PDA

View Full Version : Strat-O-Matic College Football

Mr. C
June 1st, 2005, 10:18 PM
Just discovered this story on the Strat-O-Matic website. I've played Start-O-Matic baseball for years, so this is great news.

Link: http://www.strat-o-matic.com/sphere/collegefb.htm

Returning to the sport after nearly two decades away, Strat-O-Matic will unveil a computer college football game early this fall with all 237 Division I-A and Division I-AA schools that played in 2004.
The vast number of teams, the speed of the computer and the flexibility of the program will allow gamers to play any school’s entire actual schedule or to create their own dream match-ups, bowl games or tournaments.
The timing is outstanding for college fans who were left wondering whether undefeated Auburn and Utah should have had a chance to play for the national championship that USC won in a match-up with Oklahoma. Did Oklahoma just have a bad day against USC, or were the Trojans really that much better? Was LSU strong enough at season’s end after two early-season road defeats (one a last-minute loss at Auburn) to have won a second straight national championship in a full tournament? Would the Texas-Michigan point-a-minute Rose Bowl have turned out differently with you calling the plays?
And now, fans of, say, Princeton and Bucknell (a 7-4 team that is Strat-O-Matic creator Hal Richman’s alma mater) can play a full schedule, too.

ISUMatt
June 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM
Do u need an A drive or have they gotten by the problem?!
Keep us informed on a release date

Mr. C
June 1st, 2005, 11:15 PM
Don't know the answer to the A Drive question. I still run Start-O-Matic baseball on my Mac. It is expected to be released in September and should have the most up-to-date engine that they have developed.

It will be fun running some computer simulations on the 2004 I-AA season. You could also make your own I-AA super team and take on the best of I-A. How about a squad made up of the I-AA.org All-Star team going up against the big boys. You might also be able to see if you could coach your team to a better record than your actual coach did.

eaglefan452
June 2nd, 2005, 08:42 AM
I played the strat-o-matic a few years ago, but it was a board game and not on the computer. Great game, not one for baseball novices though, you really got to know your stuff. I bet the football one will be awesome though.

arkstfan
June 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Don't know the answer to the A Drive question. I still run Start-O-Matic baseball on my Mac.

Does it support Mac or are you using an emmulator?

ISUMatt
June 2nd, 2005, 09:52 AM
I played the strat-o-matic a few years ago, but it was a board game and not on the computer. Great game, not one for baseball novices though, you really got to know your stuff. I bet the football one will be awesome though.

I had the baseball several yrs ago for the computer and it was awesome, all the stats were kept for you and any stat was a click away!!! Id assume football would be the same way!!

Lehigh Football Nation
June 2nd, 2005, 10:25 AM
Thank goodness somebody cares about I-AA football. Only problem is that I can figure - it will have the 2004 teams, not the 2005 teams?

ISUMatt
June 2nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Thank goodness somebody cares about I-AA football. Only problem is that I can figure - it will have the 2004 teams, not the 2005 teams?

the 2004 stats would have to be used and sim the 2005 season!

Mr. C
June 2nd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Does it support Mac or are you using an emmulator?
I have an older version of Strat-O-Matic baseball that I run on my Mac, but you can run it on a emulator and supposedly it works like a charm. You would need some form of Windows to run the college football game, because Strat-O-Matic quit making Mac versions of their products several years back. But knowing their products, this should be an awesome game.

arkstfan
June 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM
I have an older version of Strat-O-Matic baseball that I run on my Mac, but you can run it on a emulator and supposedly it works like a charm. You would need some form of Windows to run the college football game, because Strat-O-Matic quit making Mac versions of their products several years back. But knowing their products, this should be an awesome game.

I'll pass. I don't enjoy games enough to buy Virtual PC. Though companies would be smart to start adding Mac software again. Microsoft's last earning report noted that a nice bump in revenue could attributed to sales of Office for Mac.

Hansel
June 2nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
Hopefully they include us... by NCAA definitions we were still D2 last year

arkstfan
June 2nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
Hopefully they include us... by NCAA definitions we were still D2 last year
Last year
117 I-A + 120 I-AA = 237.