PDA

View Full Version : This is a year it would be good to have a 24 team FCS playoffs.

slostang
November 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
There will be some deserving teams left out this year.

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Its funny because some teams might of still been left out with the 3 extra spots. Watch next year be like last year and we won't have enough 8-3/7-4 teams to fill the field.

slostang
November 17th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Its funny because some teams might of still been left out with the 3 extra spots. Watch next year be like last year and we won't have enough 8-3/7-4 teams to fill the field.

Probably. I am still looking forward to the playoffs expanding next season.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I hope one of these days the Ivy League gets its head out of the sand and allows its champion to participate in the playoffs.

theasushow
November 17th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Yea but then after a couple years of a 24 team playoff we will be saying...damn this field needs to be 32. Just imagine how many worthy teams would be left out this year if we still had the 16 team format. have to draw the line somewhere.

UNH Fanboi
November 17th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Yea but then after a couple years of a 24 team playoff we will be saying...damn this field needs to be 32. Just imagine how many worthy teams would be left out this year if we still had the 16 team format. have to draw the line somewhere.

As long as the SWAC and Ivy stay out of the playoffs, we're safe. No one in their right mind is going to be clamoring for another 8 at-larges, particularly if there is a year with a shortage of 7win teams, which is likely to happen at some point.

slostang
November 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Obviously 20 was not too many. I don't think 24 will be either.

ITmonarch10
November 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Pfff... March Madness isn't any less fun with more teams. It funny, one of the best part of the tournament are the underdogs who rises out of nowhere.

theasushow
November 17th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I love the underdog as much as anybody, but when you start letting the whole world into a playoff bracket then regular season games become meaningless. To each his own, but I am not a fan of 6-5 teams making the playoffs. Plus if the playoffs continue to expand then we are going to be down to a 9-10 game regular season...the season is already too short as it is, i wish college football was like NASCAR....like 8 months long haha.

X-Factor
November 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM
I love the underdog as much as anybody, but when you start letting the whole world into a playoff bracket then regular season games become meaningless. To each his own, but I am not a fan of 6-5 teams making the playoffs. Plus if the playoffs continue to expand then we are going to be down to a 9-10 game regular season...the season is already too short as it is, i wish college football was like NASCAR....like 8 months long haha.

If only human bodies could withstand that much punishment!

malibudude
November 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM

Ask your running backs knees about that...

sgt smash
November 18th, 2012, 12:31 AM

Besides some weak ***** autobids this year, it is hard to call alot of these teams underdogs.