PDA

View Full Version : SLC Has Year Two Magic

TexasTerror
August 13th, 2006, 08:10 AM
I saw something along these lines in a SELA release, but our Huntsville Item fishwrap went about things comparing Nicholls and TxSt-San Marcos of 2004 to SHSU of 2005, saying things may turn at SHSU in 2006 as our head coach, Todd Whitten enters year two as head coach of the Kats program.

We can only hope! Thomas and Bailiff are Nich and TxSt respectively, are two coaches that I personally as an SLC fan think highly of, especially Thomas who was able to get to the I-AA playoffs with the bare bones that exist at Nicholls. We'll see what happens for the Kats this year! SLC is always a dogfight!
-----------
Kats hoping year-two magic works at SHSU
By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

Here’s hoping history can repeat itself in 2006.

Last season when the smoke cleared, Texas State and Nicholls State were left holding a share of the Southland Conference football title. Ironically, both did it with a head coach in only his second year with the program.

If that trend continues in 2006, it might mean good news for Sam Houston State head coach Todd Whitten, who is beginning his second season as the Bearkats’ main man.

So, can Whitten add his name to the list with the Bobcats’ David Bailiff and the Colonels’ Jay Thomas?

I recently had the chance to sit down with Bailiff and Thomas and pick their brains about the differences between years one and two. The same topic kept coming up in both conversations, and it is something I have noticed happening around SHSU.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_225002820.html?keyword=secondarystory

blackfordpu
August 13th, 2006, 08:23 AM
We'll all be watching closely for that "magic".

TexasTerror
August 13th, 2006, 08:29 AM
We'll all be watching closely for that "magic".

You talking about this guy?

MAGIC ROBINSON Running back 5-8 180 Klein Forest
First team All-District 14-5A running back for Coach Ken Hammock ... gained 1,181 yards on 143 carries (8.3 per carry), scoring 12 touchdowns as a senior ... district champion in the 100 meter dash in track and field ... posted best 100 meter dash time of 10.4 as junior

I hope so! He's got the after-burners to leave us in a cloud of dust! :hurray:

blackfordpu
August 13th, 2006, 08:41 AM
You talking about this guy?

MAGIC ROBINSON Running back 5-8 180 Klein Forest
First team All-District 14-5A running back for Coach Ken Hammock ... gained 1,181 yards on 143 carries (8.3 per carry), scoring 12 touchdowns as a senior ... district champion in the 100 meter dash in track and field ... posted best 100 meter dash time of 10.4 as junior

I hope so! He's got the after-burners to leave us in a cloud of dust! :hurray:

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Actually I was talking about the "year two magic". :nod: