PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of hearing all this hype about NDSU

EaglePower
October 31st, 2012, 01:17 AM
NDSU is way overrated in terms of their schedule strength this season. They would have lost the game they played last week against an unranked SIU at HOME, had the refs not been working in their favor. Against quality teams, NDSU isn't playing well this season. You saw them lose to ISU. Every other team you have beat has been poop.

-Robert Morris (2-6) the only two teams they beat are complete poop schools.

-Colorado State (2-6) only two wins are from schools with a worse record than them, both Colorado and Hawaii are at (1-6) (worst FBS team in the country and any top 25 FCS team can beat any of these schools)

-Prairie View A&M (3-5) in literally the worst FCS conference, with their only wins being worse schools.

-Northern Iowa (2-6) one of their wins is a d2 school central state, and the other was a fluke game they shouldn't have won.

-Youngstown State (4-4) was overrated before even playing NDSU, which built up lots of hype when NDSU beat them, and they are on a losing streak.

-Indiana State (7-2) the first quality team you actually played, and you lost to them. It's funny that you say it was mistakes that made you lose.

-South Dakota (1-7) do I even need to explain why they are bad? Their only win is to Colgate for gods sake.

-Southern Illinois (5-4) The only above average team you actually beat this season. They were leading most of the game anyway. They probably just gave up because they didn't want to make you guys look bad at home, and probably wanted you to get the #1 seed over GSU to represent their conference.

-Missouri State (3-6) another mediocre team that you guys will stomp over and say how great you are for beating them.

-South Dakota State (6-2) have a good chance of beating you. They beat ISU, who beat you. The only advantage you have is that it's a homer.

So all this hype over beating ONE quality team is bs. Most of your schedule consists of horrible teams, and you do not deserve the top ranking in any poll/power ranking.

DJKyR0
October 31st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Too bad.

uofmman1122
October 31st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Popcorn.jpeg

xlolx

EaglePower
October 31st, 2012, 01:59 AM
In case you are wondering, here is why GSU deserves the #1 spot over NDSU

-Jacksonville university (6-2) sure they aren't in the best conference, but at least they are winning games (unlike Prairie View) and we destroyed them

-The Citadel (4-4) Our only loss in the 2nd week of play, which we were still juggling quarterbacks. They are notorious this season for doing extremely well against our option offense. We lost in the last 30 seconds of the game to a field goal on their military appreciation day (MILITARY SCHOOL). They got a lucky kick and upset us very closely, and they destroyed App state, which is worth mentioning.

-Elon (3-5) not in the top of our conference, but they are still better than all those cupcake (2-6) schools you guy have played.

-Samford (5-3) We played them when they were undefeated and it was considered an upset at the time. Much better team than all those cupcake schools you played this season, and we beat them by a very good margin. (19 points)

-Western Carolina (1-8) sure they are bad, but at least we destroyed them at their own stadium. I still think they could beat some of the bad teams you played, such as Prairie View, Robert Morris, and South Dakota. Also: note how they never get shut out, unlike those cupcake schools you play. They kept it pretty close with App last week

-Wofford (7-1) we served them their only loss. Wofford is, by far, better than any team you have played this season, and if you care to argue against that, I'd like to hear it. We beat Wofford as the underdog, and upset them. They are already looking at a good seed in the playoffs if they win out.

-Furman (3-6) they are our rival, and records don't matter when playing a rivalry game. That being said, almost all of Furman's losses are extremely close, and they have an fbs loss to Clemson. Furman is better than all but two of the teams you played this season thus far, and you lost to one of them.

-Chattanooga (4-4) was a very close game, went into 3OT, but we powered through at their stadium in front of their crowd. Their only losses are to very good teams, and one FBS. Most of their games are extremely close, like Furmans. Chattanooga is better than almost all of the teams you played this season. Please try to argue against that.

-App State (6-3) One of the better schools we are playing this season, who have a great history. If we win this, which I'm positive we will, we are undoubtedly #1. They are also better than any team you have played this season.

-Howard (5-3) our homecoming game next week. We will almost definitely steamroll them. They are decent in their conference, but will not be able to compete with us. Still would beat any of your cupcake (2-6) schools.

-Georgia #6 FBS (7-1) better than any school almost all FCS schools play, other than when we played Alabama last year and scored more points on them than any other FBS team during their 2011 season. We will most likely lose to Georgia, but this still proves that we have a much more difficult schedule than you.

Please tell me that you deserve the #1 rank now.

FargoBison
October 31st, 2012, 02:03 AM
Our SOS per Massey is #15 in the FCS. I remember hearing the same BS last year. But like you said we still play SDSU and ISUR. That said, I feel that what NDSU has done so far speaks for itself.

Sent from my MB886

EaglePower
October 31st, 2012, 02:17 AM
Our SOS per Massey is #15 in the FCS. I remember hearing the same BS last year. But like you said we still play SDSU and ISUR. That said, I feel that what NDSU has done so far speaks for itself.

Sent from my MB886

The Massey rating's are highly inaccurate. There is no way in hell our schedule is easier than yours.

frozennorth
October 31st, 2012, 02:19 AM
butthurt GSU trolls are the best.

frozennorth
October 31st, 2012, 02:20 AM
The Massey rating's are highly inaccurate. There is no way in hell our schedule is easier than yours.

the mvfc is much better than the socon this year top to bottom.

FargoBison
October 31st, 2012, 02:20 AM

Sagarin also has NDSU above GSU in SOS.

Sent from my MB886

EaglePower
October 31st, 2012, 02:25 AM
the mvfc is much better than the socon this year top to bottom.

Please, tell me what teams in the MVFC are good enough to justify it being better than the SoCon.

FargoBison
October 31st, 2012, 02:28 AM
Please, tell me what teams in the MVFC are good enough to justify it being better than the SoCon.
The mvfc is so good that 4-4 YSU beat Pitt and 2-6 UNI took Wisconsin and Iowa to the wire(not bad for a team you called a cupcake).

Sent from my MB886

frozennorth
October 31st, 2012, 03:30 AM
everyone but wiu, msu, and usd.

PLease, tell me what teams in the SoCon are good enough to justify it being better than the MVFC

frozennorth
October 31st, 2012, 03:30 AM
double post

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2012, 05:15 AM

Yes, Massey is far more inaccurate than your lame *** assessment of the SoCon

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

pike51
October 31st, 2012, 06:41 AM
As a GSU fan who thinks they can and should win every game they play because I know what we are capable of... I'll straight up say I'm not positive we are firing on all cylinders yet. Hence the reason we don't deserve the #1 ranking. If we continue to win ( even with a UGA loss ) and then win through the playoffs, we will be #1 when it counts, the end of the season. Until then, it really doesn't matter other than our seed. I'm hoping for a 1 or 2 seed so we can stay home but ill take a 3 as long as we don't play NDSU until Frisco. Out of all the teams I've watched, NDSU and ODU are the 2 who,scare me the most. I only want to play 1 of them. Sure would be nice if they meet in the semis.

Now... Besides that, we are GSU, everyone else sucks! Go crawl in a hole and give us our damn trophy! LOL

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2012, 06:56 AM
The only problem I have with this post is him saying we got lucky and shouldn't have beat SDSU. When you win 27-6 this is not a fluke. We thoroughly destroyed the Jacks. Nothing fluky about it we finally played a game up to our full potential.

Again you want to call us a bad team I have no problem we are right now, but to call a 3 TD win a fluke I do have a problem.

I agree that the MVFC is over hyped. The problem is I have seen NDSU in person and when they put a full game together they are not an over hyped team.

MSUDuo
October 31st, 2012, 07:11 AM
Do you want a cookie? Well that make you feel better?

What does a #1 ranking get you right now?

Thundar
October 31st, 2012, 07:13 AM
NDSU is way overrated in terms of their schedule strength this season. They would have lost the game they played last week against an unranked SIU at HOME, had the refs not been working in their favor. Against quality teams, NDSU isn't playing well this season. You saw them lose to ISU. Every other team you have beat has been poop.

-Colorado State (2-6) only two wins are from schools with a worse record than them, both Colorado and Hawaii are at (1-6) (worst FBS team in the country and any top 25 FCS team can beat any of these schools)

-Prairie View A&M (3-5) in literally the worst FCS conference, with their only wins being worse schools.

-Northern Iowa (2-6) one of their wins is a d2 school central state, and the other was a fluke game they shouldn't have won.

-Youngstown State (4-4) was overrated before even playing NDSU, which built up lots of hype when NDSU beat them, and they are on a losing streak.

-Indiana State (7-2) the first quality team you actually played, and you lost to them. It's funny that you say it was mistakes that made you lose.

-South Dakota (1-7) do I even need to explain why they are bad? Their only win is to Colgate for gods sake.

-Southern Illinois (5-4) The only above average team you actually beat this season. They were leading most of the game anyway. They probably just gave up because they didn't want to make you guys look bad at home, and probably wanted you to get the #1 seed over GSU to represent their conference.

-Missouri State (3-6) another mediocre team that you guys will stomp over and say how great you are for beating them.

-South Dakota State (6-2) have a good chance of beating you. They beat ISU, who beat you. The only advantage you have is that it's a homer.

So all this hype over beating ONE quality team is bs. Most of your schedule consists of horrible teams, and you do not deserve the top ranking in any poll/power ranking.

34-14 and 35-7 ring a bell?

In case you forgot those are the scores of our last to *** beatings we put on you guys, and both times all we heard was how we are overrated, slow, weak schedule etc.....until you beat us STFU

The Eagle's Cliff
October 31st, 2012, 07:15 AM
I voted GSU #1 in my poll, but ONLY because they were #2 and I didn't see NDSU do anything to justify jumping GSU. However, I KNOW GSU might not even be a Top 5 team. The O-Line hasn't been very good and 6 of the 9 rotating starters have some nagging injury. Our defense has holes that can be exploited by certain teams. I'm most impressed by the Eagles "finding a way to win" and wins over App St and Howard will secure at least a #2 seed which is as good as #1. I'm not at all sure GSU could get past ODU or UNH or Wofford again, but the week off between UGA and our first playoff game would go a long way to helping some guys get healthy.

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2012, 07:23 AM
Like coach Bohl says every week. If you don't show up with your A game you will get beat. We haven't showed up with our A game in many games this season and we are still only a 1 loss team. Good teams find a way to win when faced with adversity. I like our chances again this year especially given that we are going to be getting some guys back off injury. Outside of the YSU game I don't know that we have played a complete game yet this year. If we do put it together and play like we are capable than I like our chances of putting another FCS trophy in the showcase.

Vitojr130
October 31st, 2012, 07:31 AM

I'd say the EaglePower rankings are highly inaccurate... What a joke.

bisonboone11
October 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM

xnonono2x... Is this GSU's version of Lakes (before he got banned) or Mpls?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
I don't know where OP sees all the NDSU "hype" on this board, but I certainly see a lot of MVFC hype. It stems from the MVFC's top teams having more winnable FBS games than the SoCon. App. State and Chatty haven't looked overly impressive against East Carolina and South Florida, but it's not like Indiana State and SDSU (two teams that control their own destiny in the MVFC) looked much better against Indiana and Kansas (two FBS wins between the two of them, and one of them is UMass). Anyone who thinks the MVFC is head-and-shoulders better than the SoCon is just drinking the kool - aid.xrulesx

NDSUstudent
October 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM

I thought by now you would learn your lesson. You guys didn't lose in Fargo last year, you got annihilated. I felt embarrassed for you and your team it was so bad. All I heard last year was Bama this and Bama that. Put up or shut up.

gsu2583
October 31st, 2012, 08:12 AM
When did Heagle go down with his ACL? Are the playoffs even an option for him?

bisonboone11
October 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
2nd game of the year I believe, against Colorado State. I can't imagine there is any possibility that he'd be back this year.

THE HERD
October 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM

He went down in the Colorado State game and no he will not be playing again until next year. That should make you feel a little better if in fact we do end up playing again, since he just about single handedly shut the TO down. He was phenomenal that game!

gsu2583
October 31st, 2012, 08:23 AM
I watched the ISU game on ESPN3 (not because it was the sole NDSU loss, just because that's the first one I came across on replay.) The D looked very good. Interior tackling was very nice. Penetration was nice. I thought the ISU dive plays, or runs in between the tackles, for the most part looked slow to develop, giving the linebackers plenty of time to read the play. The O looked... not bad... just boring? (I don't mean that as an insult, just wasn't an explosive offensive game for NDSU.)

I can only play hooky at work so much. I may try and watch the YSU game today. :)

THE HERD
October 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know why everyone is having a pissing match over who is number 1 or 2.........the fact is that if GSU and NDSU take care of their own business(ie win out) we will most likely be the 1 and 2 seeds, so who gives a ***** right now who is one or two. Yeah I know GSU plays the Dawgs and will most likely lose, but if they win there other games and at least show good against UGA I believe they would get a top two seed. As for the guy who started this thread he is seriously delusional......you other Eag fans claim this football guru? The fact remains that there is a lot of season left.....we play 3 more and two of them are ranked teams, so we by no means have a top two seed locked up. Question if the Bison dropped one more game do you still think we would get a seed? I think we probably would, but it would be 4 or 5 and most likely 5 if at all.

gsu2583
October 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
Look at his post count. We both have idiots (hell, I am sometimes.)

Just pulled up the video from YSU. It looks more faded than a pair of jeans at a Def Leppard concert. Horrible quality. Not sure if I can make it through this...

darell1976
October 31st, 2012, 08:37 AM
NDSU didn't have a strong SOS schedule last year but proved it in the playoffs by beating quality teams. Let's see how this season plays out, it could be a repeat performance. Their defense is the best probably ever so their team is legit...overrated would be a strong word. Even I wouldn't use it. As far as who's #1 NDSU or GSU? I say let Frisco decide that.

Apphole
October 31st, 2012, 08:54 AM
If we win this, which I'm positive we will

http://livingtlove.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/chickens_hatch.jpg

cbarrier90
October 31st, 2012, 09:00 AM

I wasn't, but go ahead...

-Jacksonville university (6-2) sure they aren't in the best conference, but at least they are winning games (unlike Prairie View) and we destroyed them

I love arguing over insignificant non-conference games against teams that just play the game for the paycheck!

-The Citadel (4-4) Our only loss in the 2nd week of play, which we were still juggling quarterbacks. They are notorious this season for doing extremely well against our option offense. We lost in the last 30 seconds of the game to a field goal on their military appreciation day (MILITARY SCHOOL). They got a lucky kick and upset us very closely, and they destroyed App state, which is worth mentioning.

"We weren't that good in week 2, and since the Citadel is historically good against us, and since it was military appreciation day and they are a military school it was just too much to overcome, despite them being the only team perhaps in the history of the conference to beat 2 of the "Big 3" and be out of the conference title race by November.

Also, they destroyed App State, and because that still sounds like a huge accomplishment since we love to think of App State as the new SoCon juggernaut despite their youth and injuries this season, it is most certainly worth mentioning."

-Elon (3-5) not in the top of our conference, but they are still better than all those cupcake (2-6) schools you guy have played.

OUR CUPCAKES TASTE BETTER THAN YOUR CUPCAKES...

-Samford (5-3) We played them when they were undefeated and it was considered an upset at the time. Much better team than all those cupcake schools you played this season, and we beat them by a very good margin. (19 points)

Hooray! Your first legitimate argument for the #1 ranking!

-Western Carolina (1-8) sure they are bad, but at least we destroyed them at their own stadium. I still think they could beat some of the bad teams you played, such as Prairie View, Robert Morris, and South Dakota. Also: note how they never get shut out, unlike those cupcake schools you play. They kept it pretty close with App last week

Think about what you're doing here: Trying to make an argument that because you whipped a team that hasn't won a division I game in years, you deserve a number 1 ranking. Marinate on that for a second...

-Wofford (7-1) we served them their only loss. Wofford is, by far, better than any team you have played this season, and if you care to argue against that, I'd like to hear it. We beat Wofford as the underdog, and upset them. They are already looking at a good seed in the playoffs if they win out.

Whoa...do I actually agree with every part of this post? Well said!

-Furman (3-6) they are our rival, and records don't matter when playing a rivalry game. That being said, almost all of Furman's losses are extremely close, and they have an fbs loss to Clemson. Furman is better than all but two of the teams you played this season thus far, and you lost to one of them.

Because if there's anyone that can argue the heck out of "strength of losses," it's a GSU fan...

-Chattanooga (4-4) was a very close game, went into 3OT, but we powered through at their stadium in front of their crowd. Their only losses are to very good teams, and one FBS. Most of their games are extremely close, like Furmans. Chattanooga is better than almost all of the teams you played this season. Please try to argue against that.

This game almost brought Chattown back into existence at his full strength on this board, and for that, the legitimacy of this loss should be null and void...

-App State (6-3) One of the better schools we are playing this season,

You realize this fragment right here kills all credibility you might have built with your "SoCon is better" argument...

who have a great history. If we win this, which I'm positive we will, we are undoubtedly #1. They are also better than any team you have played this season.

STOP GIVING US TOO MUCH CREDIT!

-Howard (5-3) our homecoming game next week. We will almost definitely steamroll them. They are decent in their conference, but will not be able to compete with us. Still would beat any of your cupcake (2-6) schools.

MEAC POWER!

-Georgia #6 FBS (7-1) better than any school almost all FCS schools play, other than when we played Alabama last year and scored more points on them than any other FBS team during their 2011 season. We will most likely lose to Georgia, but this still proves that we have a much more difficult schedule than you.

You do realize the same year you had that awesome loss to Alabama, you had an even more awesome loss against NDSU? You're worse than App fans are when it comes to the 09 ECU game, and that's saying something...

Please tell me that you deserve the #1 rank now.

Win all your games from here on out and you'll have nothing to worry about.

LakesBison
October 31st, 2012, 09:00 AM
35-7 this is same thread as 2011 howd that year turn out for NDSU?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2012, 09:03 AM
I find it especially funny that the GSU posters are fighting with us here during App State week.

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2012, 09:09 AM
I love that they have a passionate fan base as does NDSU! FCS needs more of this!!!!!!

eaglewraith
October 31st, 2012, 09:10 AM
Who gives a ****?

As long as we're #1/#2 and have guaranteed homefield until Frisco, I could care less where anyone else is ranked.

JSUBison
October 31st, 2012, 09:16 AM
One thing I've noticed is the constant dogging of NDSU beating bad FBS teams. I don't understand this. What would you like us to do, lose to them like the 80-90% of the rest of FCS does every year?

Thundar
October 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM
One thing I've noticed is the constant dogging of NDSU beating bad FBS teams. I don't understand this. What would you like us to do, lose to them like the 80-90% of the rest of FCS does every year?

Because if NDSU plays and wins they were a terrible team that most of fcs would beat, but if they lose then the FBS team is still terrible and NDSU sucks

It's simple anything NDSU can do GSU can do better.........just haven't seen it yet

eaglewraith
October 31st, 2012, 09:21 AM

We'd love to get scheduled with someone like Colorado State. We did back in 2007, unfortunately during the Hatcher years we just weren't strong from year to year like we are now. It really is difficult for us to get games with any of the lower tier FBS teams. You have to agree it's much easier to beat the Colorado States, Minnesotas, and Central Michigans of the college football world. Compare that to our FBS outlook for the next few years: UGA, Florida, LSU, Ga Tech. We just can't catch a break and get a team that's more on our level. The Georgia Tech game should be interesting, but it's much more difficult in the other games. So I'd have to say jealousy is a part of it.

The problem you might run into is if you keep beating those teams, they'll start to refuse to play you. That's the situation we've had, teams flat out refuse to play us. Hell Saban took us off the schedule when he was at LSU when he saw film on us.

gsu2583
October 31st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Hell Saban took us off the schedule when he was at LSU when he saw film on us.

Trust me, we wasn't scared of GSU then, he just LOATHES preparing for the option. He scheduled GSU at Alabama when Hatcher was coach, not knowing we would go back to the option.

slostang
October 31st, 2012, 10:00 AM
NDSU deserve the #1 ranking. End of story.

THE HERD
October 31st, 2012, 10:06 AM
There's a lot of FBS teams out there you could play if your AD really wanted to get it done.....I don't buy the "they are afraid to play you argument". Sounds to me like your AD is just going for the biggest and closest pay day. NDSU has just tried to schedule FBS teams in its recruiting footprint, which is getting quite big now. We play Kansas ST. next year, which will be the best FBS program we have played and then Iowa St and Iowa in the two following years. It doesn't really matter who NDSU plays and beats, it seams like the rest of the FCS just says "their a crappy FBS team and anyone in the FCS top 25 would have beat them also".......Really? If so than prove it...there are a lot of top 25 FCS teams playing mediocre to poor FBS teams every year, yet not too many FCS victories, so the old "we would have beaten them too" statement doesn't hold water with me. The Bison are what 6-3 in our last nine FBS games and granted there are no Floridas or Ohio St type programs on that list, but either way a FBS win is an accomplishment and if everybody in the top 25 could do it they damn sure would be.....it helps recruiting, recognition etc. etc. I don't think any other FCS program has a winning record against FBS teams in the last ten years or so and I am sure some of you will say, because we don't play mediocre to crappy FBS teams and to that I would say "Why the hell not?!" Its a win win....you got a good chance of a w, plus you get paid along with the recruiting, recognition etc etc.

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2012, 10:28 AM
Let the damn teams decide on the field.

GSUsTALON
October 31st, 2012, 10:42 AM
Let the damn teams decide on the field.

Hear,Hear

344Johnson
October 31st, 2012, 10:51 AM

Lol. That is all.

UNIFanSince1983
October 31st, 2012, 11:01 AM
This dude says he's tired of the hype. Well I'm am tired of the bickering between NDSU and GSU about whose girlfriend is hotter. Seriously you both have good teams, but neither one is invincible. Plus rankings don't matter. It isn't like just because one team is #1 they are going to get that seed in the playoffs over the other. The committee does some strange things. Maybe you should worry about the games coming up instead of trying to figure out who would beat who when there is no guarantee you will play each other, or even that you two are the two best teams.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twentysix
October 31st, 2012, 11:30 AM

All of them, USD would beat GSU by 9000 on a neutral field. They have the gimmick figured out.

IBleedYellow
October 31st, 2012, 11:32 AM
This dude says he's tired of the hype. Well I'm am tired of the bickering between NDSU and GSU about whose girlfriend is hotter. Seriously you both have good teams, but neither one is invincible. Plus rankings don't matter. It isn't like just because one team is #1 they are going to get that seed in the playoffs over the other. The committee does some strange things. Maybe you should worry about the games coming up instead of trying to figure out who would beat who when there is no guarantee you will play each other, or even that you two are the two best teams.

This. We have three games left. Pay attention there. I still am on the boat that I don't care if we are 2 and GSU is 1. It doesn't matter. Win out and we can prove this on the field. You know, where it's supposed to be. We are starting to sound like BCS chit chat here. That's sickening.

Vitojr130
October 31st, 2012, 11:33 AM
All of them, USD would beat GSU by 9000 on a neutral field. They have the gimmick figured out.

I was moreso thinking 15,000 by halftime. This is USD we are talking about right? Yup, 15,000. Corelating this to their loss to NDSU, NDSU would beat GaSo by ~ 1,200,005 points, give or take a couple field goals and safeties xlolx

Haha, okay this is ridiculous.

Twentysix
October 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
I was moreso thinking 15,000 by halftime. This is USD we are talking about right? Yup, 15,000. Corelating this to their loss to NDSU, NDSU would be GaSo by ~ 1,200,005 points, give or take a couple field goals and safeties xlolx

Haha, okay this is ridiculous.

I try.

bullitt_60
October 31st, 2012, 12:19 PM

Whether NDSU deserves the #1 spot or not, I don't know as I have not seen them play this year. I do know that we do not deserve that spot. Out of the 15 seasons I have been watching GSU football this team barely cracks the top 10 teams. How about we beat App this week, win a conference title and be happy or surprised with however far we make it in the playoffs?

Obes
October 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM
This thread amuses the Herd Eagle. Lets not even talk about the refs giving away a game. How could you forget about the horribly called game on the red disaster a few years ago!! We won't know until the playoffs how good ANYBODY is!

BisonBabe
October 31st, 2012, 12:23 PM
http://www.pilgrimhall.org/images/WebStandishPot.jpg meet http://remodelista.com/img/sub/uimg/Julies%20Images/Bonjour%20Tea%20Kettle%20Black%20Cooking.jpg

344Johnson
October 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Whether NDSU deserves the #1 spot or not, I don't know as I have not seen them play this year. I do know that we do not deserve that spot. Out of the 15 seasons I have been watching GSU football this team barely cracks the top 10 teams. How about we beat App this week, win a conference title and be happy or surprised with however far we make it in the playoffs?

This Bison defense is possibly better. Certainly not much if at all worse. This Bison offense is a little confusing at times. The O-Line isn't quite as good I do not think.

You got the right idea if you don't think the team is that good. Keep expectations low and if they keep winning then you can be pumped!

GATA_GSU
October 31st, 2012, 12:41 PM
I find it especially funny that the GSU posters are fighting with us here during App State week.

Not GSU posters -- a single GSU poster. Naturally, his ideas are not representative of the GSU community. Especially considering we have App State to worry about this week and nobody is even sure if GSU will meet NDSU in the playoffs, I find this entire thread quite odd and random.

MSUBear42
October 31st, 2012, 12:45 PM
The mvfc is so good that 4-4 YSU beat Pitt and 2-6 UNI took Wisconsin and Iowa to the wire(not bad for a team you called a cupcake).

Sent from my MB886

And 3-6 Missouri State was within a few points of #2 Kansas State in the 4th....

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2012, 12:49 PM
And 3-6 Missouri State was within a few points of #2 Kansas State in the 4th....

....and has now won 3 straight.

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2012, 12:51 PM

You forgot the last game of the year, on the road, against Illinois State....besides that, who pissed in your cheerios today? Don't you have an App game to worry about this week?

Walkon79
October 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Kinda makes me glad the Bobcats gave that game to EWU! Otherwise both fan bases would be howling about how overrated the Cats are at #1 :)

I'd be just fine with the top three winning out, getting a 3 seed, and having to travel to GSU in the Semi's. We haven't played them yet in the playoffs, and I have a Niece in Rome that could put us up for the weekend. (How far from Statesboro BTW?)

Good luck to #'s 1 and 2 (In whichever order) the rest of the way!!!

blueballs
October 31st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Kinda makes me glad the Bobcats gave that game to EWU! Otherwise both fan bases would be howling about how overrated the Cats are at #1 :)

I'd be just fine with the top three winning out, getting a 3 seed, and having to travel to GSU in the Semi's. We haven't played them yet in the playoffs, and I have a Niece in Rome that could put us up for the weekend. (How far from Statesboro BTW?)

Good luck to #'s 1 and 2 (In whichever order) the rest of the way!!!

You'd enjoy your trip to Statesboro, it is one of the must see places in FCS and the game day atmosphere is really cool.

From Rome to Statesboro is a haul. Rome is NW of Atlanta so you're lookiing at 4 hours+.... but if you're coming from Bozeman that isn't so far.

BisonFan02
October 31st, 2012, 01:22 PM
You'd enjoy your trip to Statesboro, it is one of the must see places in FCS and the game day atmosphere is really cool.

From Rome to Statesboro is a haul. Rome is NW of Atlanta so you're lookiing at 4 hours+.... but if you're coming from Bozeman that isn't so far.

4 hrs isn't much driving up here....:D

bullitt_60
October 31st, 2012, 01:23 PM
This Bison defense is possibly better. Certainly not much if at all worse. This Bison offense is a little confusing at times. The O-Line isn't quite as good I do not think.

You got the right idea if you don't think the team is that good. Keep expectations low and if they keep winning then you can be pumped!

I try to keep that attitude every season even if I think we are the best team in the land. I don't see the sense in getting all worked up and then being let down anymore. It is supposed to be fun.

Walkon79
October 31st, 2012, 01:30 PM

Maybe it would be a Friday nighter and we could spend the weekend in Rome after the game :)

Would you fly into Atlanta and rent a car?

Grizalltheway
October 31st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Popcorn.jpeg

xlolx

Please don't use 4chan-isms on respectable boards like this one. xsmhxxsmhx

xlolx

DJKyR0
October 31st, 2012, 01:48 PM

xlolx

Imokwiththis.png

Grizalltheway
October 31st, 2012, 02:04 PM
Imokwiththis.png

facepalm.gif

Vitojr130
October 31st, 2012, 02:06 PM

xlolx

4chan isn't that bad... unless you have any sort of decency that is.

eaglewraith
October 31st, 2012, 02:14 PM
facepalm.gif

cave.jpg

LakesBison
October 31st, 2012, 02:24 PM
id like to interrupt this and give you some REAL HYPE ABOUT NDSU!

344Johnson
October 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM
There's also an argument for ODU over NDSU (and many others as well):

W vs. Duquesne (5-3)
W @ Hampton (2-5)
W vs. Campbell (1-7)
W vs. #11 New Hampshire (7-2)
W @ #22 Richmond (5-3)
L vs. #T23 Villanova (6-3)
W @ #19 Towson (4-4)
W vs. T23 Delaware (5-3)

4-1 vs ranked teams and of the eight opponents played, five have winning records with another at .500.

LOL, 40 point loss at home?

boogereagle
October 31st, 2012, 02:40 PM
NDSU deserve the #1 ranking. End of story.

I agree.

Hammerhead
October 31st, 2012, 03:38 PM
The average margin of victory or defeat in conference games for NDSU last year was 12.75 points. Without including USD since the Bison didn't play them last season, the average margin for NDSU's conference games to this date up slightly to 15.5 points.

Both GSU and NDSU look really good this year and it might be hard to find tickets for the championship game if both teams make it.

NDSU didn't have a strong SOS schedule last year but proved it in the playoffs by beating quality teams. Let's see how this season plays out, it could be a repeat performance. Their defense is the best probably ever so their team is legit...overrated would be a strong word. Even I wouldn't use it. As far as who's #1 NDSU or GSU? I say let Frisco decide that.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2012, 03:50 PM
Maybe it would be a Friday nighter and we could spend the weekend in Rome after the game :)

Would you fly into Atlanta and rent a car?

If you intend to spend time in Rome I'd say yes. Otherwise, I would compare the cost of flights to Savannah, which is 45 minutes from Statesboro.

Eaglesrus
October 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
The average margin of victory or defeat in conference games for NDSU last year was 12.75 points. Without including USD since the Bison didn't play them last season, the average margin for NDSU's conference games to this date up slightly to 15.5 points.

Both GSU and NDSU look really good this year and it might be hard to find tickets for the championship game if both teams make it.

I'd say that would be a very safe bet. However, I agreed to a cruise to celebrate New Year's. Some how it didn't register with me until after it was booked that it arrives back in Port Canaveral, FL, on Saturday, January 5. Anyway, I'm another that has NDSU at # 1 currently.

fatmonarch
October 31st, 2012, 04:01 PM
LOL, 40 point loss at home?

Who? We lost 38-14 to nova. Not quite 40.

344Johnson
October 31st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Who? We lost 38-14 to nova. Not quite 40.

Wow. Apologies. Thought it was worse obviously. Still, quite the buttkicking(home OR away).

penguinpower
October 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
I think NDSU wins the NC again. One for the second thumb.

frozennorth
October 31st, 2012, 05:14 PM
I think NDSU wins the NC again. One for the second thumb.

next year they get the cock ring xlolx

Kill'em
October 31st, 2012, 06:42 PM
I don't know why everyone is having a pissing match over who is number 1 or 2.........the fact is that if GSU and NDSU take care of their own business(ie win out) we will most likely be the 1 and 2 seeds, so who gives a ***** right now who is one or two. Yeah I know GSU plays the Dawgs and will most likely lose, but if they win there other games and at least show good against UGA I believe they would get a top two seed. As for the guy who started this thread he is seriously delusional......you other Eag fans claim this football guru? The fact remains that there is a lot of season left.....we play 3 more and two of them are ranked teams, so we by no means have a top two seed locked up. Question if the Bison dropped one more game do you still think we would get a seed? I think we probably would, but it would be 4 or 5 and most likely 5 if at all.
+1 for this! Why is this even a topic right now? We have not beaten NDSU in two tries. We were soundly beaten last year. I haven't seen a drop off, yet. also, we helped a good Citadel team beat us and came really close to being beaten by Chattanooga. There were also games where we started slowly so I am not inclined to think of us as #1. I also agree that the time to finish #1 is after the season! We still have App St and uga to play.

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2012, 07:13 PM
I don't know why everyone is having a pissing match over who is number 1 or 2.........

You don't know why?____insert wisecrack here_______________. Well a big part of the reason is what else are fans from Statesboro and Fargo supposed to do? And I wont even mention that these two area's of the map are not going to be picked up on any satellite pass, not burning bright shall we sayxpeacex

LakesBison
October 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Hen get yo *** out here in summer beaches and bitches lets do this gorgeous up here !!

Walkon79
October 31st, 2012, 09:00 PM
If you intend to spend time in Rome I'd say yes. Otherwise, I would compare the cost of flights to Savannah, which is 45 minutes from Statesboro.

Savannah it is then!

813Jag
November 1st, 2012, 08:10 AM
gotta love those first post thread starters. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 08:22 AM
gotta love those first post thread starters. xlolx

Well yes, he's a dope but he does reflect the opinion of several GSU fans.

straightshooter
November 1st, 2012, 08:26 AM
Savannah it is then!

You'll love Savannah. Great weather for the weekend, great food and accomodations. Easy run up I-16 to US Hwy 301 and into Statesboro.

deez_na
November 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
refs caused NDSU to win last week? Do i need to remind you that game should have never been that close to begin with. SIU fumbled the ball which was called down that would have taken 7 away, NDSU making a fumble mistake they never do gave SIU their other TD and we shut them down to 177 yards of offense and had 386 ourselves.

GSUhooligan
November 1st, 2012, 08:50 AM
And I wont even mention that these two area's of the map are not going to be picked up on any satellite pass, not burning bright shall we sayxpeacex

WRONG!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9830/eastusnightlg.gif

GSUhooligan
November 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM
You'll love Savannah. Great weather for the weekend, great food and accomodations. Easy run up I-16 to US Hwy 301 and into Statesboro.

Coming from Savannah, he'll want to get off at highway 67, exit 127.

Houndawg
November 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
refs caused NDSU to win last week? Do i need to remind you that game should have never been that close to begin with. SIU fumbled the ball which was called down that would have taken 7 away, NDSU making a fumble mistake they never do gave SIU their other TD and we shut them down to 177 yards of offense and had 386 ourselves.

Yeah, NDSU doesn't make mistakes; it had to be the refs if they didn't win 54-0.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, NDSU doesn't make mistakes; it had to be the refs if they didn't win 54-0.

You are clearly blind if you didn't see the fumble on the opening drive.

Houndawg
November 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM
You are clearly blind if you didn't see the fumble on the opening drive.

Its always the refs, nobody could possibly compete with you.

straightshooter
November 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Coming from Savannah, he'll want to get off at highway 67, exit 127.

Was trying to give him a foolproof 4-lane route, but 67 might be a few miles closer.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM

Nobody is saying that but if the fumble is called, SIU's only successful offensive drive is stopped dead. That is incontrovertible.

Houndawg
November 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Jensen fumbles it right back. Maybe SIU holds and blocks the FG. I'll bet if our QB had a fumble returned for a TD you wouldn't be talking about it being a mistake, you'd be bleating at the top of your lungs about the great defense.

bisonboone11
November 1st, 2012, 09:18 AM
I believe he was responding to the GSU fan that said the refs are the reason NDSU won last Saturday. Are you saying that it is true that the refs are the reason that NDSU won last week?

LakesBison
November 1st, 2012, 09:58 AM
Mickey mouse. Referee

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe Jensen fumbles it right back. Maybe SIU holds and blocks the FG. I'll bet if our QB had a fumble returned for a TD you wouldn't be talking about it being a mistake, you'd be bleating at the top of your lungs about the great defense.
Kind of like how you put the 9-3 loss to NDSU last year solely on the fact that you had a QB making his first career start rather than the fact you were playing a premier defensive team?

BisonBacker
November 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
SIU has a good defense just like Indy state does. I give both credit for that. The reason the games ended like they did was our offense has not been firing on all cylinders plain and simple. Give credit where credit is due. Both of those teams have a good D but we didn't help ourselves with the offensive showing we had and a big part of that has been the play of Brock. He's not been playing like he's capable. Pick 6's and missed open receivers. He makes good defenses look even better when he makes those kinds of mistakes. Clean that up and this thread/discussion never happens.

LakesBison
November 1st, 2012, 11:04 AM
Houndawg can you extend your coach with a losing record please.

Ps why didn't you come tailgate with us in fargo ??

deez_na
November 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM

Open your eyes, I'm not saying anything about the refs, I was stating what happened in the game to the guy who said NDSU won because of the refs. read before you speak.

Bison56
November 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Some people just hate winners.

344Johnson
November 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM

That was a great defensive play by SIU. Free runner forces the fumble, they pick it up and take it for 6.

The play by the SIU running back was clear as day a fumble. The 5th down was another joke altogether. Those are two examples of exceptionally bad officiating.

Thundar
November 1st, 2012, 03:15 PM
That was a great defensive play by SIU. Free runner forces the fumble, they pick it up and take it for 6.

The play by the SIU running back was clear as day a fumble. The 5th down was another joke altogether. Those are two examples of exceptionally bad officiating.

We won, what does the officiating matter?

bisonboone11
November 1st, 2012, 03:30 PM
We won, what does the officiating matter?
The person that started the thread claimed that NDSU won the game because of the officiating, and Houndawg sounds like he may agree. I think most of the NDSU fans are pointing out how bad the officiating was (in favor of SIU) to show that it wasn't the officiating that made NDSU win.

boogereagle
November 1st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Some people just hate winners.

Nah. People love a winner. It's the lowest common denominator in the fan base that people hate.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah people don't hate winners, they hate bad winners.

NDSU just happens to have a few that frequent this board which is why they get a bad reputation around here.

Bisonator
November 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
NDSU maybe overated, we won't know until the season is over. Here's hoping we are not. GO BISON!!!

GSUwinsagain
November 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
As a GSU fan, I know what it's like to be on top, but to be the man, you gotta beat the man. The Bison whipped us pretty good the last 2 times, so we have no reason to question them. Fighting over rankings and strength of schedule at ths time is just plain dumb and embarrassing. I hope we can meet in TX, but we have a lot of football left to play first. Go Eagles, whip the Mountaineers !

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM

34-22 does not constitute a losing record.
xconfusedx

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM
34-22 does not constitute a losing record.
xconfusedx

I am sure SIU will be careful giving a coach an extension after C-Low

stevdock
November 1st, 2012, 10:20 PM
I will admit I'm getting tired of Bison fans either ripping on other teams or thinking we are the best team in the world. Every once in a while just shut up, everyone knows how good the Bison and especially the defense are.

LakesBison
November 1st, 2012, 11:06 PM
Ok we will shut up steve

Kill'em
November 1st, 2012, 11:18 PM
As a GSU fan, I know what it's like to be on top, but to be the man, you gotta beat the man. The Bison whipped us pretty good the last 2 times, so we have no reason to question them. Fighting over rankings and strength of schedule at ths time is just plain dumb and embarrassing. I hope we can meet in TX, but we have a lot of football left to play first. Go Eagles, whip the Mountaineers !

I will admit I'm getting tired of Bison fans either ripping on other teams or thinking we are the best team in the world. Every once in a while just shut up, everyone knows how good the Bison and especially the defense are.
These statements are so true. I don't see how we can even think that we should be the higher-ranked team until we beat NDSU. I also wish that some of our more exuberant fans would follow stevedock's advice. We have a good team. I think most, if not everyone here knows this. What we need to do is let the guys who actually play prove it. I love good-natured trash talk but I am not going down another school. Worrying about whether or not we are ranked #1 during the regular season is for fans who are not accustomed to being ranked #1. If we are truly the best team in the FCS, we will prove it in January.

First-things-first, we have to beat App. St, and that ain't going to be easy. We win, we win the SoCon's auto-bid and possibly a #2 seed, at worst, if we also beat Howard. If lose, then we lose the auto-bid and finish, at best, a 3-loss team.

GO EAGLES!

BeardifulBobb
November 2nd, 2012, 02:02 AM

Refs working in our favor? Are you serious? SIU clearly fumbled the ball at the beginning of the game on their own 20 but the refs called them down. That lead to an SIU TD. They also got to run a whole play on 4th down, didnt make it, and then the refs said they called a timeout. There was also some blatant holding call and not only that on the same exact play an SIU player "caught" a ball that hit ground and they called it a catch. So don't even tell me the refs were in our favor. We lost to ISU because of 2 pick sixes. If they wouldve just intercepted the ball and not scored, I believe our defense could've held them to field goals. ISU had under 200 yards and was 1 for 10 on third down.

SportsLover
November 2nd, 2012, 03:46 AM
Ok ive read enough of this pissing contest. Both GSU and NDSU have great teams this year. You guys can throw any stat, SOS bs and even go as far as saying the refs are part of the wins. Both of these teams are going to have 1 more loss this season so it doesnt even matter who is #1. Quit acting like a bunch of second graders. My god.

And i know someone will rip me for this any but enough is enough

tourguide
November 2nd, 2012, 05:26 AM
Whats all this GSU talk, i thought Georgia State sucked this year.

ODU is the only school east of the missisppi that is even kind of good compared to ndsu

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2012, 07:13 AM
WRONG!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9830/eastusnightlg.gif

Aw shucks, I think you can see a tiny glimmer of light, I forgot you had a 24 hour Wal-mart

Houndawg
November 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM

I get that. What I'm being sarcastic about is that it seems like there is always a contingent of NDSU fans who bleat about how they should have won by an even larger score. SIU fumbles on their own 20 so automatically that's a TD for the Bison....real score shoulda been yadayada... used to be just lakes and his little buddy.

Houndawg
November 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM

Tailgate in Fargo?

That's like going to the Citadel to chase poon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 2nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Tailgate in Fargo?

Tailgating at a Bison game is pretty awesome.

Houndawg
November 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Tailgating at a Bison game is pretty awesome.

I'm sure that's true, but its in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 2nd, 2012, 08:08 AM
I'm sure that's true, but its in Fargo.

Oh you mean this? I'm sure it's way better in Carbondale.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487933_10151269900714532_1295755628_n.jpg

GSUhooligan
November 2nd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Tailgate in Fargo?

No. The folks up there tailgate like southerners. I had a hell of a time. In fact, I wish more of the folks I met up there would post on here, because the folks who do post here are nothing like the nice, gracious, humble and kind folks I met up there.

sgt smash
November 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
No. The folks up there tailgate like southerners. I had a hell of a time. In fact, I wish more of the folks I met up there would post on here, because the folks who do post here are nothing like the nice, gracious, humble and kind folks I met up there.

I would say we (North Dakotans, Minnesotans) are generally pretty nice and show good hospitality. The problem is that besides a lack of green chicklets on here, there are no repurcussions for getting lippy. Noone is gonna punch me or kick my dick through the computer screen. Everyone can be an internet tough guy and its only that much worse when internet tough guy's teams win and they are drinking after the game. I have been guilty of this a time or two.

BisonBabe
November 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM

Hey with the exception of Mplsbison I think I am nice to everyone on here. I may be sarcastic from time to time but I am in person as well. Had the opportunity to meet some of your fellow fans last year and had a blast.

jim121256
November 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
I just noticed this thread today, and I haven't read that much of it, but I'd like to observe, as a diehard Eagle fan, that I don't think either team has shown a level of dominance this year that would allow its fans to start counting championship banners. I think (and I'll emphasize "think" here) that both teams have what it takes to go deep into the playoffs. However, they've also shown that they're capable of breaking our hearts. I'm glad we get to play the games to find out.

GSUhooligan
November 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hey with the exception of Mplsbison I think I am nice to everyone on here. I may be sarcastic from time to time but I am in person as well. Had the opportunity to meet some of your fellow fans last year and had a blast.

You are, indeed, one of the exceptions. I met you at BWW that Friday night. had a great time!

boogereagle
November 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
I would say we (North Dakotans, Minnesotans) are generally pretty nice and show good hospitality. The problem is that besides a lack of green chicklets on here, there are no repurcussions for getting lippy. Noone is gonna punch me or kick my dick through the computer screen. Everyone can be an internet tough guy and its only that much worse when internet tough guy's teams win and they are drinking after the game. I have been guilty of this a time or two.

Yep to most of that. People post like they drive.

LakesBison
November 2nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
HOOLIGAN!! YOU MET ME AT BWWS TOO! cmon brotha!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Again? Really?

LakesBison
November 3rd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Way to jinx yourselves gsu fans !

DJKyR0
November 3rd, 2012, 05:13 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/20242/1416755-i_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

lol

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
NDSU is lucky they didnt suffer the same fate GSU did today and GSU played a much better team than NDSU did. Bison fans with diarrhea of the mouth like LakesBison better clam up after that abortion of a game NDSU played today.

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Oh and my comments to our team are directed strictly at our offense. Defense played well although they looked beatable today as well. But Jensen throwing Pick 6's and just int's aint gonna get it done.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Oh and my comments to our team are directed strictly at our offense. Defense played well although they looked beatable today as well. But Jensen throwing Pick 6's and just int's aint gonna get it done.

Our 2 really crappy offensive games have been when Brock has thrown 6 INTs.....his total for the whole season.

If he cleans up his decision making in the passing game, IMO the offense will be fine. Having a healthy Vraa back will also help.

sgt smash
November 3rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
NDSU is lucky they didnt suffer the same fate GSU did today and GSU played a much better team than NDSU did. Bison fans with diarrhea of the mouth like LakesBison better clam up after that abortion of a game NDSU played today.

Dude, how many threads are you going to keep posting this in? Its really not a big revelation.

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
Dude, how many threads are you going to keep posting this in? Its really not a big revelation.
DUDE any thread where Bison Fans or Some Bison Fans want to keep throwing out the #1 or How Great we are.

GSUwinsagain
November 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Like I said, it's dumb to argue who should be number 1. We didn't take care of business today and now we can look at being 8-3 going into the playoffs.

mountaineerman
November 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
The two best teams in fcs football just clashed in statesboro today with the mountaineers coming out on top man what a game

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:41 PM
Our 2 really crappy offensive games have been when Brock has thrown 6 INTs.....his total for the whole season.

If he cleans up his decision making in the passing game, IMO the offense will be fine. Having a healthy Vraa back will also help.
Agree but thats a big if. He looked like a different player than what he was last year or even the beginning of this year. Crockett must still be nursing a nagging injury otherwise I question why Bohl hasn't been giving him as many reps. We are a better team when he's on the field as opposed to Ojuri.

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
The two best teams in fcs football just clashed in statesboro today with the mountaineers coming out on top man what a game
Sorry to burst your bubble but Appy ain't one of the two best teams in FCS right now.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but Appy ain't one of the two best teams in FCS right now.

Not even one of the two best teams in the SoCon

sgt smash
November 3rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
DUDE any thread where Bison Fans or Some Bison Fans want to keep throwing out the #1 or How Great we are.
And you are...? Some sort of Police for rational and accurate argument on message boards? Let me see your badge.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM

Nice win for ASU but a 3 loss team is not the best in FCS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Agree but thats a big if. He looked like a different player than what he was last year or even the beginning of this year. Crockett must still be nursing a nagging injury otherwise I question why Bohl hasn't been giving him as many reps. We are a better team when he's on the field as opposed to Ojuri.

Crockett has a hip pointer and it will probably bother him the rest of the year. Ojuri had a good day today.

cbarrier90
November 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Not even one of the two best teams in the SoCon

Even though a win next week clinches a SoCon title... xcoffeex

mountaineerman
November 3rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Apps offense is the best if you guys played in a mans conference like the socon you would be 5-3 ndsu has squeeked by everyone and lost to who they shouldnt we just manhandled one of if not the best defenses in fcs , with four of the best receivers in fcs hope we get you in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Apps offense is the best if you guys played in a mans conference like the socon you would be 5-3 ndsu has squeeked by everyone and lost to who they shouldnt we just manhandled one of if not the best defenses in fcs , with four of the best receivers in fcs hope we get you in the playoffs.

Come to Fargo and get your a**es handed to ya.

Best defense in the FCS??

Really??

Check out the FCS defensive stats and get back to me....

No_Skill
November 3rd, 2012, 05:56 PM

So do I. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM

Unfortunately, the only time NDSU can get a hold of any SoCon teams is in the playoffs. That worked out well.

If you hadn't stepped on your dicks against Maine last year, you could have played for the chance to have your *** kicked at the Fargodome.

mountaineerman
November 3rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Check out the offenses you have defende and get back to me

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 06:00 PM
And you are...? Some sort of Police for rational and accurate argument on message boards? Let me see your badge.

All I have to do to prove my point is use the idiot that is LakesBison and his posting about how Great NDSU is and how were ready for the Big Ten. And who the hell are you? Looks to me like a Johnny come lately.

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM

Oh and come on out to Check Point Chicky and I'll show you my badge.xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:01 PM
Check out the offenses you have defende and get back to me

Oh ya, I forgot.....the SoCon is right up there with the AFC North in playing defense.....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Oh ya, I forgot.....the SoCon is right up there with the AFC North in playing defense.....

Remember, it's the blinding speed. Can't keep up with the speed.

teh TRIPLE OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=NoDak 4 Ever;1883297]Remember, it's the blinding speed. Can't keep up with the speed.

teh TRIPLE OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUO

Oh ya...I forgot.

Big, dumb, white yankees cannot play foosball.....my bad!! LOL.....Kudos to NoDak....LOL

I hope the Bison get ASU or any other SoCon team in the playoffs.....WIN!

AppMAN04
November 3rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Starting to sound more like a smack thread to me......

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM

What tipped you off? The title?

sgt smash
November 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
All I have to do to prove my point is use the idiot that is LakesBison and his posting about how Great NDSU is and how were ready for the Big Ten. And who the hell are you? Looks to me like a Johnny come lately.
What ever you want to think about my participation on AGS is fine by me. I probably had my first set of season tickets to Bison Athletics before you did, but hey, we got another internet tough guy. Lakes is a fan. If i want an accurate and unbiased opinion of a team, I read what analysts have to say. If i want to be a fan, I go to a message board.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM

Welcome to all of this fun.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
What ever you want to think about my participation on AGS is fine by me. I probably had my first set of season tickets to Bison Athletics before you did, but hey, we got another internet tough guy. Lakes is a fan. If i want an accurate and unbiased opinion of a team, I read what analysts have to say. If i want to be a fan, I go to a message board.

BB is a pretty good poster on here.

sgt smash
November 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
I agree but he was crapping on every post that gave anything besides NDSU Defense any praise. Got old. I and many others realize that the Bison are not invincible and have many kinks to work out.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM

Agreed, we don't always get along but he does have some legitimate concerns today about our offense. The fact of the matter is as the polls lie, NDSU will be #1. That's just it. They definitely need to address some things especially coming into the game this weekend but hopefully they can get a better gameplan, put all this **** behind them and get us all liking one another yet.

semobison
November 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Agreed, we don't always get along but he does have some legitimate concerns today about our offense. The fact of the matter is as the polls lie, NDSU will be #1. That's just it. They definitely need to address some things especially coming into the game this weekend but hopefully they can get a better gameplan, put all this **** behind them and get us all liking one another yet.

I like all Bison fans but sometimes I like to pick on our homers a little bit. How did that 32 point win we were gonna have today get away from us Nodak?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM

Agee!!

IMO, though, having Vraa back healthy will definitely help the passing game. Before he got hurt, teams were doubling him and that opened it up for other WRs.

Good teams win ugly...we just did that.

BisonBacker
November 4th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I agree but he was crapping on every post that gave anything besides NDSU Defense any praise. Got old. I and many others realize that the Bison are not invincible and have many kinks to work out.

Got your PM and no problems. We are probably way more alike than you think. I to was/am very irritated that he played that way. I'm sure he is too but two games with three picks you would think the first one would have been enough. So yes my posting was in part due to the frustration of watching him do it again and the other was due to how some folks (even if they are in the minority) seem to just look at the #1 ranking and ignore the actual results of how we played. This weeks game is going to be a tough one and Vigen and Jensen better get that figured out. I agree with another poster who said what I"ve been thinking all along with Brock since he came to NDSU. He favors one receiver heavily (way to heavily) and seems to get tunnel vision. There are other guys on the field. As far as Vigen his play calling seemed to lapse back to 3 or 4 years ago. When something works you keep doing it until the other team stops it. I'll go on to say that if Brock starts tossing it to the other team again next week we bring in Wentz. That may be drastic but Brock hasn't played worth a crap since the YSU game.

Kill'em
November 4th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Thanks. But, as I said a few posts ago, we are NOT close to being one of the best in the FCS. We miss two field goals, kick another one essentially into the defense. we interfered with a fair catch, and for good measure, get a personal foul called after the play (30 free yards). We allow your QB to complete a long pass and run on third-and-long from just outside your goal line. To top it off, on the final drive, fourth-and-three, we get the first down and more and get an offensive face mask penalty (legitimate call). A good team doesn't self-destruct like that and beat a really good team like App St.
We were out-played and definitely out-coached.

There are a lot of questions to be answered. Anyway, congratulations to App St.

LEHIGH61
November 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Agee!!

IMO, though, having Vraa back healthy will definitely help the passing game. Before he got hurt, teams were doubling him and that opened it up for other WRs.

Good teams win ugly...we just did that.

How true. YOU SAID IT. It applies everywhere. Don't forget it.

I-16Bandit
November 4th, 2012, 03:00 PM

Manhandled? No.