18. Indiana State Sycamores 7-3 1294 18
19. Towson Tigers 6-4 1251 17
20. Richmond Spiders 7-3 1153 20
21. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 7-3 1046 16
22. Eastern Kentucky Colonels 8-3 750 22
23. Tennessee State Tigers 8-2 450 24
24. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 8-2 423 NR
24. Eastern Illinois Panthers 7-3 423 NR

Others receiving votes: Colgate 213, Samford 200, Albany 136, Sacramento State 90, UT Martin 75, Arkansas-Pine Bluff 52, Harvard 43, Youngstown State 40, Wagner 29, McNeese State 28, Missouri State 24, Northern Iowa 22, Lilberty 21, The Citadel 20, Delaware 17, Southern Utah 16, Penn 15, Southern Illinois 13, Rhode Island 13, Chattanooga 7, Coastal Carolina 3, Alabama A&M 3, Alabama State 2, Drake 2, North Carolina A&T 2, San Diego 1, Jacksonville 1

BEAR
November 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Finally...the Bears break the alusive #10 spot in all three polls..xrotatehx

ecasadoSBU
November 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Stony Brook should safely make it into the playoffs with a top 12 ranking in the FCS Poll. If not I'll be pissed!

bluehenbillk
November 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Continuing the season-long trend - not as good as the AGS Poll.

Richmond is too low at #20 while Lehigh & Stony Brook are over-rated.

dgreco
November 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Rhode Island with 13 votes?

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 12th, 2012, 12:21 PM
JMU is about 10 spots too high.

ecasadoSBU
November 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM

Even though SBU is going to the CAA next year...

...the attitude of fans towards teams outside of the Power conferences is sickening. Stony Brook could beat any team out there. they *****ed up on a single game and now everyone goes around saying they are undeserving simply because they are in the Big South.

I hate the BCS due to the built-in bias of the power conferences but now I realize most fans of the FCS have the same attitude... bummer

ITmonarch10
November 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Stony Brook should safely make it into the playoffs with a top 12 ranking in the FCS Poll. If not I'll be pissed!
If you do make it into the playoff someone else is going to be pissed. You Know just as well as anyone else that Coastal Carolina doesn't belong in the playoffs.

ecasadoSBU
November 12th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Coastal might not belong in the playoffs. But we do. Our team messed up badly in a single game while playing great all season long without a bye week. They deserve to play!

FargoBison
November 12th, 2012, 12:26 PM
While SBU is going to the CAA next year

the attitude of fans towards teams outside of the Power conferences is sickening. Stony Brook could beat any team out there. they *****ed up on a single game and now everyone goes around saying they are undeserving simply because they are in the Big South.

I hate the BCS due to the built-in bias of the power conferences but now I realize most fans of the FCS have the same attitude... bummer

Well SBU is certainly more deserving than Lehigh, you just better hope the committee sees it that way. There is a chance some very good teams will be left out this year.

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM

...the attitude of fans towards teams outside of the Power conferences is sickening. Stony Brook could beat any team out there. they *****ed up on a single game and now everyone goes around saying they are undeserving simply because they are in the Big South.

Stony Brook has 1 thing going against them getting in their year...LIBERTY...that is a BAD Loss to end the season and no way to wipe the taste out of the committee's mouth next week...

Jacked_Rabbit
November 12th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I understand why it has to happen, but it is slightly annoying when your team loses a hard-fought contest by 3 points on the road vesus the #1 ranked team in the nation and drops 5 spots in the rankings... I realize we shouldn't move UP, but it is also hard to move a team down in that circumstance.

ITmonarch10
November 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
While SBU is going to the CAA next year

the attitude of fans towards teams outside of the Power conferences is sickening. Stony Brook could beat any team out there. they *****ed up on a single game and now everyone goes around saying they are undeserving simply because they are in the Big South.

Stony Brook deserves to be in the conversation for at large. You will probably finish #12 but about #25 in the computers and most definitely beat out the 4th team from the MVFC, Big Sky, or CAA.

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2012, 12:30 PM
JMU is about 10 spots too high.

I strongly disagree but clearly it should be Nova, UR, then JMU in the polls...

And if we are too high, how bout those Engineers???

Pard4Life
November 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Without question SBU is a playoff team today. Lehigh partisans may harp on me, but lose to LC and no playoffs. Their own local paper even admitted it.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I have feeling that Lafayette might be the most popular team in the FCS this week.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 12th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I strongly disagree but clearly it should be Nova, UR, then JMU in the polls...

And if we are too high, how bout those Engineers???

Richmond has beaten both Villanova (at Villanova) and JMU. They should be ahead of both of them.

I don't know if Lehigh or JMU is a better team because they haven't played but the results on the field indicate the CAA pecking order.

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Without question SBU is a playoff team today. Lehigh partisans may harp on me, but lose to LC and no playoffs. Their own local paper even admitted it.

Clearly with SOS and style points, these are not in Lehigh's favor. Plus to end the season with 2 losses? Would look like the team is heading in the wrong direction...

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Richmond has beaten both Villanova (at Villanova) and JMU. They should be ahead of both of them.

I don't know if Lehigh or JMU is a better team because they haven't played but the results on the field indicate the CAA pecking order.

replied to this on the other thread but I missed that. The only thing I hold above the H2H in this regard is Nova's win @ ODU. To me, that has been the trump card...

Drblankstare
November 12th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I have feeling that Lafayette might be the most popular team in the FCS this week.

This is very true, alot hinges on Lehigh this week. Ind St fans better cheer hard for Lafayette.

ITmonarch10
I understand why it has to happen, but it is slightly annoying when your team loses a hard-fought contest by 3 points on the road vesus the #1 ranked team in the nation and drops 5 spots in the rankings... I realize we shouldn't move UP, but it is also hard to move a team down in that circumstance. You aren't named YSU, UNI, or NDSU and you won your games against tough opponents when they were not ranked high. The changing of the guard typically doesn't favor the conference in polls.

BigHouseClosedEnd
replied to this on the other thread but I missed that. The only thing I hold above the H2H in this regard is Nova's win @ ODU. To me, that has been the trump card...

That was a highly impressive win by Villanova at ODU. I can't deny it.

But we played Villanova and we beat them by 10 points on their field. This really isn't rocket science.

HailSzczur
November 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
6 CAA teams....not too shabby. It just seems so weird that in the standings it ODU/JMU>Nova>Richmond/Towson, when Nova beat ODU and JMU and lost to Richmond and Towson.

Polling ain't easy

JMUNJ08
November 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM

But we played Villanova and we beat them by 10 points on their field. This really isn't rocket science.

Niether is my opinion or having a valid defense... Just take care of business this weekend and you should be in...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM

Get used to it. Lehigh fans have been hearing about it for 15+ years.

asumike83
November 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM
San Diego, Jacksonville, NC A&T, Rhode Island and Missouri State all received votes in this poll... xbangx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2012, 12:45 PM

Lose and they derserve to be out. Win on their rivals homefield to finish 10-1 and they deserve to be in.

FargoBison
November 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM
San Diego, Jacksonville, NC A&T, Rhode Island and Missouri State all received votes in this poll... xbangx

I really hope that Missouri State vote was meant for Montana State.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'm glad Temple played Nova when we did. I'm not sure we would beat the 'Cats right now. Then again, it's hoops season so who really cares....

SpeedkingATL
November 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM

How do you explain Rhode Island getting points in the poll? How can you confuse them with any other team based on name?? I can't think of another team you can confuse them with.

darell1976
November 12th, 2012, 01:02 PM

UNI is still getting votes too. I guess when you are a household name losing games doesn't matter to some pollsters.

bluehenbillk
November 12th, 2012, 01:03 PM

Don't get me wrong - I think SBU is a good team - I just believe that the ranking they've received all year in the AGS Poll is more closely bound with reality than the TSN Poll. I had SBU myself at #18 this week for full disclosure.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Lol that URI vote better be intended for Richmond.

UNIFanSince1983
November 12th, 2012, 01:14 PM
So we get more votes than SIU huh? They have a better record and beat us head to head. I guess we still carry a lot of cache with the voters...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ecasadoSBU
November 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Don't get me wrong - I think SBU is a good team - I just believe that the ranking they've received all year in the AGS Poll is more closely bound with reality than the TSN Poll. I had SBU myself at #18 this week for full disclosure.

You do realize Stony Brook is ranked 13th in AGS poll this week right? One spot below the TSN poll...

appfan2008
November 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
proud of the mountaineers for finally getting back in the top 10 with a great turn around to the season

VUCats02
November 12th, 2012, 01:43 PM

Since when does head to head alone determine who is a better team when it comes to final rankings? Never. Not in football, not in basketball, not in women's cross country.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Since when does head to head alone determine who is a better team when it comes to final rankings? Never. Not in football, not in basketball, not in women's cross country.

Its some wacko theory select fans employ when it hurts teams they dislike.

bluehenbillk
November 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
You do realize Stony Brook is ranked 13th in AGS poll this week right? One spot below the TSN poll...

Yes I do. I'm consistent and have to draw the line somewhere. Each & every week I post the teams I feel are ranked too high & too low. My criteria is a +/-5 margin of error. If a team is ranked more than 5 spots ahead or below my poll I list them as over- or under-rated.

As I do each week, here's the correct (my) poll:
1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Montana State Bobcats
3: Sam Houston State Bearkats
4: Old Dominion Monarchs
5: Eastern Washington Eagles
6: Georgia Southern Eagles
7: New Hampshire Wildcats
8: Central Arkansas Bears
9: Illinois State Redbirds
10: Wofford Terriers
11: Appalachian State Mountaineers
12: Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
13: Richmond Spiders
14: Cal Poly Mustangs
15: Indiana State Sycamores
16: Villanova Wildcats
17: James Madison Dukes
18: Stony Brook Seawolves
19: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
20: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
21: Towson Tigers
22: Samford Bulldogs
23: Eastern Illinois Panthers
24: Tennessee State Tigers
25: Eastern Kentucky Colonels

deez_na
November 12th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Sorry but I don't think Stony Brook could beat any team out there period. They could compete with a lot of top teams but teams like NDSU, Georgia Southern, maybe Montana St. they wouldn't stand a chance.

URMite
November 12th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Lol that URI vote better be intended for Richmond.

UR or URI? We could use those 13 pts. It puts us that much closer to being the 5th highest ranked team in the CAA instead of 6th.

WileECoyote06
November 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Sorry but I don't think Stony Brook could beat any team out there period. They could compete with a lot of top teams but teams like NDSU, Georgia Southern, maybe Montana St. they wouldn't stand a chance.

And those are teams who've been in the running for a seed all year (GSU is under scrutiny). It follows that those three teams will give most of the playoff teams not from their conference a sound beating. Truthfully, there are only about five teams who can realistically get to the national championship game. That means there are fifteen others who are there to do as well as possible and enjoy the ride.

LEHIGH61
November 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Without question SBU is a playoff team today. Lehigh partisans may harp on me, but lose to LC and no playoffs. Their own local paper even admitted it.Of course, Lehigh will not make it if they lose to such inferior opposition. Any fool would know that. But a 10-1 team should make it. Despite questionable consistency, LEHIGH IS A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM AND SJOULDN'T BE TAKEN SO LIGHTLY BY THE UNIFORMED. WE'LL BE OUT TO PROVE THAT WITHOUT A DOUBT AGAINST LlAFAYETTE.

knucklehead
November 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM
2 things. WHAT A HUGE WIN! LU getting 21 votes at 5-5 --- Sweet xlolx.

Second... Stony Brook fans need to be ready for the same lack of respect and lack of love from the committee that LU has gotten for years. It stinks to be in the BSC and at the mercy of a committee who loves the "power conferences". LU AD Jeff Barber will be your friend, but I doubt it will be enough to get in. If you do, I will SMH.

OH yea, a thinr thing. GO CSU --- BEAT COASTAL!!!!xbowx

robsnotes4u
November 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I understand why it has to happen, but it is slightly annoying when your team loses a hard-fought contest by 3 points on the road vesus the #1 ranked team in the nation and drops 5 spots in the rankings... I realize we shouldn't move UP, but it is also hard to move a team down in that circumstance.

i live in Fargo, and I totally agree, the 4th down penalty at the end giving the Bison a 1st down instead of kicking a field goal was huge. The pollsters must no watch the games. Not that it matters, but the Bison have been struggling, and lucky to win a couple of the last few games. They shouldn't be number 1. Top 5 yes, #1 no. The offense is a mess, just a question if the defense can keep playing like they are.

Hats of to SDSU in a Great Game, and if the Bison are #1 you should be in the top 5 or 6.

#1 Should be Montana State. This is going to be a great playoff season with no clear cut favorite. Good luck to everyone.

gotts
November 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Of course, Lehigh will not make it if they lose to such inferior opposition. Any fool would know that. But a 10-1 team should make it. Despite questionable consistency, LEHIGH IS A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM AND SJOULDN'T BE TAKEN SO LIGHTLY BY THE UNIFORMED. WE'LL BE OUT TO PROVE THAT WITHOUT A DOUBT AGAINST LlAFAYETTE.

Point taken, but what do the uniformed have to do with this?

World
November 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Lose and they derserve to be out. Win on their rivals homefield to finish 10-1 and they deserve to be in.

This pretty much sums it up for Lehigh

LEHIGH61
November 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Point taken, but what do the uniformed have to do with this?LOL I meant uninformed - Bison types.

Engineer86
November 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM

I absolutely agree with you this time

ngineer
November 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I fully agree. If we lose to the Leotards we do not deserve to be in the playoffs even at 9-2. However, I believe we will win and win convincingly. SBU loss by two TD's to Liberty will be compared to Lehigh's win at the same very difficult venue. Although, I acknowledge SBU beat Colgate by 1 pt early in the season. On balance, I think the Committee goes with results in more recent games. No easy decisions, but no reason to bitch either if your team hasn't gotten the job done in winning AQ and leaving it up to a Committee. You have made your own bed.

smallcollegefbfan
November 12th, 2012, 10:22 PM

It's not an attitude. It's just that when your team faces a top 25 caliber team every week you feel like your more battle tested than one who has not faced a top 25 team at all. I think SBU has the talent to hang with anyone but I'll be interested to see how they do in their first year in the CAA. My guess is 6-5 next year but they recruit better and are contending within three years.

The good thing about FCS is we have playoffs so we will find out in two weeks just how good SBU is. If they win in the playoffs they will earn respect in the preseason polls. Look at Montana and how they were rated pretty high this year despite so many questions. The big reason for that is the credibility they have built up over the years. Once SBU does that they will also receive the same type of respect among voters.

clawman
November 12th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Well, if their local paper said it it damn sure is true.

WrenFGun
November 13th, 2012, 06:14 AM

It has nothing to do with who they could or could not beat. It has everything to do with who they've lost to and what conference they play in. Their resume isn't as good as the teams above them.

danefan
November 13th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I fully agree. If we lose to the Leotards we do not deserve to be in the playoffs even at 9-2. However, I believe we will win and win convincingly. SBU loss by two TD's to Liberty will be compared to Lehigh's win at the same very difficult venue. Although, I acknowledge SBU beat Colgate by 1 pt early in the season. On balance, I think the Committee goes with results in more recent games. No easy decisions, but no reason to bitch either if your team hasn't gotten the job done in winning AQ and leaving it up to a Committee. You have made your own bed.

EXACTLY!