PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 9

superman7515
October 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM
All the games, scores, records, etc have been updated but I'm still doing some minor aesthetic work (highlighting lines and teams on the bubble for 7 wins) so if you notice anything changing it's just me making it easier to read. If you notice any problems, let me know.

The SOS is updated through last week's games as long as you see *** next to it. Once Sagarin updates his SOS ratings, I will change the spreadsheet and remove the asteriks. Once they are gone, that includes todays games.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 9 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHZNSm5qUjQ1NVZ5NFB0ZnF4UzFFb Xc)

JMUNJ08
October 27th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Getting an early bump...

Big question will be how far the TSN & Coaches move down Cal Poly...

CSN-info
October 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sagarin doesn't measure FCS correctly especially with SOS. FBS people love Sagarin but FCS people should take Sagarin with a grain. Use Massey for SOS.

wmmii
October 28th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Thanks again, awesome job!

paul1978
October 28th, 2012, 10:41 AM
bump

superman7515
October 28th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Bump for those trying to get it in before the storm gets here tonight/tomorrow.

Nickels
October 28th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Great job on this Superman. I know it must take some time, so thanks for that. I use it every week.

superman7515
October 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Updated with the SOS through yesterday's games. Last week's Top 25:

Strongest SOS:

Southern Illinois - 113
Youngstown State - 121
Northern Arizona - 139

Weakest SOS:

Albany - 207
Stony Brook - 226
Lehigh - 230

URMite
October 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I have always really liked and appreciated this work that you do. Actually it is so close to what I am trying to create as a nitty gritty. I think the only change would be to the AGS top 25 column. I'd use record vs other teams on the spreadsheet that week.

And that I expect to use tomorrow's AGS poll since my goal is present resumes for playoff discussion not poll voting.

CopperCat
October 28th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Updated with the SOS through yesterday's games. Last week's Top 25:

Strongest SOS:

Southern Illinois - 113
Youngstown State - 121
Northern Arizona - 139

Weakest SOS:

Albany - 207
Stony Brook - 226
Lehigh - 230

There is no way NAU should ever be that high this year. It's been said already, but Sagarin doesn't do a very good job of measuring the FCS. This is a prime example.

But nonetheless, thanks for posting!

jmufan999
October 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Love this and appreciate it a ton, like everyone else here.

Shouldn't The Citadel have at least one loss vs. AGS top 25, though? They just lost to #5 Wofford.

BEAR
October 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Appreciate it much!

UCA has 6 Division I wins though... 5 SLC wins and a win vs. Murray State for a total of 6.

Overall record of 7-2..yes the added win was subFCS.

Conference record of 5-1 not 4-1

4 wins in a row..not three.

Is this updated today?

Sam is at least 0-1 vs. AGS top 25 with the loss to UCA which I believe was ranked about 19 at the time. I could be wrong though.

superman7515
October 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
UCA was one of the last games I was waiting on. When I updated the score I must have gone to copy the score into Southeastern Louisiana and missed it when I came back. Part of doing this every week is being smart enough to ask people to let me know of any errors, haha. Thanks for the heads up Bear.

401ks
October 28th, 2012, 08:58 PM
bump

asumike83
October 29th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Bump, for my fellow last minute voters.

BEAR
October 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM
UCA was one of the last games I was waiting on. When I updated the score I must have gone to copy the score into Southeastern Louisiana and missed it when I came back. Part of doing this every week is being smart enough to ask people to let me know of any errors, haha. Thanks for the heads up Bear.

No problem! I completely understand. xlolx I have to edit my "slc gameresults and playoff predicitons" several times before I can post them each week. xlolx
I just wasn't sure if this was last weeks or up to date. Great job again!

URMite
October 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
All the games, scores, records, etc have been updated but I'm still doing some minor aesthetic work (highlighting lines and teams on the bubble for 7 wins) so if you notice anything changing it's just me making it easier to read. If you notice any problems, let me know.

The SOS is updated through last week's games as long as you see *** next to it. Once Sagarin updates his SOS ratings, I will change the spreadsheet and remove the asteriks. Once they are gone, that includes todays games.

AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 9 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHZNSm5qUjQ1NVZ5NFB0ZnF4UzFFb Xc)

OK, so how did you find Samford, SELA, & EIU? I don't see where teams below #40 are posted.