PDA

View Full Version : GSU vs. Navy!!!

Blueandwhitefightfight
August 10th, 2006, 12:15 AM
That's right, no lie. Just when we thought we would never see a GSU game that involved the triple-option, we are proved wrong. GSU will be playing Navy in 2009 against former head coach (who won 2 NC's while @ GSU) Paul Johnson.

GSU to play Navy in 2009 (http://www.statesboroherald.net/showstory.php?$recordID=7509)

Baldy
August 10th, 2006, 12:18 AM
:nod:

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 10th, 2006, 12:25 AM
The next question is will Paul Johnson still be at Navy in 2009? Given what he has done in Annapolis one has to figure if he keeps it going he'll have many opportunities to jump ship(pun intended).

TexasTerror
August 10th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Georgia Southern is on a roll...

A game with Navy and in talks with Georgia Tech! Looking forward to some Eagle wins against the BS!

GannonFan
August 10th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Navy's got 2 I-AA's on the schedule in 2009 as they are playing UD as well. It'll be interesting for GSU since by then they won't have anyone left with any real experience in the spread option, assuming Johnson is still there.

lambertjr
August 10th, 2006, 07:58 PM
I'll take Navy in this game.:cool:

blukeys
August 10th, 2006, 09:59 PM
I'll take Navy in this game.:cool:

A little early to make this pick. Quality I-AA teams can hang with Navy as Delaware has. The talent gap is not big and the games are well fought. Johnson is a great game day coach and makes great offensive adjustments at half time. If Navy has a below standard team and GSU is at its best the game is really winnable.

For me it would be more fun to watch if both teams were still running the option. Oh well So it goes. :)