PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 9 (2012)

bonarae
November 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Two weeks left... Only Penn and Harvard are in the race... Princeton's out of consideration already... xrulesx

Princeton at Yale - too late for Princeton...
Harvard at Penn - another game that will decide the title... (and hopefully get things settled)
Cornell at Columbia - both suffered heavy losses this week
Brown at Dartmouth

Go Green
November 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Two weeks left... Only Penn and Harvard are in the race... Princeton's out of consideration already... xrulesx

If Penn beats Harvard next week, and then loses to Cornell the following week, and either Dartmouth or Princeton win out, then the Dartmouth-Princeton winner will claim a share of the title.

bulldog10jw
November 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
If Penn beats Harvard next week, and then loses to Cornell the following week, and either Dartmouth or Princeton win out, then the Dartmouth-Princeton winner will claim a share of the title.

It's nice to dream

bulldog10jw
November 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM

Harvard at Penn - another game that will decide the title... (and hopefully get things settled)
Brown at Dartmouth

Agree. I'm back and forth on Brown-Dartmouth, but I'll give the very slight edge to the home team.

Go Green
November 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
It's nice to dream

Well, it's not like I said "If Yale beats Harvard..."

;)

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Agree. I'm back and forth on Brown-Dartmouth, but I'll give the very slight edge to the home team.

Same here.

Ivytalk
November 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I agree with every one of these picks.

And I will consider our season a complete success if we beat Yale.

That would give Princeton its first Big 3 crown since when? 2006?

CHIP72
November 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM

Penn will have beaten all the other teams with 2 conference losses (Harvard and either Princeton or Dartmouth) in that scenario.

CHIP72
November 4th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I can't see the Quakers knocking off the Crimson, but then again Princeton did beat Harvard so you never know...

Go Green
November 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Penn will have beaten all the other teams with 2 conference losses (Harvard and either Princeton or Dartmouth) in that scenario.

It's still a shared title. It's not like Penn would get the Ivy's autobid to the playoffs.

Everyone is deemed co-champions (even if it's three teams). Everyone gets rings, everyone gets banners, and the league trophy will physically rotate among the three campuses (campi) for the year.

Go Green
November 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Brown at Dartmouth

I posted my predictions last week on Thursday. Got them all correct and Dartmouth played their best game of the season, to boot.

Being superstitious, I will again post my predictions on Thursday.

I agree with the above (except the "Only Harvard and Penn in the race" thing). I'm hoping for a repeat of 1982. xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'm hoping for a repeat of 1982. xthumbsupx

What a pussified, kiss-your-sister season that was.xrolleyesx

Go Green
November 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
What a pussified, kiss-your-sister season that was.xrolleyesx

I'd prefer a repeat of 1970 or 1996 myself.

But at this point in time, 1982 is the best I can hope for.

xrotatehxxcoolx;)

Ivytalk
November 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I'd prefer a repeat of 1970 or 1996 myself.

But at this point in time, 1982 is the best I can hope for.

xrotatehxxcoolx;)

I'd settle for 2004 or 2001, but that won't happen!:p

Still pissed off about that P'ton meltdown.xmadx

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Yup. Bonfire! BONFIRE!

Sorry, that is politically incorrect and dangerous. No bonfire for you. xnonox

Pard4Life
November 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
The Harvard-Penn game will not even be close. Penn is nowhere near as strong as usual... close games against Columbia and Yale. Harvard 58, Penn 14.

bulldog10jw
November 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
The Harvard-Penn game will not even be close. Penn is nowhere near as strong as usual... close games against Columbia and Yale. Harvard 58, Penn 14.

Penn 30 Harvard 21. None of us know anything about Ivy League football. How could a team that lost to Yale, YALE of all teams, win the league. We'll see next week if they win it outright. I'm hoping Cornell manages to screw things up even more. Is a 4 way tie still possible?

bonarae
November 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
ALL FINALS:

Penn 30, Harvard 21 - not again. xsmhx
Princeton 29, Yale 7
Columbia 34, Cornell 17
Brown 28, Dartmouth 24

Harvard is now out of the title race... xnonono2x

centraljerseycat
November 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Wow it was all set up for Dartmouth to win the Ivy next week. But Dartmouth blows it at the end. Typical for a Buddy Teevens team who has never won a big game in 2 decades of coaching. I don't know how you Big Green fans tolerate him.

bulldog10jw
November 10th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Harvard is now out of the title race... xnonono2x

Not true. Harvard can still win a co-championship if Cornell beats Penn, something which is quite possible with no Ragone playing for Penn.

Ivytalk
November 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Harvard has been psychotic this year. Two big cow flops on the road. Losing to PennState always hurts, but they're just faux Ivy Leaguers. We'll find a way to beat Yale, I think, but I predict less than capacity at Harvard.