PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed! Fisher Field Done By 9/15/06

Pards Rule
August 9th, 2006, 02:41 PM
by the looks of it...The weather holding with absolutely no rain here in the past two weeks helps too and forecast to continue that way into the weekend! If that is the case, would they reschedule 9/16 UPenn game to night or keep it at 1PM?

carney2
August 9th, 2006, 03:04 PM
would they reschedule 9/16 UPenn game to night or keep it at 1PM?

From the horse's mouth: The 1:00 start for the Penn game is cast in stone. No night games for 2006. In the future however, it will take a special circumstance, such as this year's CSTV commitment for the 9/30 Yale game, to not have night games scheduled thru the 2nd Saturday in October.

Fordham
August 9th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Congrats Pard fans.

Signed,

Jealous in the Bronx

Pards Rule
August 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Do we play u guys home or away this year? If OUR home, I'll treat you to a hot dog & Pepsi :)

Fordham
August 9th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Nov 4th, you guys are coming to the boogie-down.

My buy.

Pards Rule
August 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Never been to da Bronx (except on Jerome Ave. and drive bys on the highways)...Hmmm, maybe I will come?

Cap'n Cat
August 9th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Need to schedule an azz-whoopin' of Youngstown there for all the whinin' they been doin' since December. Give 'em a big what-fur!

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Pards Rule
August 9th, 2006, 03:30 PM
sounds good to me! Bring em on!

Pard4Life
August 9th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Nov 4th, you guys are coming to the boogie-down.

My buy.

Remember Fordham, you promised to let me know where the prime Italian restaruants and eateries are in the Fordham section.. or was that Joltin Joe..

Pard4Life
August 9th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Congrats Pard fans.

Signed,

Jealous in the Bronx

Fordham has a nice new field, I would be happy... maybe not without those visitor bleachers, but the field looked nice even in January. We will see come November 4.

Fordham
August 9th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Remember Fordham, you promised to let me know where the prime Italian restaruants and eateries are in the Fordham section.. or was that Joltin Joe..

Joe's better at this stuff and I'd prefer to blame him for leaving you hanging anyway. Regardless, here's a link:

Arthur Ave Restaurants - Bronx (http://www.arthuravenuebronx.com/local_restaurants.htm)

Mario's
Ann & Tony's
Emilia's
Dominick's (but dress down)

would be my recommendations, but I'll defer to Joe.

Pards Rule
August 10th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Pard4, road trip to the Bronx?!?!?

Pard4Life
August 11th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Pard4, road trip to the Bronx?!?!?

Well, it's not exactly a road trip... I could get there without even getting in my car... but yeah, I'll be there.. it's the easiest game for me to go get to.. including Easton...

joe... you better give me the restaruant low-down! :)

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Judging from the live web-cam at Fisher, it appears that some of the bleachers are installed. That is very good news and quite encouraging.

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
well they had essentially three weeks of no rain so they should be flooring it (no pun intended)....Hurry for the 15th!

carney2
August 14th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Judging from the live web-cam at Fisher, it appears that some of the bleachers are installed. That is very good news and quite encouraging.

I'm still having trouble with that word. Are we saying that some section(s) - the north or visiting stands? - are not permanent?

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Carney, he just gets the terminology wrong. they are seats.

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 01:08 PM
I'm still having trouble with that word. Are we saying that some section(s) - the north or visiting stands? - are not permanent?

Everything is permanent.. the bleachers are the aluminum 'benches' ala Lehigh, and the seat backs I guess are going to be next.

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Hows that press box/coaches nest coming?

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Hows that press box/coaches nest coming?

Can't see that on webcam. However, it's pretty cool just watching for a minute... you can see the trucks going back and forth dumping material and men walking around. It's a mid-field shot facing the stairwell, which is where I took the pictures last month.

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 02:29 PM
link? or as they say on the Eagles board "linc" ?

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Actually, they just changed the view... the exterior walls of the press box are up, but the crane is not moving. IT looks like most of the bleachers are installed but the chairbacks have yet to be installed.

Also, they shifted the center of the field over to east a bit... SE used to be at the 50.. now the 50 is at the SE-SF stairwell.. keep it in mind when buying Lehigh tickets, which I will be doing this week. I don't want to be shutout! :D

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:31 PM
link? or as they say on the Eagles board "linc" ?

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Also, it looks like the ring of the track has been laid down.

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Yo Pard, can we get them to pan it to the left a little to check on the coaches nest? All I need is a degree or three on the angle!

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Yo Pard, can we get them to pan it to the left a little to check on the coaches nest? All I need is a degree or three on the angle!

Ha, I have no access to the camera.. or how to even move it that way.. it also looks like they are laying some tarp down... you can see it move in the wind... and a layer of stone/sand/whatever is going on top of the tarp.. I think we are very close to seeing some green on the field.

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 02:47 PM
God, looking a the vidstream, I feel like coughing seeing the dust so vividly.

Go...gate
August 14th, 2006, 02:52 PM
All that stuff done in one more month?

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 02:55 PM
All that stuff done in one more month?

Definetely, at a local college they had the FieldTurf installed in four weeks or so. And just by gauging this afternoon's action, they seem to have gotten alot of gravel layered.

Pards Rule
August 14th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Come on G.C., don't make me eat my words!

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Come on G.C., don't make me eat my words!

Well maybe... Tavani did say the workers would be running out of the stadium just as the fans started entering... so that means done on 9/16.. your prediction is off PR :D

Pard4Life
August 14th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Check it out... truck sprying water.. :nod:

http://www.lafayette.edu/press/construction/index_camera.html

Andy
August 15th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I took some photos today at Fisher, but the files are way too big to attach here and I don't know how to begin to correct the problem. So I published some (13) of them here: http://www.msnusers.com/LCAndyspics

Pls check 'em out. There are shots of the visitor stands which you can't see on the webcam. Click on "Pictures" on left side of page to display the first twelve. Click on individual photos to enlarge.

Pards Rule
August 15th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Thanks Andy! Great pics! It's gonna be a photo finish on the timing!

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2006, 08:21 AM
I took some photos today at Fisher, but the files are way too big to attach here and I don't know how to begin to correct the problem. So I published some (13) of them here: http://www.msnusers.com/LCAndyspics

Pls check 'em out. There are shots of the visitor stands which you can't see on the webcam. Click on "Pictures" on left side of page to display the first twelve. Click on individual photos to enlarge.

Excellent pictures Andy. It seems alot of progress has been made from when I was there July 23. The press box seems to be coming along nicely, and those visitor stands are going to be much larger than what appears in the drawings. Also, it is cool to note that our home stands are going to be maroon!.. I hope that does not mean searing hot benches though. The field also looks like it is in the advandce stages of construction.

A little more to the left Andy and you could have been on Leopards webcam yesterday.

carney2
August 15th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks, Andy. The College webcam requires AXIS Media Control which I nogots. This, then, is the only peek that I have had.

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Andy. The College webcam requires AXIS Media Control which I nogots. This, then, is the only peek that I have had.

I had the same problem but I somehow fixed it yesterday... the pop-up blocker bar came up on the top of the screen... I decided to read it for a change and it said something about installing the appropriate software... I clicked on the pop-up blocker bar link and then I was able to see Fisher.... it could have been there all along.. I don't know.. but I just noticed it.

Pards Rule
August 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Yes, love the maroon colored seating! I assume visitors side also maroon?

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Yes, love the maroon colored seating! I assume visitors side also maroon?

The steel structure looks maroon so that is a start.

Andy
August 15th, 2006, 09:08 AM
I was seeing bleachers for about two weeks when actually it was just the brackets and a blurry screen, so take this with a grain of salt, but it looks like some chair-backs installed today on webcam. No?

Thanks for the comments on the photos, guys. I hope Carney can solve the bug, it should be a blast watching the final stages come together as we go green.

Pards Rule
August 15th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Just purchased my UPenn game tix yesterday so I'm ready for some football!!

carney2
August 15th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I downloaded and installed AXIS Media Control and still nothing. As much as I hate surprises, I guess I'll just wait until 9/16 and hope for the best.

Like a previous poster, I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered my tickets, including season tix, extras for Lehigh, and Princeton, my only scheduled road trip so far.

Did anyone notice the article on the http://goleopards.cstv.com/ website

http://goleopards.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081406aaa.html

with Frank talking about the 1st week of practice? He singles out Ryan Williams, a DB who did not play one single down in 2005 and our old friend Mike DiPaola, the backup QB, for praise. Despite all of Frank's comments, my recurring nightmare has Maurer standing on the sideline on crutches and DiPaola heading out to take the first snap against Lehigh - or Colgate - or Harvard - or Penn - or...

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2006, 11:01 AM
I downloaded and installed AXIS Media Control and still nothing. As much as I hate surprises, I guess I'll just wait until 9/16 and hope for the best.

Like a previous poster, I have finally bitten the bullet and ordered my tickets, including season tix, extras for Lehigh, and Princeton, my only scheduled road trip so far.

with Frank talking about the 1st week of practice? He singles out Ryan Williams, a DB who did not play one single down in 2005 and our old friend Mike DiPaola, the backup QB, for praise. Despite all of Frank's comments, my recurring nightmare has Maurer standing on the sideline on crutches and DiPaola heading out to take the first snap against Lehigh - or Colgate - or Harvard - or Penn - or...

Maurer should be ok... but who really knows. If we had a first-hand report of him zipping passes around the field and taking hits scrambling I'd feel better, as would the Pard contingency. DiPaola should have some time to develop and he will likely split some time vs. Sacred Heart if it gets ugly... maybe even Bucknell... but how he reacts in a big game is an unknown. We did not even know how Davis would react in a big game at QB until Lehigh. True, he did very well when he led us to a win vs. Richmond in 2004, but that was not a 'monumental' game i.e. Colgate, Lehigh. But.. we know how it turned out in the end...

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Do any Pards know what this is in reference to? This is a sketch for our new field, I guess from the present firm. What is this "future arena footprint" outlined in the sketch? There have always been rumors about redoing Kirby.

http://www.cha-llp.com/go/project/lafayette-college

Pards Rule
August 15th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Pard, no clue. If they expanded Kirby (for what?) it would take out all the visitor seating it appears from that sketch. What has anybody heard about QB Josh Jones?

Andy
August 15th, 2006, 11:40 AM
The "future arena" refers to the conversion of the current gym into a "bowl" configuration. This is definitely planned. Supposedly, the Fisher Field redo plans were not finalized until they had received assurance that the "bowl" would fit on the existing gym's footprint.

Josh Jones--did not practice yesterday, he was in shorts and T-shirt as were several others including Romans, Russo, Nase, TJ, Dixon, Thomson, Lawson and others.

Maurer--did have zip on his passes yesterday and he led the "super-skills" players by 20 yards in the wind sprint drills at the end of practice. I worry about shoulder to ground contact. I worry a lot.

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2006, 12:03 PM
The "future arena" refers to the conversion of the current gym into a "bowl" configuration. This is definitely planned. Supposedly, the Fisher Field redo plans were not finalized until they had received assurance that the "bowl" would fit on the existing gym's footprint.

Josh Jones--did not practice yesterday, he was in shorts and T-shirt as were several others including Romans, Russo, Nase, TJ, Dixon, Thomson, Lawson and others.

Maurer--did have zip on his passes yesterday and he led the "super-skills" players by 20 yards in the wind sprint drills at the end of practice. I worry about shoulder to ground contact. I worry a lot.

That is some good news about Maurer... but I guess it will be a wait-n-see all season with the shoulder.

A bowl for Kirby? You mean they are going to tear that place apart after they spent $30million redoing the place? Yikes... I guess you mean 'bowl' in terms digging several feet into the ground so the basketball court is actually below ground level. That would be tight given the space between the street and Fisher. And I guess this project won't be until earliest 2009, after football is completed.

Andy
August 15th, 2006, 12:25 PM
P4L, I asume something like Bucknell's arena. I don't know if that would involve lowering the playing surface or not.

cosmo here
August 15th, 2006, 06:09 PM

I'm not shocked that Williams is mentioned by Tavani . . there's very little returning experience at corner and somebody has to step up. Lawson has been held out of some practices and Clecidor, a sophomore, was the other starter on the depth chart after the spring. I'm glad somebody's impressing the staff back there.

I still think DiPaola will be alright . . anybody who ran the scout team offense against our defense the last two years and still has confidence is OK with me.

Andy
August 15th, 2006, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=cosmo here]I'm not shocked that Williams is mentioned by Tavani . . there's very little returning experience at corner and somebody has to step up. Lawson has been held out of some practices and Clecidor, a sophomore, was the other starter on the depth chart after the spring. I'm glad somebody's impressing the staff back there.

I remember Coach making some favorable comments about Williams after his recruitment. Cos, although not mentioned in his bio, wasn't Williams battling injuries last year? With the freshman McGovern also from McDevitt we've got a bit of a pipeline going there and that's a good thing. I want them to enjoy their "Lafayette Experience" and report it back to their HS coach and teammates. They've got quite a program.

I've always been a little disappointed at our lack of recruiting success at the Philly Catholic with a big time program--St Joes.

ngineer
August 15th, 2006, 10:13 PM
P4L, I asume something like Bucknell's arena. I don't know if that would involve lowering the playing surface or not.

Interesting concept, but remember that Kirby, and the rest of your campus is on top of a big hill....and what holds up the hill is usually a lot of rock, which can cause a lot of problems, let alone alot of expense. I would agree, however, the Kirby needs some 'dressing up'. Always felt like an oversized high school gym to me.

carney2
August 16th, 2006, 07:17 AM
I would agree, however, the Kirby needs some 'dressing up'. Always felt like an oversized high school gym to me.

Amen.

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Interesting concept, but remember that Kirby, and the rest of your campus is on top of a big hill....and what holds up the hill is usually a lot of rock, which can cause a lot of problems, let alone alot of expense. I would agree, however, the Kirby needs some 'dressing up'. Always felt like an oversized high school gym to me.

Kirby has been ok with me but I do see the point that it's a larger high school gym. What has always bothered me is that huge empty space to the west. With football out in the fall, we can expand that area for basketball.... and improve that lobby area..

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I'm not shocked that Williams is mentioned by Tavani . . there's very little returning experience at corner and somebody has to step up. Lawson has been held out of some practices and Clecidor, a sophomore, was the other starter on the depth chart after the spring. I'm glad somebody's impressing the staff back there.

I still think DiPaola will be alright . . anybody who ran the scout team offense against our defense the last two years and still has confidence is OK with me.

Cornerback is a chief concern that many people might be overlooking. There is not much size back there, but that might be compensated by verticals. Anyhow, they need depth back there. Glad to hear Williams has stepped it up.

And yes, Maurer came of age through the scout team. DiPaola hopefully will as well.. it's his offense next year anyhow.

colorless raider
August 16th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Scout team rewards are important

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I think I will be personally inspecting Fisher on Thursday or Friday as I have to go up to East Stroudsburg. Is it easy to get on the field?

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I think I will be personally inspecting Fisher on Thursday or Friday as I have to go up to East Stroudsburg. Is it easy to get on the field?

Yeah they don't usually fence the area by the gates on the upper concourse. If not, I've just walked around the fence by the long Kirby stairs and the hill.

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Pard. And I will tell the contractor - Sept. 15th sure!

Andy
August 16th, 2006, 10:06 AM
And yes, Maurer came of age through the scout team. DiPaola hopefully will as well.. it's his offense next year anyhow.[/QUOTE]

Just an opinion, P4L, but I believe Mike is going to be a victim of circumstance/timing (if not just a talent differential) as far as starting goes. I think the case can be made that '07 will be a rebuilding year, with a battle with Colgate for league title and beyond in '08. With that in mind, '07 will be a year for Jones/Curley to get experience necessary to lead us far the next year.

This proposed line-up in '08 is pretty impressive:

OL--Moore, Orozco, Brown/Wojcik, Wycinowski/Woody, Plenski
Backs--Russo/Ferber/Cumming Coon/Morrow/White/Watson Curley/Jones
TE-Gill/Bolton/Willard
WR--Adair, Ingram, Roeder (need some height in this year's class)

DL--Mills, Poulson/JR, Kody/Dell, Whitesell/McKeon??
LB--Romans, Leggiero, Reddy (with great competition--Brown, Heaney, Caljean, Nardone, Bacon others)
DB--Clecidor, Vincent/Robinson, Oliver/McGovern, Leland/Bryant

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Just an opinion, P4L, but I believe Mike is going to be a victim of circumstance/timing (if not just a talent differential) as far as starting goes. I think the case can be made that '07 will be a rebuilding year, with a battle with Colgate for league title and beyond in '08. With that in mind, '07 will be a year for Jones/Curley to get experience necessary to lead us far the next year.

This proposed line-up in '08 is pretty impressive:

OL--Moore, Orozco, Brown/Wojcik, Wycinowski/Woody, Plenski
Backs--Russo/Ferber/Cumming Coon/Morrow Curley/Jones
TE-Gill/Bolton/Willard
WR--Adair, Ingram, Roeder (need some height in this year's class)

DL--Mills, Poulson/JR, Kody/Dell, Whitesell/McKeon??
LB--Romans, Leggiero, Reddy (with great competition--Brown, Heaney, Caljean, Nardone, Bacon others)
DB--Clecidor, Vincent/Robinson, Oliver/McGovern, Leland/Bryant

I'm trying not think about 2007 since the season is only 17 days away... but you make some interesting points. So do you think we are going to see a QB competition like we did with Maurer/Davis '04 in 2007? I'd give DiPaola the benefit of the doubt since he might see some quality reps this season and has tremendous scout team experience. With such on his resume, Jones and Curley are going to have to be pretty talented to overcome DiPaola's resume.

Don't know a whole lot about some of the names you mentioned, but I guess we will learn more this season. DL will be a concern next year. Also you forgot to mention RBs.. I'd pencil in D'Urso as the starter and possibly Morrow making a run at it.

If we win the PL this year, plus making noise in the playoffs and having the stadium completed, there is no reason not to believe we can get some mega-talented recruits again, possibly some that can start at DL or WR when Fisher and Ort graduate.

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 10:30 AM
From what I read about Josh Jones, he will be a contender!

Andy
August 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
You make a good case for DiPaolo, but (pure speculation, of course) I just don't think his starting is in the cards. If Bernhard were still here, he'd have been the heir, IMO. (any chance of his return?)

The line-up I proposed was for '08, P4L, so D'Urso will be gone. But, RB in '07? I'm not sure of D'Urso as a feature back, I sure could be wrong. I'm hoping for the chance to see sophs White and Watson get some touches this year. Coach T has commented several times already about his high regard for freshman Ty Coon. He looked very quick on the recruit video, and at 190 as a freshman, he's already no light weight.

LBPop
August 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I feel like I'm interrupting a private conversation with this post.:D

Regardless, just thought I'd say that the photos look impressive and I am really looking forward to my first visit. Your Leopards were kind enough to come to DC two years in a row.

As an aside, I mentioned to my friend and business partner (who is an avid Lehigh Alumnus) that I would be visiting Easton in November. He spent about ten minutes trying to talk me out of it, but finally gave up. Then he suggested that I get vaccinated before I go. Any idea of what he meant by that? ;) xlolx :eek:

Kidding aside...I really admire the rivalry. Wish Georgetown had something even close to that. :nod:

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Pop, look forward to you coming! Should we set aside the top row of section ? for the AGSers?

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2006, 01:21 PM

Regardless, just thought I'd say that the photos look impressive and I am really looking forward to my first visit. Your Leopards were kind enough to come to DC two years in a row.

As an aside, I mentioned to my friend and business partner (who is an avid Lehigh Alumnus) that I would be visiting Easton in November. He spent about ten minutes trying to talk me out of it, but finally gave up. Then he suggested that I get vaccinated before I go. Any idea of what he meant by that? ;) xlolx :eek:

Kidding aside...I really admire the rivalry. Wish Georgetown has something even close to that. :nod:

Don't buy into a word he is saying... he is just a bit peeved that Lafayette leads all-time 74-62-5 and we are 23-1 when both teams have 7+ wins heading into The Game.

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 01:25 PM
AND have won three of the last four! GO PARDS!

LBPop
August 16th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Pop, look forward to you coming! Should we set aside the top row of section ? for the AGSers?

Just tell me where to sit and I will be there. Might not be too many Hoya fans, but if Georgetown is near .500, you might see a bit more Blue & Gray.

LBPop
August 16th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Don't buy into a word he is saying... he is just a bit peeved that Lafayette leads all-time 74-62-5 and we are 23-1 when both teams have 7+ wins heading into The Game.

Is that when the temperature at game time is above 50 degrees or below 50 degrees? And does it include games that follow road trips of more than 200 miles when a solar eclipse has occurred within the past four years? :D

Pard4Life
August 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Is that when the temperature at game time is above 50 degrees or below 50 degrees? And does it include games that follow road trips of more than 200 miles when a solar eclipse has occurred within the past four years? :D

No no, just straight-up 23-1 when both teams enter the game with 7+ wins rain or shine, snow or sun, eclipse or full moon. So in other words, a very good Lafayette team is always better than a very good Lehigh team. :rotateh:

Andy
August 16th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Kidding aside...I really admire the rivalry. Wish Georgetown had something even close to that. :nod:

Pop, some of us Pard fans annoyed our coach last year in suggesting that--in view of Lehigh's total of 95 points vs GT over two years--we should be averaging more than 14 or so. For whatever reason, Hoyas have given us fits and I'm not expecting this year to be any different. If your budget ever approaches that of the rest of the PL, look out!

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 02:28 PM
LB, I always sit right below the coaches box on the home side.

LBPop
August 16th, 2006, 02:29 PM
If your budget ever approaches that of the rest of the PL, look out!

I assume you mean Georgetown's budget. My kid is entering his junior year at Georgetown...my budget is shot! xlolx :rolleyes: :( :bawling:

Andy
August 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
From what I read about Josh Jones, he will be a contender!

Measured at 5'11" 165 at a combine April of his Jr. year, he certainly has grown. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Pards Rule
August 16th, 2006, 02:45 PM
He's already looking like a stud!

LBPop
August 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
LB, I always sit right below the coaches box on the home side.
I will probably want to sit with the other five Georgetown fans. :D
As we get closer to the game, we might be able to arrange to meet up--maybe at halftime.

DFW HOYA
August 16th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Give Lafayette credit for getting Fisher Field done. It's been at least six years now for Georgetown trying to get its field issues settled.

Pard4Life
August 17th, 2006, 09:14 AM
It appears that over half of the benches have been installed, with more being installed as we speak. The charibacks look ready to be installed. And it also looks like the entire outer concrete walls of the press box are complete.

Pards Rule
August 18th, 2006, 09:20 AM
LB, sounds good. I was there yesterday. Enough work to be done. I had a long chat with Bruce (didn't get the last name too good) who showed up to inspect as I was leaving. He is director of physical plant at LC. Essentially it is going to be a close call but the stadium will be essentially done by Sept. 15th. They may have to sacrifice some areas (I suggested lower concourse) in order to focus on the major elements of the stadium. Seats will be installed by end of next week latest. Just hope the weather holds! Some folks may be losing sleep at this point I'm sure!

LBPop
August 18th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Some folks may be losing sleep at this point I'm sure!

It will be worth it. The whole experience of watching a football game is affected by the venue. That's the frustrating thing at Georgetown. The field is in a perfect location and the product seems to be improving. If only the school had the resources to finish the job. : smh :

carney2
August 18th, 2006, 10:26 AM
And yes, Maurer came of age through the scout team. DiPaola hopefully will as well.. it's his offense next year anyhow.

Not a fan. I see DiPaola as a stopgap, emergency guy only. If one of the freshmen doesn't step up by this time next year, we're looking at a disaster.

Pard4Life
August 18th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Not a fan. I see DiPaola as a stopgap, emergency guy only. If one of the freshmen doesn't step up by this time next year, we're looking at a disaster.

I wouldn't go that far. I think DiPaola will surprise some. Plus, we ahve plenty of talent waiting.

Pards Rule
August 21st, 2006, 09:00 AM
Forgot to mention, turf goes down Wed. and Bruce said two weeks to install it. I took loads of pics but I don't know how to upload here!

Pard4Life
August 21st, 2006, 09:11 AM
Forgot to mention, turf goes down Wed. and Bruce said two weeks to install it. I took loads of pics but I don't know how to upload here!

Excellent.. judging from the webcam, they can't be far behind...

As far as upload... you can go to manage attachments at the bottom of the reply screen... and attach the pics.. they have to be the right size though.. I admit I am not the tech expert of AGS though..

Pards Rule
August 21st, 2006, 09:32 AM
I'm even worse, Pard. I took them with a standard disposable so I have to get them printed first. The weather looks like its going to hold real well all week and they should be rolling as we go the the final stretch after this week. Bruce said Frank often calls him to check on progress. Now watch after all this with the weather it will pour the 16th like it did in the Georgetown game!

Pard4Life
August 21st, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'm even worse, Pard. I took them with a standard disposable so I have to get them printed first. The weather looks like its going to hold real well all week and they should be rolling as we go the the final stretch after this week. Bruce said Frank often calls him to check on progress. Now watch after all this with the weather it will pour the 16th like it did in the Georgetown game!

Ha yeah, talk about irony... do you mean the Columbia game? That was one to remember...

Pards Rule
August 21st, 2006, 10:46 AM
Was that the one? I didn't go but I remember the washout weekend well and heard it was a morass! Also of note, my fave place Marsilio's on Cattell Street sold and now is Miro's :(....I remember when Marshall & Angie started that place in spring, 1983. I was there for breakfast and dinner every weekend.

Pard4Life
August 21st, 2006, 11:24 AM
Was that the one? I didn't go but I remember the washout weekend well and heard it was a morass! Also of note, my fave place Marsilio's on Cattell Street sold and now is Miro's :(....I remember when Marshall & Angie started that place in spring, 1983. I was there for breakfast and dinner every weekend.

Yeah the Columbia game was when the field was destroyed. Georgetown was in DC the week before.

Marsilio's is now Miro's? Hmm.. interesting.. they were still Marsilio's last year..

Pards Rule
August 21st, 2006, 11:32 AM
I hadn't had the opportunity to go there in a good 5 years or so, and Thurs. was a great opportunity. I was surprised when the owner said they bought it 4 years.

Pard4Life
August 22nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
Press box update: looks like they are putting on the second level today.. more bleachers have been added.. and there is a Mars-rover look alike at center field... I guess to measure the terrain for the turf...

Pards Rule
August 22nd, 2006, 03:39 PM
Bruce told me the seating was subcontracted to an installer and they were behind schedule until he called the GC and told them to light a fire under the installer as LC was not going to eat any overtime on that item!

carney2
August 23rd, 2006, 08:26 AM
Now watch after all this with the weather it will pour the 16th like it did in the Georgetown game!

As someone has already pointed out, it was the Columbia game, but no matter. It won't "pour" like that again in your lifetime. On that day the Lehigh Valley received a record 10 - 13 inches of rain (depending on where you were standing) in 24 gours. This broke the old record by more than just a little. The new surface can reportedly withstand up to 24 inches of water so we should be good no matter what. Of course that beer that you're holding may become a bit diluted.

carney2
August 23rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't go that far. I think DiPaola will surprise some. Plus, we ahve plenty of talent waiting.

That is what I'm counting on.

Pards Rule
August 23rd, 2006, 08:38 AM
Wow, it must have been a swamp with a foot of rain! But you know ya kinda like that type of game every once in a while in a Madden sort of way.

Pards Rule
August 23rd, 2006, 10:58 AM
Turf being applied now!

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Wow, it must have been a swamp with a foot of rain! But you know ya kinda like that type of game every once in a while in a Madden sort of way.

Good lord that game was a nightmare to stand through, but fun... my shoes were turned into a lake and I refused to wear them for a month. Jeans were soaked, and my anti-rain garment couldn't take much more... wind busted an umbrella too.. alas we watched the second half in Kirby.. as did almost everyone..

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 11:48 AM
Turf being applied now!

Hmm.. not sure I see that.. the gravel looks completely smooth though and seems different than yesterday.. I guess the sun's angle.. but the visitor side looks to be in decent shape and they are hosing down the homestand wall.

Pards Rule
August 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
Camera's on a one hour delay

Pard4Life
August 23rd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Camera's on a one hour delay

You sure? It says 'live' though.. and it is streaming..

.. still no turf action on camera.. should be soon though

Pards Rule
August 23rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Sorry Pard. I was j/k...I was waiting for someone to say "WTF would they delay an hour"

Andy
August 23rd, 2006, 09:36 PM
My post from the voy board:

Remember how awful the '04 team performed in the final camp scrimmage? This was not as bad in my mind, but close. Coach was not happy with the play on either side, nor with the level of enthusiasm. The saving grace, of course, is that the '04 team went on to a championship. I hope this team isn't sitting on its laurels. Remember what happened to Gate and Fordham coming off championships with big time players returning.

First, those held out--Saint, Ziska, Liseno, TJ, Lawson, Thomson, Lupini and others. Frosh QB Jones still not suited up, thus the Scriveri move, I guess. (Anthony looked darn good in warm ups and in limited action--very strong arm. We know he's solid as a rock, build wise. I'm psyched about him. I hope they push his development.)

Second, injuries: Bad, two offensive starters, one a knee, the other a shoulder (looked like). They don't mention them in the website article so I won't give the names until we see if they're mentioneed in the paper tomorrow, sorry. The player with the knee was carried off, but was up and around later. Hoping just a sprain there, but unknown right now.

Bright spots, IMO:

Running backs: Hurt played a little and came out. Mo White, as the article stated, looked real good, he's 5'8" but built like a brick house. He showed speed, was physical and broke some tackles. Unfortunately, Mr. Romans gave him a wicked shot to the ribs, after which Mo did not return. Earlier Mo had a nice catch and run, too. Very promising!! Also, Watson showed speed like you read about when heading outside. The kickoff returns last year did not prepare me for how good this kid ran from scrimmage! Coon and DeAndre had several carries behind third string/young linemen, didn't have much chance to excel. They'll be fun to watch develop.

Maurer: shoulder did not seem to bother him at all, he threw the long ball and the out. The most encouraging to me was how damn quick he was, he's over the hip problem and flying!

Romans: as advertised. Started with Stovall and Plumby.

Fullbacks: good crew--all four had catches, Russo much bigger than last year.

TEs: Willard and Gill good grabs.

WRs: It took me three years, but I finally saw Logan make some grabs. Dorsey and Dixon had TD catch and runs. Roeder made a nice reaching grab. Attention!!!--Radon Ingram didn't do much in the scrimmage, however, in warmups the kid just oozed athleticism, smooth as silk with good hands, and quick! Can't wait for y'all to see him and give your opinion. I'm not kidding, I haven't seen an athlete like him at LC in a long time. Rookie Vincent was the starting punt returner (just fair catches) and looked a little shakey. Radon took one no problem.

Problems:

Punt snap and muffed fair catch.

Inside runnning game wasn't there against first D.

DBs: starters were Cohen and Hunter with Williams alternating in, too. Carlos Lowe, not suited up last week, was the second teamer with Clecidor. Receivers got behind several of these guys. We miss Lawson at this point and they'll be tested by Sacred Heart's 24 year old Div. 1 transfer QB.

O-line early was: Moore, Lippert/Orozco, Nase, Leo, Padilla. Seconds were different than last week--Stabile, Brown, Wojcik, O'Mara, Oppenheimer. Woody & Wotring barely played after being seconds last week. I didn't even see Wycinowski.

Dan Weiss made an appearance--how great is that?!

The field is ready for turf delivery and install starting tomorrow. About a third of the visitor stands are complete, looks like silver seats with maroon floor or vice versa. Two tunnel entrances. Railing up about half way around.

Pard4Life
August 24th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Thank you for the scoop Andy... nice job...

I am not sure that a poor scrimmage performance is indicative of the team this year... after all the guys do get tired of hitting each other every day and not seeing another team. Let's wait for a game or two before we make a sure judgement.

From reading the leopards site, I noticed nothing was ever said about injuries and I dare not mention that out of fear of a jinx.. but apparently the cat is out of the bag. Curious to see who the starters are.. anybody hurt is bad but if it's one of the WRs, like Adair or a lineman, that is very bad..

Very very good news about Maurer...

The DBs are a significant area of concern that the Pard followers seem to have been quiet about all-season. LBs seem to be the main focus... but the talent is definetely there. However, my concern at CB is the lack of height and experience. The starters this year had some very questionable performances as sub-ins last season, and puts in some murky spots at various times. I hope this does not become a problem...

...well, stability at long-snapper seems to be history now... and we'll have issues just like every other team here..

..don't see how that o-line configuration is a problem...

Glad to see Weiss out there... must be his lunch time or just wants to get out of the office... don't forget he is a former football player too..

Also, how did the kickoff and return units perform?

Andy
August 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Sorry, did not mean to indicate that the o-line was a problem, I was just giving the personnel, although with Saint and Leo out, it wasn't the same.

Although I can't find the article on-line, apparently the E-T mentions last night's injuries: Archie--collarbone, out <half the season; Leo--knee, thought to be minor. Saint back today, others with minor injuries.

With Leo out, Conte was snapping and sent one high before settling down. Gunners were Watson and Adair. Frosh Vincent was fair catching the punts, last year Roeder was getting work there. I didn't see all of the kick off returns, but I did see D'Urso get one or two. Ziska was not dressed, FG kicking was bad.

Pard4Life
August 24th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Sorry, did not mean to indicate that the o-line was a problem, I was just giving the personnel, although with Saint and Leo out, it wasn't the same.

Although I can't find the article on-line, apparently the E-T mentions last night's injuries: Archie--collarbone, out <half the season; Leo--knee, thought to be minor. Saint back today, others with minor injuries.

With Leo out, Conte was snapping and sent one high before settling down. Gunners were Watson and Adair. Frosh Vincent was fair catching the punts, last year Roeder was getting work there. I didn't see all of the kick off returns, but I did see D'Urso get one or two. Ziska was not dressed, FG kicking was bad.

..seems like we have more problems that believed.. unless that's just preception and a lame scrimmage..

Pards Rule
August 24th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Seems like Josh jones will be redshirted this year too.

Pard4Life
August 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM

Likely a very smart move.

Andy
August 26th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Webcam currently being moved around and following the hoisting of a light pole into position.

Pard4Life
August 26th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Webcam currently being moved around and following the hoisting of a light pole into position.

Very encouraging development... It was a good idea that they scheduled Penn for the 1pm start... who knows if they can get all of the lights in place, plus contend with the field and press box.

carney2
August 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM

I've missed something here. Who else are we talking about besides Jones?

DFW HOYA
August 26th, 2006, 08:38 PM
How long did it take Lafayette to move forward on the project, from concept to completion?

Andy
August 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
How long did it take Lafayette to move forward on the project, from concept to completion?

The project was part of the current AD's "Athletics Facilities Master Plan", completed late 2002. I believe the actual design for the project was commissioned and fund raising begun approx. 2004.

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 09:18 AM
I was there last Thursday and this is going to be a sprint. The turf had yet to be delivered and one of the workmen told me it was due today (Monday). Wow, the turflayers will be leaving as the players try to take the field. Thank God, the recent rains have been at night or Sunday morning. They still were roughing in the coaches box and framing that on the parking deck and will crane the completed sections over. I saw Bruce (the plant ops director, some guy I assume the GC and Tavani in DEEP and animated conversation over by the visitors stands at 5:30 PM Thursday). Pass the Sominex!

Andy
August 28th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Anyone know if the turf has arrived?

From the Liberty turf install thread below, their turf arrived (late) on 8/11 and by 8/26 the sand and rubber "infill" had not yet been done, and they were going all out apparently, working Sundays. Yikes!

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Andy, I'll bet that is what the lively conversation I witnessed from afar was about. Basically, they can get the stadium done in time. It won't be a pristine presentation but it will be functional. The turf I think is the wild card. Um, are the Hawks playing home that weekend?

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Ay Caramba! The turf doesn't look like it is going down today according to the webcam. I see a light standard up, however!

Pard4Life
August 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Andy, I'll bet that is what the lively conversation I witnessed from afar was about. Basically, they can get the stadium done in time. It won't be a pristine presentation but it will be functional. The turf I think is the wild card. Um, are the Hawks playing home that weekend?

Yes they play Princeton... are you suggesting we play at Goodman?? I don't think I could withstand a game there psychologically two years in a row... even if it's not vs. Lehigh.

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Pard, I know. But what is Plan B if the turf isn't ready? Play at Penn? Do they have stuff scheduled?

carney2
August 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Pard, I know. But what is Plan B if the turf isn't ready? Play at Penn? Do they have stuff scheduled?

I'm not in panic mode yet, but I gotta get over there this week for a look see. I still can't get the webcam with my system.

Andy
August 28th, 2006, 03:07 PM
On the voy board, Xbo reports the turf arrived today!:hurray:

I assume a few practices on the stuff before the first game would've been nice. Would that opportunity lost be a big deal, guys?

LBPop
August 28th, 2006, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't panic too soon. If I recall, once the sub-surface is down, the turf itself goes on pretty quickly. At least that's how it seemed at Georgetown. Still looking forward to seeing the new place. :nod:

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Praise the truckdriver! Git R Done!

Pard4Life
August 28th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Cottingham Stadium? They play at our place every year...

Pard4Life
August 28th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Praise the truckdriver! Git R Done!

I blame the delay on PennDOT

Pards Rule
August 28th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Is that Easton HS or Phillipsburg NJ HS stadium? Did it rain heavy last night there? That may have set the base well. BTW, I have seen only ONE guy working there on the webcam.

Andy
August 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
For impatient Pard fans like me, the Two Deep from SHU game notes:

Offense:
WR 85 Joe Ort (Sr., 6-5, 210 - Deltona, FL 4 Archie Fisher (Sr., 6-2, 215 - Hackettstown, NJ)

LT 72 Mike St. Germain (Sr., 6-5, 295 - Morris Plains, NJ)
74 Joe Moore (So., 6-3, 290 - Lawrenceville, NJ)

LG 73 Will Orozco (So., 6-3, 300 - Maywood, NJ)
74 Joe Moore (So., 6-3, 290 - Lawrenceville, NJ)

C 65 Ryan Nase (Sr., 6-3, 295 - Philadelphia, PA)
62 Josh Lupini (Jr., 6-3, 290 - Jessup, PA)

RG 70 Leo Plenski (So., 6-5, 300 - Bristol, PA)
59 Greg Lippert (Jr., 6-3, 295 - River Vale, NJ)

RT 71 Jesse Padilla (Jr., 6-5, 310 - Hawthorne, NJ)
76 Jack Thompson (Jr., 6-7, 310 - Huntington, NY)

TE 87 Brendan Willard (So., 6-3, 245 - N. Potomac, MD)
88 Michael Conte (So., 6-2, 245 - New Providence, NJ)

QB 3 Brad Maurer (Sr., 6-0, 205 - Loveland, OH)
11 Michael DiPaola (Jr., 6-2, 195 - Bergenfield, NJ)

WR 9 Shaun Adair (So., 5-10, 180 - Morristown, NJ)
84 Travis Hutson (Sr., 5-10, 185 - Elkton, FL)

FB 45 Joe Russo (So., 5-11, 235 - Utica, NY)
25 Chris Williams (Sr., 5-10, 190 - Philadelphia, PA)

TB 34 Jonathan Hurt (Sr., 6-0, 220 - Orlando, FL)
23 Anthony D’Urso (Jr., 5-9, 190 - Fairfield, NJ)

Defense:

DE 52 Marvin Spikes (Sr., 6-2, 250 - Philadelphia, PA)
91 Luke Schade (Jr., 6-3, 255 - Jersey City, NJ)

DT 98 Kyle Sprenkle (Jr., 6-3, 270 - Thomasville, PA)
57 Josh Lanzot (Sr., 6-2, 265 - Monaca, PA)

DT 93 Daniel Liseno (Jr., 6-3, 265 - Clyde, NY)
99 Kody Babcock (So., 6-5, 260 - W. Lafayette, OH)

DE 96 Keith Bloom (Sr., 6-5, 245 - Monaca, PA)
95 Jason Mills (So., 6-2, 235 - Stony Point, NY)

LB 58 Mark Plumby (Jr., 5-11, 215 - Wheeling, WV)
92 Brian Reddy (So., 6-4, 225 - Morristown, NJ)

LB 54 Justin Stovall (Sr., 5-11, 215 - Melbourne, FL)
43 Chris Bacon (So., 5-10, 215 - Jacksonville, FL)

LB 17 Andy Romans (So., 5-11, 215 - Allendale, NJ)
51 Spencer Brown (Fr., 6-1, 215 - Newport Richey, FL)

CB 46 Adrian Lawson (Jr., 5-9, 170 - Hyattsville, MD)
15 Jeriah Cohen (Sr., 5-9, 185 - Ocala, FL)

SS 47 Trey Martell (Sr., 6-0, 190 - Sarasota, FL)
6 Bryan Kazimierowski (Sr., 6-4, 210 - Camp Hill, PA)

FS 19 Torian Johnson (Sr., 6-2, 195 - Largo, FL)
26 Nigel Bryant (So., 6-1, 195 - Dade City, FL)

CB 28 Marvin Clecidor (So., 5-10, 175 - Lakeland, FL)
12 Chad Hunter (Sr., 6-0, 180 - Winter Springs, FL)

Specialists:

K 1 Rick Ziska (Sr., 5-8, 175 - Sinking Spring, PA)
10 Matther Korn (Jr., 5-8, 160 - Shirley, NY)

P 83 David Yankovich (Jr., 6-0, 185 - Richboro, PA)
1 Rick Ziska (Sr., 5-8, 175 - Sinking Spring, PA)

HO 3 Brad Maurer (Sr., 6-0, 205 - Loveland, OH)
LS 70 Leo Plenski (So., 6-5, 300 - Bristol, PA)
KR 9 Shaun Adair (So., 5-10, 180 - Morristown, NJ)
23 Anthony D’Urso (Jr., 5-9, 190 - Fairfield, NJ)
PR 13 Kyle Roeder (Jr., 5-10, 185 - Wyckoff, NJ)
8 Duaeno Dorsey (Jr., 6-0, 180 - Gaithersburg, MD)

Brown the only frosh. Archie still shows, so not sure how up to date. Some things are new, however, like Moore backing up two spots and Lippert backing up RG.

cosmo here
August 28th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Brown the only frosh. Archie still shows, so not sure how up to date. Some things are new, however, like Moore backing up two spots and Lippert backing up RG.

I think that's your key. Also no Maurice White, no movement at the corners or on the O line. Tavani probably didn't want to play his hand this early, we should find out more tomorrow.

Andy
August 28th, 2006, 08:06 PM
I guess, Cos, but there are changes here from the media guide two deep, yet it must be from before the scrimmage. You think Mo will be listed ahead of D'Urso? Mo looked real good in the scrimmage, but I'll bet a Fisher Field fried dough that D'Urso remains at back-up (unless you have an inside source, then all bets are off). Clecidor and Lawson at the corners would not surprise me either. Thomson had his ankle rolled on and was not practicing leading up to the scrimmage. Media quotes and game notes tomorrow, we'll see, but like I said, I'm impatient. Gate's notes are up on their site with some two deep surprises.

cosmo here
August 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM
even if Mo White isn't on the depth chart I think he earned some carries in the opener with his play in the scrimmage, so I might have jumped the gun at tailback. with all the young linemen and the talk of some movement at corner earlier in camp I would guess those are the two positions that aren't set yet. looking at SHU's roster those wide receivers and the QB look good, thank god our safeties are back.

LeopardFan04
August 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Turf's going down on the webcam!!! Looks like the East endzone is being put down now...great news!

cosmo here
August 29th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Big day at Fisher Field today, the turf starts to go down, new photo gallery up on the website along with game notes for SHU. sucks that AGS was down all day . .

I don't want to steal Andy's thunder so I'll let him post his observations first. :)

Andy
August 29th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Big day at Fisher Field today, the turf starts to go down, new photo gallery up on the website along with game notes for SHU. sucks that AGS was down all day . .

I don't want to steal Andy's thunder so I'll let him post his observations first. :)

Very nice, Cos, let the old timer go first.:) Well, I observe that you were right on in several ways as to the two deep. Mo White makes it WITH D'Urso and the DBs are the upperclassmen Hunter and Williams. Good job, Cos. I have to believe Lawson is not starting because the surgery has him behind schedule. These DBs are gonna get tested. I expect a lot of blitzing (big surprise) to help them out.

I must say the Sports Info people (Greg ei al) are doing a real nice job this year! Great photos, notes and media quotes today.

thoughts on all the goings on, guys?

cosmo here
August 29th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Very nice, Cos, let the old timer go first.:) Well, I observe that you were right on in several ways as to the two deep. Mo White makes it WITH D'Urso and the DBs are the upperclassmen Hunter and Williams. Good job, Cos. I have to believe Lawson is not starting because the surgery has him behind schedule. These DBs are gonna get tested. I expect a lot of blitzing (big surprise) to help them out.

I must say the Sports Info people (Greg ei al) are doing a real nice job this year! Great photos, notes and media quotes today.

thoughts on all the goings on, guys?

well, my thoughts are . . Frank talked up White and Williams in the preseason so I figured they'd be in the depth chart . . didn't figure that Williams would start though!! that's two corners that have jumped from obscurity, with Clecidor in the spring, maybe he regressed? it would be great to see some of Lawson, he seemed like the only known quantity a month ago.

other quick hits - Conte over Willard who was the third TE all last year. freshman Wojcik at backup center over two or three upperclassmen. Leggiero at backup middle linebacker over Bacon, and a number of other (heralded) freshmen. Johnson, Martell, Kaz, Quarterman, Bryant with no space on two-deep, we're loaded at safety. Adair getting return duties, so explosive.

new turf looks great, finally something's down. hopefully the rain holds off :confused: :confused:

Andy
August 29th, 2006, 10:41 PM
well, my thoughts are . . Frank talked up White and Williams in the preseason so I figured they'd be in the depth chart . .
didn't figure that Williams would start though!! that's two corners that have jumped from obscurity, with Clecidor in the spring, maybe he regressed? it would be great to see some of Lawson, he seemed like the only known quantity a month ago.

other quick hits - Conte over Willard who was the third TE all last year. freshman Wojcik at backup center over two or three upperclassmen. Leggiero at backup middle linebacker over Bacon, and a number of other (heralded) freshmen. Johnson, Martell, Kaz, Quarterman, Bryant with no space on two-deep, we're loaded at safety. Adair getting return duties, so explosive.

new turf looks great, finally something's down. hopefully the rain holds off :confused: :confused:

KR--Adair and whomever: I hope they watch some film of LJ--get up to full speed, one veer and go. No pussy-footin around as some of our guys were want to do. LJ was so good.

Wojcik is very big and I'm sure a good player, but to be fair, Josh Lupini is hurt--shoulder and lingering knee problems.

I feel bad for Quarterman, a capable player who just can't get on the field.

Hope this guy gets some PT:

ngineer
August 29th, 2006, 11:13 PM
the intrepid Ngineer infiltrated Fisher Field today to check up on the 'goin's on'...Very nice. Lost a few seats on the home side, but closer to the field and the lower rows won't be missed. No one could ever see from there anyway. Excellent improvement for bigger stands on the north side, though we LU Alums will be alongside y'all as usual I presume on November 18.
Question on the upper level rest rooms and concessions--eliminated? With the new press box, it appears to have taken away those 'commodities'--which will certainly be needed.
Field Turf was just started to be laid out in the east endzone. Still a lot o work and with all this rain coming, the schedule could be in jeopardy for the 16th. Gonna have to have your CM kick some butt.;)
Congrats on what looks like a fine upgrade...:nod:

cosmo here
August 30th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Question on the upper level rest rooms and concessions--eliminated? With the new press box, it appears to have taken away those 'commodities'--which will certainly be needed.

the press box is being built on top of the rest rooms and concessions on the upper concourse. the ground floor is already poured and I assume work is being done inside . . it looks like they're continuing to build the press box structure this morning and will pour the concrete for the walls by the weekend. it might be a push to get that done though.

carney2
August 30th, 2006, 08:34 AM
So, what's the consensus for 9/16, guys?

Playing surface will be ready to go.
All stands will have seats.
There will be some semblance of a press box, but it, and almost everything else, stands some chance of being less than 100%.

Does that sum it up?

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2006, 08:39 AM
So, what's the consensus for 9/16, guys?

Playing surface will be ready to go.
All stands will have seats.
There will be some semblance of a press box, but it, and almost everything else, stands some chance of being less than 100%.

Does that sum it up?

Yeah... if Ernesto causes havoc and a downpour, things might be in jeopardy here... speaking of... my bet is the Delaware floods... again..

ngineer
August 30th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Forecast, now, is for rain starting Friday afternoon and continuing THROUGH NEXT THURSDAY as scattered thunderstorms, etc....Will certainly be a test to the crews if the conditions deteriorate through this weekend's 'event'...
Thanks for the clarification on the press box, concession, rest room area. Who cares if the press has to stand and take notes for the first few games. 'Toughen 'em up'...;)

Franks Tanks
August 30th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Forecast, now, is for rain starting Friday afternoon and continuing THROUGH NEXT THURSDAY as scattered thunderstorms, etc....Will certainly be a test to the crews if the conditions deteriorate through this weekend's 'event'...
Thanks for the clarification on the press box, concession, rest room area. Who cares if the press has to stand and take notes for the first few games. 'Toughen 'em up'...;)

Ya im not worried about the press if teh press box doesnt get finished, but I am worrid as quite a few coaches watch and call games from the press box. This can be a major incovenience and probably the biggest thing that scares me.

cosmo here
August 30th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Ya im not worried about the press if teh press box doesnt get finished, but I am worrid as quite a few coaches watch and call games from the press box. This can be a major incovenience and probably the biggest thing that scares me.

I have to admit I don't really follow the "screw the press box" mentality. Here's a post from the Lafayette board that sort of sums it up, in response to a comment like "let the suits stroll the sidelines like President Weiss".

Why would someone want to keep their electrical equipment (computer or otherwise) dry? I can't imagine a good reason other than fear of electrocution, costs of replacement of the equipment and about 3000 other reasons.

Maybe they could run the scoreboard without a control panel -- perhaps a sundial would work...or they could have Jim Finnen yell to the crowd instead of using a public address system (maybe just a bullhorn). Instead of filming the game, the team can just take Polaroid photos and piece them together almost like one of the new motion picture things I have heard about.

At least four coaches were in the press box coaching booths from each team. I'm sure they could just as easily do their job from the top of the bleachers. I doubt anyone would bother them. It's probably a lot easier for them to concentrate on playcalling and formation while being rained on.

If you had ever been to the Fisher Field press box or walked by it (with the leaking ceiling, moss on the carpet, hornets nests in the walls, windows that were unsafe to sit under and that fogged over when it rained) you could guarantee that no one was ever in a suit.

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2006, 02:34 PM
Second row of the press box is going up...

Three rows of chairbacks have been installed...

The entire playing area has been laid..

And it's a nice day :D

cosmo here
August 31st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Andy, read that you're listening to the coaches show tonight, what were you able to gather? I'm stuck here watching a lackluster broadcast of the BC-Central Michigan game . . waiting for your full Lafayette report. :)

ngineer
August 31st, 2006, 08:16 PM
Second row of the press box is going up...

Three rows of chairbacks have been installed...

The entire playing area has been laid..

And it's a nice day :D

No wonder everyone was walking around with glazed looks in their eyes this morning....;)

Andy
August 31st, 2006, 10:24 PM
Andy, read that you're listening to the coaches show tonight, what were you able to gather? I'm stuck here watching a lackluster broadcast of the BC-Central Michigan game . . waiting for your full Lafayette report. :)

Sorry, Cos, the Coach's show was a no show. All-Access is still getting their "enhanced" act together, apparently. I got my new pass word, they have new graphics and I got a full schedule of coach's shows starting today at 7--got as far as the media player and it said try back later. Later, there was no schedule, then a schedule only including two shows in November. Now, no schedule. What a mess....

cosmo here
August 31st, 2006, 10:57 PM
Sorry, Cos, the Coach's show was a no show. All-Access is still getting their "enhanced" act together, apparently. I got my new pass word, they have new graphics and I got a full schedule of coach's shows starting today at 7--got as far as the media player and it said try back later. Later, there was no schedule, then a schedule only including two shows in November. Now, no schedule. What a mess....

hopefully they get everything together for Saturday . . I guess you don't get RCN cable? Frank probably said the same things as the luncheon anyways, what really matters will be on the field in CT. what are your final thoughts before the game? how much will the weather conditions affect the game, even on turf?

Andy
September 1st, 2006, 12:28 AM
hopefully they get everything together for Saturday . . I guess you don't get RCN cable? Frank probably said the same things as the luncheon anyways, what really matters will be on the field in CT. what are your final thoughts before the game? how much will the weather conditions affect the game, even on turf?

Well, I hope our kids are as excited about the season as we on this board.

Those who know SH the best predicted a last place finish for them, so we can't build them into something they're not. But they do have some excellent individuals including a dangerous QB coupled with some good WRs. If they're going to hurt us, it will be in the air, particularly the long ball, as Coach mentioned. So, the weather hurts them more IMO than us. (last I saw, looks like 1-2 inches from Fri night thru Sat, not too bad) We're gonna grind em up, get a lot of work for the monsters, and get Jon 150. I will be holding my breath until Brad hits the turf a few times and bounces back up.

I'll be looking at who, above the two-deep, makes the travel squad--what youngsters are on the STs, a sign of who has earned the coach's respect. I can't make out a lot about the individual players until I get my tape from a buddy in the Valley, but when I do I'll be looking to see how Conte, et al, do at TE; Kody in the DT rotation; highly touted Padilla, finally getting in there; the soph RBs; Romans; Reddy; Roeder on the PRs. You got me going, Cos.

Did you see the Hurt article in Thursday's Call? I think he's gonna explode on Saturday. Are you with me on this?

cosmo here
September 1st, 2006, 08:38 AM

Those who know SH the best predicted a last place finish for them, so we can't build them into something they're not. But they do have some excellent individuals including a dangerous QB coupled with some good WRs. If they're going to hurt us, it will be in the air, particularly the long ball, as Coach mentioned. So, the weather hurts them more IMO than us. (last I saw, looks like 1-2 inches from Fri night thru Sat, not too bad) We're gonna grind em up, get a lot of work for the monsters, and get Jon 150. I will be holding my breath until Brad hits the turf a few times and bounces back up.

I'll be looking at who, above the two-deep, makes the travel squad--what youngsters are on the STs, a sign of who has earned the coach's respect. I can't make out a lot about the individual players until I get my tape from a buddy in the Valley, but when I do I'll be looking to see how Conte, et al, do at TE; Kody in the DT rotation; highly touted Padilla, finally getting in there; the soph RBs; Romans; Reddy; Roeder on the PRs. You got me going, Cos.

Did you see the Hurt article in Thursday's Call? I think he's gonna explode on Saturday. Are you with me on this?

I'm with you on Hurt . . I want to see him get hit a couple times though, too. Until he rolls off 25 carry, 125 yard games regularly it's still Jordan Scott . . I'm glad that's motivating him. He's right on the per carry average though, right at 5.0 is outstanding. And of the 10+ fumbles, four or five were at the goal line just exerting extra effort, hold onto that and run the next play. We'll be OK there.

Maurer will be fine, whether it's the Brad of 2004 or 2005, we're in good shape. Center-QB exchange in the rain with the new center, fortunately it's turf and not mud. The O-line moving straight ahead should be impressive . . hopefully they have the protection calls down when SHU walks everybody to the line. Just hit Adair Ort and Hutson over the top, they'll back off.

On defense, the line will get after it and wreak havoc, let the linebackers settle in. Although from the E-T article today, Stovall and Romans are more than ready. We can't let Arciaga stay balanced. If they throw long as much as it seems, catch one of those and make them think about it. I like our safeties back there.

Lafalumni29
September 1st, 2006, 09:36 AM

And explode he will!! The game notes show that our OL out weighs SH's d-line by 50 pounds a man. Pheeew!! No one is more of a 'nervous nelly' than me, but I think it could get ugly in the rain boys. POUND-POUND-POUND. We should get to see all of the RB's in action. They do have some athlete's but their transfer QB was sacked 27 times last year, 7 against CCSU. You know Coach Loose is licking his chops on this one. Their 6'4" receiver, who is also a high jumper for the track team and an all league guard for the b- ball team, had surgery and will not be ready for the game. YEA!!

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2006, 10:41 AM
The jury is still out on Hurt from this end... I am going to need to see him in action for a few games before rendering a judgement. My main concern for tomorrow is the performance of the secondary. It is a good thing that they are going up against a talented passing attack immeadiately to start the season.. but a few lucky strikes and SHU could very well be in the game. If our DL and LBs put enough pressure on the QB, that will minimize the long-threat. However, I do want to see the CBs challenged. Outside of that, I have no real worries entering tomorrow.. save for punting... Maurer, OL, RBs, WRs, DL, LBs, SS.. all look ready to roll.

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2006, 10:49 AM
Goal posts are up.. sidelines are down... chugging along!

cosmo here
September 1st, 2006, 08:19 PM
Blake Costanzo Alert . . Jets and Eagles on 6 ABC, game's early in the fourth quarter right now. Cut time is 6 p.m. tomorrow, so hopefully the 'Pards can put on a show and Blake has made a good impression on the Jets. The halftime piece during the game tomorrow is on Blake also :)

cosmo here
September 1st, 2006, 08:27 PM
Just an editorial comment, I know it doesn't have anything to do with Fisher Field being done or the SHU game tomorrow . . but Stacy Tutt, the former QB from Richmond, is doing a great job blocking and receiving at fullback for the Jets. Every time I look at him, I wonder how we beat them twice . . although Dave Clawson deserves some thanks the second time around xlolx

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2006, 11:39 PM
Just an editorial comment, I know it doesn't have anything to do with Fisher Field being done or the SHU game tomorrow . . but Stacy Tutt, the former QB from Richmond, is doing a great job blocking and receiving at fullback for the Jets. Every time I look at him, I wonder how we beat them twice . . although Dave Clawson deserves some thanks the second time around xlolx

It's called Bennett, Costanzo, and Witherspoon... :nod: .. and the DL.. and the secondary... that was a supberb defensive effort on our behalf dont' forget... Tutt did take a few snaps, but was ineffective and Clawson kept shuttling QBs in and out..

Andy
September 2nd, 2006, 09:18 AM
Guys, check out the scoreboard photos--#14-15 in latest photo gallery at goleopards.com !!!

Lafalumni29
September 2nd, 2006, 10:13 AM
Guys, check out the scoreboard photos--#14-15 in latest photo gallery at goleopards.com !!!
Those polls look big enough for a jumbotron boys!!!!

carney2
September 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Can't get the webcam so I did a drive by today. Welcome to the 2006 Construction Bowl. No way this is done by the 16th. The game will be played in the middle of an operating construction site. Here's what I saw:

The playing surface appears near completion and (to the casual observer) just about ready to go. The logos are down in each end zone and at midfield. The edges are a little ragged, but that's not a big deal at this point.

The seats are nearly all in place. They still need to be numbered.

That's the good news. The rest is a shambles - and only 11 days to go (can't count the 16th which is game day).

Five of the light standards are in place, with bulbs, and apparently properly aligned. Whether they are properly hooked up to the juice is anybody's guess. They promised us six light standards and I can only guess that the final one is going on top of or behind the press box.

Speaking of the press box, it is still in the early stages. It will ultimately rest on top of a concourse/walkway behind the home stands. At the moment it is only a wooden shell. A long way to go here. Since one has to believe that they will have something on the 16th, I can only envision card tables and folding chairs in cinder block rooms with extension cords running out to Markle Hall.

There are no functioning toilets anywhere in Fisher Field. In fact, forget functioning toilets, there are no toilets in Fisher Field. Since you have to believe that building codes, etc. require toilets at the site of public gatherings, I'm sure that something will be done, but they have a long way to go.

The concrete for the walkways at the top of the home stands has not yet been poured - or even framed in.

I could go on - and on - but I will summarize by saying that I do not believe that this can be even close to completed for the Yale game, let alone the opener vs. Penn. I believe that there will still be some semblance of construction for Holy Cross on 10/21 (not including the Varsity House, which may be started by then), and it will still have that unfinished look about it for Georgetown and Lehigh. If you want to see the new Fisher Field, be sure that you have your ticket for the September 1, 2007 Monmouth game.

Andy
September 4th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the report, Carney. There are photos taken 9/3 on the athletics website. I still find it hard to believe that I'll be watching my favorite team in this gorgeous $23 million stadium. Now there is even word of a "jumbotron" video scoreboard. At Lafayette! Fantastic, thank you, thank you, donors. If I have to use the restroom in KSC or Pfenning for awhile, small price to pay. Go Pards!

Pards Rule
September 5th, 2006, 08:33 AM
They shouldn't waste valuable time bothering hooking up the lights now - they aren't even to be used this season. Focus on the press box and bathrooms. Change orders have brought this baby up to $25 million!

cosmo here
September 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM
They shouldn't waste valuable time bothering hooking up the lights now - they aren't even to be used this season. Focus on the press box and bathrooms. Change orders have brought this baby up to $25 million!

There are so many different contractors working on the project that hooking up the lights doesn't affect the press box and bathrooms.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2006, 08:44 AM
There are so many different contractors working on the project that hooking up the lights doesn't affect the press box and bathrooms.

Yikes, doesn't anybody know how to hold it?

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the report, Carney. There are photos taken 9/3 on the athletics website. I still find it hard to believe that I'll be watching my favorite team in this gorgeous $23 million stadium. Now there is even word of a "jumbotron" video scoreboard. At Lafayette! Fantastic, thank you, thank you, donors. If I have to use the restroom in KSC or Pfenning for awhile, small price to pay. Go Pards!

Jumbotron eh? Interesting... Colgate recently got a new board and 13 has been touting it... ours will apparently mimic theirs from what I hear on here and voy... advertising sponsors all over the board...

Andy
September 5th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Alums report that the scoreboard/video screen (paid for through advertising) will be delivered today. I'd like to see the install covered by webcam.

Pards Rule
September 5th, 2006, 09:22 AM
They should swing it..ain't nothing else interesting to look at anymore as stuff is done or inside work now (electrical, plumbing). GIT R DONE!

carney2
September 5th, 2006, 09:26 AM
The scoreboard is really big news - emphasis on the word "news" since, to the best of my recollection, none of the info from the College has ever mentioned it. I was amazed at the size of the base when I saw it yesterday. Kudos to whomever. To spend all of this $$ to make all of these changes and then merely relocate the Class of 1960 Gift (that's the old scoreboard in case you don't remember) to a new location would have left the job unfinished.

Pards Rule
September 5th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Carney, it's my fault. A few weeks ago when I had my conversation with Bruce (the facilities manager), he mentioned they were getting a jumbotron board but I neglected to mention it. I did see the sign from the old board "Gift of Class of 1960" forlornly sitting in the lower level of the Markle Hall parking deck.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2006, 12:02 PM
The class officer for 1960 must not be none too pleased.. :nono:

Saw some pictures on goleopards.com and they look awesome... very clear and many angles to view. I was able to get a view from where I will hopefully have my Lehigh tickets (recently mailed the form!) However, I don't like the the new format thorugh CSTV.. you cannot cut and paste them into your computer..

..also, it's funny to note how we created yet again another rambling thread of hodge-podge issues... xlolx

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
The scoreboard is really big news - emphasis on the word "news" since, to the best of my recollection, none of the info from the College has ever mentioned it. I was amazed at the size of the base when I saw it yesterday. Kudos to whomever. To spend all of this $$ to make all of these changes and then merely relocate the Class of 1960 Gift (that's the old scoreboard in case you don't remember) to a new location would have left the job unfinished.

Here is what Colgate's new scoreboard looks like, courtesy of 13's pics..

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1061/1022/1600/scoreboard%20019.jpg

The structure and size of the steel so far mimics this board... personally I kind of have mixed feelings about it... seeing all that guady advertising is really loathsome and the ads distract from the football information... I really hope ours doesn't have ads... if it does.. call me an old fart, but the 1960 scoreboard was just fine...