PDA

View Full Version : Furman @ Michigan State: 2016

kdinva
November 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/big-ten/2016-michigan-state-spartans-football-schedule.php

could be a $650,000 + payday.........

OL FU
November 15th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Good we have lots of stadium improvements to pay forxnodx

mountaineer in Cane Land
November 15th, 2012, 05:15 PM
well, you cant do any worse than Florida Atlantic did last year against them, 0 first downs, I believe around 75 total yds, lost something like 48-0, whats really sad is they are an FBS program.

Laker
November 15th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Good we have lots of stadium improvements to pay forxnodx

MSU is a great place to go to for a game. Nice campus & atmosphere.

PaladinFan
November 15th, 2012, 08:13 PM
well, you cant do any worse than Florida Atlantic did last year against them, 0 first downs, I believe around 75 total yds, lost something like 48-0, whats really sad is they are an FBS program.

It is off topic, but there are way to many teams in the FBS. A third would not even be that good in the FCS.

Glad to see Furman reach out beyond the Southeast for a game. With the new lacrosse team, Furman is putting a high priority on planting its flag in the mid-atlantic and great lakes. I imagine this is another attempt to do just that.

citdog
November 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM
650k? That'll buy plenty of serpents and rat poison! The Southern Baptists will have a one hell of a camp meeting!

walliver
November 17th, 2012, 07:43 AM

How do you get 0 first downs? You would think if they just lined up in the shotgun and threw it downfield every play, they would at least get lucky once and complete a pass for 10 yards. But is is Florida Atlantic. FAU did get off to a decent start. They got a I-AA at-large spot in their third year (despite a D-II loss - most FCS schools know not to play Valdosta State), but when they moved to the SunBelt, they disappeared from the radar.