PDA

View Full Version : Mocs look to buck the trend in Spatanburg

chattownmocs
November 8th, 2012, 08:35 AM
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/20021063/mocs-face-tough-to-tackle-breitenstein-amidst-title-chase

chattownmocs
November 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I don't buy into the SOCON title hype. A piece of the title is nice, but there is only one real champion and everyone else is 1b. But apparently our team does, will Wofford be able to match the Mocs?

pbr1893
November 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM
you dont buy into it because your team hasnt been champions since you were born. but, if you were outright champions, you'd be tooting that chattanooga choo choo horn...that im sure of.

Apphole
November 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Go Chatty! Win the SoCon auto bid! for App

GlassOnion
November 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Shhh. Dont let them know this game matters, or they'll choke...

walliver
November 8th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I hope we will have a QB ready to play.

We may just have to line up with EB in the wildcat and run it every down.

walliver
November 8th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I don't buy into the SOCON title hype. A piece of the title is nice, but there is only one real champion and everyone else is 1b. But apparently our team does, will Wofford be able to match the Mocs?

In the end, though, just about everybody buys in to it. ASU fans will talk about their long string of championships, but conveniently leave out the fact that they did not always get the auto bid. FU will give you a long list of championships, many of them from an era when SoCon schools didn't play each other every year.

Yes, I agree that an outright championship is more satisfying, but looking back at past seasons, tied championships will be seen as championships (and the other "co-champions" forgotten)

asumike83
November 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I like Chattanooga in this game. Wofford is banged up and the Mocs are playing good football. Crazy to think that they could miss the playoff all together after being in the top five just last week.

chattownmocs
November 8th, 2012, 10:59 AM
you dont buy into it because your team hasnt been champions since you were born. but, if you were outright champions, you'd be tooting that chattanooga choo choo horn...that im sure of.

No, because I don't consider a co-champ to be THE champ. The fact that it has been so long for Chattanooga would seem to make me embrace a co-champ which I won't do. So leave the hypocritical statements at home man.

SpeedkingATL
November 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Go Mocs!!! (Think I'll go throw up now).

blueballs
November 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Having seen both of these teams play in person against a common opponent just a couple of weeks apart, IMO Wofford really has their hands full.

IMO this will be a low scoring, defensive struggle. Chatty is a two man team on offense and Wofford will be able to get pressure and disrupt Huessman and Robinson. Wofford is slow offensively for an option team. They will have a real hard time with Chatty and IMO will have to trick them to score because they won't outphysical them or out run them.

Turnovers are likely to determine the outcome.... IMO this is a pick 'em game.

Waco Kid
November 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM
OK UTC, for once in your life don't choke in a big game.

Chattown- No you won't be THE champion but you should be thrilled to have a chance at sharing the crown. Your team was left for dead a few weeks ago, and they have fought back to at least have a shot. Considerng how long its been since UTC was even in the discussion to win the SoCon you should be rejoicing.

Apphole
November 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
OK UTC, for once in your life don't choke in a big game.

Chattown- No you won't be THE champion but you should be thrilled to have a chance at sharing the crown. Your team was left for dead a few weeks ago, and they have fought back to at least have a shot. Considerng how long its been since UTC was even in the discussion to win the SoCon you should be rejoicing.

Anything short of an NFC championship is a disappointment for the Mocs.

BisonFan02
November 8th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Western Carolina /thread.....to be serious, I am kinda curious to see how this next week goes for the Mocs.

Mountaineer#96
November 9th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Nooga, just win one for your daddy's to the east!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I want the SoCon to get 3 teams in. Go Ankle Biters!

chattownmocs
November 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
What if App State loses to Furman and Chattanooga wins out and it is just GSU and Chattanooga at 6-2. Are they really going to stick with this silly little 7 "d1" win guideline?

blueballs
November 9th, 2012, 12:02 PM
What if App State loses to Furman and Chattanooga wins out and it is just GSU and Chattanooga at 6-2. Are they really going to stick with this silly little 7 "d1" win guideline?

GSU would get the autobid and Chatty would most likely be on the outside looking in with 7 D-1 wins. This is a peculiar year as it seems there will be enough teams with 8 D-1 wins to fill out the bracket so all 7 D-1 win teams may be left at home.

Based on what I saw in person two weeks ago I doubt very seriously that there are 20 better teams in FCS right now than Chatty but there will likely be 20 teams with 8 D-1 wins. That D-2 game is a killer.

GATA
November 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM

Probably...yes.

SpeedkingATL
November 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
For the record, the Chatty vs Wofford game is listed as televised on ESPN3 so many of you should be able to get it on your computer if you so desire. I know I'll watch it up to the start of the App vs Furple game. You can also view it later via replay if you wish.

millwoga1
November 9th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Kass, Legrand, Johnson, and Cantrell all expected to play

theasushow
November 9th, 2012, 04:19 PM
good ole "spatanburg".

utcfan
November 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I would be happy for the Mocs to share the championship. Of course sole possession of 1st better, but not a option. Starting LB Gunner Miller will be out for todays game vs Wofford.