PDA

View Full Version : FIRST AND 2ND ROUND PREDICTIONS

theasushow
November 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Now that the bracket is FINALLY HERE...what are your projections for the opening round and 2nd round games?
Ill go with

SDSU over Eastern Illinois
Coastal over Bethune-Cookman
Stony Brook over NOVA
Colgate over Wagner

UNH over Wofford
GSU over UCA
SHSU over Cal Poly
ASU over Illinois State

ncguitarplyr
November 18th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Feel free to enter in your predictions on my bracket challenge contest:

http://www.appstatenation.com/2012/1...ket-challenge/

theasushow
November 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
COOL.

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Bethune-Cookman over Coastal
Stony Brook over NOVA
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH
GSU over UCA
Cal Poly over SHSU
Illinois State over ASU

theasushow
November 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Stony Brook over NOVA
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH
GSU over UCA
Cal Poly over SHSU
Illinois State over ASU

the Wofford and SHSU games are the tough ones IMO

Grabholdofyosef
November 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
NOVA over Stony Brook
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH
GSU over UCA
Cal Poly over SHSU
ASU over Illinois State

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
the Wofford and SHSU games are the tough ones IMO

I would be stunned if UNH's defense can find anyway to contain the triple option .. and Wofford will be on the field for 40+ minutes, killing the UNH D.

walliver
November 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Now that the bracket is FINALLY HERE...what are your projections for the opening round and 2nd round games?
Ill go with

Stony Brook over NOVA
Colgate over Wagner

UNH over Wofford
GSU over UCA
SHSU over Cal Poly
ASU over Illinois State

I can't go with 2 Big South wins :(
SDSu over EIU
BCC over CCU
Stony and Nova are a toss up, but I'll pick Nova
Toothpaste vs Wagner - either the NEC or PL gets a win. I'll pick Colgate.

I'll wait a week before picking the. 2d round.

da_Bison
November 18th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Stony Brook over Nova
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH
GSU over UCA
SHSU over Cal Poly
ASU over Illinois State

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 18th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Can anyone tell me about Ill State. The few high lights I've seen shows they have a pretty big QB who looks like he can really throw the ball.

drpnut
November 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hey WrenFGun, are you sandbagging or are you really that concerned about the Triple Option?

da_Bison
November 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Can anyone tell me about Ill State. The few high lights I've seen shows they have a pretty big QB who looks like he can really throw the ball.

go to ESPN3 and watch yesterdays game we had with them

asumike83
November 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM
go to ESPN3 and watch yesterdays game we had with them

I plan to do that very soon. I expect a fight, should be a great game.

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 02:18 PM
South Dakota State over Eastern Illinois
Bethune-Cookman over Coastal Carolina
Villanova over Stony Brook
Wagner over Colgate

Wofford over New Hampshire
Georgia Souther over Central Arkansas
Cal Poly over Sam Houston State
Illinois State over Appalachian State

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Feel free to enter in your predictions on my bracket challenge contest:

http://www.appstatenation.com/2012/1...ket-challenge/

entered and repped.

Terrierforlife
November 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Coastal over Bethune (Toss up)
Nova over Stony Brook
Colgate over Wagn

Wofford over UNH (I feel good about this one)
GSU over UCA (Statesboro is no fun this time of year)
SHSU over Cal Poly (Not impressed with either)
ASU over Illinois State (Enjoy your time at the Rock)

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Coastal over Bethune Cookman
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH - Given UNH's suspect defense, the tendency of GSU and Wofford to do well offensively against CAA teams (they don't face many similar offenses in the CAA), and how well Wofford has been playing on defense I like the Terriers.

GSU over Central Arkansas -Just out of pure homerism. This was the one probably first round matchup I didn't want. We can't stop any passing and UCA throws the ball well and defended Sam Houston's offense very well.

Cal Poly over Sam Houston - possibly the game of the week for round 1.

App. State over Illinois State - Illinois State will be able to move the ball against App. but they won't be able to stop the offense which has come together nicely late in the season.

Humble Steward
November 18th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Stony Brook over Villanova
Wagner over Colgate

Wofford over New Hampshire
Georgia Southern over Central Arkansas
Sam Houston State over Cal Poly
Appalachian State over Illinois State

md64179
November 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM
SDSU
BC
Nova
Colgate

UNH
GSU
SHSU
APP

KATS_21
November 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM
For those of you that are picking Cal Poly over Sam, why? I know Cal Poly likes to run it, but is it straight option runs or a good variety?

Looking forward to the game but know very little about Poly at this point. Remember what the Kats did last year against the Big Sky.

FargoBison
November 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM

They have a four year starter at QB, who is the best QB in the MVFC. They also are very big on both sides of the ball. Their passing game gave NDSU a lot of trouble in the first half but then our coached adjusted into some kind of NFL coverage in the second half which completely shut them down.

Bear84
November 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM
SDSU
BC
Nova
Colgate

WOFF
UCA
SHSU
ISUr

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Remember what the Kats did last year against the Big Sky. Cal Poly may be a Sky team now but they are not like the rest of the Big Fluff IMO. I just have a gut feeling they will take care of business in the play offs.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2012, 04:13 PM

They have a four year starter at QB, who is the best QB in the MVFC. They also are very big on both sides of the ball. Their passing game gave NDSU a lot of trouble in the first half but then our coached adjusted into some kind of NFL coverage in the second half which completely shut them down.
To reinforce what FargoBison said the Redbirds have a HUGE offensive line (depth chart (http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/illinois-state/redbird-football-depth-chart/article_eb629a2e-f17d-11e1-9d9c-0019bb2963f4.html)):

LT-Josh Aladenoye, 6-6, 335
LG-Mike Liedtke, 6-4, 290
C-Pete Cary, 6-4, 315
RG-Rocco Ammons, 6-5, 330
RT-Jermaine Barton, 6-7, 310

They have a very talented team that is chock full of FBS transfers, 18 of them by my count and many are key contributors (roster (http://www.goredbirds.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ilsu-m-footbl-mtt.html)). Matt Brown and Tyrone Walker have pretty much every passing and receiving school record, respectively, between them. I'd say the passing game is their strength but they're a fairly balanced offense. It seems like they've also had issues with consistency getting shut out at home by Southern Illinois this year and losing at home to a 3-8 Missouri St team.

Drblankstare
November 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM
For those of you that are picking Cal Poly over Sam, why? I know Cal Poly likes to run it, but is it straight option runs or a good variety?

Looking forward to the game but know very little about Poly at this point. Remember what the Kats did last year against the Big Sky.

I think a lot of people feel that The Big Sky was the best conference this year, therefore Cal Poly had a tougher road and are more prepared for playoff football. I personally can't make up my mind on this game. It's going to be damn good IMO.

Redwyn
November 18th, 2012, 04:16 PM
SDSU over Eastern Illinois (uncertain about either team, but SDSU seems to have the better wins)
Coastal over Bethune-Cookman (Coastal just a smidge better. Really impressed with their coach)
Stony Brook over NOVA (All about who can run better. I think SBU has a lot of pent up emotions to let out after the uncertainty of this week)
Colgate over Wagner (Love Colgate, no doubt)

Wofford over UNH (unsure why, but just a hunch)
GSU over UCA (Love Southern's offense)
SHSU over Cal Poly (Sam Houston plays smashmouth ball. Would love to see them if SBU can make it to the quarterfinals)
ASU over Illinois State (Very close, but like App here)

WrenFGun
November 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Hey WrenFGun, are you sandbagging or are you really that concerned about the Triple Option?

Have you seen our defense? Terrible. We're actually better against the run than the pass, but we've allowed 60 points twice this season. Towson rushed for 420 yards on us last week.

Redbird Ray
November 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Just to reiterate what many of the Bison have said, Illinois State has an FBS laden team with a 4-year starter at QB. Oline is big, but young and has shown a weakness against complex blitzes and stunts. QB is a bit like Jay Cutler. Strong arm, can make just about any throw, but sometimes gets too cocky. Way too many ints this year. That said, he is a legit NFL prospect at the moment.

Not sure if this will help us in Boone, but we're unbeaten on the road this year.

frozennorth
November 18th, 2012, 04:36 PM
wofford and shsu are the only ones i really feel confident about picking. maybe sdsu.

ASU_Fanatic
November 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Bethune over Coastal (I didn't even know Coastal was good this year, they looked awful when they played App)
Stony Brook over Villanova (Don't know much about either team but Stony Brook has the cooler stadium)
Colgate over Wagner (I'll take Colgate but let's be real whoever wins is gonna lose their next game)

Wofford over UNH (I like Wofford at home. Breteinstein with a big day.)
GSU over UCA (I wanna pick UCA but I can't. I like GSU to win easily.)
SHSU over Cal Poly (Close game but I like SHSU at home in front of 2,000 fans)
App over Ill State (I would never pick against App. I like them in a close one at home)

Seawolf97
November 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
SDSU over Eastern Illinois (uncertain about either team, but SDSU seems to have the better wins)
Coastal over Bethune-Cookman (Coastal just a smidge better. Really impressed with their coach)
Stony Brook over NOVA (All about who can run better. I think SBU has a lot of pent up emotions to let out after the uncertainty of this week)
Colgate over Wagner (Love Colgate, no doubt)

Wofford over UNH (unsure why, but just a hunch)
GSU over UCA (Love Southern's offense)
SHSU over Cal Poly (Sam Houston plays smashmouth ball. Would love to see them if SBU can make it to the quarterfinals)
ASU over Illinois State (Very close, but like App here)

After that ugly afternoon down in Virginia we need redemption .

malibudude
November 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM

Cal Poly had 180 Yds in the air last night and pounded the ball. Should be a great game.

Bisonwinagn
November 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cal Poly had 180 Yds in the air last night and pounded the ball. Should be a great game.

I don't think this is a very good matchup for Cal Poly. SAM has an explosive offense and good run defense. I see SAM winning 42-14.

DJnva
November 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM
So, if we follow the model of the basketball tourney, since everyone is dumping on UNH getting in, they almost have to win their first game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Stony Brook over NOVA
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH
GSU over UCA
Cal Poly over SHSU
Illinois State over ASU

I'll go with this also.

Although, Cal Poly/SHSU is a tough one to pick.

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'll go with this also.

Although, Cal Poly/SHSU is a tough one to pick.

The SDSU/EIU game is not an easy one either IMO. EIU have shown they can play well against MVFC teams this year.

Red & Black
November 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I don't think this is a very good matchup for Cal Poly. SAM has an explosive offense and good run defense. I see SAM winning 42-14.

Yeah, right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malibudude
November 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM

And I see Polar Bears drinking Coca-Colas with penguins...no wait its just a television commercial. Christmas already.

theasushow
November 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
that was cold.

Bearkat-Backer
November 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM

That would be great, but I see it more like 35-24 Kats.

dudeitsaid
November 19th, 2012, 01:01 AM
SDSU
Bethune-Cookman
Villanova
Colgate

Wofford
GSU
SHSU
App

I do give SHSU the edge at home against Poly, though I hate to do it. However, it will be a one score differential. Sam will not blow them out like the Southland opponents they've been playing throughout the season. I see an SHSU vs. MSU game on the horizon, and payback will be had on the Bobcats home turf when that happens.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
SDSU
Bethune-Cookman
Villanova
Colgate

Wofford
GSU
SHSU
App

I do give SHSU the edge at home against Poly, though I hate to do it. However, it will be a one score differential. Sam will not blow them out like the Southland opponents they've been playing throughout the season. I see an SHSU vs. MSU game on the horizon, and payback will be had on the Bobcats home turf when that happens.

I want another shot at EWU so bad, and I think the players do too. I think that drives us all the way to Cheney.

dudeitsaid
November 19th, 2012, 01:20 AM
That would be a heck of a game! Glad it would be at the inferno. IMO, in a close game at Roos Field, Bobcats come up just short again. All the revenge you will taste will be against SHSU

ming01
November 19th, 2012, 01:23 AM
where are the full predictions?

SDSU over Eastern Illinois- SDSU too balanced and very good pass defense to take down EIU passing game
Coastal over Bethune-Cookman- MEAC too weak
Nova over Stony Brook- SBU looked good vs its two FBS opponents but not Liberty. Nova is underrated
Colgate over Wagner- Colgate in close game

Wofford over UNH- UNH not very good against the run
GSU over UCA0 I think this is a tossup but Ill go with GSU
SHSU over Cal Poly- SHSU better than their record and have a good rush defense
Ill St over ASU- Close game. Interesting stat: ISU is undefeated on the road
NDSU over SDSU- NDSU defense too much
NOVA over MSU- Bozeman weather wont surprise Nova. Theres always upsets and this is mine
EWU over Colgate- welcome to playing a top team Colgate
ODU over Coastal- Too much offense for ODU

dudeitsaid
November 19th, 2012, 02:24 AM
where are the full predictions?

SDSU over Eastern Illinois- SDSU too balanced and very good pass defense to take down EIU passing game
Coastal over Bethune-Cookman- MEAC too weak
Nova over Stony Brook- SBU looked good vs its two FBS opponents but not Liberty. Nova is underrated
Colgate over Wagner- Colgate in close game

Wofford over UNH- UNH not very good against the run
GSU over UCA0 I think this is a tossup but Ill go with GSU
SHSU over Cal Poly- SHSU better than their record and have a good rush defense
Ill St over ASU- Close game. Interesting stat: ISU is undefeated on the road
NDSU over SDSU- NDSU defense too much
NOVA over MSU- Bozeman weather wont surprise Nova. Theres always upsets and this is mine
EWU over Colgate- welcome to playing a top team Colgate
ODU over Coastal- Too much offense for ODU

That would pit Nova against EWU in the semis again. Something tells me they aren't too fond of the inferno. I would love it if it worked out that way, but I don't see Nova beating MSU at home. And then if that path led to NDSU vs EWU in the NC, talk about some pent up drama from 2010 for that game. That would make a heck of a back story.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 19th, 2012, 02:38 AM
That would be a heck of a game! Glad it would be at the inferno. IMO, in a close game at Roos Field, Bobcats come up just short again. All the revenge you will taste will be against SHSU

I think with Kirk we'll come out on top.

Go Apps
November 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Colgate over Wagner

Wofford over UNH
GSU over UCA
SHSU over Cal Poly
ASU over Ill St
NDSU over SDSU
MSU over Villanova