PDA

View Full Version : Why should the Big Sky get multple seeds?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Just trying to stir the pot and bring up a point...the top 4 teams in the Big Sky are Eastern Washington, Montana State, Cal Poly, and Northern Arizona. This is the way the schedule broke down this year...

NAU did not have to play EWU or MSU
Montana State did not have to play Cal Poly or NAU
Eastern Washington did not play NAU
Cal Poly did not play Montana State

So of the 6 possible matchups between the 4 teams, only 3 were actually on the Big Sky schedule.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM
1. Because we have 3 teams with 9 DI wins.
2. Because all four teams at the top beat an FBS. Just kidding, MSU didn't. xcoffeex

Red & Black
November 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM
EWU should get the seed due to HTH head wins over co-champs MSU and CP, a much tougher non-conf schedule, an FBS win, and the fact that we won the Conference AB.

I could care less if MSU is seeded. It would be cool if they did, but they shouldn't get one at the expense of a team who beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapiti
November 17th, 2012, 08:54 PM
1. Because we have 3 teams with 9 DI wins.
2. Because all four teams at the top beat an FBS. Just kidding, MSU didn't. xcoffeex

Don't forget that Sac State beat an FBS as well and if Sac wins today they too should be in the discussion for a playoff spot.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Big sky only gets 3 in.

malibudude
November 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Davis beat Sac St

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2012, 09:07 PM
EWU
Montana State
Cal Poly

They are all in. NAU is out IMO.

malibudude
November 17th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Big sky only gets 3 in.

NAU should get in over a Lehigh. NAU should not get in over Wofford, I was in Columbia today, as you
know the final score was not reflective of the game. Wofford played great, especially your defense, 7-7 going
into the 4th quarter. Gamecock fans were slashing their collective chicken wrists. Well played Wofford.

UNH Fanboi
November 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
What is your point? The task of the committee is to pick the 5 teams with the best resumes. Do you think that there are 4 teams with better resumes that EWU/MSU? Who do you think they are?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
NAU should get in over a Lehigh. NAU should not get in over Wofford, I was in Columbia today, as you
know the final score was not reflective of the game. Wofford played great, especially your defense, 7-7 going
into the 4th quarter. Gamecock fans were slashing their collective chicken wrists. Well played Wofford.

No way should NAU get in over Lehigh. The 'Jacks lost their last two, both at home. One is which was against 5-6 SUU. The two FBS games were also stupid.

NAU is 100% cooked.

cpalum
November 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM
NAU is better than Lehigh...that's why...better SOS better talent...better team. Probably wont happen but it should

UNH Fanboi
November 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
NAU is better than Lehigh...that's why...better SOS better talent...better team. Probably wont happen but it should

I'm not very high on Lehigh, but NAU doesn't have a single win over a team with a winning record. The win over UNLV is not all that impressive.

cpalum
November 17th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I'm not very high on Lehigh, but NAU doesn't have a single win over a team with a winning record. The win over UNLV is not all that impressive.

That's a good point and I did not realize that but I'd still argue that teams like Montana and UND are better than teams with winning records that Lehigh beat. NAU's losses are to Arizona St, Cal Poly and SUU.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 17th, 2012, 10:24 PM

True, but Lehigh doesn't have a win over a playoff team, and UNLV is better than anyone Lehigh played.

Gil Dobie
November 17th, 2012, 10:50 PM

7 DI wins will be tough to make the cut with this year.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2012, 10:51 PM
What is your point? The task of the committee is to pick the 5 teams with the best resumes. Do you think that there are 4 teams with better resumes that EWU/MSU? Who do you think they are?

Cal Poly for one is definitely more worthy of a seed than Montana State.

UNH Fanboi
November 17th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Cal Poly for one is definitely more worthy of a seed than Montana State.

Whatever, I meant what 4 non-big sky teams are more worthy of a seed?

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 17th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Whatever, I meant what 4 non-big sky teams are more worthy of a seed?

These would be my seeds.
1. North Dakota Stae
2. EWU
3. ODU
4. Cal Poly
5. Georgia Southern

GSU over Montana State because they lost to the only of the top 4 Big Sky teams they played and they have a sub-DI win

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 11:17 PM
7 DI wins will be tough to make the cut with this year.

Guys......stop.

D1 wins are only a disqualifier if you don't have 7. If you do have 7, it comes down to strength of schedule.

If Wofford finished 8-3, with a D2 victory, and Lehigh finished 9-2 without one, you can't tell me you're giving Lehigh the nod simply because they have more D1 victories when Wofford plays a tougher schedule and meets the criteria to make the playoffs. It makes no sense and this reasoning has never been used before this year, so I'm dumbfounded as to why it is continued to be used.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Guys......stop.

D1 wins are only a disqualifier if you don't have 7. If you do have 7, it comes down to strength of schedule.

If Wofford finished 8-3, with a D2 victory, and Lehigh finished 9-2 without one, you can't tell me you're giving Lehigh the nod simply because they have more D1 victories when Wofford plays a tougher schedule and meets the criteria to make the playoffs. It makes no sense and this reasoning has never been used before this year, so I'm dumbfounded as to why it is continued to be used.

It might be a little more interesting if Lehigh finished 9-2 but they didn't.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 11:21 PM
It might be a little more interesting if Lehigh finished 9-2 but they didn't.

Lehigh is not in at 10-1. They have to win their conference. Definitely SHOULD NOT be in over a conference champion like Wofford or Nova/Richmond/UNH

UNH Fanboi
November 17th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Guys......stop.

In 2008 an 8-4 Maine got in over a 7-4 William & Mary for seemingly no reason other than the fact that Maine had an extra win. Maine had no big wins and lost to UNH in the last game of the regular season, whereas W&M beat UNH.

Red & Black
November 17th, 2012, 11:27 PM
These would be my seeds.
1. North Dakota Stae
2. EWU
3. ODU
4. Cal Poly
5. Georgia Southern

GSU over Montana State because they lost to the only of the top 4 Big Sky teams they played and they have a sub-DI win

This guy gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSU Eagle
November 17th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Wofford should be in over Lehigh but I would not bet on it. A 10-1 record just on the face of it will be hard to leave out.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM
In 2008 an 8-4 Maine got in over a 7-4 William & Mary for seemingly no reason other than the fact that Maine had an extra win. Maine had no big wins and lost to UNH in the last game of the regular season, whereas W&M beat UNH.

Apples and oranges.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Wofford should be in over Lehigh but I would not bet on it. A 10-1 record just on the face of it will be hard to leave out.

Tell that to pioneer Jacksonville

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Tell that to pioneer Jacksonville

Lehigh and Jacksonville have almost nothing in common. Lehigh is an established "brand" in FCS.

Reign of Terrier
November 17th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Lehigh and Jacksonville have almost nothing in common. Lehigh is an established "brand" in FCS.

At the end of the day tied for first in the socon> second in the patriot

GSU Eagle
November 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I agree that Wofford should be in but I would not be surprised to see Lehigh in also.