PDA

View Full Version : The Bracket

NDB
November 18th, 2012, 12:46 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/football_fcs_2012.pdf

Catbooster
November 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks

kdinva
November 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/football_fcs_2012.pdf

So.......the CAA auto-bid team travels to the Big South at large representative? :D xbowx Stony showed the committee a larger checkbook balance, I presume. Not surprised, they want badly to host, I know.

NDB
November 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Don't ask me. I just posted the damn thing. :)

Gil Dobie
November 18th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cobb mentioned strength of schedule was important.

SDSU and Stony Brook last 2 teams in.

HailSzczur
November 18th, 2012, 12:56 PM
So.......the CAA auto-bid team travels to the Big South at large representative? :D xbowx

I know it's weird. But how often do you have a team that's head and shoulders above the rest of the conference not get an autobid?

Nickels
November 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks, this was by far your best post from that I have read.

ncguitarplyr
November 18th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I started a bracket challenge contest over at my App State site. It's open to everyone though, not just App State fans:

http://www.appstatenation.com/2012/11/18/contest-appstatenations-2013-ncaa-div-i-fcs-bracket-challenge/

Libertine
November 18th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I know it's weird. But how often do you have a team that's head and shoulders above the rest of the conference not get an autobid?

In the Big South, that happens surprisingly often.

NDB
November 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Thanks, this was by far your best post from that I have read.

Thanks. Congrats and good luck to the Kats. Hope to see you in Frisco.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM
So are the rabbits pissed or a excited about the possible rematch with the bison?

UCA is in for a eye opening experience in the Boro. Better strap up for that one Osos.

Bobcats have to be licking their chops at the possibility of getting SHSU on their home turf ( better pray for snow if it happens)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Walkon79
November 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM
This ESPN3 thing just SUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robsnotes4u
November 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM
No need to pray for it, they can borrow snow machines from Big Sky and Bridger Bowl. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AggieManiac704
November 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Let the games begin

89rabbit
November 18th, 2012, 01:19 PM
So are the rabbits pissed or a excited about the possible rematch with the bison?

UCA is in for a eye opening experience in the Boro. Better strap up for that one Osos.

Bobcats have to be licking their chops at the possibility of getting SHSU on their home turf ( better pray for snow if it happens)

More importantly. How does NDSU fell about being #1 and has to potentially play a conference foe that they beat by only 3 points on Nov. 10th.

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Playing a team twice in one season sucks but NDSU has a bye week to prepare for the possibility.

BEAR
November 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
UCA has played in the boro once already and won. No disrespect of course to the boro and I know they are NOT the same team, but neither is UCA. Can't wait for the playoffs to begin!

I wonder is the Southland even knows two of its teams got picked. No stories on their website yet.

If we get lucky enough to win the first game, the bracket looks like we might get to host possibly Old Dominion. Is that the case?

BisonBabe
November 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Next Saturday will be an interesting day. I will be watching all the games as they will be on ESPN3

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2012, 01:26 PM
More importantly. How does NDSU fell about being #1 and has to potentially play a conference foe that they beat by only 3 points on Nov. 10th.
Bring on the competition I say. I don't complain about draws because however you do it you'll need to beat some damn good teams to achieve the ultimate goal.

SDSU is a tough matchup for the Bison though. I'll be interested to hear what SDSU players and fans think of the playoff Fargodome atmosphere compared to the regular season atmosphere (provided they get by EIU).

BEAR
November 18th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Oh wait, according to the SLC website, this is the first time in SHSU history that they've gone to the playoffs two years in a row. Interesting in the fact that I'd always assumed most of the SLC teams have already accomplished that at least once in their long storied programs history. 3 years in playoff eligibility and the Bears accomplished it. I guess I can't comprehend how much McNeese has dominated the SLC.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM

I am sure there will be a little sphincter puckering going on in Fargo. .Always tough to best a team twice in a year.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
UCA has played in the boro once already and won. No disrespect of course to the boro and I know they are NOT the same team, but neither is UCA. Can't wait for the playoffs to begin!

I wonder is the Southland even knows two of its teams got picked. No stories on their website yet.

If we get lucky enough to win the first game, the bracket looks like we might get to host possibly Old Dominion. Is that the case?

Were they running the triple O when that win happened? If not, it will be a whole different animal. Enjoy the game, great venue.

klak
November 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Were they running the triple O when that win happened? If not, it will be a whole different animal. Enjoy the game, great venue.

We were not. That was the last game of the BVG era (3-8).

Central Connecticut State beat us in Statesboro that year, so don't get too excited yet.

Bisonator
November 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I don't like the thought of having SDSU in 2 weeks, but bring them on, bring on anybody right now. There are no easy games now! Time to make a run boys. GO BISON!!!

dgreco
November 18th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I don't like the thought of having SDSU in 2 weeks, but bring them on, bring on anybody right now. There are no easy games now! Time to make a run boys. GO BISON!!!

definitely a scary matchup, but I think NDSU will get to, and then lose to, ODU.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM

No. CARK is not seeded, ODU is. Seed hosts non seed. Non seed vs non seed, the higher $$$ bid hosts. Seed vs Seed the higher seed hosts.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Bring on the competition I say. I don't complain about draws because however you do it you'll need to beat some damn good teams to achieve the ultimate goal.

SDSU is a tough matchup for the Bison though. I'll be interested to hear what SDSU players and fans think of the playoff Fargodome atmosphere compared to the regular season atmosphere (provided they get by EIU).

Well, considering there was little-to-no crowd noise when we played a couple weeks ago, it can only get better/louder... I think it sucks for the MVFC that SDSU/NDSU are pitted against one another so early in the playoffs, however, I'd rather have the Jacks play in a familiar environment against a familiar foe than have to go on the road to play EWU/Montana State/App St/GA So.

Plus, we didn't play at that well in Fargo the last time out and walked out away with a only 3 point loss. Play a little better offensively (especially not having to worry about #69 Perry) and I think we have a good shot at the upset. Granted, we have to beat a high-scoring EIU team first. I just don't think EIU's D can stop a nose bleed, so I'm not overly concerned.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Well, considering there was little-to-no crowd noise when we played a couple weeks ago, it can only get better/louder... I think it sucks for the MVFC that SDSU/NDSU are pitted against one another so early in the playoffs, however, I'd rather have the Jacks play in a familiar environment against a familiar foe than have to go on the road to play EWU/Montana State/App St/GA So.

Plus, we didn't play at that well in Fargo the last time out and walked out away with a only 3 point loss. Play a little better offensively (especially not having to worry about #69 Perry) and I think we have a good shot at the upset. Granted, we have to beat a high-scoring EIU team first. I just don't think EIU's D can stop a nose bleed, so I'm not overly concerned.

Yeah that atmosphere sucked. Can't wait for the playoff atmosphere!

ecasadoSBU
November 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
So many said the Wolves were not gonna make it. Turns out that we get the CAA autobid team at Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium. Could it get any better for Stony Brook. Long Island is getting a huge game next saturday!

knucklehead
November 18th, 2012, 02:57 PM
As a Liberty fan, I am not at all happy that the committe gave the at large to SBU. Double standard.

knucklehead
November 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
But I do hope SBU wins. Not a CAA fan.

X-Factor
November 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM

You will find that the Bison play at a whole different level in the playoffs. Regular season games are not much of a barometer, or at least havn't been the last two years.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM

No we were not, and in fact we were a 3-8 and 2-5 in conference.

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM

If SDSU plays the Bison again, I hope #65 has his head on a swivel...It would be a shame if something happened to his knee.

*I don't advocate hurting someone on purpose, but **** happens, right?

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 03:02 PM
If SDSU plays the Bison again, I hope #65 has his head on a swivel...It would be a shame if something happened to his knee.

Especially when its a clean football play.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 18th, 2012, 03:05 PM

hah - real classy, bro.

darell1976
November 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
UND has played Cal Poly, Eastern Washington and Montana State. Three great teams representing the BSC well. Good luck to all three in the playoffs, and as for MSU and EWU...we will see you next season in Grand Forks.

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
hah - real classy, bro.

So was the play by #65, bro.

aces1180
November 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Especially when its a clean football play.

Clean play - yes. Cheap - yes

Thundar
November 18th, 2012, 03:19 PM

Well if we play slightly better defense we blow you out in that same game

ITmonarch10
November 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM

Well they are CAA next year, so I'm not sure this sentiment applies.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Well if we play slightly better defense we blow you out in that same game

Really? What game did you watch?

We fumbled inside our own 25 to set up your first TD, and we made two stupid panalties to extend a drive (would've otherwise lead to a 40+ yard field goal attempt) that set up your only other TD. Otherwise, you wouldn't have scored. Not sure how that equates to a blow out...?

Drblankstare
November 18th, 2012, 03:58 PM
This bracket is tough all over. The top half might have the tougher road IMO

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Really? What game did you watch?

We fumbled inside our own 25 to set up your first TD, and we made two stupid panalties to extend a drive (would've otherwise lead to a 40+ yard field goal attempt) that set up your only other TD. Otherwise, you wouldn't have scored. Not sure how that equates to a blow out...?

Plus the Jacks only had 120 total yards before their last drive on our 'prevent' defense...which I hate. I give the Jacks credit for scoring but up until that the Jacks didn't do much besides their 1st drive.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 18th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Plus the Jacks only had 120 total yards before their last drive on our 'prevent' defense...which I hate. I give the Jacks credit for scoring but up until that the Jacks didn't do much besides their 1st drive.

Niether team could move the ball consistantly against the other team's defense. NDSU benefited from good field position and Jackrabbit panalties, and SDSU simply could not move the ball period.

If we are lucky enough to play you again in 2 weeks, I will expect another low scoring defensive battle. We have to beat EIU first, and I don't think that will be an easy task.

CommishBigSmooth
November 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM

Niether team could move the ball consistantly against the other team's defense. NDSU benefited from good field position and Jackrabbit panalties, and SDSU simply could not move the ball period.

If we are lucky enough to play you again in 2 weeks, I will expect another low scoring defensive battle. We have to beat EIU first, and I don't think that will be an easy task.

So which is it, Rabbit? You're not concerned, but it won't be an easy task? Hmmmm......

bobcathpdevil56
November 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
This bracket is tough all over. The top half might have the tougher road IMO

I don't know, I was kind of pissed off about our draw. A tough SBU or the CAA champ first round, then possibly SHSU or Cal Poly next. Not to mention a trip to Cheney for semis. I was thinking we got the shaft for a 10-1 season.

But, I guess I am being homerishxnodx

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
[/B]

So which is it, Rabbit? You're not concerned, but it won't be an easy task? Hmmmm......
You might be shocked to hear this but you can recognize something as being a tough task while being confident you can accomplish it.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I don't know, I was kind of pissed off about our draw. A tough SBU or the CAA champ first round, then possibly SHSU or Cal Poly next. Not to mention a trip to Cheney for semis. I was thinking we got the shaft for a 10-1 season.

But, I guess I am being homerishxnodx

Can somebody draw me a flowchart or diagram this for me? Is the tough SBU referenced above the same Stony Brook from a "non-power conference" that up until 5 hours ago everyone in the sky, southern, mvfc and caa thought had no business being in the field? When did they become tough again? I swear I just can't keep up.

bobcathpdevil56
November 18th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Can somebody draw me a flowchart or diagram this for me? Is the tough SBU referenced above the same Stony Brook from a "non-power conference" that up until 5 hours ago everyone in the sky, southern, mvfc and caa thought had no business being in the field? When did they become tough again? I swear I just can't keep up.

I never uttered such words. Any team that has the season Stony Brook had, plus gave SHSU all they could handle last year is in my humble opinion TUFF

EKU Toss Sweep
November 18th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I never uttered such words. Any team that has the season Stony Brook had, plus gave SHSU all they could handle last year is in my humble opinion TUFF

I would agree and I will admit I was too lazy to go check whether or not you uttered it. That puts you, the SBU faithful and a few others in the minority. Now I see beating EIU referred to as no easy task. Possibly the kindest words spoken of the OVC on this board in weeks. I would say the OVC is rightfully a 1 bid this year at the expense of my Colonels. There was not a real big signature win this year for the Colonels with a road win over Coastal as the best OOC win. It's just funny how teams start looking a little better today while everyone hedges their optimism.

kdinva
November 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Non seed vs non seed, the higher $$$ bid hosts.

so, we can assume Wagner (3,500 seats) outbid Colgate (10,800 seats)..........good for the lads on the island.......

CommishBigSmooth
November 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
You might be shocked to hear this but you can recognize something as being a tough task while being confident you can accomplish it.

Thanks for clarifying. Concerned or not, easy task or not, good luck against EIU. Good style contrast type game coming up, which are always the best playoff matchups.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
so, we can assume Wagner (3,500 seats) outbid Colgate (10,800 seats)..........good for the lads on the island.......

That is most certainly what happened. Perhaps Wagner emptied their piggy bank, perhaps Colgate put in a retardedly low bid. Perhaps NEC backed Wagners bid ala OVC backing EKU last year.

danefan
November 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
That is most certainly what happened. Perhaps Wagner emptied their piggy bank, perhaps Colgate put in a retardedly low bid. Perhaps NEC backed Wagners bid ala OVC backing EKU last year.

Colgate may have not even bid.

I do believe the NEC has some bid money available for schools but I can't imagine it's much.

Hopefully Wagner adds some seats. Lots of Gate Alumn in NYC. Wagner could make some money back.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 18th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Will this crap still be hitting the board next year when the field is announced and somebody is not happy about having to travel. It's been a year and I still haven't seen anybody with any thing to substantiate the OVC chipping in. It wouldn't make sense for the rest of the conference. Believe it or not, EKU has a proud football tradition and pulled out the checkbook. Smart fiscal decision - no. You saw the stands on TV. Am I glad they did so - yes. If you want to advance you are best served to play at home.

Twentysix
November 18th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Will this crap still be hitting the board next year when the field is announced and somebody is not happy about having to travel. It's been a year and I still haven't seen anybody with any thing to substantiate the OVC chipping in. It wouldn't make sense for the rest of the conference. Believe it or not, EKU has a proud football tradition and pulled out the checkbook. Smart fiscal decision - no. You saw the stands on TV. Am I glad they did so - yes. If you want to advance you are best served to play at home.

There is no reason to be ashamed of a conference backing their teams when bidding for the right to host playoff games.. No idea why you are being defensive.

robsnotes4u
November 18th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I think both sides of the bracket are very hard, nobody has an easy trip ahead, they will have to earn it. Is there anyone in the field that has blown away anyone else in the field?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SpeedkingATL
November 18th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I look forward to App hosting Illinois State. I can't recall App ever hosting them.

EKU Toss Sweep
November 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
There is no reason to be ashamed of a conference backing their teams when bidding for the right to host playoff games.. No idea why you are being defensive.

Why would any other OVC institution pay for EKU to host a game? If there were a reason for the other OVC members to fund each other's bids, wouldn't it likely go to the conference winner and not an at large bid. I'll pull for EIU this weekend, but I'm not about to write a check to help them host. If the rest of the leagues are doing this I think conference loyalties have crossed over to the absurd. When EKU beat JSU late last year to take them out of the playoffs and sneak in ourselves, I didn't see anyone in red throwing wads of cash at our AD to insure our future successes.

The 2011 playoffs are last years news. It's time to crown a champion for 2012. I just couldn't believe this slop came up again.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM

I said that I'm not overly concerned with their Defense (specifically), but winning the game will not be an easy task. Their O is capable of scoring a lot of points.

Hope this helps clarify things for you.

URMite
November 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Colgate may have not even bid.

I do believe the NEC has some bid money available for schools but I can't imagine it's much.

Hopefully Wagner adds some seats. Lots of Gate Alumn in NYC. Wagner could make some money back.

True. Colgate didn't make the minimum bid as a SEED in 2003.

Laker
November 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Which team are people the most surprised that didn't make the field?

EKU Toss Sweep
November 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM

For me, it's probably Towson. Even with only 7 wins they hammered UNH yesterday and get passed on while UNH makes the field. To me that is just a head scratcher. Sammy is in the field with 7 and what I would guess is a weaker SOS when you take out the FBS games. While the last thing I want to see is more caa in the field, Towson leaves me wondering if we are now devaluing H2H games.

jmufan
November 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM

CAA Fatigue? Seems like it with all of the SEC fatigue going around as well.

CommishBigSmooth
November 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I said that I'm not overly concerned with their Defense (specifically), but winning will the game will not be an easy task. Their O is capable of scoring a lot of points.

Works for me if it works for you. As I said earlier, this is like examining boxing--- styles make fights. Their offense against your defense makes for an interesting matchup. The Valley teams and their defenses seem to be better built to win these types of games.

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Works for me if it works for you. As I said earlier, this is like examining boxing--- styles make fights. Their offense against your defense makes for an interesting matchup. The Valley teams and their defenses seem to be better built to win these types of games. SDSU is no exception.
I think the conditions will also play into SDSU's favor. A grass field with no heating coils isn't going to be an ideal playing surface in late November for a high powered passing offense like EIU. It'll suit the power run game of SDSU better. However, it doesn't look like there will be precipitation to worry about.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 18th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I said that I'm not overly concerned with their Defense (specifically), but winning will the game will not be an easy task. Their O is capable of scoring a lot of points.

Jacks will crush EIU. More than likely it will be windy.....hampering EIU's passing attack.

Zenner will run all over them for over 150.

Jacks by 2 TDs.

swaghook
November 18th, 2012, 08:55 PM
extended forecast for Brooking is not looking to bad right now.

Hammerhead
November 18th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I'm hoping some of them will also be on gameplan like they were last year.

This ESPN3 thing just SUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RabidRabbit
November 18th, 2012, 09:23 PM
IMHO, I have some minor problem with the Jacks being a "last added" team. Alone in 2nd place in the toughest conference, and ahead of Ill St. Why are the Redbirds in ahead of Jacks?

Glad for the home game to start. Hope that should the 100th game between the Jacks/Bison occur, that the Jacks skip the stupid penalties that assisted the loss on 11/10.

steelr7
November 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM
IMHO, I have some minor problem with the Jacks being a "last added" team. Alone in 2nd place in the toughest conference, and ahead of Ill St. Why are the Redbirds in ahead of Jacks?

Glad for the home game to start. Hope that should the 100th game between the Jacks/Bison occur, that the Jacks skip the stupid penalties that assisted the loss on 11/10.

The Jacks were under appreciated in the polls all season (IMO). I think that translated into the seeding. I'm glad the made it in but was surprised to find out that they were one of the last teams in.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 19th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Lehigh

Just kidding

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nickels
November 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
If you want to see the perfect bracket :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mnvfpbqAA