18. Albany 7-1 188 20
19. Tennessee State 8-1 173 T-21
20. Delaware 5-3 122 16
21. Harvard 6-1 96 24
22. Towson 4-4 87 25
23. Eastern Kentucky 6-3 68 T-18
24. Bethune-Cookman 6-2 54 NR
25. South Dakota State 6-2 51 NR
Others Receiving Votes: Sacramento State (44), Richmond (27), Villanova (27), UT Martin (26), McNeese State (23), Jacksonville State (16), Youngstown State (10), Eastern Illinois (8), The Citadel (5), Samford (5), Southern Illinois (4), Northern Iowa (4), Alabama A&M (1).

FargoBison
October 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Whoever voted Lehigh #1 needs to have their head examined.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Good to see SDSU finally make their debut in the Coaches Poll.

gsu2583
I don't think we're #1. Would prefer not to be anyway...

BEAR
Slow climb to the top ten. xlolx BEARS at #13! xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM

I'm beginning to think this is just laziness. I mean Sam at 4 ahead of Wofford and ODU is silly. Cal Poly at 16 is just mindless and Indiana State below Illinois State just means nobody has looked any deeper than the record.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Also, Chattanooga deserves SOME votes, they are tough. Maybe not ranked, but receiving votes nonetheless...

NDB
October 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM

would have happened a month ago, but the coaches have been confusing you with the yotes.

gotts
October 29th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Also, Chattanooga deserves SOME votes, they are tough. Maybe not ranked, but receiving votes nonetheless...

Giving them votes would imply that someone thinks they deserve to be ranked...

Professor Chaos
October 29th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Wow, EWU really dropped. At least they finally included SDSU although they're still way too low. And if there's an argument for 6-3 EKU over 6-3 Sacramento St I'd love to hear it.

BEAR
October 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM
would have happened a month ago, but the coaches have been confusing you with the yotes.

I think I saw something on SNL this weekend about an FCS school...or two of them combined. Wasn't sure. xlolx

ITmonarch10
It either Joe Susan of Bucknell or Frank Tavani of Lafayette voting for them in the coaches panel.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Overall not bad. One of the "better" coaches polls i've seen.

And yes, LU should not be getting first place votes right now.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Giving them votes would imply that someone thinks they deserve to be ranked...

I just find it hard to believe that El Cid gets votes (regardless of our loss to them) and Chatty doesn't. Chatty is by far the better team, offensively and defensively.

BisonBacker
October 29th, 2012, 11:12 AM

You have a fine team but I don't see where you should be getting any 1st place votes.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
6. Lehigh (1) 8-0 517 6

SERIOUSLY?!???

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM

Um, not ever.... until you win the national title, which is not happening.

LakesBison
October 29th, 2012, 11:26 AM
NDSU SHOULD BE #1 AND THEY SHOULD GIVE THE #1 VOTES FOR EWU and LEHIGH TO NDSU! NOW.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
NDSU SHOULD BE #1 AND THEY SHOULD GIVE THE #1 VOTES FOR EWU and LEHIGH TO NDSU! NOW.

Right away sir!

Seriously, I think NDSU is #1 but there are a lot bigger problems with this poll than that.

LakesBison
October 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
haha Im just having fun.

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM

You damn bunnies need to get fired up, SDSU is a top 15 team.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Question.

Looking ahead (as we should never do) if GSU wins against App and Howard, and loses to UGA, do we stay #1?

eaglewraith
October 29th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Question.

Looking ahead (as we should never do) if GSU wins against App and Howard, and loses to UGA, do we stay #1?

Probably not. I imagine we'd end up at #2 which is fine with me. As long as we have home field throughout the playoffs I have no complaints.

Humble Steward
October 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Let's Go Wildcats!!! We finally break into the top 25. Stay in the moment and let's finish out the season strong xnodx.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Probably not. I imagine we'd end up at #2 which is fine with me. As long as we have home field throughout the playoffs I have no complaints.

That's what I am thinking/hoping.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 11:39 AM

I couldn't agree more - my comment was sarcastic, implying that it's pathetic that we haven't been ranked in their poll the entire year up until now... We all know that this poll is always the worst of the bunch.

89rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I couldn't agree more - my comment was sarcastic, implying that it's pathetic that we haven't been ranked in their poll the entire year up until now... We all know that this poll is always the worst of the bunch.

Agreed. xnodx

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
SERIOUSLY?!???

I find it harder to believe you lost to Robert Morris.

LeeshaJo
October 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM

If the passing attack we saw this weekend continues we are a top ten team... :) just saying

Vitojr130
October 29th, 2012, 11:54 AM

If SDSU beats SIU this weekend, they SHOULD be in the top 15 on the next poll... but we all know that will be short lived because you get to come see our new rug in the dome the week after xlolx.

But seriously, SDSU does seem really good this year (where did they pull that out? I thought it was supposed to be a rebuilding year!?) and do kind of scare me. I think that they SHOULD be at least top 20 at this point. We will see I guess.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 12:13 PM
If SDSU beats SIU this weekend, they SHOULD be in the top 15 on the next poll... but we all know that will be short lived because you get to come see our new rug in the dome the week after xlolx.

But seriously, SDSU does seem really good this year (where did they pull that out? I thought it was supposed to be a rebuilding year!?) and do kind of scare me. I think that they SHOULD be at least top 20 at this point. We will see I guess.

We'll see... Indiana State (who we beat at their place) has already done it, and SIU had you up against the ropes lastweek, so a win in Fargo doesn't seem near as difficult as it did a few weeks ago. I expect a low scoring, defensive battle. And if we get tripped up at SIU this week, you are going to run into a Jackrabbit team that MUST WIN to get to 8 wins and make the playoffs. Should be fun!

No_Skill
October 29th, 2012, 12:15 PM
We'll see... Indiana State (who we beat at their place) has already done it, and SIU had you up against the ropes lastweek, so a win in Fargo doesn't seem near as difficult as it did a few weeks ago. I expect a low scoring, defensive battle. And if we get tripped up at SIU this week, you are going to run into a Jackrabbit team that MUST WIN to get to 8 wins and make the playoffs. Should be fun!

The score may have been close, but it was clear who the better team was.

EDIT: Congrats on the great season so far. I really do hope you guys make the playoffs.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 29th, 2012, 12:20 PM
The score may have been close, but it was clear who the better team was.

EDIT: Congrats on the great season so far. I really do hope you guys make the playoffs.

In the game of football, the better team doesn't always win. And I do believe that NDSU will have the better team on the field when we meet in just under 2 weeks.

Appreciate the support! If we end up getting to 8 D1 wins, this team (picked to finished 6th/7th in the preseason) will have earned their playoff spot, that's for sure.

Twentysix
October 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM

When considering the NDSU vs SIU game just look at this.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/599008_488787924488992_1975859779_n.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 12:28 PM

You do realize that Lehigh was preseason #2 in 2002? Colgate finished #2 in 2003. You are in such denial about certain things....

Southsider
October 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I find it harder to believe you lost to Robert Morris.

........and Georgetown.......Just say'in

LEHIGH61
October 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM

You sure are living off of one LUCKY HAIL MARY. Give it upp.

LEHIGH61
October 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Whoever voted Lehigh #1 needs to have their head examined.Gee, and I thought Bison **** really stinks. Apparently not.

Blue Eagle
October 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I don't think we're #1. Would prefer not to be anyway...

So you don't think we are #1.

And you don't want our Eagles to be #1.

Do you think being #2 will cause them to play harder?

I don't!! I think they give a 100% effort now!!

Do you think anybody really knows who should be #1?

It's a guessing game that MAY have a bearing on the seeding in the playoffs.

Where is the old team spirit?

Support your team!!

Being the eternal optimist I have been since 1985 (with good reason) I think our
Eagles are #1!!

Just for the record I thought NDSU deserved to be #1 unil they were defeated!!

ngineer
October 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
You do realize that Lehigh was preseason #2 in 2002? Colgate finished #2 in 2003. You are in such denial about certain things....

We were also ranked #1 at the end of the 1980 regular season, if I recall. Lost a nailbiter to EKY in the playoffs. Regardless, no way should we be getting first place votes, right now. Let's see what happens down the stretch. These things will take care of themselves on the field.

gsu2583
October 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM
So you don't think we are #1.
And you don't want our Eagles to be #1.
Do you think being #2 will cause them to play harder?
I don't!! I think they give a 100% effort now!!
Do you think anybody really knows who should be #1?
It's a guessing game that MAY have a bearing on the seeding in the playoffs.
Where is the old team spirit?
Support your team!!
Being the eternal optimist I have been since 1985 (with good reason) I think our
Eagles are #1!!
Just for the record I thought NDSU deserved to be #1 unil they were defeated!!

I support our team plenty, so I hope you were at Finley stadium two days ago with me. I just think that in the past 3 years, SOMEONE has been #1 coming into the App game. It's a bigger target and more motivation for the OPPOSING team. It's not going to affect our seed if we are #2 come playoffs.

Engineer86
October 29th, 2012, 03:25 PM

Is this a new requirement, cause there are a lot of teams that should be told. I think it is more not now based on LUs team

darell1976
October 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM
4 votes for UNI!!! 1 DI win and they get 4 votes. Wow. We have 3 DI wins how come we don't have 12 votes? Stupid Coaches.

PAllen
October 29th, 2012, 11:19 PM
4 votes for UNI!!! 1 DI win and they get 4 votes. Wow. We have 3 DI wins how come we don't have 12 votes? Stupid Coaches.

Careful now, that's one of NDSU's marquee wins this season. We all know their schedule is immaculate.

Yeah, I know, I just poked the hornets nest. Have at the!!! :D

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM

Yeah somehow we got votes in all 3 polls. I guess people were really impressed with the domination of SDSU a week ago. Imagine how many votes we will get if we win against WIU this week.

Blue Eagle
October 30th, 2012, 12:16 AM
a
I support our team plenty, so I hope you were at Finley stadium two days ago with me. I just think that in the past 3 years, SOMEONE has been #1 coming into the App game. It's a bigger target and more motivation for the OPPOSING team. It's not going to affect our seed if we are #2 come playoffs.

Just for the record, I have been a season ticket since 1985.

Most years I have average attending close to 10 games give or take a game while living in Charleston, SC.

I have attended over 40 playoff games and 6 National Championship Games.

Is that good enough for you? BTW how many games have you attended?

Yes, I didn't like you comment. What if a player read that and thought, wow, even our fans don't think we deserve to be #1.

Do you think being #1 matters to them?

Finally, if we are #1 when we play Georgia and play a competitive game we probably will get a #2 seed.

But if we are a #2 what seed do you think we will get? I understand rankings aren't supposed to have any effect on seedings just like losing to FBS team isn't. We saw how that worked out last year!!

gsu2583
October 30th, 2012, 06:36 AM
a
1. Just for the record, I have been a season ticket since 1985.
Most years I have average attending close to 10 games give or take a game while living in Charleston, SC.
I have attended over 40 playoff games and 6 National Championship Games.
2. Is that good enough for you? BTW how many games have you attended?
Yes, I didn't like you comment. What if a player read that and thought, wow, even our fans don't think we deserve to be #1.
3. Do you think being #1 matters to them?
Finally, if we are #1 when we play Georgia and play a competitive game we probably will get a #2 seed.
But if we are a #2 what seed do you think we will get? I understand rankings aren't supposed to have any effect on seedings just like losing to FBS team isn't. We saw how that worked out last year!!

#1. You type well for an inanimate object.
#2. No, not good enough for me. You questioned my support of our team based on a comment I made about our RANKING. I guess you are a complete homer and think we should be #1 every week, all season long, every year? I was happy to make the Chatty game, though it puts a strain on my family (with a 3 & 1 year old) to leave for a weekend, especially when it's a 7 hour trip to Statesboro from where I live now. BUT, from 1982-2004 when I lived in the Boro, 5 family members graduated from/worked at GSU, I got my undergrad/graduate degrees at Southern, and was a 4 year member of Southern Pride, so I couldn't tell you how many games I've been to. It's a lot. Sadly, I wasn't able to make the Pocatello trip when I was 7, so I've only been to 5NC games. Way to get into a pissing contest with a fellow GSU fan. Big man you are. I shall bow down to your superior fandom!
#3. No, I don't think it matters to them, I don't think it matters to Monken either. Ask them and I GUARANTEE you they would some something to the effect of "We're not worried about that, we are just worried about beating App State." Exactly as they should be. There are 3 weeks left in the season, and a lot can happen between now and then (not just with us but with....*GASP* OTHER TEAMS!) Deserves got nothing to do with it. Only performance. If you think that comments on a message board affect the level of performance of our players on the field... wow... you have an unrealistic or over inflated sense of the importance of YOUR words, let alone mine. But with your rant about being a superfan and questioning my loyalty, that doesn't surprise me that you think too much of yourself (or your words.)

If you want to talk more about it I'll be in the Stadium Club for the App game. OOORRR you can see me down on the field when Freedom makes its flight from the press box down to the turf. I'll be there too.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 08:59 AM
#2. No, not good enough for me. You questioned my support of our team based on a comment I made about our RANKING. I guess you are a complete homer and think we should be #1 every week, all season long, every year? I was happy to make the Chatty game, though it puts a strain on my family (with a 3 & 1 year old) to leave for a weekend, especially when it's a 7 hour trip to Statesboro from where I live now. BUT, from 1982-2004 when I lived in the Boro, 5 family members graduated from/worked at GSU, I got my undergrad/graduate degrees at Southern, and was a 4 year member of Southern Pride, so I couldn't tell you how many games I've been to. It's a lot. Sadly, I wasn't able to make the Pocatello trip when I was 7, so I've only been to 5NC games. Way to get into a pissing contest with a fellow GSU fan. Big man you are. I shall bow down to your superior fandom!
#3. No, I don't think it matters to them, I don't think it matters to Monken either. Ask them and I GUARANTEE you they would some something to the effect of "We're not worried about that, we are just worried about beating App State." Exactly as they should be. There are 3 weeks left in the season, and a lot can happen between now and then (not just with us but with....*GASP* OTHER TEAMS!) Deserves got nothing to do with it. Only performance. If you think that comments on a message board affect the level of performance of our players on the field... wow... you have an unrealistic or over inflated sense of the importance of YOUR words, let alone mine. But with your rant about being a superfan and questioning my loyalty, that doesn't surprise me that you think too much of yourself (or your words.)

If you want to talk more about it I'll be in the Stadium Club for the App game. OOORRR you can see me down on the field when Freedom makes its flight from the press box down to the turf. I'll be there too.

Whew, good to see you troll your own kind too.

Eaglesrus
October 30th, 2012, 09:21 AM
No, I don't think it matters to them, I don't think it matters to Monken either. Ask them and I GUARANTEE you they would some something to the effect of "We're not worried about that, we are just worried about beating App State."

Just to keep the discussion going, both Monken and Swope were quoted in the Savannah Morning News this morning saying pretty much that, or variations of it.

Professor Chaos
October 30th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Careful now, that's one of NDSU's marquee wins this season. We all know their schedule is immaculate.

Yeah, I know, I just poked the hornets nest. Have at the!!! :D
Says the guy with Stony Brook and Lehigh as his top two seeds in the playoffs...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Says the guy with Stony Brook and Lehigh as his top two seeds in the playoffs...

Too bad he's boycotting the Poll, he may have had Sac State as #1

gsu2583
October 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Whew, good to see you troll your own kind too.

Meh, gotta be consistent. :)

LEHIGH61
October 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM
That weather in Fargo sure does damage the brain.

No_Skill
October 30th, 2012, 12:09 PM
That weather in Fargo sure does damage the brain.

...and the weather in your region damages parts of you, as well.

Bazinga!

Blue Eagle
October 30th, 2012, 07:17 PM

I will be there.

You make a comment that our Eagles "shouldn't be #1"

Then say "you don't want them to be #1".

When I disagree with your comment and say support our team your have the courage
to attack me personally using a computer.

Let's see if you have the courage to attack me physically.

I shouldn't be hard to find. I am 6'4" and weigh 230lbs.

You called me out. It's your play. Take your best shot.

BTW I still think you should not have made those comment.

No where did I or would I question someone's loyalty to the Eagles.

I did say support your team, and I believe what you said was not
showing support for the Eagles.

BEAR
October 30th, 2012, 07:26 PM
xpopcornx

eaglewraith
October 30th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I will be there.

You make a comment that our Eagles "shouldn't be #1"

Then say "you don't want them to be #1".

When I disagree with your comment and say support our team your have the courage
to attack me personally using a computer.

Let's see if you have the courage to attack me physically.

I shouldn't be hard to find. I am 6'4" and weigh 230lbs.

You called me out. It's your play. Take your best shot.

BTW I still think you should not have made those comment.

No where did I or would I question someone's loyalty to the Eagles.

I did say support your team, and I believe what you said was not
showing support for the Eagles.

No Cops

PAllen
October 30th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Too bad he's boycotting the Poll, he may have had Sac State as #1

"Boycotting" assumes I give a crap.

Now can we please turn this thread into a complete NDSU/MVFC is great, the Patriot League sucks, the Ivy League is a joke, Spadola is a racist circle jerk? I know all of the long time contributors to this board haven't heard enough about how NDSU would win the Big 10 this year.

PAllen
October 30th, 2012, 10:14 PM

Glad to see you read past the headlines.

Engineer86
October 31st, 2012, 12:38 AM

Now can we please turn this thread into a complete NDSU/MVFC is great, the Patriot League sucks, the Ivy League is a joke, Spadola is a racist circle jerk? I know all of the long time contributors to this board haven't heard enough about how NDSU would win the Big 10 this year.

+1

NoDak 4 Ever
October 31st, 2012, 07:21 AM

Well it is, it does, it is, and maybe not but he's definitely stupid.

semobison
October 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Well it is, it does, it is, and maybe not but he's definitely stupid.

Give the chest thumping a rest!