PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Seeds

kalm
November 11th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Could be a couple, but I'm having some trouble seeing how EWU isn't the front runner for the highest seed. Looking for some non-homer opinions on who deserves them and who gets the higher seed.

Montana State: With a win at Montana finishes 10-1. Best win: Sacramento State. Only loss: EWU. Did not play NAU or Cal Poly this season. DII win on the schedule

NAU: Beats Cal Poly at home and finishes 9-2. Best win: UNLV. Losses: Arizona State and SUU. Did not play EWU or Montana State. DII win on the schedule

Cal Poly: Wins at NAU and finishes 9-2. Best win: Wyoming. Losses: EWU and Sacramento State. Did not play Montana State this year. All DI schedule.

EWU: Wins at Portland State and finishes 9-2. Best win: Montana State/Idaho. Losses: Washington State and SUU: Did not play NAU this year. All DI schedule.

So assuming MSU and EWU win this week and one other BSC team will finish 9-2, who gets which seed?

bojeta
November 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that, if we finish with three 9-2 teams, EWU will get the Auto-bid and be seeded. If EWU were to lose and MSU wins, MSU get the top spot. EWU, and MSU both lose, then the winner of the Cal Poly vs NAU game gets it by virtue of winning the Big Sky outright.

MTfan4life
November 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM
It's not always purely about resume. It also has to do with the level of football each team has played the month leading up to the playoffs. Montana State has been playing some pretty outstanding football lately. Eastern had their impressive win over Cal Poly, but also has made sure and kept games close. Cal Poly was in a little bit of a tail spin, but luckily they had the never fail team fixer upper game against Idaho State. Northern A has looked shaky at best. I think Eastern is eying down a 4-5 seed right now and Montana State could possibly be in that 2-3 range, and that's coming from a Griz-lifer, so definitely no homerism, just honest interpretation. I'd be very surprised if either of the other two teams pulls out a seed.

Appattk
November 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Montana State and EWU will both get seeds... More than likely #2 and #3..

Twentysix
November 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Montana State and EWU will both get seeds... More than likely #2 and #3..

Putting NDSU and ODU in 1 and 4 in which order?

Appattk
November 11th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Putting NDSU and ODU in 1 and 4 in which order?

NDSU at #1 and ODU at #4... #5's the hard one...

frozennorth
November 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
NDSU at #1 and ODU at #4... #5's the hard one...

UNH if they win.

Appattk
November 11th, 2012, 08:11 PM
UNH if they win.

I'd like to see another East Coast seed (if we can really call the #5 seed a "real" seed)..

But there's a few up for it... UNH, SHSU, GSU...

dudeitsaid
November 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that, if we finish with three 9-2 teams, EWU will get the Auto-bid and be seeded. If EWU were to lose and MSU wins, MSU get the top spot. EWU, and MSU both lose, then the winner of the Cal Poly vs NAU game gets it by virtue of winning the Big Sky outright.

If EWU and MSU both lose, I don't know that any of the Big Sky teams get a seed. Personally, I would doubt it.

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM
UNH if they win.

I think UNH's computer ratings and SoS are way too low to get a seed. I can't remember a team outside of or barely in Sagarin's top 25 getting a seed.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 12th, 2012, 01:01 AM
I think the Big Sky will get the 2 and 4 seeds. I obviously am a homer, but I think MSU gets 2 as we've been playing very well the last few games. If EWU somehow loses this week they shouldn't even get a first round bye, Portland State isn't very good at all. I don't think either NAU or Cal Poly deserve a seed, and only the winner of their game gets into the playoffs.

dudeitsaid
November 12th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I think the Big Sky will get the 2 and 4 seeds. I obviously am a homer, but I think MSU gets 2 as we've been playing very well the last few games. If EWU somehow loses this week they shouldn't even get a first round bye, Portland State isn't very good at all. I don't think either NAU or Cal Poly deserve a seed, and only the winner of their game gets into the playoffs.

Agree on all points. Of course, I would add that if MSU loses to the Griz, they wouldn't get a seed either.

robsnotes4u
November 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I think EWU gets the Automatic bid, and no seed with MSU getting a #2 seed, unless NDSU gets beat this weekend. NDSU has got lucky as of late and their offense is struggling. If they didn't win it all last year they wouldn't be #1.

Griz_are_Beta_AF
November 12th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Agree on all points. Of course, I would add that if MSU loses to the Griz, they wouldn't get a seed either.

Yeah, absolutely. If we lose this week, we wont get a seed.

344Johnson
November 12th, 2012, 06:41 PM
NDSU has got lucky as of late and their offense is struggling. If they didn't win it all last year they wouldn't be #1.

I'd say we have been unlucky more than lucky but everyone sees things differently.

Walkon79
November 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM

No argument here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frozennorth
November 14th, 2012, 03:10 AM
i have msu 2 and ewu 5. ndsu 1 odu 3 unh 4, presuming everyone wins.

profisme
November 14th, 2012, 07:41 AM
i have msu 2 and ewu 5. ndsu 1 odu 3 unh 4, presuming everyone wins.

If EWU wins, I don't know how UNH would have a higher seed. EWU has one 1-AA loss and a very good win over MSU in Bozeman. IMO, it will be 1.) NDSU 2.) MSU 3.) ODU 4.) EWU 5.) GSU

I don't discount the fact that UNH will have won the CAA which perennially is a great conference, but I don't see them getting a seed. The same goes for SHSU this year. Their GPI is great but they will likely only end up with 7 D-1 wins and their conference doesn't have much depth. That isn't to say that SHSU isn't a very good team, but they screwed the pooch in losing to UCA this year and scheduling Baylor, A&M, and a DII.