PDA

View Full Version : Citadel Training

MarkCCU
August 6th, 2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.citadelsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9700&ATCLID=529408

Started Friday, helmets only getting ready for the Season Opener against Texas A&M

ngineer
August 6th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Looking forward to following the exploits of our former HC and OC. They should make a good team. Had excellent chemistry when at Lehigh. Very important that the staff is all on the same page and can already anticipate what is expected. Hence, the reason I think Coen brought Trey Brown with him from Penn; Brown having been an offensive asst. under Coen at Penn. Hope Higgins can get the mojo back in Charleston!

BULLDOG8180
August 7th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Looking forward to following the exploits of our former HC and OC. They should make a good team. Had excellent chemistry when at Lehigh. Very important that the staff is all on the same page and can already anticipate what is expected. Hence, the reason I think Coen brought Trey Brown with him from Penn; Brown having been an offensive asst. under Coen at Penn. Hope Higgins can get the mojo back in Charleston!

I have been very impressed with Higgins. Hopefully the new assistants can continue to make improvements. My only concerns, is how well the staff will adjust to the regiment of a military school and the inherent problems that they will face.

MarkCCU
August 7th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I have been very impressed with Higgins. Hopefully the new assistants can continue to make improvements. My only concerns, is how well the staff will adjust to the regiment of a military school and the inherent problems that they will face.

I don't think adjust to the military regiment would be too difficult. You gotta help me post on El Cid buddy

ngineer
August 7th, 2006, 08:20 PM

While Lehigh certainly is the disciplined military school, it is a demanding school academically, so Higgins and Cicchini shouldn't have too much problem dealing with such demands. Chick was also at Harvard for a few years.

youwouldno
August 7th, 2006, 11:11 PM
The biggest problem for Higgins is the competition. Unwinnable I-A games, superior conference foes... tough to overcome.

BULLDOG8180
August 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
The biggest problem for Higgins is the competition. Unwinnable I-A games, superior conference foes... tough to overcome.

Thats the reason he is there. Sure, some 1-A games will always be unwinnable. But, should be able to close the gap with the "superior conference foes".