PDA

View Full Version : N.C. A&T wants to know why Sex Offender/FB Player Admitted In

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
NC A&T is investigating in how a member of their football team was admitted back to school after being convicted of a crime.

Seems like NC A&T gave this individual a chance to play after he had been charged, a second-chance if you will until word got out that he was convicted on the charges. Innocent til proven guilty, right? The team did the right thing when he was suspended after being ruled guilty.

A confusing case if you ask me, but I assume we'll learn more soon...

--------
N.C. A&T wants to know why sex offender admitted to school
Associated Press

GREENSBORO, N.C. - Officials of North Carolina A&T State University say they want to know more about how a former football player was allowed back into school after being convicted of a felony sex offense.

Shirley B. Frye, special assistant to interim Chancellor Lloyd V. Hackley, plans a trip to Michigan this week to review documents in the case of Larry Tarone Harrison Jr., university spokeswoman Mable Scott said Tuesday.

The school announced last week that the 6-foot-3, 305-pound defensive lineman would not be allowed to play for N.C. A&T again. Earlier, the school had said Harrison would remain on the team as a nonscholarship player.

Harrison, 21, came to the Division I-AA Aggies from Michigan after he was suspended from the football team following his arrest in December 2004 on charges of indecent exposure and of being a sexually delinquent person, a felony. The charges were pending when he was admitted to N.C. A&T. He was convicted in December 2005.

Harrison, who played in all 11 games for the Aggies in 2005 and ranked eighth on the team with 39 tackles, was suspended from the team and the university shortly after the jury verdict.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/local/15235708.htm