PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Projection Challenge

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 12:37 AM
You project the playoff field and the member that comes the closest to nailing what the NCAA puts out on Sunday will win either a Tshirt from the Championship Game in Frisco or a new shirt I'm having some art done for right now. Your choice.

How do you enter? You reply to this thread and I will make you up a Google Doc and share it with you to place your picks on.

Just say "I'm in" and I'll make you up at my earliest opportunity and get it to you to complete. This will shut down for entries on Friday at 2:00p EDT or right around there.

Don't pm me for this, reply here.xthumbsupx

2012 AGS MEMBER PROJECTIONS (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Aph2Xme278kGdFg2NjZYS0NzeFh3cVJGVzZua1lVY 0E&single=true&gid=1&output=html)

The scoring/rules etc. from Jacked_Rabbit &...

Just so you all know, here's how the scoring is going to roll. Also, picks are due Friday. Yeah it may be unfair, but that just makes it much more rewarding if you nail it dead on!

1. (1 pt) for each playoff team correctly selected. Ten bonus points for selecting the exact 20 teams. Get all 20 teams correct = 30 points, 19 correct = 19 pts, and so on.

2. (2 pts) for each seed correctly selected, max of 10 points possible. If you have Montana St. as a #2 and they end up being #3, that would be incorrect. The position of the team has to be exact.

3. (2 pts) for opening round pairing selected correctly, as this would be more difficult to predict. 1 extra point for guessing the home team correctly, and An extra two points if the pairing is in the correct spot.

4. (2 pts) for predetermined 2nd round pairing selected correctly (excludes the 1-4 seeds that do not have an opponent determined). Also 1 extra point for guessing the home team correctly and an extra two points if the pairing is in the correct spot.

frozennorth
November 14th, 2012, 12:42 AM
i'm in?

ODU Oldtimer
November 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM
i'm in?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 12:48 AM
i'm in?

Just shared it with ya. You should get an email notification shortly and I will send the link to you in a pm if that doesn't work.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I'm in like Petraeus on his autobiographer... ok maybe not exactly like that but I'm in.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Check your pm's boys.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Done for the night, i will check in tomorrow.

SportsLover
November 14th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Im in

superman7515
November 14th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I'm in like Petraeus on his autobiographer... ok maybe not exactly like that but I'm in.

That's what happens when a general starts taking orders from his privates. But at least the Democrats can finally be correct when they blame bush.

BTW: I'm in.

WileECoyote06
November 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I'm In

That's what happens when a general starts taking orders from his privates. But at least the Democrats can finally be correct when they blame bush.

Best quote I've heard today.

gotts
November 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'm in

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'm in

Sammy94
November 14th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I'm in

MorgantonAPPAlum
November 14th, 2012, 08:10 AM

What is the man-some kind of bizarre contortionist?

bjtheflamesfan
November 14th, 2012, 08:13 AM
count me in ursus

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2012, 08:25 AM
You should sticky this thread.

Bison06
November 14th, 2012, 08:43 AM
What is the man-some kind of bizarre contortionist?

Hahahaha, totally missed that until you said it.

Either that or he is hung like Ron Jeremy.

PAllen
November 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I'm in

TheRevSFA
November 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I'm in

NDSUstudent
November 14th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I'm in

Hambone
November 14th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I'm in

Appattk
November 14th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I'd love to play!

Jacked_Rabbit
November 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I'm in.. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
November 14th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm in!

OldKat95
November 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I'm in.

Samalum'10
November 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM
I'm in

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I'm in

Mattymc727
November 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I'm In

Twentysix
November 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm in.

MarkyMark
November 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I'm in.

Go Apps
November 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Im in

LeeshaJo
November 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm In

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 02:47 PM
----------------------------------------------

Everyone that said they were in up to this point should have a link in their pm's to their sheet that they can go in and place the teams in. You need to have it done by Friday morning cuz I will turn off your edit capability at that point and what you have submitted is your final projection.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
----------------------------------------------

Everyone that said they were in up to this point should have a link in their pm's to their sheet that they can go in and place the teams in. You need to have it done by Friday morning cuz I will turn off your edit capability at that point and what you have submitted is your final projection.

Friday didn't register with me at first. Saturday has the potential to do a lot of damage to conventional wisdom floating around right now.

bluehenbillk
November 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I'm in

NHwildEcat
November 14th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I'm In.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 14th, 2012, 03:18 PM
sign me up

Go Apps
November 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Not sure if mine saved but here you go:)

Bracket I:
Wofford @ Richmond winner at No. 1 NDSU
Illinois State @ E. Illinois

Coastal Carolina @ Bethune winner at No. 4 ASU
N Hampshire @ No. 5 E Washington

Bracket II:
Wagner @ Colgate winner at No. 3 ODU
C Arkansas @ GSU

South Dakota State @ Tenn State winner at No. 2 Mont State
N. Arizona @ Sam Houston State

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Not sure if mine saved but here you go:)

Bracket I:
Wofford @ Richmond winner at No. 1 NDSU
Illinois State @ E. Illinois

Coastal Carolina @ Bethune winner at No. 4 ASU
N Hampshire @ No. 5 E Washington

Bracket II:
Wagner @ Colgate winner at No. 3 ODU
C Arkansas @ GSU

South Dakota State @ Tenn State winner at No. 2 Mont State
N. Arizona @ Sam Houston State

Sorry man, it's either on the sheet or it don't count. I'm not moving people's picks around from one place to the other and so forth.

Easy for to check. Click the link and if they are on it they are in. There really is no save button or anything you just put it on there and that's it. Go check the link in your pm, if you see it, then I see it.

asumike83
November 14th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I'm in.

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Ima in

asucrutch23
November 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I'm in

bkit29
November 14th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I'm in!

Southern Bison
November 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm in.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Ursus - Just curious, how do you plan to grade the "winner". Is having all 20 teams correct the first requirement, regardless of seeding? And then having the seeds correct is the 2nd requirement, and so on? Guess I'm just trying to figure out the grading method you plan to use because I have no life and cannot wait for this Saturday to get here!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM
------------------------------------------------

You should all check pm's cuz link should be waiting for you if you replied before this post.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 14th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Ursus - Just curious, how do you plan to grade the "winner". Is having all 20 teams correct the first requirement, regardless of seeding? And then having the seeds correct is the 2nd requirement, and so on? Guess I'm just trying to figure out the grading method you plan to use because I have no life and cannot wait for this Saturday to get here!

Ursus - we posted at the exact same time, so I'm copying myself so this question doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 06:16 PM

The bracket that most closely reflects the NCAA's bracket that comes out on Sunday will be the winner. That includes pairings etc. and the opening round games which feed into the 1,2,3, & 4 seeds would not have the opponent chosen.

I'm open to any suggestions if y'all have em' as well. We did this last year and I can't really remember if we even "crowned" a projection champ. Just wanted to give you guys a little swag for the effort this time.

MTFan4Life will be running a bracket challenge once these are announced as well for the whole playoffs like last year and I know he has some more solidified scoring for that one.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM
The bracket that most closely reflects the NCAA's bracket that comes out on Sunday will be the winner. That includes pairings etc. and the opening round games which feed into the 1,2,3, & 4 seeds would not have the opponent chosen.

I'm open to any suggestions if y'all have em' as well. We did this last year and I can't really remember if we even "crowned" a projection champ. Just wanted to give you guys a little swag for the effort this time.

MTFan4Life will be running a bracket challenge once these are announced as well for the whole playoffs like last year and I know he has some more solidified scoring for that one.

I can see why a winner was never determined last year, as that seems far to subjective. Tough to decide who's bracket actually looks most like the committee's with so much going on. Here is my suggested criteria for an objective scoring system... Shoot holes in it, make suggestions, etc.

1. (1 pt) for each playoff team correctly selected. Get all 20 teams correct = 20 points, 19 correct = 19 pts, and so on.

2. (1 pt) for each seed correctly selected, max of 5 points possible. If you have Montana St. as a #2 and they end up being #3, that would be incorrect. The position of the team has to be exact.

3. (2 pts) for opening round pairing selected correctly, as this would be more difficult to predict. Both teams have to play one another, and there could be a bonus point for correctly selecting the team that hosts (might be too much work though).

4. (2 pts) for predetermined 2nd round pairing selected correctly (excludes the 1-4 seeds that do not have an opponent determined).

Thoughts?

steelr7
November 14th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm IN

HailSzczur
November 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'll do it

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I can see why a winner was never determined last year, as that seems far to subjective. Tough to decide who's bracket actually looks most like the committee's with so much going on. Here is my suggested criteria for an objective scoring system... Shoot holes in it, make suggestions, etc.

1. (1 pt) for each playoff team correctly selected. Get all 20 teams correct = 20 points, 19 correct = 19 pts, and so on.

2. (1 pt) for each seed correctly selected, max of 5 points possible. If you have Montana St. as a #2 and they end up being #3, that would be incorrect. The position of the team has to be exact.

3. (2 pts) for opening round pairing selected correctly, as this would be more difficult to predict. Both teams have to play one another, and there could be a bonus point for correctly selecting the team that hosts (might be too much work though).

4. (2 pts) for predetermined 2nd round pairing selected correctly (excludes the 1-4 seeds that do not have an opponent determined).

Thoughts?

It was just done last year for some fun so I didn't care about scoring it too much.xlolx

Scoring looks about to me unless someone else sees a flaw that's what we'll go with.

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Don't worry ursus. I have a scoring system for this in mind as well.

Edit: I see I posted this just as you posted your response to jacked. I don't want to step on anyone else's ideas.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
It was just done last year for some fun so I didn't care about scoring it too much.xlolx

Scoring looks about to me unless someone else sees a flaw that's what we'll go with.

We are going to have fun regardless, so let's not just do it for fun... Let's have something we can judge everyone's bracket by!

I'm not saying my suggestion is perfect - just something to get us started. Please feel free to make recommendations/adjustments/other scoring criteria I may have missed/etc...

Hell, I'd even volunteer to do the grading but I'm flying back for the SDSU/USD game this weekend, so I will be far too intoxicated to add 1's and 2's.

WrenFGun
November 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Inzies.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Don't worry ursus. I have a scoring system for this in mind as well.

Edit: I see I posted this just as you posted your response to jacked. I don't want to step on anyone else's ideas.

We are going to have fun regardless, so let's not just do it for fun... Let's have something we can judge everyone's bracket by!

I'm not saying my suggestion is perfect - just something to get us started. Please feel free to make recommendations/adjustments/other scoring criteria I may have missed/etc...

Hell, I'd even volunteer to do the grading but I'm flying back for the SDSU/USD game this weekend, so I will be far too intoxicated to add 1's and 2's.

You two make up the scoring system in pm's and then post it. I'm just collecting data. Just wanted to get this rolling cuz it was getting in a bit of a time crunch. Once you have the details of the scoring let me know and I'll put em' up or you can...I don't care.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 06:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------

Links in pm's up to this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2012, 07:57 PM
BTW, if you request a bracket and I went to the trouble of making it for you then you can do me the common courtesy of filling it out and making me feel like I didn't just let someone waste my time.

If you don't fill it out, don't expect me to give any credence to future requests for such items. Just putting it out there cuz that happened a lot last year.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2012, 09:15 PM
BTW, if you request a bracket and I went to the trouble of making it for you then you can do me the common courtesy of filling it out and making me feel like I didn't just let someone waste my time.

If you don't fill it out, don't expect me to give any credence to future requests for such items. Just putting it out there cuz that happened a lot last year.
Whatever happened to common courtesy these days. xsmhx

Perhaps we need to enlist the help of R Lee Ermey to shape things up around here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_IcL0oqLW4

sgt smash
November 14th, 2012, 09:20 PM
That is Senior Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant Ermey. Marines don't have first names. Only rank and last name or personally degrading nicknames.

Oh yeah, I am in.

CopperCat
November 14th, 2012, 09:51 PM
In like flint. Thanks for doing this ursus!

frozennorth
November 14th, 2012, 09:55 PM
scoring imo:

point for each correct playoffs team.

point for each team that receives a seed.

point for correct identifying individual seeds

2 points for nailing each matchup.

Cincy App
November 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Please count me in...

MTfan4life
November 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Just so you all know, here's how the scoring is going to roll. Also, picks are due Friday. Yeah it may be unfair, but that just makes it much more rewarding if you nail it dead on!

1. (1 pt) for each playoff team correctly selected. Ten bonus points for selecting the exact 20 teams. Get all 20 teams correct = 30 points, 19 correct = 19 pts, and so on.

2. (2 pts) for each seed correctly selected, max of 10 points possible. If you have Montana St. as a #2 and they end up being #3, that would be incorrect. The position of the team has to be exact.

3. (2 pts) for opening round pairing selected correctly, as this would be more difficult to predict. 1 extra point for guessing the home team correctly, and An extra two points if the pairing is in the correct spot.

4. (2 pts) for predetermined 2nd round pairing selected correctly (excludes the 1-4 seeds that do not have an opponent determined). Also 1 extra point for guessing the home team correctly and an extra two points if the pairing is in the correct spot.

jmufan999
November 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I'm in

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 01:05 AM

I like it. How is this unfair though? It's a playoff projection. It would be easy to project it next week.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 01:21 AM
--------------------------------------------

Check your pm's fella's.

GeauxLions94
November 15th, 2012, 01:25 AM
http://inkstarzz.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NOLA_IM_IN.jpg

ITmonarch10
November 15th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I'm in

Catbooster
November 15th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I'm in

Appattk
November 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks for putting this together... I know I'm a big fan of trying to project, so this is right up my alley!

asumike83
November 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry man, it's either on the sheet or it don't count. I'm not moving people's picks around from one place to the other and so forth.

Easy for to check. Click the link and if they are on it they are in. There really is no save button or anything you just put it on there and that's it. Go check the link in your pm, if you see it, then I see it.

Google almost makes it too easy! I use the Google docs all the time, took me a while to get used to not having to save it.

Making the bracket... not so easy. This is tough.

van
November 15th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'm in too.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
-------------------------------------------

As this indicates...anyone above the line should have a personal copy in their pm's to fill in.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Google almost makes it too easy! I use the Google docs all the time, took me a while to get used to not having to save it.

Making the bracket... not so easy. This is tough.

Yeah no doubt about it. Once they took the "Save" button away a couple of years I've spent more time explaining to people that they don't have to do anything but fill in the docs. I even made a phonY "Save" red button on some sheets I use for business stuff that people fill in just to not answer the questions.xlolx

LeeshaJo
November 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Yeah no doubt about it. Once they took the "Save" button away a couple of years I've spent more time explaining to people that they don't have to do anything but fill in the docs. I even made a phonY "Save" red button on some sheets I use for business stuff that people fill in just to not answer the questions.xlolx

I have to admit I searched for a save button, couldn't find it, closed it with my fingers crossed and reopened it before I breathed deep again...lol it was a lot of work and didn't want to have to do it again.

DJnva
November 15th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I'm in. Any thread that doesn't devolve into a back and forth about SHSU has my full support.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I have to admit I searched for a save button, couldn't find it, closed it with my fingers crossed and reopened it before I breathed deep again...lol it was a lot of work and didn't want to have to do it again.

You can also go to the "file" menu on the sheet and go down to "download as" and select "pdf" or several other options if you want to save a pdf of it before exiting, or at any time you might feel like it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM
-------------------------------------------

Done to here. Check your...oh you should know the drill by now.

I will be turning off the edit capabilities on the brackets tomorrow Between 11a and Noon EDT time so you better be done with them by 11a. I won't be making any new forms tomorrow morning so if you want one speak now or forever hold your peace.

Lehigh'98
November 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Im in if you are still doing it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Im in if you are still doing it.

I am, I'll send the links out a bit later tonight when I have several to do at the same time and then close it down tonight.

gotts
November 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I am, I'll send the links out a bit later tonight when I have several to do at the same time and then close it down tonight.

Thanks for running this ursus.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks for running this ursus.

As long as people have interest and play the game it's a ton of fun to do this so it isn't a problem at all.

Big thanks to Jacked and MTFan for taking some of the load on as well.

I looked at a few brackets and a couple of you may have put a single team in more than one slot in the bracket so you better check, then double check to make sure it is how you want it to be. We won't be verifying picks or anything like that so be vigilant in your choices cuz there is no safety net on this one folks.

frozen, I remember yours one of them just so you know. The rest should check as well but it's possible people were just in the process of looking at things and were not done yet but wanted to point it out JIC.

BisonBacker
November 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM
My Picks are in for what thats worth which won't get you a cup of coffee anywhere anytime. But all the same a HUGE THANK YOU to URSUS and anyone else involved in running it. Kudo's my friends!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
http://nflseahawks.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/120726-imin6.jpg?w=620&h=465

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2012, 07:43 PM
-------------------------------------

Links sent.

melloware13
November 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I'm in

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 01:38 AM
That's it, entries are done.

Have those filled out by tomorrow at 1p EDT. I messed the time up earlier cuz I was thinking Mountain so this last post is the one to go by.

DJnva
November 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Holy Crap, that sucked.

Sorry Stony Brook :(

THE HERD
November 16th, 2012, 09:04 AM
So when do we get to see everybodys picks?

asumike83
November 16th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Holy Crap, that sucked.

Sorry Stony Brook :(

I was thinking the same thing... really makes you appreciate how hard the committee's job is. I feel like I left out several deserving teams.

LeeshaJo
November 16th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing... really makes you appreciate how hard the committee's job is. I feel like I left out several deserving teams.

I know I did

Thunderstruck
November 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
im in

cant win the lottery, maybe i can win this?

DJnva
November 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM

I was actually scared that I left out some Top 5 team. Then I'm down to my last slot and I fill in Cal Poly then realize Stony Brook was left out...

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Hell I've changed mine about 20 times till I got the final version now. Still look at it and second guess a lot of it.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Gonna shut the edits in a 1/2 hr. so if you do have any to make then make them right now.

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
That was a lot harder than I thought it would be. So much to consider, can't wait for normal bracket pick'ems, thats more my speed.

GATA_Eagles
November 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm in

DJnva
November 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
So, did everyone match up Wagner and Colgate or was it just me?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Done

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM

I went with Wagner @ Bethune Cookman an Colgate @ Richmond. Colgate literally averages about 2,000 per game. There's no way they put up money to host. They were a seed in '03 and gave up the right to host the semifinal because of money.

sgt smash
November 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM
xbangxxbangxI knew I was forgetting someone when I was filling my bracket out early this morning. Cant believe i forgot Richmond.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Well here's mine I posted it in another thread.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/BisonBacker2012AGSPlayoffProjectionf.jpg

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM
For the record and as I posted in the other thread I think this is what will happen not necessarily what should happen.

DJnva
November 16th, 2012, 01:00 PM
xbangxxbangxI knew I was forgetting someone when I was filling my bracket out early this morning. Cant believe i forgot Richmond.

Well, just root for W&M this weekend and hope it all works out for you :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Bethune Cookman >>>#1 North Dakota State
Wagner

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Illinois State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wofford

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>#5 New Hampshire
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SDSU

Richmond >>>>>>>>>>#4 Eastern Washington
Colgate

Lehigh>>>>>>>>>>>>>#3 Old Dominion
Coastal Carolina

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Georgia Southern
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sam Houston St.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Appalachian State
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Central Arkansas

Northern Arizona>>>>>#2 Montana State
Eastern Illinois

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Since the google doc won't let me enter data - here's my bracket:

E. Illinois>>>>>>#1 Montana St
Wagner

>>>>>>>>>>>>Sam Houston St
>>>>>>>>>>>>N. Arizona

>>>>>>>>>>>>#5 E Washington
>>>>>>>>>>>>Central Arkansas

Stony Brook>>>>#4 North Dakota St
Colgate

Richmond>>>>>#3 Illinois St
Coastal Carolina

>>>>>>>>>>>>App St
>>>>>>>>>>>>New Hampshire

>>>>>>>>>>>>Georgia Southern
>>>>>>>>>>>>South Dakota St

Lehigh>>>>>>>#2 Old Dominion
Bethune-Cookman

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Since the google doc won't let me enter data - here's my bracket:

E. Illinois>>>>>>#1 Montana St
Wagner

>>>>>>>>>>>>Sam Houston St
>>>>>>>>>>>>N. Arizona

>>>>>>>>>>>>#5 E Washington
>>>>>>>>>>>>Central Arkansas

Stony Brook>>>>#4 North Dakota St
Colgate

Richmond>>>>>#3 Illinois St
Coastal Carolina

>>>>>>>>>>>>App St
>>>>>>>>>>>>New Hampshire

>>>>>>>>>>>>Georgia Southern
>>>>>>>>>>>>South Dakota St

Lehigh>>>>>>>#2 Old Dominion
Bethune-Cookman

It would let you enter data up until 1pm EDT which is when I went through and shut them off as per the posts I made on when it would shut down.

Sorry man, they didn't get in on time.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 01:32 PM
The link to see all the projections is in the first post on the thread now.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm in

Sorry GATA, you missed it as well. I stopped making the sheets late last night as per the warning a page or two back.

asumike83
November 16th, 2012, 01:34 PM
A lot of similar brackets on here, will be very interesting to see how accurate they end up being. Here is mine:

http://appstatecentral.com/sites/default/files/bracket.JPG

PAllen
November 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Just missed it, but here's my input for s 'n' giggles (regionalization to the extreme):

1 Old Dominion
Bethune Cookman
Colgate

Appalachian State
Richmond

5 Lehigh
Villanova

4 UNH
Stony Brook
Wagner

3 Montana St
Sam Houston State
Illinois State

Georgia Southern
Central Arkansas

Cal Poly
South Dakota State

2 North Dakota State
Eastern Washington
Eastern Illinois

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
It would let you enter data up until 1pm EDT which is when I went through and shut them off as per the posts I made on when it would shut down.

Sorry man, they didn't get in on time.

That's alright, I'll just win anywayxblehx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Just missed it, but here's my input for s 'n' giggles (regionalization to the extreme):

1 Old Dominion
Bethune Cookman
Colgate

Appalachian State
Richmond

5 Lehigh
Villanova

4 UNH
Stony Brook
Wagner

3 Montana St
Sam Houston State
Illinois State

Georgia Southern
Central Arkansas

Cal Poly
South Dakota State

2 North Dakota State
Eastern Washington
Eastern Illinois

That's alright, I'll just win anywayxblehx

Check your pm's fellas.

HailSzczur
November 16th, 2012, 01:46 PM

1 Old Dominion
Bethune Cookman
Colgate

Appalachian State
Richmond

5 Lehigh
Villanova

4 UNH
Stony Brook
Wagner

3 Montana St
Sam Houston State
Illinois State

Georgia Southern
Central Arkansas

Cal Poly
South Dakota State

2 North Dakota State
Eastern Washington
Eastern Illinois

......Guess thats one way to look at it xcrazyx

I'm having a hard time determining if this is not obvious enough internet sarcasm or a legit bracket.

bluehenbillk
November 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Well I'm the lone dissentor, I'm the ONLY one that didn't pick NDSU as the #1 seed as I think they're going to lose tomorrow. I'll either be in dead last or right out front.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 02:07 PM

That's one of my favorite things about doing these. People want to make the best decisions and that includes the people on the committee if just regular guys on a message board are trying this hard to get it right.

It's a tough thing to do and all the homer whining that is going to go on tomorrow and next week is most likelygoing to be led by people that didn't try this exercise and think they have it all down pat.

MTfan4life
November 16th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I count 38 total brackets. That's a pretty decent total.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
5 Lehigh

I want the soda back that I just spit out.

jmufan999
November 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM
wow, i was planning on doing this tonight, didn't see the 2PM cutoff.

sucks.

frozennorth
November 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM

i had wagner @ lehigh and colgate at richmond

First Round Second Round
NDSU
Richmond
Colgate

Cal Poly
UCA

EWU
SDSU

UNH
Lehigh
Wagner

ODU
CCSU
BCU

App
SHSU

App
Stony Brook

MSU
Ill St
EIU

the second App is supposed to be GSU xoopsx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
i had wagner @ lehigh and colgate at richmond

First Round Second Round
NDSU
Richmond
Colgate

Cal Poly
UCA

EWU
SDSU

UNH
Lehigh
Wagner

ODU
CCSU
BCU

App
SHSU

App
Stony Brook

MSU
Ill St
EIU

the second App is supposed to be GSU xoopsx

I tried to warn ya yesterday.:D

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'M IN! Send the link please.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I'M IN! Send the link please.

sorry man, that all ended last night and the brackets are already up and published.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM
There will be a regular bracket challenge once the committee announces though guys so be ready for that one on Monday after I have the final regular season up and done.xthumbsupx

frozennorth
November 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I tried to warn ya yesterday.:D

!!!!

what?

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2012, 06:59 PM
The joys of enjoying SD vacation this week. Cap it off with the Jacks W over Yotes.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 16th, 2012, 07:46 PM
!!!!

what?

Check pg. 9 there slick. I felt bad about calling you out specifically but wanted to make sure you got the message.

As long as people have interest and play the game it's a ton of fun to do this so it isn't a problem at all.

Big thanks to Jacked and MTFan for taking some of the load on as well.

I looked at a few brackets and a couple of you may have put a single team in more than one slot in the bracket so you better check, then double check to make sure it is how you want it to be. We won't be verifying picks or anything like that so be vigilant in your choices cuz there is no safety net on this one folks.

frozen, I remember yours one of them just so you know. The rest should check as well but it's possible people were just in the process of looking at things and were not done yet but wanted to point it out JIC.

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2012, 05:10 AM
sorry man, that all ended last night and the brackets are already up and published.

oh well, I really didn't want to commit the time for it anyway

Engineer86
November 17th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Just scrolled through the brackets. I screwed up and missed the dealine. It looks like 22 out of 40 include Lehigh. I get the impression that many followed, "what I think will happen" rather than "what I think should" based on the posts over the last week. I did notice that every username associated with App St, (I counted 6) did not include Lehigh.

Honestly, even with a win, I have a hard time arguing Lehigh ahead of (are better than) some at large teams left out, ven if we win today, unless it is a big win like last year. I will watch tomorrow nervously.

PAllen
November 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Also, it is a contest, so group think just means you are one of many. Although not eligible for the prize (think of me as the Old Dominion, or maybe the Georgia State as the case may be, of the competition), if it's close, I'll try to tabulate my score outside of the official contest. I think the bracket will more reflect a flipping of the one I posted (2&3 side switched with 1, 4, &5 side) but I figured no one would have Lehigh with a seed, and there's no way they'll get above a #5. While I highly doubt they'll get it, if LU does somehow pick up the #5 seed, I'm one step up on the competition. For me at least, the teams are right, but the placement in the bracket required a little gamesmanship.

footballer23
November 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I'm in

Doc QB
November 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
i'm in, thx

Catbooster
November 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Ummm....mind if I make a few changes now?

clawman
November 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Can I play with you guys?

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2012, 09:23 AM
i'm in, thx

Can I play with you guys?

I'm in

Just so you guys know, this projection challenge was due Friday morning. If you read through the thread, you'll notice the timeline on one of the pages. It was just much easier to do it this way considering ursus was the guy setting up and sending everyone the links to the brackets and with it being Griz/Cat weekend, he was understandably busy from Friday afternoon til Sunday.

However. There will be a Bracket Challenge for guessing the results and scores of the entire playoffs and that will start after the bracket is released later today.

footballer23
November 18th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Just so you guys know, this projection challenge was due Friday morning. If you read through the thread, you'll notice the timeline on one of the pages. It was just much easier to do it this way considering ursus was the guy setting up and sending everyone the links to the brackets and with it being Griz/Cat weekend, he was understandably busy from Friday afternoon til Sunday.

However. There will be a Bracket Challenge for guessing the results and scores of the entire playoffs and that will start after the bracket is released later today.

Yeah, I got excited and stopped reading. It wasn't until after I posted that I read that part.

Oh well.

HailSzczur
November 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Surprisingly I did a half decent job. Maybe I could get on the committee next year :D Interested to see the final numbers

DJnva
November 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I hit 19 of 20 teams--had Richmond in and Stony Brook out.

Catbooster
November 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM
19 of 20 here too - I had Lehigh in and Wofford out

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I got excited and stopped reading. It wasn't until after I posted that I read that part.

Oh well.

Hey keep your eyes peeled cuz the regular Bracket Challenge will be upcoming tonight or tomorrow. I've got too many irons in the fire right now

ITmonarch10
November 18th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Unless my eye are going bad, I think I went 20 for 20. To bad I got most of the seeds wrong as well as the positions in the bracket.

<------Simple instructions

Week 11 Projection

First Round
Second Round

North Dakota St

E. Illinois

Colgate

Central Arkansas

Illinois St

New Hampshire

South Dakota St.

E. Washington

Wofford

Coastal Carolina

Old Dominion

Stony Brook

Wagner

Appalachian St.

Villanova

Georgia Southern

Sam Houston St

Montana St.

Cal Poly

Bethune-Cookman

Anyone beat 32 points ?

MTfan4life
November 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Final Results
There was a tie for first and the tiebreaker was most correct teams chosen. Both had 18, so the second tiebreaker was most correct seeds chosen. That gave HailSzczur the win.

1 Hail Szczur
2 GoApps
3 ITMonarch10
4 Appattk
4 Bjtheflamesfan
4 Djnva
4 MTfan4life
8 NoDak4Ever
8 ProfessorChaos
10 asucrutch23
11 Lehigh'98
11 WileECoyote06
13 WrenFGun
13 UNHFan@RWU
15 Screamin_Eagle174
16 Hambone
17 bkit29
17 NDSUstudent
19 Catbooster
19 gotts
21 Asumike
21 Southern Bison
21 steelr7
21 van
21 BisonBacker
26 JackedRabbit
26 MarkyMark
26 SportsLover
29 NHWildEcat
29 Thunderstruck
29 Cincy App
32 ODU Oldtimer
32 Go Lehigh TU Owl
32 sgt smash
32 TheRevSFA
36 frozennorth
36 LeeshaJo
38 bluehenbillk

NoDak 4 Ever
November 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Took a flyer on Youngstown as last in instead of SBU. Damn my MVFC bias!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ibleedblue
November 19th, 2012, 12:34 AM
im in!

App1928
November 19th, 2012, 01:02 AM
im in

NHwildEcat
November 19th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Wow, I sucked lol.

WileECoyote06
November 19th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I got Lehigh'd. . .

did I use this incorrectly?

bluehenbillk
November 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Woohoo - last place!!!

HailSzczur
November 19th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Wow, I actually won one of theses. I'm amazed.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2012, 05:52 PM
This thread is being unstuck so if you will want to refer back to it for any reason you probably better go subscribe to it under "thread tools" at the top of the thread.

Congrats to you HailSzczur and do not be afraid to pm me a reminder and shirt size etc.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 20th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hail, Szczur... Nice work! xbowx

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/778/937/RackMultipart.9570.0_crop_340x234.jpg?1261624002

crusader11
November 21st, 2012, 01:17 PM
I'm in.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm in.

You planning on projction the field 3 days after they were announced? Bet you do fairly well with this one!

I'm gonna close this thread to eliminate any confusion or lack of reading the content I think. This was over last Friday at 1p EDT.xlolx