PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh, Part II

UNH Fanboi
November 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
The last Lehigh poll generated some good discussion, so let's try another one.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
If they win next week they'll be in. The power conference fans can whine but it won't matter. Street cred and 10 D1 wins will carry them.

It will be interesting to see how they respond against LC.

LehighGuy
November 10th, 2012, 03:57 PM
The poll, as written, is just meaningless bait for a subjective argument. How about "Will the committee give 10-1 Lehigh an at-large bid?"

LEHIGH61
November 10th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Theyshould, or heads will roll. LOL

Southsider
November 10th, 2012, 04:03 PM
The poll, as written, is just meaningless bait for a subjective argument. How about "Will the committee give 10-1 Lehigh an at-large bid?"

Should they get one? Probably not. Will they get one? Probably! Maybe even a 1st round game at Goodman. Boy, would that piss some people off!! BTW, Lafayette got beat up pretty good today.(physically) And sadly, their young QB's Dad is in ICU after suffering a stroke. Let's hope everyone rebounds for next week!

UNH Fanboi
November 10th, 2012, 04:03 PM

Since when are we not allowed to have subjective discussions on this forum? I am sure over the next two weeks there will be numerous discussions about whether certain teams should be in the playoffs. Go ahead and start your own poll if you want to ask whether Lehigh will make the playoffs.

ITmonarch10
November 10th, 2012, 04:06 PM
If they win next week they'll be in. The power conference fans can whine but it won't matter. Street cred and 10 D1 wins will carry them.

It will be interesting to see how they respond against LC.

It not about whether or not lehigh gets in or not. It about whether or not lehigh deserves to be in or not. I'm pissed because you chose this game of all games to choke.

Go...gate
November 10th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yes.

Southsider
November 10th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Montana St - 59
Portland State - 7

2nd Qtr........Yea, the PL just doesn't belong........

Sammy94
November 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
10-1 most likely but let them come to Huntsville in the first round and see why they shouldn't be.

Sam_Kats
November 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, they get in but NO SEED. Don't talk to me about # of wins. They're not a Top 10 team. We'll take them @ Bowers.

LehighU11
November 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Nope. Had UTC upset Wofford, then possibly. Too many deserving teams from the CAA, Big Sky, SoCon, and MVFC. Those should all get at least 3 teams in, plus the 2 out of the Southland will knock out any chance for Lehigh. Fact of the matter is, this is a poorly coached football team that cannot put together a 45 minute effort, let alone a 60 minute one. Today, LU had possession for just 15 minutes. Only 36 yards of offense in the second half up until the last minute of garbage time against one of the worst defenses in recent Patriot League memory. To be fair, Colgate is better than their loss to 1-9 USD and has developed into a playoff worthy team out of a non-power conference. However, when your league champion was the lone win for a power conference's worst and otherwise winless team, you don't deserve another bid--even at 10-1. Lehigh's Cinderella run has ended and we'll be lucky to win next week at Lafayette.

Neighbor2
November 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Beating Lafayette is the REAL priority. If the playoff invite comes, I'll see it as a curiosity....and hold my breath.

LuckyKat
November 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
10-1 most likely but let them come to Huntsville in the first round and see why they shouldn't be.

WAHAHAHAHHAH!

RichH2
November 10th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Even at 10-1, we will be lucky to get in. . No shot at seed.

Southsider
November 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Day not a total loss, Bama looks like they are going down! I hate Saban..........

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
IMVHO, Liberty's 28-14 win over Stony Brook helps Lehigh's at-large chances.

In addition to winning against Lafayette (a must), Lehigh is also a huge ODU fan next weekend.

LehighU11
November 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
IMVHO, Liberty's 28-14 win over Stony Brook helps Lehigh's at-large chances.

In addition to winning against Lafayette (a must), Lehigh is also a huge ODU fan next weekend.

Committee will have a very tough decision. The PL and Big South are comparable in strength. I agree that the outcomes for both teams at Liberty is the best metric, but Stony Brook's home win against Colgate and good 1-1 performance against Army (though a bad FBS team) and Syracuse might look better than Lehigh's underwhelming wins against the NEC, Ivies, and PL.

Mattymc727
November 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
No way. The Patriot and the Big South should only have 1 team from each in the playoffs this year. Unfortunatly for Lehigh, Colgate punched their ticket today. Lehigh has nobody to blame but themselves.

DSUrocks07
November 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Lehigh has been treading on thin ice all season. They had little margin for error thanks to their schedule. They still have a shot but a close game against Lafayette may put the nail in the coffin.