is when i played and we went to WA-Grizz 3 times we were a passing team and we could not play in that frozen tundra!!! This is a run based team with a great run defense so the cold shouldn't hurt us AS bad. Still is gonna suck!

bojeta
November 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM
A Cal Poly guy already started a "nobody believes in us" thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?124229-Just-a-bit-of-disrespect) so you're too late. Go rant on that thread and you guys can have a pity party together. With all the disrespect being hurled at both teams everyone must be predicting sports history and both teams to lose to each other...

Don't post a link to my thread and mis-quote me. I never suggested anyone didn't believe in us. Frankly I dont care. I was talking about the poor journalism. My parties are a blast! :D

SportsLover
Actually i thought we would have to play a perfect game to beat yall last year and didn't believe we were ready for that. This year i think yall will have to play a perfect game to beat us with yall's injury's and strikingly close games to weak competition. I respect most bison fans very much as i met many last year but yall are not playing your best ball right now. I hope we both make it back there truthfully. I feel we have the easiest road on this side of the bracket for not being a top 2 seed. And of course even with yalls injury's playing in the fargo dome is a tough deal and i would expect yall and hope yall will be in Frisco. I believe there is a reason we are on opposite sides of the bracket after last years game!

Actually I was impressed with our second half yesterday.We took a step in a positive direction with the offense. The passing game still needs improvement but we now have 2 weeks to get as healthy as we can and to tweak some things.

CorrosionDoc

WTF are you talking about? That fat moron on the ESPN bracket announcement show said it would be SHSU against EWU in the semifinals. There. Happy now?

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Bisonwinagn clearly forgot the sarcastic emoticon...But I agree that SHSU will have a tough time in Bozeman weather. I doubt they'll have to worry about Cheney's forecast.

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
WTF are you talking about? That fat moron on the ESPN bracket announcement show said it would be SHSU against EWU in the semifinals. There. Happy now?

Didn't watch but the first 10 min...im just reffering to some of the posts on the prediction thread!

bojeta
November 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Ya, I really haven't heard a lot of negatives regarding SHU. Any fool can see they're a very good team.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I doubt SHSU

bobcathpdevil56
November 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Ya, I really haven't heard a lot of negatives regarding SHU. Any fool can see they're a very good team.

We know for a fact they are a very good team. No doubting from Bobcat fans.

Vitojr130
November 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I doubt SHSU

I 2nd this motion.

bobcathpdevil56
November 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I doubt SHSU

Your teams on field performance against SHSU allows you this luxury.xthumbsupx

DJnva
November 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Good Lord, you guys have a hell of an inferiority complex. Why do you care about posts? Just go win. If you don't though, threads like this will be fuel for fire.

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Actually I was impressed with our second half yesterday.We took a step in a positive direction with the offense. The passing game still needs improvement but we now have 2 weeks to get as healthy as we can and to tweak some things.

I personally would not want to see a healthy NDSU team with a passing attack. I'll hope for healthy with your two recievers underperforming like the rest of the year. Our run defense is something i have never seen before anywhere. We will still give up the big play pass like usual because we put our corners on an island nearly every play!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Your teams on field performance against SHSU allows you this luxury.xthumbsupx

Meh, any time I can stick a thumb in the eye of a Sam Houston fan is payback for all the yippy people around me at the NC game. Holy crap they were annoying. The only good thing was they weren't there for the whole game. xthumbsupx

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Meh, any time I can stick a thumb in the eye of a Sam Houston fan is payback for all the yippy people around me at the NC game. Holy crap they were annoying. The only good thing was they weren't there for the whole game. xthumbsupx

Well if history does repeat this year there will be even less of them at the game then last year. ;)

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I doubt SHSU

I share the doubts about SHSU. The playoffs will surely clear them up.

mgbison
November 18th, 2012, 06:28 PM
As long as bell is shsu qb, I like our chances. Bell is terrible, hit him once and he goes into the fetal position.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
As long as bell is shsu qb, I like our chances. Bell is terrible, hit him once and he goes into the fetal position.

You mean this guy?

http://mattweintritt.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/sports-matthewweintritt.jpg?w=914

Gotta give him one thing.... he sure has guns....

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM

Does he have a concealed carry permit for those guns? xlolx

Vitojr130
November 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
You mean this guy?

http://mattweintritt.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/sports-matthewweintritt.jpg?w=914

I lol every time I see this. Whoever took this picture deserves 100 internetz.

grayghost06
November 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM

While I do think Sammy will be a tough out in the FCS playoffs, I hardly think the A&M game is one I'd use to prove your mettle. 47-0 and 90 yds total offense before the Aggies called off the dogs in a contest that would be categorized as a classic let down game for Texas A&M. Take away the 2 BCS and a good UCA team and the combined record of their opponents is 28-49. For me, it's hard to gauge their FCS strength. They've destroyed a lot of crappy teams, played tough against Baylor and UCA and got whipped by A&M. Not a lot of material on them against good FCS competition.

Having said that, there are a lot of other teams I'd rather face in the playoffs than them.( if my team actually had made the playoffs)

kingkat99
November 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM

You are correct sir. We will NEVER win a NC with Bell and especially with Ruse as OC. Hit him once and then just breathe on him and he falls over from fear, and he can't hit the broadside of a barn passing once you're in his head.

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
You do realize A&M put in 3 walk ons in the second half

Rumor from a source with Sam is that there was a gentlemens agreement between sumlin and fritz. Not sure of the truth behind that but interesting to say the least

kingkat99
November 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Rev, he's an NDSU fan. easy killer.

TheRevSFA
November 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Rev, he's an NDSU fan. easy killer.

Good catch quoted the wrong thing. Sorry bison fan

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Sam Houston is so bad that even with the beating A&M gave them, they dropped in the BCS standings!

KATS_21
November 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM
You mean this guy?

Well done, sir.......

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Bisonwinagn clearly forgot the sarcastic emoticon...But I agree that SHSU will have a tough time in Bozeman weather. I doubt they'll have to worry about Cheney's forecast.

While Bozeman most definitely has insane weather, Cheney gets that thick and heavy snow/slush **** that'd be next to impossible to run on.

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
While Bozeman most definitely has insane weather, Cheney gets that thick and heavy snow/slush **** that'd be next to impossible to run on.

I don't think they would've made the NC game last year if SHSU had traveled north last season. Below freezing temps and some snow/slush on the field and SHSU will look as bad as Charlotte, NC car drivers when the first snowflake hits the ground.

Sam_Kats
November 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Ha ha. Makes me laugh. Bell isn't our savior, for sure. If anything, we'd rather ride our running game/option attack.

However, Jensen was 35% for 50 yds in the game yesterday then fell in the endzone from a yard out (sound familiar??) and is now the hero again. Too good.

And before all the NDSU people pile on - I have you guys as the #1 seed and the favorite to repeat....I just wish our AD wasn't such an idiot to schedule us out of the seed our talent level deserves. Wasn't an FCS school in the country who could have survived the room for error our AD left us....ZERO. The games will play out - fun stuff. A lot better than FBS computer ratings will do.

Good luck to all.

Vitojr130
November 18th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Ha ha. Makes me laugh. Bell isn't our savior, for sure. If anything, we'd rather ride our running game/option attack.

However, Jensen was 35% for 50 yds in the game yesterday then fell in the endzone from a yard out (sound familiar??) and is now the hero again. Too good.

And before all the NDSU people pile on - I have you guys as the #1 seed and the favorite to repeat....I just wish our AD wasn't such an idiot to schedule us out of the seed our talent level deserves. Wasn't an FCS school in the country who could have survived the room for error our AD left us....ZERO. The games will play out - fun stuff. A lot better than FBS computer ratings will do.

Good luck to all.

Well yeah... we won.

Southern Bison
November 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM

Good luck to all.

So you sorta got "Lehighed"?

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 09:59 PM
So you sorta got "Lehighed"?

Their AD is constant Lehigh.

BisonBohl
November 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Threads like these make me chuckle...

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I don't think they would've made the NC game last year if SHSU had traveled north last season. Below freezing temps and some snow/slush on the field and SHSU will look as bad as Charlotte, NC car drivers when the first snowflake hits the ground.

Yean not sure they're going to be able to bear this weather two times this year, but like you said Cheney could have beautiful weather in December, beautiful being in the 50s. I think if we both make it to that round, it'll be a tough game for them. We weren't ready for it last week right away and we practiced in it for a couple days.

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Yean not sure they're going to be able to bear this weather two times this year, but like you said Cheney could have beautiful weather in December, beautiful being in the 50s. I think if we both make it to that round, it'll be a tough game for them. We weren't ready for it last week right away and we practiced in it for a couple days.

I think SB wins 1st round then takes out Montana st. They are a scary team!

Texas
November 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Aren't all your decent players from Texas, or is it NDSU.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Aren't all your decent players from Texas, or is it NDSU.

To whom and about what are you talking?

fmrbearkat
November 18th, 2012, 11:27 PM
To whom and about what are you talking?

He would be talking about Montana St. The recruit texas heavy!!

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 18th, 2012, 11:39 PM
He would be talking about Montana St. The recruit texas heavy!!

We have a couple of players from Texas, probably the second most players from any state besides Montana. We have Denarius and Tray Robinson who played together in High school I believe. 15 if I counted correctly. We tend to hound Euless, Texas. Have four or five from there, we must have some great ties with their schools. While a good number of our good offensive players are from Texas, only a few of our defensive players are from Texas. But overall I guess we do recruit heavily out of Texas.

slostang
November 18th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Cal Poly recruits Texas heavily. In basketball that is. Our starting point guard is from San Antonio and our starting power forward transferred from Rice. We also just signed two more guards from Texas.

polsongrizz
November 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Quit yer GD whining, I have you picked to win it all bitch.

Thundering_Herd
November 19th, 2012, 12:23 AM
have too! last winter a bunch came up to Williston, ND to visit their fathers who are up there drillin'. Unfortunately, they got to witness their dads getting kicked out of the Walmart parking lot and spent the next few hours driving around. For a couple of them the propane ran out, thermostat went to **** in the astrovan, and they spent the rest of the night spooning with some skinhead tweakers from Idaho to stay warm.

ztc001
November 19th, 2012, 12:25 AM
SHSU has the experience this year along with the depth of talent across all fields. Our conference may of not been the strongest and schedule sure was not the best with two teams that upset Kansas and Alabama this past week. Regardless of what people think we are gonna be just fine and its gonna be a great playoff this year with the field being a hell of lot more competitive then it was last year. Cal Poly is going to be a good opening game for us but a team that likes to run the ball as much as they do are going to have a difficult time especially at our home field advantage. Good luck to all but i feel like we will overcome adversity and take the trophy this time...

Bison56
November 19th, 2012, 08:01 AM

Thats just wonderful. It doesnt matter how or who you played in the regular season. Everyone is 0-0 now.

App1928
November 19th, 2012, 08:20 AM

yeah I mean Sam Houston is good I guess but I doubt anyone who is not a Sam Houston fan thinks they are the favorite...I believe it should be consensus that Eastern Washington & Montana State are the favorites in that side of the bracket with Appalachian State and Sam Houston as dark horses and Villanova and Cal Poly looking to make some noise as well....but yeah Sam Houston fans will learn like everyone else...they had their first good year last year and now they think they are world beaters and everyone is out the get them....as a supporter of a major FCS program...i hate to burst your bubble, but Montana, Georgia Southern, EWU, and the SoCon, Big Sky, and CAA in general are the big boys....NDSU and Sam Houston are for sure up and coming teams (especially NDSU)....but i dont think the country is hating on SAM as much as we are trying to figure out about you guys....same as NDSU....when App fans look at your schedule we try to figure out how good you are, but theres not alot of precedent there where as in the CAA, Big Sky, and Socon you have a strong base of traditional powers so you know who is dangerous based on the simple fact they survived those schedules....

Vitojr130
November 19th, 2012, 09:04 AM
yeah I mean Sam Houston is good I guess but I doubt anyone who is not a Sam Houston fan thinks they are the favorite...I believe it should be consensus that Eastern Washington & Montana State are the favorites in that side of the bracket with Appalachian State and Sam Houston as dark horses and Villanova and Cal Poly looking to make some noise as well....but yeah Sam Houston fans will learn like everyone else...they had their first good year last year and now they think they are world beaters and everyone is out the get them....as a supporter of a major FCS program...i hate to burst your bubble, but Montana, Georgia Southern, EWU, and the SoCon, Big Sky, and CAA in general are the big boys....NDSU and Sam Houston are for sure up and coming teams (especially NDSU)....but i dont think the country is hating on SAM as much as we are trying to figure out about you guys....same as NDSU....when App fans look at your schedule we try to figure out how good you are, but theres not alot of precedent there where as in the CAA, Big Sky, and Socon you have a strong base of traditional powers so you know who is dangerous based on the simple fact they survived those schedules....

Notwithstanding the fact that NDSU has never lost to your biggest rival xlolx.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to these playoffs! I think Cal Poly will make more noise than most other people are thinking.

App1928
November 19th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Notwithstanding the fact that NDSU has never lost to your biggest rival xlolx.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to these playoffs! I think Cal Poly will make more noise than most other people are thinking.

I'm not sure what you mean...like NDSU has never lost to GA Southern? I mean thats good, but I think NDSU has only been in FCS for like 8 years maybe....could be wrong im not sure...last year was the first time I really heard about them....my point is I'm not knocking either team...they are doing great especially NDSU because they were DII (and anything you do on the DII is not directly corelated to FCS success as DII is extremely weak) and only have like 2 or 3 playoff appearences....but i was getting at people arnt out to get SHSU...if they are they are nowhere near me because it takes a long time to be an App, Montana, GSU, ect...

and P.S. I hate GSU so complementing them irks me...but my guess is you havnt played them to many times...because if so NDSU would have a hell of a losing record, especially considering NDSU has spent most of its history in DII i think....anyways do us a favor and beat em again this year....hope to see you in frisco

fmrbearkat
November 19th, 2012, 10:15 AM

Not the first time we've been good.... We finished 3rd and 4th in the nation in 2001 and 2004 but like I said we were a passing team back then and it did hurt us bad when we had to travel to WaGrizz and the brutal cold. We were more competitive in 2004. We tore Montana up at home earlier in the year then beat eastern Washington In a thriller in Cheney in 3rd round. Then met the grizz again up in the cold and got they got redemption. That puts us in the playoffs 4 out of 11 years with the first 3 going to the third round in 2001, 4th round in 2004 and finals last year. It's just been every other year besides those have been very subpar!!

Tubakat2014
November 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM

I'm a new poster here, but I've been lurking for a while now. I've been here long enough to understand exactly what you're saying- SHSU is good, but we're not proven as a year-in, year-out contender. We don't yet know if last year was a fluke, or if it's a sign of good things to come. I think the reason why many of my fellow Bearkats are so high on this year's team is because the team underwent a huge transformation during the weeks after the loss to UCA. Watching the team before that loss and watching the team after our win against SFA was astounding. Maybe it was a lack of confidence at the beginning, jitters regarding the new offensive scheme, or something else, but I guarantee you that the pre-UCA team would not have shut out SELA or blown out McNeese.

However, talk is cheap- playoffs are priceless. I look forward to an awesome run in the playoffs!

Walkon79
November 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Can't wait for 10 degrees and blowing in Bozeman on December 8th!! I know, first things first :)

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Can't wait for 10 degrees and blowing in Bozeman on December 8th!! I know, first things first :)

This.

Sam got it pretty easy last year, same with NDSU never having to travel and never having to play in inclement weather.

There are doubters because this year Sam will likely have to play at least 1 game on the road, maybe more.

Vitojr130
November 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
This.

Sam got it pretty easy last year, same with NDSU never having to travel and never having to play in inclement weather.

There are doubters because this year Sam will likely have to play at least 1 game on the road, maybe more.

I think Sam chokes if it's 10 degrees outside. Unless they practice in a giant freezer, I doubt they will succeed at MSU or EWU.

Of course this is all moot if both MSU and SHSU manage to lose in the 2nd round...

fmrbearkat
November 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I do think one thing that will help cal-poly will be having 2 weeks to prep for our offense. One thing that hurt teams last year was only getting one week to prep until NDSU. SAm runs an option type attack out of a spread with a lot of motions and misdirection. We have the top scoring offense in the fcs and a D that is only giving up 2.3 yrds per rush. Sumlin said that's why his 2's looked so bad against us is because they didn't have as many reps against it. I think our offense might look stale against cal-poly but our D will shut them down. Then the following opponent we should be back to high scoring. We will also have to keep getting turnovers. we started very slow this year in that area. Ruse will HAVE to have a versatile game plan against teams this year.

kingkat99
November 19th, 2012, 12:35 PM
I do think one thing that will help cal-poly will be having 2 weeks to prep for our offense. One thing that hurt teams last year was only getting one week to prep until NDSU. SAm runs an option type attack out of a spread with a lot of motions and misdirection. We have the top scoring offense in the fcs and a D that is only giving up 2.3 yrds per rush. Sumlin said that's why his 2's looked so bad against us is because they didn't have as many reps against it. I think our offense might look stale against cal-poly but our D will shut them down. Then the following opponent we should be back to high scoring. We will also have to keep getting turnovers. we started very slow this year in that area. Ruse will HAVE to have a versatile game plan against teams this year.

This is key. He has wasted more series with bland play not to lose play calling than I care to see.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I doubt Ruse

Nickels
November 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
I doubt Ruse
So do I!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I doubt the color Orange. I mean what kind of word doesn't rhyme with anything?

McNeese75
November 19th, 2012, 09:11 PM
I think Sam chokes if it's 10 degrees outside. Unless they practice in a giant freezer, I doubt they will succeed at MSU or EWU.

Of course this is all moot if both MSU and SHSU manage to lose in the 2nd round...

MSU maybe, EWU? They have been there and done that before (well that was before the bloody rag field)

Nickels
November 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I doubt the color Orange. I mean what kind of word doesn't rhyme with anything?
NEVER doubt Orange!

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2016, 08:12 PM
I figured this would be an appropriate time to bump this thread...

Take a stroll down memory lane AGS.

Twentysix
November 1st, 2016, 08:13 PM
hahahahahaha

Classic SHSU

sgt smash
November 1st, 2016, 08:15 PM
I was just about to ask if we can start a new one.

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2016, 08:20 PM
I just wish our AD wasn't such an idiot to schedule us out of the seed our talent level deserves. Wasn't an FCS school in the country who could have survived the room for error our AD left us....ZERO.
My oh my how times have changed...

SHSU has the experience this year along with the depth of talent across all fields.
Or maybe not...

Schism55
November 1st, 2016, 08:25 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23794&stc=1

TheEagleSHSU
November 1st, 2016, 08:36 PM
That was classic. You don't hear any of the Shsu can't play in cold weather talk anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fmrbearkat
November 1st, 2016, 09:32 PM
hahahahahaha

Classic SHSU

You think you dumb ****s would realize all we do is win baby!!! I'm good with an NDSU fan bringing this up...but you other wantabe's can't touch the Kats resume since tis post originated.

Alabama is full of a bunch of in-bred moron's so I understand the idiocracy...but you'd think some of you hardworking cornbelt fools would know a little more about football than what you guys do. Growing season's over. Time for gravy eating, firewood chopping, ice fishing, running your trap lines, and snuggling up to your 300lb wives and watch the 2014 all valley title game and orgasm simultaneously as the buzzer sounds for the buffalo's 4th straight win!!

Get ready boys....winters coming. And with it the night walkers of the north. They are bringing hell with em'....and about 10 extra cases of beer per car, and all the fat chicks south Canada  has to offer!!! It's gonna be a long winter boys!!!
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23796&stc=1

sgt smash
November 1st, 2016, 09:39 PM
CSU-Pueblo

centennial
November 1st, 2016, 09:42 PM
CSU-Pueblo

Is that a real school? Did they beat SHSU?

sgt smash
November 1st, 2016, 09:44 PM
Nah, it was more of a boat race.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2016, 09:47 PM
Is that a real school? Did they beat SHSU?

But they did come all the way back that season to get curb stomped 35-3 by the Bison.

They will not make it to far in the playoffs with that defense.

centennial
November 1st, 2016, 10:19 PM
But they did come all the way back that season to get curb stomped 35-3 by the Bison.

They will not make it to far in the playoffs with that defense.

I found something-

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-09-12/dii-football-roundup-csu-pueblo-topples-fcs-sam-houston-state-road

Serpentor
November 2nd, 2016, 12:40 AM
Well, as long as we're bringing up old ***** for **** and giggles...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/8452749/ten-north-dakota-state-bison-players-plead-guilty-petition-fraud

milleniumkat
November 2nd, 2016, 01:15 AM
You think you dumb ****s would realize all we do is win baby!!! I'm good with an NDSU fan bringing this up...but you other wantabe's can't touch the Kats resume since tis post originated.

Alabama is full of a bunch of in-bred moron's so I understand the idiocracy...but you'd think some of you hardworking cornbelt fools would know a little more about football than what you guys do. Growing season's over. Time for gravy eating, firewood chopping, ice fishing, running your trap lines, and snuggling up to your 300lb wives and watch the 2014 all valley title game and orgasm simultaneously as the buzzer sounds for the buffalo's 4th straight win!!

Get ready boys....winters coming. And with it the night walkers of the north. They are bringing hell with em'....and about 10 extra cases of beer per car, and all the fat chicks south Canada  has to offer!!! It's gonna be a long winter boys!!!
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23796&stc=1

Ask JSU fans about their win/loss record in the SLC before getting ran out of town. My guess is they blocked that out of memory. In the late 90's the SLC had Jacksonville State, now we have HBU! muuuahahhahahahahaha

milleniumkat
November 2nd, 2016, 01:17 AM
JSU handled the Southland Conference when they were here about as well as their dads handled pulling out of their cousins.

"I'll not be pawed at. I have not yet begun to defile myself"

The Pud
November 2nd, 2016, 01:18 AM
Ask JSU fans about their win/loss record in the SLC before getting ran out of town. My guess is they blocked that out of memory. In the late 90's the SLC had Jacksonville State, now we have HBU! muuuahahhahahahahaha

#JSUiscompetitiveinaweakOVC.

PantherRob82
November 2nd, 2016, 07:29 AM
"Don't start beleeeeeevan. Hold on to that feeeeeelaannnggg."

Big_Fan
November 2nd, 2016, 08:35 AM
62-10

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2016, 08:38 AM
62-10

Biggest playoff game you ever won, I would be proud a year later also.
I still talk about our Montana win in the semi's in 2011.

mamberso
November 2nd, 2016, 08:38 AM

I was in school back then. Those were dark days.

Hey, did you know the only teams JSU didn't have a losing record to during the SLC years (97-02) were Samford, Nicholls State, SW Texas State, and Sam Houston State?

Big_Fan
November 2nd, 2016, 08:43 AM
I was in school back then. Those were dark days.

Hey, did you know the only teams JSU didn't have a losing record to during the SLC years (97-02) were Samford, Nicholls State, SW Texas State, and Sam Houston State?

Crazy numbers... we are 5-5 against SHSU, with 271 points for, and 271 points against! What are the chances of that!

sgt smash
November 2nd, 2016, 09:38 AM
Anyone notice the personal attacks on our way of life Sammy fans throw? It kind of hurts my feelings.

Rjones61
November 2nd, 2016, 09:45 AM
These are the kind of threads that get bumped during playoffs.

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2016, 09:49 AM
These are the kind of threads that get bumped during playoffs.

Must be a sign of respect that we are still weeks away from playoffs time?

Rjones61
November 2nd, 2016, 09:57 AM
Must be a sign of respect that we are still weeks away from playoffs time?

Maybe?

I'm just saying that either someone will bump it saying "I thought we weren't supposed to doubt Sammy!" or "I told you not to doubt Sammy!"

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
Maybe?

I'm just saying that either someone will bump it saying "I thought we weren't supposed to doubt Sammy!" or "I told you not to doubt Sammy!"

Could be after another semi's loss, could be another finals loss, only way its proven right is if we win it all. So let all the Sammy talk start because yet another playoff run will happen for a 6th year straight.

Rjones61
November 2nd, 2016, 10:10 AM
Absolutely hilarious! Just realized this thread was made in 2012. I get the joke now. Everything I read on the first page sounded just like this season.

xlolx

BamKat
November 2nd, 2016, 10:13 AM
It was a very good read! Lol funny to see all those retired kat posters...

Serpentor
November 2nd, 2016, 10:13 AM
Anyone notice the personal attacks on our way of life Sammy fans throw? It kind of hurts my feelings.

I didn't realize voter fraud was a way of life in North Dakota.

Don't bump 4-year-old threads just to talk **** about us, and we'll lay off the personal attacks.

bobcathpdevil56
November 2nd, 2016, 10:22 AM

Wrong!!!

LuckyKat
November 2nd, 2016, 10:23 AM
It was a very good read! Lol funny to see all those retired kat posters...

lol

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
Absolutely hilarious! Just realized this thread was made in 2012. I get the joke now. Everything I read on the first page sounded just like this season.

xlolx
Weird how that works huh? ;)

Don't bump 4-year-old threads just to talk **** about us, and we'll lay off the personal attacks.
Who's talking ****??? I bumped it merely to show the parallels between this year and 2012. Your orange guys did pretty well that year if you'll recall. Many fans of many teams on this site could have a lot less insecurity about their team... Sam fans are definitely included in that list now as they were in 2012.

Matt
November 2nd, 2016, 10:48 AM
Weird how that works huh? ;)

Who's talking ****??? I bumped it merely to show the parallels between this year and 2012. You guys did pretty well that year if you'll recall. Many fans of many teams on this site could have a lot less insecurity about their team... Sam fans are definitely included in that list now as they were in 2012.

Wait, are you guys talking about me? Youre not, right? Seriously are you?

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2016, 10:49 AM
Wait, are you guys talking about me? Youre not, right? Seriously are you?
You know who you are. ;)

I certainly know I'm one of them. xlolx

centennial
November 2nd, 2016, 11:00 AM
Sam has probably 5 Lakes, and Chatt level posters. Come bull**** in November, disappear when their team gets punched in the nuts.
As a group of fans they seem delusional.

We all know y'all have a good team. The reason people are trolling you is because we don't have 1 good team to compare you to. We don't know how SHSU reacts to adversity. We don't care if you were good in 2011, or Pueblo beat you in 2014. What has the team done this year? Outside of being a top 10 team I really have no real thoughts about SHSU. What really grinds my gears is that every team in the MVFC, most teams in the CAA, Big Sky, or the top 25 would be undefeated with the SHSU schedule.

Instead of agreeing that your AD isn't doing his job, we are talking about NDSU having 4 close games, or UNI having a losing record. It's just not relevant to the discussion. Please use all the time you are using to "troll" AGS to learn how to form valid, logical arguments.

UNIFanSince1983
November 2nd, 2016, 11:18 AM
Keep Doubting SHSU!!

Okay. No problem. Will do.

Serpentor
November 2nd, 2016, 11:55 AM
Sam has probably 5 Lakes, and Chatt level posters. Come bull**** in November, disappear when their team gets punched in the nuts.

We all know y'all have a good team. The reason people are trolling you is because we don't have 1 good team to compare you to. We don't know how SHSU reacts to adversity. We don't care if you were good in 2011, or Pueblo beat you in 2014. What has the team done this year? Outside of being a top 10 team I really have no real thoughts about SHSU. What really grinds my gears is that every team in the MVFC, most teams in the CAA, Big Sky, or the top 25 would be undefeated with the SHSU schedule.

Instead of agreeing that your AD isn't doing his job, we are talking about NDSU having 4 close games, or UNI having a losing record. It's just not relevant to the discussion. Please use all the time you are using to "troll" AGS to learn how to form valid, logical arguments.

Serpentor has already admitted his team is not perfect and has benefited from a soft schedule. He admits the Bearkats haven't faced a true challenge yet (not their fault, but a fact nonetheless) and as such hasn't truly earned the #1 ranking. What Serpentor will not do is accept this "if you would only admit..." narrative because it's crap. People always move the goalposts in these types of arguments because they're never satisfied with just one admission, once you admit one thing, they want more, more and more. You're never humble enough for them, they always want to knock you down another peg.

Also, Serpentor knows he's a recent joiner to the AGS and because of that long-term members get to take the "Novemberist" freeshot at me whenever they want. If the playoffs end and I'm gone, you're fully justified in dismissing me as just a trolling piece of crap. If I'm still here come January, you will shut your mouth about it and never bring it up again.

Finally, SHSU is being singled out solely because of it's ranking, something it has no control over. We didn't bribe any officials to be ranked #1, so if you have a problem with that, why don't you send some angry letters to the folks who run the FCS Stats and Coach's Poll?

There, is that logical enough? Sorry if Serpentor came on strong, he had his Wheaties this morning and was driven to WIN!

PantherRob82
November 2nd, 2016, 12:01 PM

Aren't you forgetting something?

Serpentor
November 2nd, 2016, 12:02 PM
Aren't you forgetting something?

It's a verbal tick, not a tagline. If Serpentor did it all the time, it would get old fast.

Thumper 76
November 2nd, 2016, 12:57 PM

xlolx Come on now Chattown and Lakes are much more committed than the Novemberists. They go all season sporadically xlolx

Sammy94
November 2nd, 2016, 01:01 PM
It's a verbal tick, not a tagline. If Serpentor did it all the time, it would get old fast.

Kind of like the speaking in the 3rd person thing?

The Pud
November 3rd, 2016, 01:23 AM
I think Sammy is the team to beat in the playoffs this year. I am not impressed with any of the other Top 10 ranked teams, most all look very slow.

Thumper 76
November 3rd, 2016, 01:29 AM
I think Sammy is the team to beat in the playoffs this year. I am not impressed with any of the other Top 10 ranked teams, most all look very slow.
YES! Southern Speed FTW!!! That took longer than I thought xlolx

Bison56
November 3rd, 2016, 11:09 AM

Never heard that observation before.xboringx

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2021, 10:15 PM
I, for one, will miss being able to doubt Sam Houston come playoff time. *tear*

dewey
November 3rd, 2021, 10:20 PM
I, for one, will miss being able to doubt Sam Houston. *tear*

Jesus PC! Talk about bringing back a thread from the dead.

A few posts above is the infamous "Southern Speed". I miss that too. Plus Thumper. Where the hell is that guy?

Dewey

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2021, 10:22 PM
I, for one, will miss being able to doubt Sam Houston come playoff time. *tear*
They are dead to me unless we end up in the same conference