PDA

View Full Version : Div I-A transfers to Robert Morris

Calif_Colonial
August 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Complete pass: DeSanzo transfer to Robert Morris

Randy Senior
07/31/2006

After bieng the starting quarterback at Temple when the spring began, former Riverside High School star Joe DeSanzo stared to see some handwriting on the wall.

Temple hired a new head coach, Al Golden. The new coach installed a new option-oriented offense. And with the new offense came two new quarterbacks on the 2006 roster.

"When they discussed a move to outside linebacker for me, I realized that maybe I didn't figure in their future plans," DeSanzo said. " I thought I was going to be settled in, but everything changed."

So DeSanzo has decided to change teams. The 6 foot 2, 210 pound sophomore quarterback will transfer to Robert Morris for the 2006 season.

DeSanzo talked to Villanova and to Pitt, but with scholarships and letter of intents finalized, he knew he had to make a late call.

The one-time Tri-County North Conference standout who threw for 1,078 yards as a senior in 2004 remembered that Robert Morris recruited him out of high school.

:hurray:

downbythebeach
August 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM
He played HS ball in the same town as Delaware's QB from last year, Riccio (about ten miles away from my hometown) and I must say I remember from his senior year that most thought he was better than Riccio had been a few years prior.

Calif_Colonial
August 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
He played HS ball in the same town as Delaware's QB from last year, Riccio (about ten miles away from my hometown) and I must say I remember from his senior year that most thought he was better than Riccio had been a few years prior.

Well, he will have some competition; the Colonials already have 4 quarterbacks on their roster before Joe decided to transfer in. I wish him the best of luck!:beerchug: