PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Lehigh on a Fine 2012 Season (Official Post-Season Thread)

Lehigh Lover
November 18th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Considering all of the talent they lost, I never thought I would see this team go 10-1. To the seniors, congrats on being the second straight class to go undefeated against Lafayette!!! The bottom line is schollies come into play next year and the scheduling will get stronger. The Ivy ties need to be cut and more power conference and even FBS teams need to be scheduled. The win over Army was what got Stony Brook in over Lehigh. They have nobody to blame but the athletic department. It would have been nice to see one more game, but now we can root for Colgate to represent the PL well. Good riddance to the "non-scholarship" moniker!!! And good luck to the rest of the playoff field.

LehighGuy
November 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
If the Army win got SBU in over Lehigh, the committee needs to be fired. Army is terrible and wouldn't have a winning record playing the Patriot League.

I think it's more likely that the committee looked at the SBU's win over Colgate and gave them the nod.

Lehigh Lover
November 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah but Lehigh beat Liberty in Lynchburg and SBU lost to them there. So that cancels it out.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I think there were a few teams in between Stony Brook and Lehigh that would've taken SBU's place before Lehigh, such as Towson and Richmond.

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Regardless of today 10-1 is a great yr. Carping about who got in serves no purpose. We had it in our control and lost. A number of odd choices but we are not the only one left out.

GreatAppSt
November 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Crapsville Bar ----------->>>>>>>
xpeacex

Sader87
November 18th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Army would have won the PL this year...they may be bad by FBS standards but they did beat both BC and Air Force as well as give some other decent teams good games (NIU, Wake Forest etc)

Lehigh Lover
November 18th, 2012, 01:43 PM
When's happy hour at Crapsville. And what's the signature drink?

Gater
November 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Congrats on a great season, Lehigh. There are good times ahead for The Patriot League.

spdram
November 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Save me a seat at the bar in Crapsville. From 3-8 to 8-3 and sitting at home.

DFW HOYA
November 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Good riddance to the "non-scholarship" moniker!!!

It's still in good hands...xlolx

Seriously, Lehigh deserved better, but it's clear the PL isn't going to get that level of respect.

danefan
November 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I actually think Colgate's loss to last place South Dakota hurt Lehigh more than anything else.

Anywho...great season for Lehigh. Hopefully we'll see a full scholarship Albany and fill scholarship Lehigh in a home and home in the near future.

OL FU
November 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Congrats. Good season.

Drblankstare
November 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I actually think Colgate's loss to last place South Dakota hurt Lehigh more than anything else.

Anywho...great season for Lehigh. Hopefully we'll see a full scholarship Albany and fill scholarship Lehigh in a home and home in the near future.

I agree, the PL champ was beaten by the worst team in the Valley, this might have played a part.

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM
No doubt in my mind that the loss was a factor. But Lafayette a middling team at best that we clobbered so not the deciding issue.
Combine it with weak OOC and general lack of respect for any PL team and you sit home. We controlled our own fate and came up short. Goal now is to do better next year.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM

More than anything else this shows what is wrong with this entire process.

Wallace
November 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM
... Lafayette a middling team at best that we clobbered...

Trailing at halftime and taking the lead near the end of the third quarter is not exactly "clobbered" - if Lehigh had clobbered Lafayette then maybe a playoff bid would be in hand.

Nice season and better fortunes next year. xthumbsupx

danefan
November 18th, 2012, 09:13 PM
More than anything else this shows what is wrong with this entire process.

Why?

RichH2
November 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
28-0 over last 3 , yes clobbered.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Why?

If Lehigh's season was sunk due to a game that didn't even involve them, that is beyond pathetic.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Why?

Wondering that myself. If Colgate makes some noise then we can speculate if Lehigh got a hose job.

Congratulations to Lehigh though. 10-1 and a win over your fierce rival has to feel kinda good even without a playoff berth.

ngineer
November 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Trailing at halftime and taking the lead near the end of the third quarter is not exactly "clobbered" - if Lehigh had clobbered Lafayette then maybe a playoff bid would be in hand.

Nice season and better fortunes next year. xthumbsupx

Lehigh dominated Lafayatte after the first period, and took the lead with its first possession of the third quarter. Well over 500 yards of offense. Lafayette beat a CAA team and Ivy champ this year so they were not 'weak' opponent. Moreover, Rivalry games,especially away, should get a higher level of notice. I just disagree with SBU. Losing by two TD's , late in the season, to Liberty who Lehigh beat does not make sense. If not Lehigh, Richmond or Towson should have been selected. So I don't see the Lafayette game as being the deciding factor.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2012, 09:29 PM
If Lehigh's season was sunk due to a game that didn't even involve them, that is beyond pathetic.

It did involve Lehigh in that the team that beat Lehigh isn't seen as very strong nationally.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Lehigh dominated Lafayatte after the first period. Well over 500 yards of offense. Lafayette beat a CAA team and Ivy champ this year so they were not 'weak' opponent. Moreover, Rivalry games,especially away, should get a higher level of notice. I just disagree with SBU. Losing by two TD's , late in the season, to Liberty who Lehigh beat does not make sense. If not Lehigh, Richmond or Towson should have been selected. So I don't see the Lafayette game as being the deciding factor.

Agreed. Lafayette did not cost Lehigh. Not winning the AQ when the team that did win it likely wouldn't finish in the top 6 (and that's probably being generous given that they lost to the last place team) of a conference that only got 3 teams in the playoff field definitely played a factor.

ngineer
November 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
It did involve Lehigh in that the team that beat Lehigh isn't seen as very strong nationally.

I agree perceptions mean a lot. But early season losses should not be weighted the same as to how a team finishes as the metric is how good is the team NOW. For perceptions' sake, Illinois State lost two games to teams with losing records. Not a perfect system, so we have to live with it. Certainly should be a motivator for next year.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I agree perceptions mean a lot. But early season losses should not be weighted the same as to how a team finishes as the metric is how good is the team NOW. For perceptions' sake, Illinois State lost two games to teams with losing records. Not a perfect system, so we have to live with it. Certainly should be a motivator for next year.

Colgate =/= ISUr

You will have to let me know who those teams are.. I see Missouri State at 3-8 but who was the other? They lost to Missouri State, Southern Illinois, and North Dakota State. NDSU 10-1 (6-1), SIU 6-5 (5-3 in the toughest conference in the FCS).

I wonder if colgate would have won those 3 games ISUr lost.

MSUBobcat
November 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM

Illinois State lost to 6-5 SIU (with one loss being to FBS Miami (OH)) and 10-1 NDSU. Only their 7 pt loss to 3-8 Missouri State was to a team with a losing record.

Wallace
November 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Colgate =/= ISUr

You will have to let me know who those teams are.. I see Missouri State at 3-8 but who was the other? They lost to Missouri State, Southern Illinois, and North Dakota State. NDSU 10-1 (6-1), SIU 6-5 (5-3 in the toughest conference in the FCS).

Lehigh folks are beside themselves when they should realize they had little to no shot at the playoffs without an AQ this year. They do not even take congratulations well. I bet they are not even the woofed team this year.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Illinois State lost to 6-5 SIU (with one loss being to FBS Miami (OH)) and 10-1 NDSU. Only their 7 pt loss to 3-8 Missouri State was to a team with a losing record.

Exactly, not to mention Missouri St was a rather competitive 3-8 team, Beating Louisville or K-State was a pretty tall order for anyone in CFB this season even BCS teams.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2623/missouri-state-bears

I am not by any means saying Misery St was good this year, I am just pointing out with Colgates schedule they would not have been 3-8, and ISUr most certainly should not have lost to them.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Colgate =/= ISUr

Why isn't Stony Brook then also being evaluated by their loss to Liberty, who lost to Norfolk State? I wonder if Liberty would have won those 3 games ISUr lost....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Lehigh folks are beside themselves when they should realize they had little to no shot at the playoffs without an AQ this year. They do not even take congratulations well. I bet they are not even the woofed team this year.

Yes, your congratulations were so heartfelt. So genuine.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 18th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Save me a seat at the bar in Crapsville. From 3-8 to 8-3 and sitting at home.

+1

Pards Rule
November 19th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Yes a great season - I was surprised LU didnt get in and it is a shame. At least the seniors had a memorable finale.

danefan
November 19th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Why isn't Stony Brook then also being evaluated by their loss to Liberty, who lost to Norfolk State? I wonder if Liberty would have won those 3 games ISUr lost....

Stony Brook and Lehigh could be easily distinguishable, IMO.

1. Common opponent - Stony Brook beat Colgate. Lehigh did not. (counter argument - Liberty - for whatever reason the Committee saw this differently )
2. Margin of victory in a weaker conference - SBU had a number of a huge blowouts. Lehigh squeaked out a number of Patriot League games.
3. Signature win - Army might not be a great FBS team, but we all know the committee values FBS wins and SBU demolished Army. Lehigh's signature win was Liberty.