PDA

View Full Version : Texas St. turns to Wasson

TexasTerror
August 10th, 2006, 05:56 AM
The Houston Chronicle tour of the area continues today with the I-AA semifinalists from San Marcos, Texas...Texas State. The article mainly talks about Chase Wasson taking over the helm for Barrick Nealy, the quarterback who led the 'Cats to their first I-AA playoff berth. Mentions the loss of all those seniors, but the fact their is optimism in San Marcos that the best is yet to come...

Best of luck to Wasson, Bailiff and the Bobcats this year...

Texas St. turns to Wasson
QB has tough act to follow for I-AA semifinalists

By RONNIE TURNER
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Chase Wasson knew it was only a matter of time before he would have another chance to run the show.

The Texas State junior quarterback spent two seasons as an understudy to Barrick Nealy, who led the Bobcats to an 11-3 record and a share of the 2005 Southland Conference championship en route to being named SLC Player of the Year.

Wasson, a Southlake Carroll product, started four games as a redshirt freshman in 2004 when Nealy went down with an injury and saw some action as the backup last season while playing wide receiver, picking up valuable lessons and experience along the way.

With Nealy having moved on to give professional football a try, Wasson is back at the helm.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4106716.html

blackfordpu
August 10th, 2006, 08:41 AM
The Houston Chronicle tour of the area continues today with the I-AA semifinalists from San Marcos, Texas...Texas State. The article mainly talks about Chase Wasson taking over the helm for Barrick Nealy, the quarterback who led the 'Cats to their first I-AA playoff berth. Mentions the loss of all those seniors, but the fact their is optimism in San Marcos that the best is yet to come...

Best of luck to Wasson, Bailiff and the Bobcats this year...

Texas St. turns to Wasson
QB has tough act to follow for I-AA semifinalists

By RONNIE TURNER
Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Chase Wasson knew it was only a matter of time before he would have another chance to run the show.

The Texas State junior quarterback spent two seasons as an understudy to Barrick Nealy, who led the Bobcats to an 11-3 record and a share of the 2005 Southland Conference championship en route to being named SLC Player of the Year.

Wasson, a Southlake Carroll product, started four games as a redshirt freshman in 2004 when Nealy went down with an injury and saw some action as the backup last season while playing wide receiver, picking up valuable lessons and experience along the way.

With Nealy having moved on to give professional football a try, Wasson is back at the helm.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4106716.html

You don't really mean that do you?:confused: ;) :)

chrisattsu
August 10th, 2006, 09:28 AM

Wow, that was kinda my thought too.

Good Luck to Whitten and the Bearkats as well...

TexasTerror
August 10th, 2006, 04:17 PM

It's season preview time...

I can wish them good luck, because I want the SLC to suceed as a whole. Once we step on the field with the 'Cats, I want to get that 'W', but I think it's very appropriate to wish everyone luck on their season (especially in the injury department -- so no excuses when the Kats with a 'K' beat the San Marcos felines)...

carney2
August 10th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Can this guy do the kneel down thing?

TexasTerror
August 10th, 2006, 08:20 PM

Depends on how much confidence his coach has in his two minute drill practice...:nod:

Cat79
August 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
The Cats have 32 returning lettermen and some talented I-A transfers. I look forward to this season.:D :hurray:

TxState_GO_CATS!
August 11th, 2006, 12:31 AM
shhhh!!!!!!!! everyone thinks we lost our entire team.

McNeese75
August 11th, 2006, 08:26 AM
shhhh!!!!!!!! everyone thinks we lost our entire team.

No not the entire team, but the main cogs:nod:

Bobcat94
August 11th, 2006, 09:50 AM

I don't care who you are, that's funny!xlolx

Cat79
August 11th, 2006, 09:53 PM
No not the entire team, but the main cogs:nod:

We will be a lot better than you expect.:D

blackfordpu
August 11th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Yea, thats what we thought last season too. We all know how that turned out.:o :p :)

kats89
August 11th, 2006, 10:18 PM
The Cats have 32 returning lettermen and some talented I-A transfers. I look forward to this season.:D :hurray:

YAWN!:rolleyes: xcoffeex

Sam Houston returns 48 lettermen and 16 starters.!!

McNeese75
August 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM

I doubt it. And by that I mean I do not expect you to be bad, but I just do not think you are going to have the tools to get an auto bid out of the conference this year. :twocents:

Cat79
August 11th, 2006, 11:31 PM
I am feeling pretty confident right now. I know what talent is left. I have been following this program since 1977. Our coach has recruited the best talent we have ever had. The returning 36 lettermen and the new recruits lead me to think we will be in the hunt again. I am willing to predict a 8 win and 3 loss record.:D :hurray:

PantherRob82
August 12th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I don't care who you are, that's funny!xlolx

I still have a hard time not laughing out loud at the thought of the video clip they kept playing of that guy in the crowd over and over.