PDA

View Full Version : Quote from Keeler on UNH

Umass74
August 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Delaware Online has a question-and-answer session with Hens coach K.C. Keeler here (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060806/SPORTS07/60806003/1002) .

Here's one of the questions and response:

Do you like entering the season as a bit of an underdog?

“We’ll never be an underdog, just because of the tradition and heritage of this place. New Hampshire’s ranked No. 1 in some of the preseason polls, and they’re under the radar. Not that many people are talking about New Hampshire football in New Hampshire...

rcny46
August 6th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Delaware Online has a question-and-answer session with Hens coach K.C. Keeler here (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060806/SPORTS07/60806003/1002) .

Here's one of the questions and response:

Do you like entering the season as a bit of an underdog?

“We’ll never be an underdog, just because of the tradition and heritage of this place. New Hampshire’s ranked No. 1 in some of the preseason polls, and they’re under the radar. Not that many people are talking about New Hampshire football in New Hampshire...

Sadly,coach Keeler is probably right about the lack of interest in UNH football at the moment,except for the diehards like me out there who think about it 12 months a year.Once the season starts,hopefully,that will change.If they end up playing below expectations for some reason,that could mean a different scenario.There are a lot of programs around the country whose fans are in the stadium every Saturday through thick and thin,but in New England,I don't think that's always the case.

MR. CHICKEN
August 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
BELIEVE DUH AVIAN......KEELER...IS SCARED TA DEFF.......O' DUH...'CATS....WE ALL ARE.......:nod:.......BRAWK!

UNH SUPERFAN
August 7th, 2006, 07:06 AM
AS LONG AS THE RED SOX ARE IN BOSTON AND THE PATRIOTS IN FOXBORO, UNH, UMASS, NORTHEASTERN, URI, UMAINE, AND EVEN BC WILL GET LESS PRESS AND PUBLIC FOLLOWING THEN THEY DESERVE. NEW ENGLAND IS A PRO SPORTS REGION AND IT WOULD TAKE A CATACLYSMIC EVENT TO CHANGE THAT. I TEND TO AGREE WITH THE COACH, I DOUBT THE AVERAGE NH SPORTS FAN KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WILDCAT FOOTBALL.

blueballs
August 7th, 2006, 08:53 AM
One of the drawbacks to having success at our level is the desire opf coaches to advance their careers. I would think that soon this will be a reality that will affect UNH. It will be interesting to see if that program is able to sustain its recent success with new leadership.

Ivytalk
August 7th, 2006, 08:56 AM
That's not quite "bulletin board" material for the Wildcat locker room, but the "Ray-Ban Man" speaks the truth.

henfan
August 7th, 2006, 09:33 AM
That's not quite "bulletin board" material for the Wildcat locker room, but the "Ray-Ban Man" speaks the truth.

Keeler's an Oakley guy.:cool:

That comment wasn't a slight of UNH and the State of NH. Keeler was commenting more on his own team's following in its own state.

UNH 40
August 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Keeler's an Oakley guy.:cool:

That comment wasn't a slight of UNH and the State of NH. Keeler was commenting more on his own team's following in its own state.

He spoke the truth, plain and simple. It is well known that of all the A-10 teams Delaware is year in and year out expected to be at the top of the conference and if they're not there is much disappointment, second guessing, and blaming coaches by the people in the state of Delaware. If UNH has the same fate it goes vertually unnoticed by Granite Staters. It is to bad that UNH doesn't have a bigger following, the kids on the team have worked so hard to get where they are at. They deserve a better, more inspired following.

Just for the record Keeler needs to lose the glasses. They look foolish.

UNHknowledge
August 7th, 2006, 09:53 AM
The lack of real football fans in NH and all of NE for that matter is no secret and all we can do at UNH is continue to build our program by winning games. Hopefully the new stadium will come before the year 2020 and people will finally support.

The stadium really hurts UNH, because I truly believe that people in NH do want to support football but Cowell Stadium is just a terrible football environment. The Manchester Wolves have one of the highest attendance averages in AF2 so that proves that people in NH do want to watch football. The track around Cowell makes it so that even if it sells out it only sounds like there is a handful of fans in the crowd when you are on the field. I don't think there will ever be a following at UNH like at Deleware, Montana, and GSU...but the new stadium would make a significant difference.

GannonFan
August 7th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Nothing smack here - he was just pointing out reality which no one really denies. As other have said, New England is not a hot bed of rabid college football fans, and even more so at the I-AA level. No harm in that but it is reality.

Just for the record Keeler needs to lose the glasses. They look foolish.

Didn't we discuss this before? He actually has a medical condition that makes eye exposure to bright light (including stadium lights at night games) painful - not sure of the exact name, but it's been mentioned before. Would you rant on a guy that had to use a cane or a wheelchair too? tsk tsk. : smh :

mainejeff
August 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
AS LONG AS THE RED SOX ARE IN BOSTON AND THE PATRIOTS IN FOXBORO, UNH, UMASS, NORTHEASTERN, URI, UMAINE, AND EVEN BC WILL GET LESS PRESS AND PUBLIC FOLLOWING THEN THEY DESERVE. NEW ENGLAND IS A PRO SPORTS REGION AND IT WOULD TAKE A CATACLYSMIC EVENT TO CHANGE THAT. I TEND TO AGREE WITH THE COACH, I DOUBT THE AVERAGE NH SPORTS FAN KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT WILDCAT FOOTBALL.

:nod: : smh :.

UNH 40
August 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Didn't we discuss this before? He actually has a medical condition that makes eye exposure to bright light (including stadium lights at night games) painful - not sure of the exact name, but it's been mentioned before. Would you rant on a guy that had to use a cane or a wheelchair too? tsk tsk. : smh :

My bad, I didn't know he had a medical condition.