vs. Big South 1-1
vs. CAA 1-3
vs. D-2 1-0
vs. Ivy 7-7
vs. MVC 0-1
vs. NEC 4-2
vs. PFL 2-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)
(These are not the “official” standings because Fordham is included.)

Lehigh 3-0, 8-0
Colgate 3-0, 5-3
Fordham 2-1, 5-3
Lafayette 2-1, 5-3
Georgetown 1-3, 4-5
Holy Cross 1-3, 1-7
Bucknell 0-4, 1-7

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

van
October 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Easiest week in a while! Not one of these games should be in doubt. xlolx

Cross really underperforming, LEHIGH wins another nail biter, saving their best game of the year for Nov 17 ;)
COLGATE can outscore the Pards
FORDHAM with ease

GEORGETOWN - savors win over Pards

Engineer86
October 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Lafayette, keeping the score down
Lehigh, closer than it should be
Fordham, bigger than expected

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 11:05 AM
LC- Gate even if Pards show up Gate wins
LU-HC another cardiac win for LU
FU over tough BU

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I think Lehigh will be well prepared on Saturday. The bye should really help them.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Not that I'm picking this, and not that I'm overlooking Holy Cross, but assuming Lehigh wins, Hawk fans need to be rooting for Colgate big-time this weekend. That would make Lehigh/Colgate the championship game, and Lehigh/Lafayette a bowl game but not important in the race for the autobid, title or playoffs.

Lehigh'98
October 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM
This is a very dangerous, classical "look ahead" game on the road against a team that is desperate for a win. No chance I would lay points with LU this week, just hope they do enough to get out with a win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2012, 11:36 AM
This is a very dangerous, classical "look ahead" game on the road against a team that is desperate for a win. No chance I would lay points with LU this week, just hope they do enough to get out with a win.

I really doubt it's a look ahead game coming off the bye, especially with only 3 games left. Lehigh should be eager to get back out there and hit someone with a different uniform on.

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Not that I'm picking this, and not that I'm overlooking Holy Cross, but assuming Lehigh wins, Hawk fans need to be rooting for Colgate big-time this weekend. That would make Lehigh/Colgate the championship game, and Lehigh/Lafayette a bowl game but not important in the race for the autobid, title or playoffs.

Why would you even be rooting for Colgate? Or even following the game? Just mark it down as a 'W'. Next...

hawkineer
October 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM

I don't think any Lehigh fan will have trouble routing against the Spotted Puddy Cats. :D

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Lets not assume anything. Our only goal is to get back to game speed , beat Cross with no injuries and better focus. Let everyone else take care of their own games.

carney2
October 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
LEHIGH @ HOLY CROSS - Any attempt to put lipstick on the pig that is Holy Cross is misguided. They're just not a good football team.

LAFAYETTE @ COLGATE - A Tavani coached Lafayette team has never stopped nor even slowed down a Biddle offense. Never. Some say that the Leopards will not win another game. This will not be close at the end.

FORDHAM @ BUCKNELL - The Rams disappointed in squeaking by Holy Cross. But this is Bucknell.

Hawk98
October 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Lehigh by 10, Colgate by 21, Fordham by 14.

LEHIGH61
October 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Well Said

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Colgate by whatever amount needed to get Frank fired.

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Has Tavani's pension maxed yet?

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM

No idea, but he has been employed at the school for about 25 years now. If the athletic admin cares, and not sure they do, they shouldn't be handing the keys to a 60 scholarship program over to Frank and his staff.

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Basset
Gate-LC 35-24
LU-HC 31-21
FU-BU even

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Colgate by whatever amount needed to get Frank fired.

I posed the question before the season if Tavani was on the hot seat and there was an emphatic no. Everyone pointed the administration cutting aid as the reason for the 'Pards troubles.

LUHawker
October 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Not sure why all my Lehigh comrades are worried about the Cross. I asked pre-season why everyone was so high on HC and never got an answer. It is now clear. Lehigh by 17. Lafayette showing their true spots, Bucknell proving that last year's easy scheduling and some fortuitous bounces were behind their "resurgence". Fordham looking more impressive. Georgetown decent, but not impressive. Colgate is a mystery to me. Classic slow start to the season and anoffensive juggernaut, but with D. I still like the B&W's chances against a porous D. That being said, i have not seen Colgate this year so hard for me to assess.

carney2
October 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM

I have no idea what that means. The more that's in the plan on the day you leave, the more you collect in the future. Also, the more you earn, the more that goes into the plan. Frank is 59 and did not begin to earn the head coaching bucks until he was almost 50. Also, he suffered through the recession where many retirement nest eggs were reduced by as much as 40%. He may have some problems as a head coach, but he isn't stupid. He, or anyone in his position, would logically be seeking to max out his contributions before he retires. I don't know what that means to him, but I doubt if he's looking to retire soon.

Hawk98
October 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I have no idea what that means. The more that's in the plan on the day you leave, the more you collect in the future. Also, the more you earn, the more that goes into the plan. Frank is 59 and did not begin to earn the head coaching bucks until he was almost 50. Also, he suffered through the recession where many retirement nest eggs were reduced by as much as 40%. He may have some problems as a head coach, but he isn't stupid. He, or anyone in his position, would logically be seeking to max out his contributions before he retires. I don't know what that means to him, but I doubt if he's looking to retire soon.

Some pensions stop accruing years of service at 25/30 years, though if you annual salary keeps increasing, you can slightly improve your pension benefit, the big benefits come from the increasing years of service.

Sader87
October 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Is "pension plan talk" the new "scholarship talk?"

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I posed the question before the season if Tavani was on the hot seat and there was an emphatic no. Everyone pointed the administration cutting aid as the reason for the 'Pards troubles.

He's not on the hot seat, but he finally is with us.

Yes and no on the aid. I've maintained that Frank has used it as a crutch and somewhat of an excuse. We still do not have the equivalencies, which affect depth. But, it does not explain attitude, demeanor, mistakes, strategy.

LEHIGH07
October 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Any word on whether Spadola will be gracing Worcester, MA with his precense this weekend??

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Last word he is on track for Cross.

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2012, 06:36 PM
If Spadola makes First-Team All-PL, the awards process has no credibility.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2012, 06:38 PM

Depends how he finishes the year.....

Hawk98
October 28th, 2012, 06:50 PM

Depends how he finishes the year.....

He's not that far back with a couple of big games it would be legit:

RECEIVE YDS/GAME Cl G Rec. Yards TD Long Rec/G Avg/C Avg/G
1. Wetzel, Brian-Fordham FR 8 50 696 3 63 6.2 13.9 87.0
2. Ross, Mark-Lafayette JR 8 49 684 6 44 6.1 14.0 85.5
3. Spadola, Ryan-Lehigh SR 6 34 476 1 72 5.7 14.0 79.3
4. Looney, Chris-Colgate SR 8 30 570 5 79 3.8 19.0 71.2
5. Mike Fess-Holy Cross JR 8 54 544 2 56 6.8 10.1 68.0

LehighU11
October 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I expect Lehigh at HC to be yet another very close game. Classes at LU have been cancelled for Mon and Tues, so it should be interesting to see how much practice they get in this week. Can't afford to have a slow start. Interestingly enough, we were in the same situation last year coming into the game against the Crusaders. The early snow storm caused a similar evacuation of campus until Thursday. Either way, I hope they can maybe get some indoor practice in Stabler while classes are cancelled.

carney2
October 28th, 2012, 07:13 PM

Restating what P4L gave you, Tavani is NOT on the hot seat. He will not be terminated - not this year, not ever. He will retire on his terms and on his schedule. What has happened this year is that his Teflon coating has begun to peel away and a few internet posters (no more than half a dozen or so at the moment) have tentatively withdrawn their support and are openly willing to discuss his flaws. It means nothing to the people who do the hiring and firing at the College and, should the subject ever come up, Frank will claim that he neither knows nor cares anything about it.

Franks Tanks
October 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Restating what P4L gave you, Tavani is NOT on the hot seat. He will not be terminated - not this year, not ever. He will retire on his terms and on his schedule. What has happened this year is that his Teflon coating has begun to peel away and a few internet posters (no more than half a dozen or so at the moment) have tentatively withdrawn their support and are openly willing to discuss his flaws. It means nothing to the people who do the hiring and firing at the College and, should the subject ever come up, Frank will claim that he neither knows nor cares anything about it.

Unfortunantly this is true. Lafayette is basically paradise for a coach. You can suck for literally 10 years, if not 20, and keep your job. It is virtually impossible to get fired.

Sader87
October 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Classes cancelled Monday at HC too...not sure about beyond that.

Reminds me of 1985 when a Rich Gannon led Delaware squad trekked up to Fitton during Hurricane Gloria and we're "blown back" 22-6...actually the highlight of a dissapointing 1985 campaign for HC.

ngineer
October 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
With Lehigh cancelling classes Monday and Tuesday, I'm not sure if that requires practices to be cancelled---i.e. indoor at Rauch. Probably not a good idea to have players travelling to practice if storm is too bad. So could have some impact on timing/coordination, but at same time we're getting guys back from being banged up and sick, so I'm looking forward to a 'break out' of the doldrums/cabin fever type of effort. Lehigh 33 Holy Cross 16.

Colgate's juggernaut offense will continue to roll across the tundra. Leotards offense all over the map this week. They may score some on the Raiders, but so has everyone else to date. Good for the stats but not for a win. Colgate 38 Laughyette 24

Fordham wins a nailbiter at last second at the Cross, Cross beat Bucknell in close one. If Bison not banged up or too down, they could surprise the Rams but I don't see them keeping pace in a high scoring game. Fordham 35 Bucknell 21

Pard4Life
October 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Unfortunantly this is true. Lafayette is basically paradise for a coach. You can suck for literally 10 years, if not 20, and keep your job. It is virtually impossible to get fired.

Tammy Smith was allowed to stay 10 years and go 30-250, or something like that, as women's basketball coach... a prime sport.

carney2
October 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Tammy Smith was allowed to stay 10 years and go 30-250, or something like that, as women's basketball coach... a prime sport.

57-204, but who's counting. There were still people (her included) who couldn't believe she was fired.

Sader87
October 28th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Really??? Girl's basketball now???

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ngineer

Nope squad stays on campus.Practice probably in Rauch.

ngineer
October 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Ngineer

Nope squad stays on campus.Practice probably in Rauch.

I remember practicing in Hurricane Doria (I think it was) in August 1971. Water was lapping over our shoes. I thought it was one of the most insane things I've ever seen,or participated in. As much as I respect Coach Dunlap, I'll never forget thinking how nuts the whole scene was. Of course,Whitehead was loving it.

RichH2
October 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I predate by more yrs than I care to recall. Do recall Cooley practicing us on Upper Taylor in over a foot of snow. Actually we had a ball.

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Easiest week in a while! Not one of these games should be in doubt. xlolx

Cross really underperforming, LEHIGH wins another nail biter, saving their best game of the year for Nov 17 ;)
COLGATE can outscore the Pards
FORDHAM with ease

GEORGETOWN - savors win over Pards

Agree with these picks.

ngineer
October 29th, 2012, 08:45 AM

Ryan could put up some monster numbers the last three weeks to still garner a position. In no way a gimme, but with his absence some others have learned to become threats so he may have more opportunities upon his return, especially if our TE Haggins is healthy. He can be a force.

Sam
October 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
What happened to Ryan did he have injury or concussion?

LEHIGH07
October 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
What happened to Ryan did he have injury or concussion?

Neither - he had Mono.

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Neither - he had Mono.

Even before his absence, his campaign was less than stellar. His first TD was a few games in and Colvin doesn't exactly get him the ball very efficiently.

LeopardBall10
October 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Baton down the hatches, Gentlemen. With classes canceled due to the storm I would have to think that most Athletic Depts would not want students even traveling around campus to get to practice. Anyone know is anyone is actually practicing today? What about tomorrow?

Lehigh'98
October 29th, 2012, 11:41 AM
I remember practicing in Hurricane Doria (I think it was) in August 1971. Water was lapping over our shoes. I thought it was one of the most insane things I've ever seen,or participated in. As much as I respect Coach Dunlap, I'll never forget thinking how nuts the whole scene was. Of course,Whitehead was loving it.

I've heard some crazy stories about Whitehead. I thought Higgins was nuts when I played, but he was a gentleman compared to Whitehead I guess.

LEHIGH07
October 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Even before his absence, his campaign was less than stellar. His first TD was a few games in and Colvin doesn't exactly get him the ball very efficiently.

I would put it more on Colvin then Spadola......I would put it more so on the lack of other WRs establishing themselves as a legit threats (earlier in the season) to keep teams from loading up coverage on Spadola. Last year you had Haggins and Drawl, both All-League performers, who kept teams somewhat honest in their coverage. This year Drawl is gone and Haggins has been hampered with injuries from the get go......so this year teams have been literally blanketing Spadola with double teams.

However, IMO -Parris, Kurfis, Fernandez-Soto have shown themselves to be legit threats over the past few weeks. This should help free up some space for Spadola when he comes back. I expect Spadola to have a killer last few weeks of the season.

Sam
October 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Lafayette worst loss coach can't sleep?
http://articles.mcall.com/2012-10-28/sports/mc-lafayette-georgetown-football-follow-20121028_1_leopards-coach-lafayette-coach-tavani-frank-tavani
Stay in bed until Thursday get on the bus to go to Hamilton and receive a real butt kicking , welcome to football sometimes you win and sometimes you losexblehx

RichH2
October 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Well we've heard from Leckonby-Cooley, Dunlap, Whitehead and Higgins players. Anyone with Pete?
Consensus , coaches can be crazy ,especially weather wise. Other than Mike all very successful coaches. To give Mike a fair shake he got caught in the de-emphasis post Leckonby.

Doc QB
October 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Well we've heard from Leckonby-Cooley, Dunlap, Whitehead and Higgins players. Anyone with Pete?
Consensus , coaches can be crazy ,especially weather wise. Other than Mike all very successful coaches. To give Mike a fair shake he got caught in the de-emphasis post Leckonby.

I was Hank Small era, when we really lit up the skies passing (but maybe won a little less, admittedly). I dont have any bad memories of snow or rain, a few Rauch practices indoors, but mostly bad summers with heat and humidity and crazy Higgins running around, bouncing around, really, saying, "Feel that cool breeze off Lake Lehigh! Great day today!"

Been to games with my dad a football alum circa '70 all my life, played in early '90's, just moved back to Center Valley...and I still have never found Lake Lehigh. He was nuts sometimes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM

He was in the top 15 in the country in receiving yards. Once again reality vs what you want to believe...

ngineer
October 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I've heard some crazy stories about Whitehead. I thought Higgins was nuts when I played, but he was a gentleman compared to Whitehead I guess.

"The Head" was incomparable in what would be called, today, mistreatment of players while an assistant in charge of the OL. Would never have gotten away with that stuff in today's world. A true "old school" guy. However, once he became HC he took on a whole new personna. Gruff, but "grandfatherly".

LEHIGH61
October 29th, 2012, 01:14 PM
If Spadola makes First-Team All-PL, the awards process has no credibility. You really are an ignoramus, and a sick leopard.. Spadola gets sick, and all you do is make a comment about him being a 1st team All-America. HE CERTAINLY IS, but I'm sure the illness will prevent him from receiving the honor that he deserves. I hope you are happy. I think the 5 !st Team All America honors he had last year sjhow everyone how good he is. Lots of luck, mediocre Lafayette.

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM
2-1 last week (missed on Georgetown like most), now up to 33-13 for the season

Lehigh at Holy Cross Lehigh A week off for the Hawks, and another off-week for the Crusaders. At season's opening, this looked to be one of Lehigh's trickier PL affairs, mostly for the road aspect, but also due to the believed strength of Holy Cross. The Crusaders may still be a good team, if all their team were on the field. They certainly play hard, but injuries and continued losses are no doubt taking their toll. Lehigh has gotten to 8-0, and spent the week trying to cut down on their turnovers and put forth a more complete effort. We'll see how that goes, though trends dictate HC will be able to keep within striking distance. "Striking distance" of course is not the same thing as "winning," and I have a hard time seeing Lehigh drop this one

Lafayette at Colgate Colgate The Raider offense has hit at least 47 points in each of their last 4 games. The defense has conceded at least 30 in 6 of 8 so far this year. The West Virginia of the Patriot League rolls on, playing their final home game of the season against a tough defense from Lafayette. Inconsistencies abound for the Leopards, not least of which is their offense. With these two run-oriented teams going at it, the game may last 2 hours. Colgate must continue to take care of the ball, and continue to score, forcing their opposition to keep up. Lafayette's offensive output will no doubt improve in Hamilton (36 pts to G'town's 4th string QB, 35 to Bucknell), but will it be enough? The Leopards have (surprisingly if you consider history) won 3 of the last 6 against the 'Gate, and hopefully this shall not continue going forward. Lehigh looms large next week, and the Raiders cannot afford to overlook the Leopards

Fordham at Bucknell Fordham The Rams' potent attack continues on, while Bucknell's season slowly grinds to its end. Much like their last game, Bucknell's hopes of victory rely on them keeping up with the opposition and their shaky defense. Fordham's defense is probably better than Colgate's (I mean, I guess...) and while the Bison defense will make some stops to give them a chance, I like the team that's been able to win close games (FU is 4-1 in games decided by 1 score or less) against the team that hasn't been able to win games of most any distance (BU is 1-3 in games of similar score)

RichH2
October 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Not bad, sorry forgot you doc. Air Lehigh at its finest. Still need a Pete guy. Some of you must have oberlapped... True enuf about Whitehead. Cooley even more cromagnon. Cant tell how many times he made us run the hill on upper Taylor.

Lousy hit on Spadola P4L. Relishing another's misfortune s/b beneath all of us.

ngineer
October 29th, 2012, 01:49 PM
2-1 last week (missed on Georgetown like most), now up to 33-13 for the season

Lehigh at Holy Cross Lehigh A week off for the Hawks, and another off-week for the Crusaders. At season's opening, this looked to be one of Lehigh's trickier PL affairs, mostly for the road aspect, but also due to the believed strength of Holy Cross. The Crusaders may still be a good team, if all their team were on the field. They certainly play hard, but injuries and continued losses are no doubt taking their toll. Lehigh has gotten to 8-0, and spent the week trying to cut down on their turnovers and put forth a more complete effort. We'll see how that goes, though trends dictate HC will be able to keep within striking distance. "Striking distance" of course is not the same thing as "winning," and I have a hard time seeing Lehigh drop this one

Lafayette at Colgate Colgate The Raider offense has hit at least 47 points in each of their last 4 games. The defense has conceded at least 30 in 6 of 8 so far this year. The West Virginia of the Patriot League rolls on, playing their final home game of the season against a tough defense from Lafayette. Inconsistencies abound for the Leopards, not least of which is their offense. With these two run-oriented teams going at it, the game may last 2 hours. Colgate must continue to take care of the ball, and continue to score, forcing their opposition to keep up. Lafayette's offensive output will no doubt improve in Hamilton (36 pts to G'town's 4th string QB, 35 to Bucknell), but will it be enough? The Leopards have (surprisingly if you consider history) won 3 of the last 6 against the 'Gate, and hopefully this shall not continue going forward. Lehigh looms large next week, and the Raiders cannot afford to overlook the Leopards

Fordham at Bucknell Fordham The Rams' potent attack continues on, while Bucknell's season slowly grinds to its end. Much like their last game, Bucknell's hopes of victory rely on them keeping up with the opposition and their shaky defense. Fordham's defense is probably better than Colgate's (I mean, I guess...) and while the Bison defense will make some stops to give them a chance, I like the team that's been able to win close games (FU is 4-1 in games decided by 1 score or less) against the team that hasn't been able to win games of most any distance (BU is 1-3 in games of similar score)

Yes, I can't see the Leotards beating the Raiders unless they get caught 'lookin' ahead'. With this being their last home game, I doubt that happens. I see you're in TX--if you are planning to come to Goodman on 11/11 let me know. I'll let you know where our tailgate is.

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Yes, I can't see the Leotards beating the Raiders unless they get caught 'lookin' ahead'. With this being their last home game, I doubt that happens. I see you're in TX--if you are planning to come to Goodman on 11/11 let me know. I'll let you know where our tailgate is.

Wish I could, but I'm not getting out of the state until closer to Christmas. Grad school stipends have a way of curtailing travel ;)

I'll definitely be watching on TV though

ColgateTD
October 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Where is all the attendance talk this week..?

Lehigh wins....around 35-17
Fordham wins....around 28-13
Colgate wins....around 37-17

33-12

Kramden
October 30th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I agree with the picks listed. A little concerned about the "gate not looking ahead to Lehigh and a defense that has been suspect. but will stick with the picks.

Lehigh wins....around 35-17
Fordham wins....around 28-13
Colgate wins....around 37-17

33-12[/QUOTE]

Engineer86
October 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Geez, now I have to actually agree with you. But just this once!xoopsx

Engineer86
October 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Lehigh has no power and classes are cancelled for the rest of the week. If I recall from last year the team did not play well the week classes were cancelled due to the snow, and this year it is the entire week. Ironically, it was Holy Cross last year as well I think.

RichH2
October 30th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Andy has kept team on campus this yr to practice. Had 2pm practice today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 31st, 2012, 12:04 PM
Fordham 28 Bucknell 16 - The Bison battle but simply don't have the horses

Colgate 34 Lafayette 24 - The Pards hang tough but the Raiders seal the deal late

Lehigh 38 Holy Cross 20 - The bye week came at the perfect time for the Hawks. The return of Spadola will energize the offense.

ngineer
October 31st, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hope I can get up to the game, however, without power around here, I can't leave the 'second in commmand' without power and various 'clean up issues'...unless things turn around quickly.

Sam
October 31st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Gate not looking ahead tough practices they are looking forward to Saturday.
GATA

ColgateTD
November 1st, 2012, 08:55 AM
I wonder if Carney is heading up to Hamilton this Sat? It would be awesome to meet this amazing footballl mind at the concession stand :)

PAllen
November 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM
Fordham by a lot
Colgate by a little
Lehigh by a hair

ngineer
November 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
I wonder if Carney is heading up to Hamilton this Sat? It would be awesome to meet this amazing footballl mind at the concession stand :)

Carney will never concede anything! (;-)

ngineer
November 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Fordham by a lot
Colgate by a little
Lehigh by a hair

We will our 'part'. (;-)

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Lehigh is traveling up to the Boston area today, and is scheduled to practice at Boston College Friday for this Saturday's game. With classes off this week, what better than to spend time playing football?

ngineer
November 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM
Lehigh is traveling up to the Boston area today, and is scheduled to practice at Boston College Friday for this Saturday's game. With classes off this week, what better than to spend time playing football?

Smart move by Coen. Get the kids out of town and away from the worries and distractions that 'Sandy' wrought. Two days of focus on football in a mini-camp atmosphere. I'm looking forward to a spirited game against the Cross.

Sader87
November 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM

Now I really hope we beat the snot out of you guys.....

Lehigh Football Nation
November 1st, 2012, 03:55 PM
Some sharp-looking highlights of last weekend's game, Fordham vs. Holy Cross:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rOV9M9aKCE

Lots of offense. Not much defense.

RichH2
November 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Looks like Ryan will play. Loughery out with stinger..

ngineer
November 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Looks like Ryan will play. Loughery out with stinger..

Loughery will be missed but it looks like Mahoney will be back on D. Still missing Haggins, however. Run blocking with a stiff wind will be important. Zach needs another game like he gave us last year.

RichH2
November 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Ruley and Vuono back so run game may improve. Need Haggins.

Go...gate
November 1st, 2012, 11:12 PM

Dunlap LOVED bad-weather practices. He really believed they toughened a club.

Go...gate
November 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
Lehigh 28, Holy Cross 20

Colgate 35, Lafayette 32

Fordham 24, Bucknell 16

van
November 2nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
Dunlap LOVED bad-weather practices. He really believed they toughened a club.

Then Hamilton is the place to be!

Sader87
November 2nd, 2012, 08:45 AM
First under .500 week of the campaign last week (1-2), 31-14 on the year. Have to run the table to "win" this competition probably.

Holy Cross 34 Lehigh 31 Yes my purple-lensed glasses are firmly on, but I really don't think it would be a stretch if the Crusaders can somehow turn this game into a track meet type affair. Holy Cross actually has a pretty decent offense and can potentially win games like this. Lehigh practicing today at BC only adds fuel to the fire.

Fordham 24 Bucknell 17 I'm tempted to take the Bison at home but Fordham needs this game if they have any (far-flung though they may be) aspirations for an at-large playoff bid.

Colgate 38 Lafayette 20 Hamilton is a tough place to play (and visit) in November. Hard to see the Red Raiders stumbling here a week before their showdown with the Engineers.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
I think Coen's move to Boston College was a very good move and could well be the difference in getting the team settled in and focused on the job at hand and away from all the distractions at Lehigh and at home with the power outages and damage. I'm sure BC 'loved' helping out any opponent of Holy Cross as well! (;-)

Pard4Life
November 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
2-1 last week, missed on Pards.

Colgate 38, Lafayette 28... defense holds Colgate under 28, but Pards don't score enough.

Lehigh 24, Holy Cross 21... the PL title game that wasn't. I'll play the Hawks fans' consternation with this one.

Fordham 34, Bucknell 17... Rams like to pass. Bison don't defend it well.

van
November 2nd, 2012, 02:32 PM
I think Coen's move to Boston College was a very good move and could well be the difference in getting the team settled in and focused on the job at hand and away from all the distractions at Lehigh and at home with the power outages and damage. I'm sure BC 'loved' helping out any opponent of Holy Cross as well! (;-)

No doubt that BC was begging us to come up early and practice.

ngineer
November 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
No doubt that BC was begging us to come up early and practice.

Mountain Hawks flying in on Eagles' wings!

van
November 3rd, 2012, 03:35 PM

Check the stats, I believe he may have had a good game today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2012, 03:36 PM
Check the stats, I believe he may have had a good game today.

8 receptions, 202 yards and 2 TD's....not too shabby.....

you have to realize pard likes to wish and hope rather than use actual logic....

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
8 receptions, 202 yards and 2 TD's....not too shabby.....

you have to realize pard likes to wish and hope rather than use actual logic....

Logic? Ross is the First-Team All-PL receiver this year.. end of story.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2012, 04:00 PM
Logic? Ross is the First-Team All-PL receiver this year.. end of story.

So there's only one first team wr this year?

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2012, 04:01 PM

I know there are two, but Spadola is not one of them, and Ross is the best this year.

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM

RECEPTIONS/GAME Cl G Rec. Yards TD Long Avg/C Avg/G Rec/G
1. Mike Fess-Holy Cross JR 8 54 544 2 56 10.1 68.0 6.8
2. Wetzel, Brian-Fordham FR 8 50 696 3 63 13.9 87.0 6.2
3. Ross, Mark-Lafayette JR 8 49 684 6 44 14.0 85.5 6.1
4. Spadola, Ryan-Lehigh SR 6 34 476 1 72 14.0 79.3 5.7

RECEIVE YDS/GAME Cl G Rec. Yards TD Long Rec/G Avg/C Avg/G
1. Wetzel, Brian-Fordham FR 8 50 696 3 63 6.2 13.9 87.0
2. Ross, Mark-Lafayette JR 8 49 684 6 44 6.1 14.0 85.5
3. Spadola, Ryan-Lehigh SR 6 34 476 1 72 5.7 14.0 79.3
4. Looney, Chris-Colgate SR 8 30 570 5 79 3.8 19.0 71.2

Today, Ross: 7 catches, 106 yards, 1 TD. Not as prolific but not shabby...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Based on those numbers Spadola has a great chance to assert himself these last two weeks....

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Based on those numbers Spadola has a great chance to assert himself these last two weeks....

We'll have something to say about that... though next week, I'll mark him down for 300.

Engineer86
November 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM
We'll have something to say about that... though next week, I'll mark him down for 300.

If he gets 300 and you boy only got 100 what does that say. All the others on the list got to play against Colgate's D, as well as Bucknell. While Spadola's stats are not like last year. He does not have the QB of last year throwing to him. Watching him play he is that good.

Sader87
November 3rd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Spadola was the difference today....he's very good. Reminds me of the Simonds kid from Colgate a few years ago.

ColgateTD
November 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Geesh.....I went to a football game today and a basketball game broke out...:)

RichH2
November 3rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Geesh.....I went to a football game today and a basketball game broke out...:)

Expect another one next week. Rumor has it neither D.will be allowed to use 13 players. So 100 point game surely possible.

Hawk98
November 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM
2-1, 14-4, though Lehigh was closer than expected.

LehighU11
November 3rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
Attendance numbers were pathetic this week. I'm sure Sandy is partially to blame for poor turnout from the NJ/NY area crowd at all three games, but this is just sad. Total wouldn't even fill the home side at Goodman. But hey, the scholarships will boost these numbers, right?

Fordham @ Bucknell: 1,152
Lafayette @ Colgate: 1,945
Lehigh @ Holy Cross: 4,216

LEHIGH07
November 3rd, 2012, 11:06 PM
Attendance numbers were pathetic this week. I'm sure Sandy is partially to blame for poor turnout from the NJ/NY area crowd at all three games, but this is just sad. Total wouldn't even fill the home side at Goodman. But hey, the scholarships will boost these numbers, right?

Fordham @ Bucknell: 1,152
Lafayette @ Colgate: 1,945
Lehigh @ Holy Cross: 4,216

WOW - those numbers are absolutely brutal!xthumbsdownx

LEHIGH07
November 3rd, 2012, 11:09 PM
Do we know cumulative totals for the year by home site? I would imagine the two Lehigh Valley schools would be at the top - seems like no one else draws anything even close to respectable.

Sader87
November 3rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Do we know cumulative totals for the year by home site? I would imagine the two Lehigh Valley schools would be at the top - seems like no one else draws anything even close to respectable.

Please...HC has drawn just as well and maybe better cumulatively as the vaunted Lehigh Valley schools this year despite being 1-8. Over 12K for UNH, 10K for Dartmouth, almost 11K for Fordham etc.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2012, 11:33 PM

- HC had over 11k last week.
- Lehigh and Lafayette both do decent relative go their private peers. Lehigh does have a higher ceiling over the last 20 years.
- Fordham can actually pull in solid crowds when they're decent
- Colgate has very little support. It's amazing Biddle gets kids to go there. Once he leaves it might get ugly up there
- Bucknell, they rather watch lay-up drills

from a phone

LehighU11
November 3rd, 2012, 11:47 PM
Please...HC has drawn just as well and maybe better cumulatively as the vaunted Lehigh Valley schools this year despite being 1-8. Over 12K for UNH, 10K for Dartmouth, almost 11K for Fordham etc.

HC has had some good turnouts this year. Apparently, their disdain for league opponents has translated to poor crowds against 'gate and LU. Wasn't the 75th Colgate game this year only 5600?

Sader87
November 3rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
HC has had some good turnouts this year. Apparently, their disdain for league opponents has translated to poor crowds against 'gate and LU. Wasn't the 75th Colgate game this year only 5600?

In all honesty, most older HC alums and fans won't go to Fitton for PL games like they will for CAA or Ivy games. Hopefully that will change in the scholarship-era of the PL.

The Colgate game is usually the exception but that game was in Hamilton this year.

RichH2
November 4th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I do think that schollies will boost attendance so long as we improve our schedules. If we play more relevant national games amd some $$ ones people will come and will lead to PL games being more attractive against a background of a national schedule.